Which Final Fantasy Is The Best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mastergadenGT
WHICH FF is the best

AdventChild

SaTsuJiN
*sigh*.. another one of these?.... 6 is the best... followed by 7

mr.smiley
everyone i play i claim is the best.
besides ten 2.
that was more of a guilty pleasure

Kael
9 as thats the only one i can remember http://www.smeds.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1108593168_orig.gif
Apart from 10 which i thought was boring and dismal http://www.smeds.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1108593023_orig.gif

ScarFace Clone
none of them

god number 2
has to be 7

Silver Stardust
I liked 10 the best.

But would it have been too hard to use the search feature to find one of the millions of other "Which FF is best" thread?

FFXRULEZ

Maylien
7 is definetly the best but i haven't played nine and i've heard that is really good

FallenArchAngel
I think 10 has the best storyline and battle system, however the character design is not as cool as 7

Maylien
10 is a good storyline and some of the characters are good too but yeah i agree 7 is the better of the two

FallenArchAngel
what do u think about Advent Children. I can't wait to see it

Maylien
Should be good

FallenArchAngel
I know Little Fishy also agrees

Maylien
Shut up about the stupid little fishy

Lyra Rose
7 and 10

FallenArchAngel
"Shut up about the stupid little fishy"

HOW DARE U unsult little fishy

Maylien
i dare cos i can

whitedragon

ChickinMeat
ive only played 7 and 10, i liked both equally

ragit
this is a form not a frickin this that and the other bull s_it site

b-dan
seven and ten are the best ones 9 is shit but advent children cant wait for that movie and derge of ceribus

liam k
9 is the best by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filth
ffx was the best.

AnGeLiz0r
i think that 8 was the best, i prefered the story line, all the nice little bonuses you could find and the way you could junction the gf's, and it looked pretty dam nice as well

frodo34x
Easy. 7.

Dr. G.K Gonzo
1. 10
2. 7
3. 6

Darth Jello
dawn of souls

chops
ff7 by far. then followed by 10

FeceMan
I've only played a few, to be honest, but I don't see how anything could top number seven. A couple of the SNES ones were "ehh", and I didn't like them (can't remember their names).

FeceMan
Sorry for the double post (don't feel like editing), but FFX was pretty cool, but, from what I've heard, FFX-2 sucked the big one in the story department.

powerfulone1987
FFX, by far was the best and my first.

fopret
10 was great, but 7 is by far the best followed by 8 it a known fact.

shangheid
7 then 10

DracotheDragon

oh, and haven't you guys gotten tired of posting about final fantasy yet, I seem to see these threads all the time, and somehow, people keep re-itterating what they have said millions of times already, it's pretty annoying, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Mainstream
7 ugh

Draco69

Never played 3.

SaTsuJiN
1.) 6
2.) 7
3.) 10

fopret
Sorry you feel that way DracotheDragon, people are just saying there favourite game. if you get annoyed dont look at this thread it logical.

Mistah DEVIL
some fool told my bro that you can bring Aeris back to life with the 32 toy soldiers in FF7, is this true? He also said there were multiple endings in FF7. What the f**k? I have played ff7 in years so I don't know.

fopret
It may be true cause it says you can get a level four limit break for Aeris that makes the party invincible and i highly doubt that you would be able to get that in disc one. Not sure about the multiple endings.

Lord Ryugen
Aerith's level four limit break can be found in the blacksmith's house on the western continent. The house is near The broken reactor where you collect Titan, it's behind a mountain near the beach. To get the Limit you must give the blacksmith some Mithril. To do this take the buggy back to eastern continent by driving it into Cost de Sol and bribing the guard at the ship to let you stoaway. Once in Junon leave and drive into the forests to find a river you can cross. Go into the cave there and speak to the sleeping man, he'll give you your battle stats, if the last two numbers of your total battle count are the sam e.g 122 he'll wake up and give you the Mithril. Go back to the blacksmith and he'll let you choose the item from inside either a large wooden chest on the bottom floor (a gold armlet) or a small metal case upstairs (Great Gospel) go upstairs and take the Great Gospel.

Note: Great Gospel is a kind of compilation of Aerith's previous limits, it makes you invincible and heals and cures you. I can't remember if it puts up the other two characters limit meters but I doubt it.

