Shang Chi vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RobWolf27
Shang Chi the master of Kung fu vs Batman . Ok who will win?

spetznaz
Shang Chi is the premier martial artist of Marvel (just as Karate Kid, and I don't mean the silly Daniel san, is at the top of DC). Batman couldn't (or let me say shouldn't) beat Shang Chi in unarmed combat.
Now, if you are talking defeating Shang Chi anyways possible then Batman would take him down in minutes! But if you emphasize hand-to-hand combat only then Batman would have problems.
This is a fight for Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) and Lady Shiva Woosan. The two ladies could meet Shang Chi head to head in unarmed combat, and win (and just in case you are wondering Karate Kid would be too much for any human to handle).
Batman would have serious difficulty facing Shang Chi in unarmed combat. If he had to do it hand to hand he would have to call in Batgirl to save his behind.

mr.smiley
since i hate kung fu i say batman

RobWolf27
Oh I like Japanese martial arts better. So Batman uses Japanese Martial arts and of corse shang we all know Kung fu is Chinese. But don't also Batman fight with Judo and Karate? Also doesn't he know Ninjetsu? I am not sure.

spetznaz
According to DC Batman has mastered martial systems from Japan, China, the Phillipines, and some exotic locales around the world. In his training stages he spent a lot of time in China, thus he knows Gung fu.
And you should note that gung fu is the most varied martial system (it is a system not an art) in the world. There are literally thousands of styles, from well known ones like Hung Gar and Choy li Fut to eclectic systems like Lian Shi and Yeuh Jar Ien Jao.
And by the way, gung fu is so far beyond any Japanese martial art. I know. I have a ni-dan ranking (2nd degree black belt) in Japanese Shotokan karate, and i've taken Judo. I've also done over 15 years (i am not as young as most on this forum. Im only in my mid 20s, but at times it seems many here are still in 9th grade) of several Chinese gung fu disciplines, and i can assure you that gung fu is beyond anything from Japan.
Most Japanese martial arts are 'Do', meaning arts for self-discipline and edification. Most Chinese systems have a significantly higher combat functionality.
And not to add the fact that in the US one sees 6th graders with black belts! That is ridiculous. I did most of my training before i came to the US, and it was freaking hard. We'd be sore for weeks and have bleeding knuckles. And at the end we would have to go and challenge other schools in the streets (and no, i am not talking about kumite or point sparring. Real fighting).
But in the US i see kids in middle school with black belt rankings, and they couldn't even stop a bully from taking their lunch. It is really pathetic what Japanese systems have become in the US. At least Chinese systems are rarer, and thus have kept most of their integrity in the US.

srankmissingnin
Shang Chi would beat Batman in hand to hand, even with out his chi ampage he would breack even with Shiva.

spetznaz
Agreed. Hand to hand Batman couldn't match Shang Chi. In an all out fight (all out meaning that Bruce can use all the resources in his arsenal against Shang Chi) Batman would win and win easy (in the same way Bruce cannot beat Shiva in a fight but would win in an all out battle), but hand to hand Batman is beat here.
This is a battle that should be between Shang Chi and Richard Dragon, Shang Chi and Lady Shiva Woosan, and/or Shang Chi and BatGirl (Cassandra Cain). In terms of hand to hand these would be really good fights.
Against Batman Shang would win in hand to hand combat. Batgirl or Shiva against Shang would be a different matter i'd call it a draw).

srankmissingnin
Ba Batgirl is over rated!

Scoobless
the kangaroo could beat batgirl

srankmissingnin
Shiva prepared for something like a year to do that mystical martail arts move that brought Cass back and said she couldn't do it again. Its pretty obvious that it took alot out of her considering she pawned Cass hard earlier in the comic with little effort while wearing a huge smirk on her face; it was a shallow victory at best for Batgirl IMO.

