Guild Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SaTsuJiN
Was anyone playing the alpha during E3?

Here's me and a group of absolute strangers during 'naked time'
*giggle*

SaTsuJiN
and heres another with our armor on (very nice volumetric lighting)

RaventheOnly
Free is good droolio comes out in January big grin

SaTsuJiN
yeah I bought the preorder package.. so I get to play the trials until the game comes out (first weekend of every month)

KidRock
What do you all think?

SaTsuJiN
I think I made a thread on dis wun.. but its prolly bettah to merge big grin
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=295100&highlight=Guild+Wars

dave123
*waves his magic wand* happy

SaTsuJiN
yay~ *dances in the sparkles* Happy Dance

-,- I missed the beta weekend again.. I play WoW too much

RaventheOnly
it comes out next month big grin but its made for competition messed amongst players messed

SaTsuJiN
that sounds fun.. I think Im gonna make a mesmer.. they do so much damage its silly lol.. one spell cast and the targets HP just spills out

SaTsuJiN
Beta weekend event is this weekend comin up, yay~

" When does the Beta Weekend Event begin?

The next Beta Weekend Event will start Friday morning, February 18th. Please watch www.guildwars.com for more information."

Filth
I'm playing in that beta cool

Sun Ce
I'm apart of the Dynasty Warriors clan, they play this game every beta week, i'm also playing it in the last beta weekend, for the lucky guys who got the preorder pack they get to play 1 day early lol, so if u never knew that then get playing.

If your interested in joining a clan in GW go here www.dynasty-warriors.net
My name is also Sun Ce within DW

SaTsuJiN
the guys who got the preorder have been playing lol.. since before december.. its a good game.. I have yet to see the polished playstyle though

SaTsuJiN
My necro from the final beta weekend big grin

April 27th or 28th is the release date for the retail

MetallicaT
is it better then WoW?

BackFire
It's different from WoW.

My friend has been playing it for a while now, so he tells me quite a lot about it.

First and foremost, this isn't a MMOG, you actually play with only a few other people at a time, the only time it's massive is in town (I think) when you're just idling or chatting.

The game is basically, as the name suggests, based on group pvp. You get in a guild and battle against another team, this is basically the whole game.

I won't be playing it myself, doesn't look like it would hold my interest for very long.

forumcrew
i really like the game so far, been playing for a few days and its really fun

BackFire
I just picked it up today, after playing on my friends account for a couple of hours. Pretty fun game, so far so good.

Anyone else playing it?

SaTsuJiN
Me.. my warrior is Satosa Jin big grin

my real life friends invited me to their guild called Xile

Primitive Screwhead
Originally posted by BackFire
It's different from WoW.

My friend has been playing it for a while now, so he tells me quite a lot about it.

First and foremost, this isn't a MMOG, you actually play with only a few other people at a time, the only time it's massive is in town (I think) when you're just idling or chatting.

The game is basically, as the name suggests, based on group pvp. You get in a guild and battle against another team, this is basically the whole game.

I won't be playing it myself, doesn't look like it would hold my interest for very long.

So, say you've been playing CoH for about six months, and now want a comparable D&D experience... is Lineage II or WoW a better route to take over Guild Wars? Certainly sounds like it...

SaTsuJiN
lol I can hardly imagine someone roleplaying in lineage 2 with how steep the grind is.. WoW may provide more of a role play experience (I think thats what you mean anyway), as they have strict roleplaying servers

Primitive Screwhead
How much worse is grinding in Lineage II compared to CoH? Using a bunch of mid-20/30 level characters in that one, I can't imagine Lineage being THAT much worse...

BackFire
Lineage II is the king of the grind, the whole game is based on the grind. I'd suggest WoW, big time. Role Playing is a big part of that game, especially if you join a Role Playing server.

dark1365
What Chris said.

forumcrew
my name on guild wars is Lord Skywalker im on a Ranger/Elementalist right now (level 17) i think the game is awesome its a ton of fun just adventuring out wiht people... i spent liek 6 hours going on a huge expedition... look me up in the game

forumcrew
some pics...

