Superman And Martain MH Vs Doomsday and The Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Max Spidey 24
Hulk killed lious and dooms day ate her then spit her eye in supermans face

jinzin
the hell..............? um yyyyyyyyeah anyway's doomsday would win this fight by himself.

David Duchovony
Hulk would die. Doomsday would probably kill Supes and Jonzz after a long battle.

spetznaz
Few things can defeat a combination of Superman and the Martian Manhunter.
Doomsday and the Hulk are not on the short list.
Supes and MM win (note: DC had to do the whole Martian Manhunter as Bloodwynd during the Doomsday vs Superman arc so as to depower MM. As Bloodwynd the guy was having severe mental blocks and was quickly taken out by DD. As Martian Manhunter he alone could take care of both DD and all but the most insane Hulks, and do this with ease. I know fanboys will take offense to this, but MM is easily the most powerful member of the JLA. As i said there are some Hulk versions that are basically insane in ability, but the Hulk has to work himself to those levels through rage. Superman and DD would never give Hulk the time needed to get himself strong enough as to be invulnerable. And by the time the once again dead Doomsday resurected himself -immune to whatever MM used to slay him at the beginning of the battle - the fight would have been over days ago).
The duo of Hulk and DD is a really potent one, but against MM (not Bloodwynd) and Supes this is beyond their abilities (note that Hulk and DD are basically strength powerhouses, with one getting stronger with rage and the other becoming immune to whatever killed him-plus being as strong as Supes). Superman has more varied attacks, but Superman is not the key to victory here (current Supes by himself would not prevail against both DD and the Hulk, and there is nothing he could do to DD anyways since he killed him using brute force which DD is now beyond).
The key is MM.
Again, i quite honestly think that the MM could take down all 3 (including Superman) at once by himself. And i know fan boys might take offense to that, but the actions of MM in JLA:Trial by Fire would prove me correct.

jinzin
no. DD took out MM and the rest of the JLA with ease in DD wars then continued to kick supes ass. Martian Manhunter went on an assault against Doomsday and a panel later he was KOed being carried and thrown back towards the rest of the JLA. really even if Hulk joined them, supes and mm have no chance.

Tron
Uhhhhh, what?huh

spetznaz
Again, read my post on DC turning Martian Manhunter into Bloodwynd so that Superman would get killed (the guy who was clocked out by DD was Bloodwynd, who is MM when he had mental issues that made him largely weak).
It is just a post above yours!
And once again, Martian Manhunter (as he currently is) would take down the Hulk, Doomsday, AND Superman - simultaneously.

Cosmic Cube
Hulk is equally as durable and stronger than Doomsday (though Doomsday has the whole death-resurrection-modification power. Hulk can do the same, without the modification part.) If a kill or a KO counts as a win, Doomsday and Hulk lose. Martian Manhunter is extremely powerful. Superman and Martian Manhunter should take this one.

Mainstream
watch a tic Doomsday and Hulk are on the same side. I think they'd get Supes and Double M

Cosmic Cube
Hell no. Superman's too fast and strong, and Martian Manhunter's got monster telepathy. Hulk and Doomsday only have their brute force and durability with a little superhuman speed to their advantage.

Mainstream
hmmmm..good point..but didn't DD beat the sh*t out of the JLA...and with Hulk backing him couldn't they beat Supes and Double M with relative ease? this reminds me Doomday will be on JLU this Saturday...we saw him on JL but regular Supes didn't fight him..that earth 2 Supes did.

Cosmic Cube
While Doomsday was beating the JLA he ressurected more than once. In this fight if Doomsday dies, he loses.

Mainstream
what makes this fight so special that it'd kill him?

Never
Superman is not faster than Doomsday; he even said that "Doomsday was like a blur" the first time he encountered him.

MM cannot defeat Doomsday -- in addition to his entering a nigh coma-like state (he cannot die) whenever he NEARS death, he cannot be defeated using the same approach twice. Kind of similar to The Shaggy Man whose ability is to "instantly adapt" to any stratagem being brought to bear against him.

Nothing Superman or MM brings to bear will be "new," so they have no chance of defeating him.

Hulk is not invulnerable and never has been; in addition, who said he had to have time to "work himself into a rage?" In that oft-quoted issue of Secret Wars, how much time transpired between the mountain hovering over him and it actually dropping? Then he held up the 150 billion tons.

It is logical to conclude that Hulk's strength increases exponentially, but no one has ever revealed in what proportion his strength increases with its stress levels.

Mainstream
Indeed they'd "never" bet DD and Hulk.

kgkg
hey i whould go for DD and hulk , but man they made superman a baby , with his power he should be able to take dd and hulk . and sups is much faster than all , heat vision , his hearing power. when did he use that in a fight common if i can hear someone from the back i can use my superspeed to go behind him and K.o there ass.
with super speed , vison , hearing , everything super.
the only thing i see superman do in a fight is use his power , and
and heat vision.

But we don't see superman using all his power . Why ? cause then there won't be need for any other hero.

Superman and MM has the ability to beat DD and Hulk but will they.

NO

Mainstream
I couldn't have typed it better myself kgkg...

jinzin
"Again, read my post on DC turning Martian Manhunter into Bloodwynd so that Superman would get killed (the guy who was clocked out by DD was Bloodwynd, who is MM when he had mental issues that made him largely weak). "

I read your post and i got what you were saying the first time. Doomsday made several more appearances since he killed superman you know. he's fought martian manhunter (green bald alien version) a couple of times since he killed superman as well. And on both occasions Doomsday mopped the floor with his green bald ass, and one of the fights was against a severly weak-ass version of DD.