EDIT: It would be kind of like beating Batman after he ran 40 kilometers while carrying a bag of bricks.

spetznaz
Your post doesn't deserve much of a response (unless, ofcourse,you think i was talking about Barbara Gordon. I wasn't)

spetznaz
I personally think Shiva is better than Batgirl,but Batgirl is no slouch. She is better than Batman in unarmed combat, and her ability to read movements before they happen as well as sense things before they happen (like how she could know a sniper's bullet was heading towards her) makes her a formidable opponent.
Against an all out Shiva attack i doubt she could currently prevail, but she is still very young. She 'won' (actually they knocked each other out) Shiva in the 3rd fight because, as you said, Shiva had spent a lot of energy bringing Batgirl from the dead (after killing her in their second fight). Hence i would have to rank Shiva Woosan a smidget higher than Cassandra.
But she did gain Shiva's respect, which goes a long way when it comes to Shiva. The only other people she has 'chilled' with are Batman and Richard Dragon (Tim Drake got a few pointers, but that was due to respect for Batman). Batgirl is in exclusive territory.
But Batgirl is still one of the deadliest martial artists out there. Goodness, by age 8 Cain said he had made her better than HE was! Age 8.
And anyone who can beat Batman in hand to hand is deserving.
Now, let me try to get the dude who said Kangaroo could beat Batgirl back!

Scoobless
i did.....................who were you talking about? i don't read the batman comics so i don't know who the current batgirl is if it isn't gordon........ plus i was really just being facetious....... just agreeing that i din't think much of batgirl (gordon)

srankmissingnin
Batman stalemated her when he wasn't interested in a fight and she beat a weakened Shiva. Cass is good, she can kick the crap out of Nightwing (damn her!) but I dont think she is in the same park as the big boys yet.

All I know is the bad guy in Batman right now is cool... with his red mask and all.

spetznaz
Makes sense then.
Barbara Gordon used to be Batgirl until she got parayzed waist down. Now she is wheelchair bound, and goes by the name Oracle. She essentially delves into computer records and the like and disperses the information to the Bat family (she has perfect memory and is a computer maestro, so she has found a new niche to help fight crime).
The current BatGirl is Cassandra Cain.
She is the adopted child of Cain, one of the top assassins in DC (though several are better), and the top assassin in the Batman sphere of influence. She was trained by him from infancy to be the perfect assassin, to the extent she wasn't even taught to speak. Everything went towards combative and killing skills. She 'spoke' with violence.
Soon it progressed towards honing her sensory abilities (to train her to dodge bullets Cain would shoot at her with live rounds. According to him she was the only one who survived - he had tried to raise another 'child' but none made it).
She took over the mantle of Batgirl from Barbara, and made some changes to the costume (it is, in my opinion, the coolest costume in the Bat family). It just looks menacing.
And she is as different from Barbara as night from day.
Cassandra can 'read' and 'sense' what someone is going to do before they do it, almost like some sort of combat telepathy, simply by looking at a person. She can also sense threats. It is not a spider sense per se, but she has known when a sniper a distance away shot at her, and dodged the bullet without even looking at the direction (thanks to the training she got as a kid from Cain).
And she dodged a gun being emptied at point blank range from her head - just by moving her neck from side to side.
Oh, and Batman cannot touch her in unarmed combat.

srankmissingnin
Batgirl 50, Bruce doesnt want to fight so it is mostly him blocking Cass' attacks but he lands a few hits. If Cass was a Batman villian and not his friend (or what ever) I would put money him him feeding it to her.\

EDIT: Onyx can hit Batgirl... and shes no Batman

Never
Odd, most consider Cain to be superior to Batman in martial arts h2h, falling just a tad -- and I do mean a "tad" -- below Lady Shiva, and Shiva, unless she has been retconned, has hitherto been considered to be the sterling standard of sub-metas (Karate Kid being nigh peerless in meta h2h, and only "nigh" because this is the post Crisis Karate Kid).

Batman is somewhat overrated in pure martial arts h2h imo, yet one must always allow for his resourcefulness.

In other words? He cheats.

Shang Chi defeats Batman. Hell, it is generally accepted that Daredevil is Batman's superior in martial arts h2h ability.