PS. Mistah DEVIL your brother heard wrong you can't bring Aerith back to life in any way. The 1/32 on the toy soldiers stands for their scale not their total number.

fopret
Wow impressive, i take it your a final fantasy expert,what was your game like? and thanks i use that tip in my next game.

powerfulone1987
Final Fantasy X and X-2

fopret
What do you like about 10-2?

powerfulone1987
I like the characters and how some change and some new ones are introduced and I like the gameplay, the battles are really interesting and good and it's a new way to battle that I had never experienced before.
Most of all I like the story line.
Putting all of this aside, I still can't manage to beat the big machine thing ( can't remember what it's called cause it's been so long since I have popped the game in and tried to beat the machine). I even bought the cheat thing, with the memory card and disk( yall know what I am talking about, it just recently came out last year I think). Well I used a cheat to make me invincible but when I get to the machine I am not invincible, I just have the highest HP you can have for all my characters and then the machine eventually usuall diminishes my HP and kills me. I still haven't put in my codes for some of the new skill outfits like dark knight and stuff like that. Maybe that'll work........i don't know....

P.S. Your answer is some where in there, lol, sorry.

fopret
By machine do you mean Vegnagun? or maybe the machina panzer?

FeceMan
You know what? You know WHAT?

The first game that should be made for PS3 is a Final Fantasy VII remake. I completely fell in love NOT with the game but the characters. They made the game. Cloud, Barret, Aeris, Tifa, Cid, Sephiroth--his psychoticness was SO damn pimp--hmm, the guy who could turn into monsters, and, my personal favorite...

RED XII.

fopret
its Red XIII,and what about Cait Sith hes the best in the whole game.

The Flash
I liked FFX the most.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Gen. Grevious
By machine do you mean Vegnagun? or maybe the machina panzer?

I'm talking about Vegnagun, yeah that's it, thanks.

Phoenix Aska
there are so many other RPG's out there that are better than FF...

powerfulone1987
But this forum is about Final Fantasy, so if you really think that there are better ones out there then start are forum for them and talk about them there.

No offense intended.

Gen. Grevious
true,true,and what do you find hard about vegnagun?

whobdamandog
Final Fantasy VI was my favorite..I'm still trying to figure out how the hell to get shadow's alternate ending on that one...someone please reply to my thread and let me know if it's ever been able to be found...pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaase...
]

Gen. Grevious
i have a friend who knows i'll get back to you

whobdamandog
Thank you kind sir..so Shadow did actually have an alternate ending? Cool PM me or post on the board when you are able to find it.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Gen. Grevious
true,true,and what do you find hard about vegnagun?

When I get up to the head, I just get overwhelmed.

Phoenix Aska
FFXII is gonna have the sexy character Ashe in it and will be offline...

That might be good

radioboy121
1) I played FF9 much later after release - being discouraged with the images of the big head small body arrangement, but once I purchased it, I really enjoyed it. Go Vivi!

2) 6
3) 7 (great dark theme, but I can do without the cross-dresser Cloud piece)
4) X
5) 5 (I think this is the right number - the one with the skill changing ability)
6) 8 (good game, but I hated that "draw" system)
7) X-2

TX!
i think personally that 7 and 10 aswell are the best but cant wait to see what the future final fantasys will be like

Grd Adm. Thrawn
7, 8 and 9 are the best. I liked 1, 2, 4, 5 and six but the graphics were so bad they put me off a bit. 10 was ok but not as good as 7, 8 and 9 and I thought 10 2 was so boring it's not funny

Gen. Grevious
Lets see,never played 1,2,3,4,5........6 is cool,7 is awesome,8 is awesome,9 is awesome,10 is cool,10-2 is alright but not as good as 10.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I like 7 and 10.

Layden
my favorite is 8 it is my favorite of them and one of my favorite rpgs

AdventChild
7 and i think i already made a thread like this before.. but it had a poll......

Blair Wind
8 all the way!!!!!! it was just the best for me......almost everyone else i know says 7 but it'll always be 8 for me!!!!!

Gen. Grevious
8's real fun.