Even rangers need love:
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~stevenw1/gw002.JPG

out in the oceans:
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~stevenw1/gw005.JPG

wondering a field:
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~stevenw1/gw007.JPG

mass ranger pets:
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~stevenw1/gw008.JPG

scenic view:
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~stevenw1/gw008.JPG

the new build was messed up and the game would crash if you walked so everyone started doing /dance .... mostly without clothes.
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~stevenw1/gw011.JPG

SaTsuJiN
me after I bought all the ascalon gear

forumcrew
you know you can kill hud? ctrl + shift + h

RaventheOnly
Apparently i preordered it through best buy..... and it still hasn't fing come mad it said it was shipped on the 27th I already saved my name stick out tongue think i forgot lol its been a while big grin

BackFire
Thats why I never preorder anything, I hate making a commitment to a store and then they screw up and don't get it on the right day.

forumcrew
yea i walked into gamestop on wednesday and bought it they even gave me the preorder box so i could log in that day and not wait for wide release on thursday.. pre-ordering is stupid

RaventheOnly
well i preordered because i knew i would have no money at this moment laughing out loud plus i really can;t play right now anywway laughing out loud

Konjammenson
so i went into eb games today to due some browsing. i asked the guy if he had played guild wars? he said no, but he advised against it because its not actually free like it says. he said that its free, but then upgrades keep coming out that you have to pay 20 dollars for.

is he full of crap? all ive heard is free online play, free online play, free online play. I am looking very possibly at buying this game.

BackFire
Yeah, there will be updates that will expand the game, but you don't have to buy them if you don't want to.

forumcrew
yea get it anyway.. theres TONS of stuff to do in the game

RaventheOnly
Yeah i can tell how that there are like 4 kingdoms ranging from ice to molten to desolate... and there are orc armies, undead armies , zerg like things and demons big grin

forumcrew
theres many kinds of dragons, giants, trolls, ghosts, snakes, big ass tremor worms, centaurs, theres everything you could want to kill and its long as hell.. there plenty of stuff to find and do after 20

FeceMan
Elementalist Ranger, methinks. Water or Air specialized. Perhaps a Necromancer Ranger, too. Or maybe a Necromancer Warrior.

Teh hawtness.

forumcrew
Rangers and Warriors are not the best secondary classes.. ranger is ok as it though, but warrior is close to useless at it

btw you can change your secondary after you ascend but at a great price

Konjammenson
i took your guys' advise and said screw the guy at eb games and got it anyway. just installed it an hour ago. this game is sweet!

RaventheOnly
Yeah it was funny cause me and my cusin thought the academy lvl was what the world was gonna be like hysterical and we walked out and the two year time elapse hit us laughing out loud and it was heck laughing out loud

forumcrew
whats ur guys name online?

mines Lord Skywalker im on a good bit and ive been through like everything so if you need help or have a question or just wanna find someone to play with hit me up.

RaventheOnly
Cool eek! My name is Jason Diaz laughing out loud (not very original) laughing out loud

forumcrew
thats cool, its not like i can claim originality either.. ill look for you online

Maverick2364
I wish the level cap wasn't at 20, but never-the-less this game rocks.
I'm Maverick Deathbow, R/MO16 wandering around Kryta right now. Look me up and my pet bear Fido if you need anything.

Konjammenson
my char name is Jeffrey Miller. hit me up. I love this game.

Konjammenson
We should make a KMC guild

choosewisely
yeah neato idea...just bought the game 2 it's awesome....i am lvl 6 already i a few hours....

Konjammenson
Originally posted by choosewisely
yeah neato idea...just bought the game 2 it's awesome....i am lvl 6 already i a few hours....

well if anybody really wants to we should. KMC guild

choosewisely
but theres 1 little prob....i've made my own guild since yesterday...and you can be in only 1...

choosewisely
another thing....does any1 know how i can change my name..?

-chazz-
Happy Dance Happy Dance :jerry:

-chazz-
hi

-chazz-
hello

-chazz-
hi

forumcrew
Originally posted by choosewisely
another thing....does any1 know how i can change my name..?

youd have to make a new character to change your name.

And I already have a large guild with a hall and what not.. but i will look for some of you on there!

Mist
Just been having a look at some of the videos and stuff about this game the other day, and it looks pretty cool. I dont usually look into online rpgs, because they dont seem to be my thing, but this game looks awesome. Plus, the 'no subscription fee' is quite a lure big grin

So theres a high chance I'll be getting this game soon, but what is the general idea about this game, as in, what do people think about it?