We've touched upon this in the past, but to reiterate...Shang Chi vs. Shiva would be a better match. Iron Fist vs. Shiva would be a better match. Batman (in pure martial arts h2h) is "generally" considered to be inferior to Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Elektra, and Bullseye.

As a very quick point of reference...Batman conceded that it was "conceivable that, after a very long fight, you would eventually defeat me" -- (JLA vs Avengers vs. Captain America). Somehow Black Panther is considered to be right there with Captain American in h2h (well, before Priest got a hold of him, I believe)...and in the relaunch, one of Panther's ancestors encountered Captain America during the 40's and lit him up.

srankmissingnin
If people keep bringing up that horrible cross over I can't forget it ever happened...

Cass being slightly below Shiva is a misconception IMO. She was beaten like a rank amateur by a "healthy" Shiva (she just barely beat a severely weaken Shiva... big deal). Bruce has better showings against Shiva that Batgirl's ones that actually mean anything, I think.

lifeisaglich
http://braveandthebold.net/characters/traits/266.html&section=Skills&trait=Martial_arts

This place have info on other heros.

Never
Interesting read. Somehow, despite his being "the world's most accomplished and skilled martial artist," Prometheus was still able to effortlessly torch him? The description in the url almost puts him on par with Val, the Daxamite.

It is frustrating how wildly inconsistent writers are in portraying him.

lifeisaglich
Who is val and daxamite?

Now this is funny

spetznaz
When Batgirl learnt how to talk she lost her ability to read body movement. She was still a master martial artist, just not at the level she used to be. This was when Batman was landing afew hits agaist her (and this is also when he took her off the team until she could sort this out). Batgil even got punched by a common hood!
After she met Shiva she got the opportunity to get her prior skills back, and she did (after making the promise to meet shiva a year after).
Batman, again, was unable to even place a hit on her.
The only time Bats could hit her was between the time she learnt to speak up to the time Shiva 'retaught' her.

spetznaz
I was agreeing with everything you said until you stated Batman was inferior to Black Panther, Captain America and Bullseye. Bats and BlackPanther have never met, but he has met with Captain America. He had to save Cap from drowning.
As for cheating ----well, that is Bat fighting style. And it is not called cheating, it is called winning.
As for pure h2h fighting capability, Batman is more extensively and intensively trained than Cap, Black Panther and/or DareDevil. The thing about those three is that 2 of them have superior human abilities due to an herb and a serum, and the other has super-human sensory abilities. They are also more acrobatic than Bats (particularly DD), but stating that they know more about unarmed combat than Bats is a fallacy.
Anyways, going back to the 'cheating' part. Remember that Batman is not a 'boy scout' type of vigilante ala Superman and Captain America. The closest people to Bats are DareDevil at his darkest and Black Panther. And even they (although Black Panther comes exceedingly close) do not walk as close to the edge as Batman. Infact Black Panther would probably have a lot to talk about with Batman. But the others, eg Cap America, would probably think Batman is as evil as the people he brings down.
And again, what you may call 'cheating' Batman would call winning. Unlike most vigilantes he has no superpowers, healing abilities, telepathic attacks and/or invulnerabilities. Thus he has no leeway to take risks that entail him being 'honorable' or 'fair.' Doing so would end up with him being injured (making him likely to be killed later), or outright killed.
As for Batman telling Cap America that eventually he'd be able to defeat him. I believe that was the first meeting they had when they fought, and after coming to a stalemate Batman told him that he thought eventually Cap would be able to defeat him. Whcih i would have to agree with, since Batman has a normal metabolism and would eventually get tired while Cap has an enhanced one that takes care of all toxins and acid buildup in his muscles. Meaning Cap could technically still be fighting when Batman is down and out tired as heck! Thus Batman was correct in that.
In the next meeting they fought in the sewer systems, and Batman had to rescue Cap from drowning. Now, one might say that that fight wasn't fair, and that it had extraneous variables added to it. But again, why should Bats not use everything to his advantage?
Anyways, Cap has physical advantages over Batman (and any other human, due to his serum), as does Black Panther (due to his Wakandan herb), and DD has senses even Spiderman would marvel at, but none of them is as extensively trained in the fighting arts as Batman is.
DareDevil is primarily boxing and quasi-ninjitsu, melded with an extremely acrobatic styles.
Black Panther is primarily African martial arts, but it can be safely assumed that he has augmented on these quite a bit.
Cap originally was supposed to know only boxing and judo, but lately (meaning the last 2 decades) he has been made to 'know' more varied styles.
Bats has mastered 127.
But anyways, to make a long (i am verbose) story short, the main thing i wanted to make is that expecting Batman to fight exactly as Cap America does so as to be fair is unfair. It is like expecting a Muay Thai stylist to fight a Western boxer using only his fists and not his legs, shins, elbows, knees and even head, and saying he is cheating when he thwacks the boxer with a crescent kick.
It is not cheating. It is winning in the way he was trained to win.