Marchioness
7 and 9 are the best FF ever. 8 not really my type (I hate the drawing magic part)

Master of B.S
definately 8. ff7 is good but after playing 8 it lacks the great animated sequences and stuff. ff 9 is very good though.

powerfulone1987
Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2.

TheTruePimp
ff 7 has to be the best it has bag graphics but really good characters and story line

StaT1c
Originally posted by mastergadenGT
WHICH FF is the best my dick

powerfulone1987
Well, if that so terrific, why don't you start a thread about it and see how long it last cause we don't want to read nothing about that here.

StaT1c
Nah, I'm too lazy

btw, I don't give a shit what you think b1tch, suck my dick =]

yep, I'm done spamming

Zatch_Bell
7 is the best.

lincoln86323
Final Fantasy 1

EvilCap America
Fianl Fantasy 6 is the best

It was so good they re-did for the next game just with bad characters and one of ther most idiotic storylines ever made.OH but they had alot of pong blocks for graphics and a marketing budget that ensured it would be the most overrated FF game ever

))TrAuMa((
FF XXXVII........

gandrake
final fantasy 10 is awsome,and none of you can chage my opinion.

Zatch_Bell
7 still beats it.

gandrake
thats another one of my favorites but i still like 10 more.

Zatch_Bell
& best no doubt about it.

gandrake
I'd put 7 at #2 on my list.Then 9 then 8.

FF7maniac
Definitely 7 is the best hands down

Kumar
I think 7 is the best followed by 9 then 1. i like the playstation release of Final Fantasy 1 in origins. 2 is f-ed up but 1 is cool. it has no plot though. serously, you can go through the game and actually only talk to about 8 people. it is kinda rediculous, not to mention your characters never speak.

I don't like 10. it stole My buddy and mines girl friends for like 8 months. it took them a year to beat it but they stopped playing so addictively about 5 months into it but it still sucked up most of their free time.

Michikawa
I have to go with 7 although 9 comes close. Only problem with all the Final Fantasies is that after you have played almost 80% of the game the constant random fighting and longer superfights start to feel a bit tedious. The story itself is always good and the way the characters are represented also, but the technical issues start to piss a bit.

I have always liked more of the way Black Isle handled this techincal detail in their games. For example in Planescape: Torment the fights were there only to describe your characters power level and scale. It never felt tedious, always a thrill!

Kumar
i agree, the worst thing about final fantasy is the random battles. sure it is kinda like a signature of the FF franchise but it is still very annoying. i like how in some other RPGs, you can actually see the enimies on the screen and avoid them. it was like that in Chrono Trigger. i really like that battle system

Arbiter
Final Fantasy 7...

Why is FF7 so much better then the rest!? Sure they have Cloud, Sephiroth, and Tifa...I love FF7...

Thoma5
FF 7

GGgrievous725
FF7 & FF

Yuna33
FF7.
Hands down!
But it's hard to decide between FFX, FFVIII, FFVII, and FFX-2.

MrBones
FFVII was the best FF ever

SamuraiChamploo
Definitely FF7. What else is there to say?

HimoKun
7. The best of them all.

dave123
Originally posted by StaT1c
Nah, I'm too lazy

btw, I don't give a shit what you think b1tch, suck my dick =]

yep, I'm done spamming Just so you know, people get banned on these forums for talking like you. Fix up, or get banned - your choice.

Red Superfly
I personally thought FFX was the best, despite the fanboyism FF7 recieves.

Arbiter
What fanboyism? FF7 had cool characters, an awesome stroy, cool boss fights, and now its being remade and is having a movie coming out for it.

Burner
Originally posted by Arbiter
What fanboyism? FF7 had cool characters, an awesome stroy, cool boss fights, and now its being remade and is having a movie coming out for it.

.....no the movie looks cool 'cause of the fighting and stuff, but the game wasn't very good at all. The characters weren't very good either.

I think FFX is the best FFX-2 wasn't very good.

KingDubya
I liked FF7 the best just because of the scene where a story spoiler that I can't tell happens betwixt Aeris and Sephiroth. I just loved seeing that happen.

Dark Launch
FF7 was the best. I loved the whole sepheroth story.

BackFire
I just started playing FF6 again on FF anthologies. It's no secret that not only do I think this is far and away the best FF game ever made, I also think it's the best VIDEO game ever made, period.