Good, bad, could be better?

choosewisely
i've made a guild.....got 1 member so far...no expression
almost got guild hall .....also have cape and website/forum
pm if ya want to join
the name is UMG United Masters Guild rolling on floor laughing

choosewisely
Originally posted by Mist
Just been having a look at some of the videos and stuff about this game the other day, and it looks pretty cool. I dont usually look into online rpgs, because they dont seem to be my thing, but this game looks awesome. Plus, the 'no subscription fee' is quite a lure big grin

So theres a high chance I'll be getting this game soon, but what is the general idea about this game, as in, what do people think about it?

Good, bad, could be better?

most people compare guild wars with World Of Warcraft and than say guild wars sucks....but some friends (WoW playing friends)of mine stopped WoW and bought Gw ...it might be because you don't have to pay monthly for it......and other not WoW players say if they bought 1 of the 2 games they would buy WoW because of the storyline (warcraft 1 warcraft 2 etc.)
but the funny thing is that the story in GW much cooler is than the one in WoW....the story also brings you trough the whole map....and explains what your goal in the game is......
you've got missions and quests....quests tell there own story (no cinamatics) and in each mission is a part of the head story (with youre party playing in cinematics).

another good part of it wich seems to be a disadvantage is that u cant lvl higher as lvl 20 ....but when you're lvl 20 youre expoints are used to get more skill points...(you need them to buy new skills and more)....so after level 20 u're still getting better because of the new skills you can get by doing quests.........

i hope you know enough now stick out tongue

JKozzy
Quite festive Guild Wars was today.. smile

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2955/pumpkin6uz.th.jpg

forumcrew
whats your name on there kozzy?

JKozzy
Galen Zotikos is my main character. I have Tiargar Ironbow as pre-searing still.

Up to 161 districts tonight for Lions Gate.... http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/icons/v2/icon5.gif

RaventheOnly
Thats so cool I haven't logged on forever > . <

forumcrew
Originally posted by JKozzy
Galen Zotikos is my main character. I have Tiargar Ironbow as pre-searing still.

Up to 161 districts tonight for Lions Gate.... http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/icons/v2/icon5.gif

yea i saw 176 when i was there at the 9pm showing of the king

JKozzy
Damn.

That was fun, though. Wonder if we'll get anything for Thanksgiving or Christmas...

SaTsuJiN
lol I never finished the quest for that dern fire sword >_<

choosewisely
i need a new guild....got 3 lvl 20 chars now 2 ascented

Sir Mist
I havent played for aaaages...my guy is only lvl 8 messed

JKozzy
Wow, haven't played much, eh? messed

SaTsuJiN
mine was like almost 15, my friends were all 20 -,-

JKozzy
I've been 20 for awhile, waiting for the cap to be finally raised... erm

forumcrew
I've been 20 for awhile, waiting for the cap to be finally raised... erm

yeall all mine are 20 beat the crap out of every mission so many damn times... i dont imagine we will see a level cap and it wont even matter much if they do because the levels are so easy to get and arnt really a big part of the game.. which blows sorta.. i think im gonna get into LOTR online in february

Sir Mist
Wow, haven't played much, eh? messed

Nope, I lost interest after about 2 weeks, too many new games kept coming out laughing out loud But I start holidays next week, so Ill bring it out again.

What did you have to do to get the Halloween costumes? Were they mission based rewards or could you buy them?

forumcrew
the halloween stuff you got in lions arch a guy came and you just had to use emotes for a while and then you got it. 2 weekS? i managed to put in 100 hours in 5 days cause i had been sick and had nothin to do with no classes or anything when the game was first released.. i played a ton for a couple months but even sorrows furnace couldnt keep my interest that much.

choosewisely
yes....more updates or gw 2.... ive got almost all the mesmer skills available no expression

Koala MeatPie
I have not played any video games scince Late September, And I suddently got the urge to play something where I can boost states, have tones of items and such and such.

I vacated Runescape members last summer and Did not want to join back. I wanted something similar, but with better graphics.

I played Diablo II to death, and I wanted something MORE, via internet, but without those cheaters and witha bigger more varied world.

So I walked into a future saw "Free Online Play" And I have yet to install it, Can't wait.

Ranger Elementist or Ranger Illusionist sounds fun.

Probly end up as Ranger Necro.

BackFire
God, no more Rangers, there's already too many of them.

JKozzy
Be a monk.... please laughing out loud

BackFire
Monks are so good.

crazy_shadow
some guy at school told me the game got old fast so i didn't get it. is this true though? I haven't played it yet. Or for an example, what game is it similar to?