x_danny_x
In real life there is no way a human can learn 127 martial arts. Also there is no way a little girl like Batgirl should beat a man like Batman who is 6'2 and 210 pounds.

In the crossover with Marvel vs DC they had him listed in weighin 242 pounds.

I am sorry, but I imagine these guys what they would be in real life and there is now way in hell that women the size of Shiva and Batgirl being able to beat Batman who is equally skilled and well has over 127 martial arts to his belt that he mastered!

srankmissingnin
spetznaz isn't the last time Bruce and Cass fought Batgirl 50? I dont read very many DC books other then Batman... I just started JLA but that doesn't help here. Batman showed he can hit Cass in that fight I mentioned, Batman has fought Shiva with out being owned and Onyx was hitting Batgirl in the last issue of Batgirl... I should think all of these would mean that Batman could hit her if he wanted to.

Shang Chi is as good or better then any martial artist in DC... Cap and Wolverine are better then he is and BP is at least his equal.

Never

spetznaz
True.
In real life there is no way a person can master 127 distinct fighting styles.
Just in the same way there are no super-soldier serums or Wakandan heart herbs.
As for the real life Shiva scenario. Well, i know this lady who does Wushu who absolutely amazes me. She has been studying since she was a child (and again, she wasn't born in the states hence she did not go to those studios where people get black belts at age 10). She is almost half my height, and i can lift her with one hand, but i would never mess with her. She is fast.
Hence it is possible for a Shiva-level adept to beat a Batman-level adept. The only factor is that the smaller lighter person would have to be faster and/or of greater skill. All things being equal/in situ the larer more powerful person, if of equal skill, should win. Hence i'll also agree with you on that one.

srankmissingnin
I think genetic experimentation to get a "super soldier" isn't nearly as farout there as a person mastering 126 martial arts styles but nothing that happens in comics should be possible in the real world. If you are going to nit pick through everything in comics the only thing left for us to read are those lame ass love story comics for chicks and I sure as hell don't want to read that garbage, do you?

spetznaz
I'm not nitpicking comics. I was just saying that for that guy to say there is no way a human could learn 127 styles he should also consider that this is comics we are talking about, and thus things like flying and the life are just as fantastical.
Oh, and as for your comment on genetic experimentation being possible. Yes, it is. But nowhere close to anything you can find in comics. To have a super-soldier serum you would have to be able to tweak the human metabolism in a wa whereby the muscles process ATP to ADP with perfect efficiency, muscles do not produce lactic acid, skeletal muscles would have to be turned to cardiac muscle structure (due to the fact that cardiac muscle is the only one that doesn't tire), mylienated nerve sheaths would have to be changed from human to something else (and you'd probably get MS in the process) etc.
Basically it is just not possible with current and projected technology.
(Note: I am a financial analyst, and one of the industries i delve into is the medical tech sphere of influence. Hence i am well versed in available medical technology, and coming up with something even close to Cap America is not possible. The closest was psychodelic drugs given to SR-71 and U2 pilots in the 60s and 70s to give them an advantage during long distance flights, and that was just medication).
In essence, it is much easier (though impossible all the same) to master 127 martial arts than to have a body archetype like Captain America's.
Which is why i waas telling the guy it is all comics. Accept Batman being able to know all those fighting styles in the same way you can accept Cap having his enhanced body and having an unbreakable shield, or an alien from a dead planet who can fly.
It is all comics.

spetznaz
Sorry for the typos. I'm doing three things at the same time.