It's been a long time since I played thru it, but so far it's still an amazing game, I can't believe how well it's stood the test of time, the story, the characters, the music, heck, even teh graphics are still beautiful despite it being over 10 years old.

It also still has the most hateable and purely evil villain ever to grace a video game. It's no surprise that this is the game that initially began to earn the series recognition as the best RPG series of all time.

It's still a magical game, that didn't need the flashy, graphics, gimmicky battle sytems and over the top storyline twists to keep the player going. If you haven't played this FF6 and enjoy any of the other FF games, do yourself a favor and try to track it down, and prepare yourself for a gaming experience unlike any other.

shockimebones
7 closely followed by 8 which had a far better ending and was more beautiful, but 7 had the best story and characters.

Stealth Agent
i like 10 alot
i could never get through 7

but the best FF is

Kingdom Hearts

BackFire
I just recently played through FF7 again for the first time in about 5 years, and it was far better then I remember.

The last time I played it I was a lot younger, so much of the story I think went over my head, seeing as I was confused by much of it, though I still loved it. But man, playing it again now when I'm older makes me see how great a game it really is.

I seriously couldn't put the controller down, and I ended up playing through the whole game in less then 5 days. What an amazing game, beautiful story and characters with a very powerful ending.

I'm now playing through FF8 again, which I wasn't a big fan of initially. Though I'm hoping now that I'm older I'll like 8 more then I initiallly did.

Kumar
Originally posted by Stealth Agent
i like 10 alot
i could never get through 7

but the best FF is

Kingdom Hearts

ok, i know KH has a lot of FF stuff in it but it isn't a Final Fantasy game. sorry. it is a great game though. I still need to get my FFVII disks back from my friend so i can play it before the movie comes out in September.

BackFire
Over the past couple of weeks I've been having a more or less constant Final Fantasy marathon, I beat 7 and 8 in less then a week, and I'm about to beat 9 as well, and after 9 I will finally beat 10 which I haven't done in the past, and then 10-2.

Anyways, I have to say that after playing 8 again I was still rather disapointed by it. Something about that game just doesn't get me like the others. Everything feels distant or distracted, and the storyline is too complex to fit into a 30 hour game, they shoulda had at least 50 hours worth of pure storytelling to make the story plausable, it felt rushed as it was. Plus the draw system is horrid.

FF9 though, that game is ace, I loved it the first time I played it, and I love it now playing through it again. Not quite as good as 7, but still damn good. It's too bad not many people have played it, it's got great character development, it's almost completely character driven. Check it out if you haven't played it already.

Lana
You haven't beaten 10? I've beaten that one about 5 times.

I actually never finished 9, I got so fed up with how slow the battles could be....

Black Waltz #3
I think that all the final fantasies are great each one has it's good points and bad points and all the characters are call and summons also I can't wait till final fantasy 12 comes out

Dead Goth
I agree with Maylien

dave123
I'm playing through #1 at the moment... only cos of 8bit theatre embarrasment

My 4 are, naturally, BM, Thief, Fighter and RM big grin

BackFire
Originally posted by Lana
You haven't beaten 10? I've beaten that one about 5 times.

I actually never finished 9, I got so fed up with how slow the battles could be....

Nope, I played through the end a couple of times, but never got around to going through the last dungeon. I get caught up in leveling the characters and then just kinda drop out of the story line and just don't care anymore.

Kinda funny I haven't beaten 10,the easiest one I've played, while I've beaten all of the others that I ever played, all of which are a lot tougher.

Yeah, the battles can be slow in 9, but I don't mind, it's how the old ones were and that whole game was meant to be a throw back to the old classics. So it works as far as I'm concerned.

Lana
10 is really easy, by the end I had my characters leveled up so much that Yuna was casting Holy for 80,000+ damage and Lulu was doublecasting Ultima for about the same. I wiped out the final bosses in about 3 hits each.

And I'm just really impatient in battles, so...yeah.

BackFire
80 thousand? How's that work? There's a damage cap of 9999, isn't there?

Lana
Not if you manage to get their final weapons, which have stuff like 1 MP Cost, Magic Booster, Break Damage Limit, etc.....Yuna's is really easy to get, as is Auron's and Rikku's, the others are all a pain in the ass.