SaTsuJiN
hmm.. have you played phantasy star online, or diablo 2?...

basically.. you start off in a city (a lobby).. theres no player limit for city areas... then there are action areas (the game) where anywhere from 2 to I think 4 or 8 players are allowed...basically mission fields and dungeons

then there is the pvp aspect.. that goes from 4 to I think 8 players per team

as for the financial aspect... you buy the game once.. you dont pay for anything else .. you only pay for expansions, if you 'choose' to purchase them.. and the game gets updated often as an MMO would

I ran a guild wars search on Youtube.com.. perhaps youll find videos here that'll give you a better insight

http://youtube.com/results?search=guild+wars&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

Mišt
Meh, I got bored of it after about a week. Theres not a lot of player interaction, you have to form a party and go explore together, you cant just roam around and bump into people, the game loads a different area for each player, so it basically turns into a single player game erm

MadMel
oh man..i was gonna get this too. thnx for the tip tho mist.

Mišt
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
I have not played any video games scince Late September, And I suddently got the urge to play something where I can boost states, have tones of items and such and such.

Ranger Elementist or Ranger Illusionist sounds fun.

One word: Oblivion.

I didnt really like the stat building and RPG elements of this game for some reason, just didnt seem as cool as other RPGs.

My guy was a Ranger/Elemantalist w00t I only picked Ranger so I could have a pet sleeping

Originally posted by MadMel
oh man..i was gonna get this too. thnx for the tip tho mist.

Depends what you're into, if you want a good MMO skip this and get Warcraft or something. If you want an RPG, meh, suppose you could give it a go. Personally, I wish I kept my money instead of buying it. erm

MadMel
i dont think im into online mmos, but the graphs on this mad me change my mind..until wat u said.. so ill stick to offline
rpgs

Koala MeatPie
I havn't read this thread scince now.

I ended up as Ranger Elemantalist.

Its exactly what I was searching for. (the game) really like it, Worth every penny.

I will Probably start another charcter as a Necro sub-Warrior And dunno what.

March 24th you get to play the expansion demo for free.

forumcrew

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
hmm.. have you played phantasy star online, or diablo 2?...

basically.. you start off in a city (a lobby).. theres no player limit for city areas... then there are action areas (the game) where anywhere from 2 to I think 4 or 8 players are allowed...basically mission fields and dungeons

then there is the pvp aspect.. that goes from 4 to I think 8 players per team

as for the financial aspect... you buy the game once.. you dont pay for anything else .. you only pay for expansions, if you 'choose' to purchase them.. and the game gets updated often as an MMO would

I ran a guild wars search on Youtube.com.. perhaps youll find videos here that'll give you a better insight

http://youtube.com/results?search=guild+wars&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

I played both, and I was hooked on diablo 2 for about 3 years straight. Phantasy star, i played with my friends for awhile then just kinda went "pff". but it was fun. if guild wars is like a combo with these, i'm definately getting it fear

Koala MeatPie
Error

Code=072

MU HA!!!!!

I'm rich evil face

I now own approx 40 Black Dyes.

Wait... rolling back?
Damned.

Koala MeatPie
So basically it will be back at 11:30 EST.

JKozzy
No more 40 black dyes for Koala stick out tongue

forumcrew
anyone remember when that happened when they merged the economy? and Ectos and shit were insanely low for like 5 minutes? I made over a million on that

JKozzy
...sharing is caring smile

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by forumcrew
anyone remember when that happened when they merged the economy? and Ectos and shit were insanely low for like 5 minutes? I made over a million on that

I wouldn't know, I only bought the game last Wensday.

Why did they need to merge the economy? Merge with what?

AH SON OF A F°CK! MY BOW!!!!!

Koala MeatPie
GRRR

I Spent good money for this program and I expect it to work!
I bet this is all the fault of some new recruit accidentally pressing the "reset" button on the economy.

Just like there is a Reset button on all forums.
Like what happened to Pre-KMC in 2000.

Not its set for 2:00 am EST.

I was actually in-game when this happened.

You couldn't change town, Couldn't change District, or even leave town.
What happened was every Item Suddenly sold for 250gp.

Then the figured it out suppose, and Every Rune Merchant / Dye Merchant Suddenly had no Items to offer.

My guess is that, in addition to rewriting what each merchant is selling in each town, they have to reload the previous state of each member, seeing as each character is stored on there servers.

Nota: I have not played any video games scince October 2005 prior to me buying Guild Wars Last Wensday.

forumcrew
I wouldn't know, I only bought the game last Wensday.