RobWolf27
Ok cool But didn't Bruce lee Come up with a new style of Fighting . and what is that martial Arts where you just use your legs more than your arms. Doesn't Batman know that style to? But I think Samurai s were most effective and lethal with there swords and That they were good warriors. Not martial artist though.

RobWolf27
And isn't Ninjetsu like a Martial Art or like kung fu in someways?

papablkbear
The style your thinking of is TaeKwonDo and it was created in Korea and as for Samurai's they too practiced martial arts. They were the first and last line of defense in old japan and were very apt at killing not only with swords but with there bare hands.

Tron
It wasn't really a new style Lee came up with, and he never claimed it to be. It was basically a bunch of concepts and a mix of effective techniques that he put together that could be applied to already existing styles. And the style where you primarily use your legs, that Tae Kwon Do.

spetznaz
1) Bruce Lee created Jeet Kune Do, which stands for the art of the intercepting fist. It was an offshoot of ving Tsun (Wing Chun), which was Bruce Lee's original martial art. He basically melded Ving Tsun with several eclectic styles (from Filipino martial arts like Escrima and Silat all the way to even French Savate), and made it a no-nonsense martial art. JKD is basically the perfect martial art, and the only one i can think of (that i know) that comes close is Israeli Krav Maga and Lian Shi.
2) Samurai were followers of martial ways (jujitsu) and martial artists(do). The difference between a jitsu and a do is that a jitsu (eh jujitsu, karate-jitsu, although most jujitsus nowadays are actually dos, and karate-jitsu basically became extinct, although Kyukinshai comes close) is concerned with combative aspects, while a do (eg Judo, karate-do) is concerned with self-edification, personal development and spiri-discipline aspects. Samurai generally relied on weaponry, but they also studied various unarmed techniques (eg jujitsu) to use when they had no weapons. Note though that in those days tea ceremonies and flower arrangement were also considered to be martial arts.
3) Most martial arts concentrate on hand attacks rather than leg attacks. For example Karate (the empty hand) has around 65% of its stuff being upper torso movements. The styles that have a lot of leg techniques are Korean Taekwondo, Chinese Northern gungfu (i emphasize nothern since Southern gungfu styles are mostly hands), Brazilian Capoiera (made by African slaves who had to learn to fight with their legs since their hands were shackled. I've seen some even put razor blades between their toes-amazing), Thailand's Muay Thai, and French Savate. Most other styles are primarily biased towards hand movements.
4) Ninjitsu is a collection of several Japanese martial arts (most of them extinct) that generally dealt with stealth and subterfuge. It was actually more of a way of life than an art. And ninjas are not what movies make them to be. They are far from invincible (real ninjas not movie/anime ninjas), and their greatest strength was in stealth and assassination and NOT fighting. Most Samurai could defeat ninja, which is why in most cases ninjas used stealth to their advantage. They would never face Samura in face to face combat. Most of ninjitsu was centered around the Koga and Iga clans, although these main brands also became extinct. Most modern ninjitsu (at least the authentic stuff) is based around Togakure ninjitsu. (I've seen some claim to teach Koga ninjitsu, but most of these are shams). And by the way Ninjitsu, though a japanese word,orignally came from China. Actually all asian martial arts came from China (although they were originally brought to China from India the development into true martial arts happened in China, and then they spread to Korea, South east asia, Okinawa and Japan)
5) Gung fu is loosely oriented into two major families. Northern style (eg northern style Shao-lin, Crane which emphasizes kicks and came from the northern parts of China), and Southern style (eg southern style Shao-lin, Eagle claw, Ving Tsun, Choy la fut and Hung gar, which came from souther china and emphasizes arm and hand techniques). Gung fu literally has thousands of different styles in it. Literally thousands! Many of them are family styles, some clan.