BackFire
huh....that's kinda weird.

I dunno why final fantasy does stuff like that, completely trivializes the final boss encounter.

Another reason I liked 9 so much, their weren't any "I win" spells that would kill the final boss in one hit. Beating the boss was still a challenge, even if you mastered everything, you couldn't do anymore then 9999 damage each turn.

Lana
That's why I liked Omega Dungeon in FFX, first time I went in it I got my ass completely wiped out by the first thing I encountered. Bad guys in there have about 2-3 times as many hit points as the final bosses.

I wish I had FFX International, because you get to fight dark versions of the Aeons.....Valefor has something like 900,000 hit points, and Bahamut has 9 million. They're supposed to be SO hard to kill, but I'd really like to at least try.

dave123
I found once you could beat Ozma (or whatever that ball was called) in FF9, then the fight with Kuja was nothing....

BackFire
Yeah, like the weapons in ff7, they were ridiculously tough.

Lana
One thing I had a lot of fun with in FFX if you want to fight ridiculously tough enemies....catch as many monsters as possible for the Monster Arena in the Calm Lands, and fight the hybrids. I still have yet to kill any of them, they're that hard.

BackFire
ah, I'll keep that in mind.

cloud_911
oh 7 is the best final fantasy

cloud_911
not only the game, but the characters
floowed by 9.

FF7 and FF9 are the best!!!

BackFire
Well, I'm nearly finished with FFX, I've gotten most of the characters ultimate weapons, have gotten all the special Aeons, got the uber spells, now I'm just playing blitzball trying to get wakkas ultimate.

Outstanding game, I've had a blast playing it.

BackFire
Just finished it tonight, now that I've played it I'd rank it probably as the third best in the series, just barely, and I mean BARELY behind FF7, the ending was so heartbreaking and beautiful, I even cried a little. Excellent game with probably the best pure story/storytelling of the whole series. It had a complicated story but it stayed grounded, and some truly touching moments and beautifully developed characters.

So far, my list of FF games is as follows.

FF6
FF7
FF10
FF9
FF2
FF8

Now I'm off to start X-2, hope it doesnt disapoint.

Lana
Told ya FFX kicked ass....(I cried my eyes out at the end and I KNEW what was going to happen because one of my friends had beaten it not long before and told me). I loved how complex the story was, because every time you thought you had it figured out, it would totally change...awesome.

FFX-2 is not going to live up to FFX in anyway, I'm afraid to tell you....but it is a fun game. There's a lot of flaws with it, like that the storyline of the game doesn't even appear until the end of the second chapter (halfway through the game)....and don't bother playing blitzball if you liked it in FFX because it's played totally differently erm It's mostly a lot of mini-games that sorta tie into the main story....some are just bizarre though messed

BackFire
Yeah, I'm not expecing FFX-2 to be anywhere near FFX, I'm just hoping for some fun.

Though I must say, the drastic change of atmosphere from the first game is really jarring at first. FFX had a really meloncholy and serious tone, while FFX-2 is really light hearted and silly.

I'm also curious as to where exactly they're going with the Sphere of Tidus that Yuna found, more or less I'm just playing to continue the story. Too bad my favorite character from FFX isn't around anymore (Auron).

After playing through so many FF games over the past month, I can't wait for FFXII. I hope them taking their time with it will pay off.

Lana
I was going to say something about the sphere of Tidus, but it'd be giving away part of the story, and I don't know how much you know of the storyline already.

FFXII I can't wait for, I don't think we're getting it here in the US until next summer. I'm kinda getting impatient.

Pezmerga
6 is best, Followed by 4 , 5 then 7. 8 Sucked Donkey Balls, Skipped 9 10 was good. 10-2 wasnt bad...

Pezmerga
anyone ever played the Direct translation Rom Version for Final Fantasy 6? I just am starting it...alot of dialogue differences and even some differences in models...like the siren and shiva are nude.. And they call it the war of the Demons instead of Magi lol. also have a Rom version that is alot harder that im gonna try too. I Love FF6...Opera Scene is so amazing and I dont care if it was on snes im gonna say it THE MUSIC IS THE BEST EVER,

BackFire
Yep, the music of FF6 is more or less recognized as the best in the series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.