Why did they need to merge the economy? Merge with what?

AH SON OF A F°CK! MY BOW!!!!!

FoW armor ate up that money otherwise Id share it away because I hardly have played after they added the furnace.. Ive been thinking of getting back into it though. whats your ingame name kozzy?

oh and the economy merge was with korea and europe. they put the 3 together into 1 system.

Koala MeatPie
(...)

oh and the economy merge was with korea and europe. they put the 3 together into 1 system.

FoW Armour?

Putting the 3 economies together was a VERY smart idea.
Mostly because of the chaos Theory.

Otherwise Being Rich in the European Districts Could mean being poor in the American and Absolutly Godly in Korea.

And all the Prices would vary tooo much.

forumcrew
Fissure of Woe armor

JKozzy
FoW armor ate up that money otherwise Id share it away because I hardly have played after they added the furnace.. Ive been thinking of getting back into it though. whats your ingame name kozzy?

oh and the economy merge was with korea and europe. they put the 3 together into 1 system. Galen Zotikos is my main char, W/Mo. I have a presear ranger but I haven't really played him much, Tiargar Ironbow.

Koala MeatPie
Anybody pre-ordering Factions?

I'm not, I'm nto even going to buy it, f it is what they ar saying it is.

(a Stand Alone game)

Instead of being an expension pack for less $ then the original that emrges of it (Much like LOD with Diablo II)

Its going to be G.W. II : factions.

BUT It will include all other 6 classes if it is like that.

I just hope its a merging type of espantion and not a stand alone.
Because that would be just STUPID if tis stand alone. EASPECIALLY if they are releasing a new one each 6-9 months.

PLUS if they make it merging they will make more $, even if they lower the price.

Why?

Becasue to play the epensions you need Prophecies.

The play expension II you Need Prophecies AND Factions.

To play Expension 3 you need Prophecies, Factions AND Expantion II.

And so on so forth.

They could literly create and Empire.

JKozzy
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say, but you don't need Prophecies to play Factions...

forumcrew
yea this is not an expansion in the typical sense of the word. You can play factions if youve never played GW before. However if you have prophicies you will have the added bonus of being able to play both your prophecies characters in factions and your factions characters in prophecies which is pretty cool.

Kozzy i know ther are giving you 2 more character slots on factions if you buy prophecies... so will you then have just the 6 total? or will you also have like 4/6 seperate slots on factions as well.. im thinking its the latter of the 2 and it damn well better be.

Koala MeatPie
I did some snooping around and I have learned that it will be a FULL price stand alone game... Which you can merge with Prophecies.

IF only IF you merge with Prophecies, you will have 6 slots.

If you don't, you will have 4 slots with 8 types to choose from.

Koala MeatPie
So yes, my Name in GW is Koala MeatPie.

Some dick thought I was Australian, i told hm "No I am not Australian"

"OH! So your a poser eh?"

"No, i am not PRetending to be Austrailian, i am From Canada"

"Then Change your name"

"No"

(Other people from the Party tell me off)
(I tell them off)

"Listen I am not Australian, i don't intended to be Australian I am not PRetending to Be Australian Koala MeatPie is Just funny, and I am NOT changing my name"

Then I get this e-mail... WTF how did they get my e-mail?

So I told him off.

His E-mail is:

[email protected]

Name is:

Lachlan Essery

And I will be giving you his address in a bit.

This is just so if ever you have anythign to say to him.

Koala MeatPie
They already have a Playable version of Chapter 3....

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/guildwarsfactions/news.html?sid=6147315

(Maybe not Demo, but Internally)

Koala MeatPie
194 Hours, 31 Minutes and 34 Days latter, I finally finished The game on One Character.

Spawn_Master
I'm waiting for my package with Guild Wars in it to arrive..once it is..Hallilooya.. eek!

Spawn_Master
So yes, my Name in GW is Koala MeatPie.

Some dick thought I was Australian, i told hm "No I am not Australian"

"OH! So your a poser eh?"

"No, i am not PRetending to be Austrailian, i am From Canada"

"Then Change your name"

"No"

(Other people from the Party tell me off)
(I tell them off)

"Listen I am not Australian, i don't intended to be Australian I am not PRetending to Be Australian Koala MeatPie is Just funny, and I am NOT changing my name"

Then I get this e-mail... WTF how did they get my e-mail?

So I told him off.