RobWolf27
Thanks for the Info. Oh so it was a mix between all types. There is a little Kung fu in there isn't there. Oh what I meant by warriors that they are not like martial artist today that just use it for sport or personal protection and also for Movies. It was used in war is what I meant . Samurai do use martial arts But it is for fighting in battle and for defense like you said.

RobWolf27
That is cool I didn't know israel had a type of martial arts. Oh though my ancestors are European and they only boxed or fought with a double edge swords and fence and that was for duals . Or some would fight with axes , hammers , long bows , mazes , crossbows, long swords ,short swords , broad swords,lances and with shields to protect them from enemies attacks.

MERCILOUS
A note to all, please make sure you are not using "jitsu" and "do" incorrectly. "Jistu" being art, and "do" being way. Example; Kendo, the way of the sword; and Kenjistu, The art of the sword. Differences may appear superficial, but others including myself insist they are not.

spetznaz
True, 'do' traditonally means path/way while jitsu traditionally means art. And there are many that still use that way of looking at things. The way i was formulating it was 'do' as the artistic/edification modern way of most martial forms, and 'jitsu' being the warrior-oriented form (and this is just as legitimate as the prior way depending on how one interprets the kanji for do and jitsu).
Thus you are correct, but so am i. It depents on what intepretation of kanji one uses.
For example take jujitsu and judo. Jigoro Kano, who 'invented' judo, did so because jujitsu had taken a negative connotation at the end of the 19th century going forward. Most people doing jujitsu in Japan were thought to be thugs. He thus 'refined' jujitsu moves, added a lot of self-edifying principles, and started an art called judo at a place called the Kodokan (hence Kodokan Judo). The principle here was that the do was a way, and an art.
To use your example of kendo and kenjitsu.
Kendo is the artistic expression of the human body through sword.
Kenjitsu is the efficient slaying of an enemy through sword.
Kendo uses shinai.
Kenjitsu using bokken (wooden swords that can be as lethal as the real katana), and obvioulsy katana themselves.
Another example: Aikido and Aikijitsu.
Morihei Uheshiba 'founded' Aikido from Aikijitsu for much the same reasons that Jigoro founded Judo from jujitsu. There was a lot of bad blood at the time towards the jitsu forms. Aikido is very refined, very civilized, and highly philosophical. There is an economy of motion, and it is an expression of inner harmony. Aikijitsu was a Samurai method of defeating (and killing) enemies when unarmed.
Final example. Karate-do and Karate-jitsu. Karate-do is the modern form of karate (encompassing all the major families of Japanese and Okinawan styles). The only major surviving member of karate-jitsu would have to be the Kyunkinshai system, which is amazing. Karate-do (be it Gichin Funakoshi's Shotokan, Choyun Miyagi's GojuRyu, etc) is largely an expression of the body through unarmed techniques. Karate-jitsu on the other hand was used by peasants to defend themselves from marauding Samurai.
One thing i loved about my martial systems training abroad was that when it came to Shotokan (which i left after gaining a Ni-dan ranking to pursue other styles) i was taught the hidden technqiues in Kata. Most modern students, particularly those in the US, never learn just how effective some of those Kata movements can be.
In conclusion;
Do means way, jitsu means art.
Do also means artistic expression,and jitsu means combative expression.
Again, it all depends on how you intepret the kanji.
Hope that made sense.

RobWolf27
That is cool. Oh about Bruce Lee he showed it to America and probably to America at that time it was a new martial arts. I saw it on a Bruce Lee movie about his life.

MERCILOUS
So which do you think is better to practice?

lifeisaglich
I found it funny because said guy was brought down by Catwoman

Check this place It has other heros as well
http://braveandthebold.net/characters/traits/266.html&section=Skills&trait=Martial_arts

Tron
Although y'all have brought up some good knowledge here, I have to ask to stay on topic.

Oh, and it's been said that martial arts have their true roots in Africa.

Never
Only because she was unaccounted for and snuck him (she snuck Lady Shiva and subdued her also. The element of surprise is...considerable). Actually he was not brought down by Catwoman, he was distracted by her. Fair to say that she started the ball rolling, though.

papablkbear
Ok i feel due to Batman's hand-to-hand fighting skills he would win but he would walk away hurting. Wasn't it said that Shang Chi is a better fighter then Cap America and elektra and some of the best fighters in MU

srankmissingnin
Shang Chi can amp his stats up to compete with Spider-man and he has the skill edge over Bruce; the fight is really a missmatch.

theflyxx
Great info in this thread.

Back on topic: in a straight up, hand to hand battle (with nothing else at their disposal), Shang Chi beats the Batman.

x_danny_x
Wushu is not a Martial Art I think???. It is one of those fakes that you see in movies such as Jackie Chan performing! It is just for show and fun to watch!

Kung Fu just plain doesnt work in a Mixed Martial Art event. Their is one style of Kung Fu

Most Karate styles suck. One works which is Kyoushin Karate.

The best fighters in the world are the people who do Mixed Martial Arts!!!

Muay Thai is best for stand up while BJJ, Cache Wrestling, and JJ are good for grappling!!!

Bruce Lee would get destroyed by todays fighters in PRIDE AND THE UFC(Ultimate Fighting Championship)

papablkbear
Wushu is a fighting style. Their is also several different styles in wushu such as crane,snake,and monkey. What Jackie Chan does is called Chop Saki it's considered comedy in asia not action

srankmissingnin
Jackie Chan, you give that man a ladder and he would school Thanos! How old is he any how?

Tron
Topicno expression

spetznaz
I wanted to answer your post until i read the part where you stated there is only one style of Kungfu.
It is at that point i decided not to waste my time.
Check your facts.
But to set you on the right track there are thousands of forms of Gung Fu. There are over a hundred major styles, and well over a thousand smaller styles. Saying there is only one style of Gung Fu only shows that you know nothing about it.
About the UFC. Great entertainment. Works perfectly in the ring. In the streets its a different matter. Going to the ground in a fight against more than one opponent (or in a bar - i am assuming you are over 21) is a disaster. I know. I've had to save a couple of my grappler friends that thought they were Royce Gracie.
Karate doesn't suck. What sucks is what is taught in the US as Karate. I've seen kids a quarter my age with blackbelts when it took me most of my life to get to 2nd black belt level abroad.
I do agree with you that Kyukinshai is great. But all Karate stles work (but if you are basing that on some 7th grader with a blackbelt then obviously he/she will suck). Saying 'all karate sucks' means you know as much about karate as you do about gung fu, which is nothing (unless ofcourse you are one of those who take martial arts from th neighborhood 'studio' for 50 bucks a week and think it is a true dojo/dojang).
Bruce Lee would lose in the UFC. That is a fact. But in the street he would whoop those UFC fighters to kingdom come. As stated i have saved, and faced, grapplers in the street/bar (and one was a Brazilian jujitsu stylist, while the others were a mix of japanese jujitsu and shootfighting). They all tried to do 'shoot' my legs (the move where a grappler tries to take a person to the ground), and let's say their faces (and my knee) were acquainted.
I'm not saying those styles are bad. They are great, and it is in my opinion a must for someone to know at least one grappling style (i took judo to elarn grappling moves, but my major styles are standup styles). Mixed martial arts styles are the way of the future. But saying they are invincible is only true in the ring. Royce Gracie and company won a lot of the first UFC fights because no one knew how to guard, mount etc, but nowadays standup fighters are winning because they know how to protect themselves from grapplers/shooters, and how to kick and punch the heck out of them.
Wushu is a form of Chuan fa that was created by the Chinese government as a form of physical exercise/martial art. It is also another name for gung fu in general in certain parts of Asia.
But to reiterate, you saying there is only one form of gung fu only states you know nil about the martial arts/systems.
That's all.
Thank you.

spetznaz
Sorry Tron. I just had to answer that last guy. No more.
LOL.