His E-mail is:

[email protected]

Name is:

Lachlan Essery

And I will be giving you his address in a bit.

This is just so if ever you have anythign to say to him. ..WTF? laughing

Anyone who likes to fill ppl's e-mails with gay porn probably likes gay's then laughing

ðµhµl gê†ñåh
kool ppl here play gw as well. my ign is naota takhun, thats my main char.

hit me up ne time in game if u wanna play.

Lord Paradise
So, still no KMC Guild? That's a shame.

I just got Prophecies a week or two ago.

My only character right now is Lord Paradise PFM, R/Me (at the time, I didn't realize that there are way too many Rangers, but I'm getting a Warrior, Elementalist, and a Monk later, so no need to worry). I heart this game, and I intend to buy the other two after I've done all I need to do in the original.

Peach
Yeah, so, I'm bumping this back up as I've been playing GW a ton lately. I have Prophecies and Factions, but I've been playing the most on Factions. I just like it better.

Who else plays? I know Ush and GK do.

I keep swapping between two characters, Assassin/Ranger and Ritualist/Necromancer. The second one there? Fun combination.

Final Blaxican
I love this game, the gameplay is addicting.

I've never played it though. Would like to one day.

Peach
It's fun. More enjoyable than a regular MMO, I think, but part of it is because I hate dealing with stupid people and since this is very team-based you avoid most of that.

Though some stupidity is funny. Like the crowds of naked dancing people in towns...

Peach
Since we've completely derailed that one thread...

Originally posted by Burning thought
ime curious is guild wars armour more asthetic still than actual use? I remember when i hit level 20 and was looking at the best armour that it wasnt that much better than my current, it just looked much better..

I've noticed that the armor upgrades do make quite a bit of difference, but my two main characters are ones that have low max armor ratings, so yeah. A little definitely helps a lot there. But it seems to me is that there's simply more choices once you get into the higher armor ratings.

Ushgarak
In short, what Burning Thought says is true. By the time you hit level 20 you probably find the best armour there is- it certainly becomes available in all 3 campaigns long before the end, though as it costs 1000 per parts that is 5000 in all, which is probably going to be the thing that holds you back longe rthan finding it (especially in Factions and Nightfall where you find it relatively fast). The game is balanced around armour like that (by class), so in fact all armour before it is underpowered.

So yes, after that, armour is for the look of it.

Basically the average class tops out at armour 60, at which point the damage curve is normal. If you have less than 60 armour you take more damage than normal, if you have more than 60 you take less. 60 is the magic number in the damage formula GW uses.

BackFire
I was talking with my friend who has been playing Guild Wars for years, and he said The Dervish is probably the best class in the game, for PVP at least, that's all he cares about. I watched him play it and it did seem pretty powerful, massive damage that can hit multiple targets.

MIŠT
Might reinstall this later...

Peach
I want to give Dervish a try. That's basically why I want Nightfall. So I can make a Dervish.

I love Ritualist, though. It's so much fun.

Ushgarak
A Dervish is a straight-up Magical fighter, which was actually something GW hadn't done yet so it was a good idea. It is the closest the game has to a Paladin (minus the healing though).

So a Dervish is under-armoured and under-powered compared to a Warrior in a straight fight but uses Enchantments to boost both offence and defence to a superior point. And yes, the scythes they use have a multi-hit schtick.

More complex to use than Warriors, of course.

Peach
And I do love magic...big grin

Peach
Bought Nightfall yesterday, made a Dervish...yeah, it's a great class. Similar to Assassin in that it takes a bit of work to do well, but if you layer your enchantments right you can basically act as a tank (two of the first ones you get work great - one boosts up your HP a ton and the other boosts your damage, I always have them active). Which is cool. And then I went with Monk as my secondary.

SaTsuJiN
So in what order are the games?

I know they had the Orient themed expan, and the Egyptian themed expan.. but I kinda lost track of them after that

Ushgarak
The original (now called Prophecies) was European, then the Asian one was Factions. Then Nightfall- which was actually a bit broader than Egypt, having a big Persian area too.

That was the point where they abandoned the stand alone model when they decided that the game was going to bloat too much so they needed to make GW2 (still no sign). So to tie up things in the world they released the 'Eye of the North' expansion, which although an expansion for all three campaigns takes place in the frozen north areas of the original European-style setting (though it also added stuff like dungeons to the game).

Peach
And Eye of the North I still need to get.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.