K3VIL
I'm learning from my master Jeet Kune Do from 5years and i also attend in another dojo Brazilian Ju Jitsu from 3years and i've also practiced Boxe for 4years.I'm still going to the gym to workout lifting weights and increasing strenght and mass.I think that what spetnaz says is obvious and right.Knowing only one fighting style puts you in a dangerous situation cause you maybe good in that kind of fight but when you face someone who knows different ways of fighting or beating the living crap out of you you gotta pray that something save you.
If you fight with a boxer and put him into submission or grappling you can take advantage cause he doesn't know how to get out from that kind of situation.Just to made an example.
Anyway Shang Chi can beat Batman i think, the Bat will give him trouble but finally get wiped out.

long pig
yeah...i just carry a gun...karate kick that suckas!
Shang wins quite easy in H2H but if it was anything other than that...batman wins...batman is like a less powerful doom...unbeatable with prep time...speaking of Dr Doom, my new physicians name is Dr. Doom....he has a website and all...i thought it was neat

Tron
It's cool, I personally don't mind y'all talking about it, but either I tell y'all or Paola does, and she has enough forums to look over.

x_danny_x
ah na dude, I cant edit my posts after certain minutes! I know there are many styles of Kung Fu but most of them if not all are just a waste.

I had quite a few experiences of me challenging them and their best students and lol man those were some fun times

x_danny_x
I already explain about that in last post about editing thing so please dont jump to conclusion like you just did!!

Sorry but pratically many KUNG FU do unless you want to stay healthy,I guess it is spelled differently in other countries. Anyway I guess I have to take my battles with you to PM cause what you say about Bruce Lee whiping the Martial Artist in the streets I have to say a big NO to that! Bruce Lee isnt that great of a fighter that people make him out to be! Bruce Lee will get destroyed in the streets by todays Martial Artist. I kinda laugh every time people say this and that about Bruce Lee

I hope you know about Vale Tudo in Brazil and we fight with no rules just like the streets! That is how it is. I dont know if you are basing your story about Grappling not working in the streets against One on One opponents because of your grappling buddies not doing a good job and you had to come to the rescue but you are DEAD WRONG to say that it just doesnt work in the streets against ONE one ONE competition! You have the advantage with it and what other styles you learn such as in the stand up! Hmmm I wonder if your friends were only using grappling in the fight. Your story is very un detail about it!

Mixed Martial Arts isnt invisible if you are facing more than one person. You better run or have a gun in handy to even the odds!

Sorry about Karate, I should say it is not a complete art but I only seen Andy Hug represent Karate in the K-1 organization! I know it also depends on the person skills as we all have to face facts and I havent yet seen a Karate champion besides Andy Hug in the K-1 organization!!

Thank You!

No more Tron, I promise I just had to respond to the last guy

Tron
danny, topic?

x_danny_x
sorry Tron, no more! But I had to set the guy straight and respond to him cause he is not the only one with fighting knowledge and experience!

IRTMU-Dragon
Happy Dance

spetznaz
I replied to your nonesense using private mail. Again, the fact that you can say most styles of Gung-fu are useless when just a few posts ago you were saying there is only one style of gung fu just shows you do not know what you are talking about.
Oh, and you have challenged the 'best students.'
Ridiculous.
I've had it with trying to debate young wet-behind-the-ears kids. How can you say you have faced all gung fu, and their 'best students,' when you were just saying there is only one style (when there are a myriad)!
Silly kid!

ebonyblade1
Hey, knowing all thosed different styles is nice, but it doesn't make you fit to survive. In martial arts. You have to take into account strength, speed, perserverance, and intelligence. You can have five black belts, in five major styles. But if you don't have the physical ability or warrior mentality a well trained boxer will bite your ear off. Now back on topic everyone loves batman, but he is no match for shang chi, whose only weapon is his kung-fu skills and his chi. Supposedly, batman can wield his chi as well, but their is no emphasis on that in the comic. and I am not about to give him new stats. At any rate, when shang chi uses his chi he amps up to low super human level.

MERCILOUS
Which makes this a good match, because Bats still gets his gadgetry.

Darth Martin
**** no he doesn't either.

brainchild81
Batman's the guy getting kicked in the face
http://lolzing.com/albums/GIFsMthruZ/popupbackkick.gif Shang Chi wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.