"If a kill or a KO counts as a win, Doomsday and Hulk lose. Martian Manhunter is extremely powerful. Superman and Martian Manhunter should take this one."

No one has EVER KOed doomsday you can either kill him, run away, or die.....but you can't knock him out. He has no internals whatsoever.
and Hulk may be able to get stronger than doomsday but since doomsday has poison secreting from his claws and is easily stronger than superman by enormous amounts, hulk would go down before he ever got to be that powerful.

"Hell no. Superman's too fast and strong, and Martian Manhunter's got monster telepathy."

Is this why doomsday has embarrassed superman and the jla repeatedly? Please take into account the characters full strengths before you start to declare victory for this match.

"hmmmm..good point..but didn't DD beat the sh*t out of the JLA...and with Hulk backing him couldn't they beat Supes and Double M with relative ease? this reminds me Doomday will be on JLU this Saturday...we saw him on JL but regular Supes didn't fight him..that earth 2 Supes did."

that's exactly my point, and ummmm SWEEEEEET! thanks for the info, now if I can just remember that for the next two days i'll be set.

"I couldn't have typed it better myself kgkg..."

I'd say that's debatable.....

Gilgamesh
Doomsday is only slightly stronger than Supes, and only a little slower, according to this page:

http://www.thekryptonian.com/comics.php?action=powerratings

Also after Doomsday's many comebacks, once he returned as a sentient being, Supes finally took him down, again by sheer brute force. I will quote.

"This time Superman stands his ground and as Doomsday swings away, Superman taunts him. He says, "Before you were a mindless thing. Nothing could hurt you" but now that he is aware, "... you'll begin to understand something new. Fear."

"You don't want to die again, do you? The agony of what's happened to you affects your speed - your strength - and that little bit of doubt - that you cannot win today - grows."

"You will never hurt me again. You never kill me again."

And with a mighty two fisted blow, Superman finally lays Doomsday out cold.

end quote.

This is where were at, now Doomsday is in the possession of Darkseid who made a deal with Luthor, he's got a new pet.

As for this fight heres my two cents.

1:
If you threw all 4 on a fenced football field, by surprised and yelled "fight", with no warning whatsoever, i might go with Hulk/DD on this one. Both are dangerously retarded but nearly unkillable. Hulk regenerates ANY wound, as long as theres an ounce of meat left on his overgrown bones, give him 20 minutes and hes back, pissed as hell. As mentioned above, DD kills or is killed, theres no inbetween, and killing him ain't easy. These are by far Dc and Marvels Icons of thoughness and durability.

2: If given a chance to prepare for this fight, Supes and MM would either take the lead early on and win, or get pummeled to death. Both and highly inteligent and have a wider variety of powers. As far as im concerned, a pissed off Kal-El can take down DD or Hulk. Getting stronger with rage isn't his trademark, but anyone who read a little Supes Comics knows what im talking about. I know less about MM to be honest, ive seen him on the JLA cartoons but that ain't something ill base my arguments on. I know they weakened Supes and poweredup Bats, simply cos it was (more balanced given the circunstances)...right...

Bottom line, im 50/50 on this one. Really its the writters pick.

nigel45
I don't think that everyone (most maybe, but not all) are taking into account that MM is one of the strongest telepaths in DC and Marvel combined. That alone should take care of at least Hulk. Now Doomsday I'm not so sure about. Seems like everywhere you look people have differing thoughts on what exactly DD can do. One thing I think might work on him is Manhunter using his telepathy to make DD think he's in an actual battle when it's really just in his mind (I'm pretty sure MM used this on Wonder Woman). If anyone has a reason that that wouldn't work, let me know.

And what are we calling a victory here? Does one side just need to be out for just a few seconds, or do they have to be killed permanently?

Never
How will MM be able to simply subvert a "mindless hulk" via telepathy? He tapped into The Joker's mind and BARELY regained control.

Slightly slower than Superman? You mean in a footrace? Read the comic book again when Superman said that DD's movements were "a blur" to him.

Mainstream
was this death and return of superman? I gotta get that pb

Never
I think so; I don't have the paperback, I have the actual comic book. It was when he was battling Doomsday when he had one arm tied behind his back.

Mainstream
why did he have one arm tied behind his back?

jinzin
okay but sentient doomsday is for all intents and purposes, a different character all together. saying Doomsday and Doomsday Rex (sentient Doomsday) are the same is like saying green Hulk and Mr. fixit are the same (they are comparible yes, but NOT THE SAME). The thing that was cool about doomsday was that he was a completely mindless force of nature who's one desire was to kill everything around him as a result of his own will to survive.

The thread doesn't say Hulk and Doomsday Rex vs. Supes and MM. Therefore I give this to Doomsday, easily. My reasoning, Doomsday already kicked the crippity crap out of the entirety of the JLA not once but twice! Him beating up on Superman is not one of those one time things that happens in comics, it's something he did every time he made an appearance. IF you people want I can show you some pics from Doomsday Wars where DD beat up on the flash, GL, martian manhunter, the huntress, orion, wonder woman, plasticman (or whatever that pathetic dude's name is), and superman without breaking a sweat. He didn't even get harmed while he took them apart, so what makes anyone believe that just a fraction of that team can do anything to him?

Doomsday's strength may have been rivaled by superman in his first appearance, but that's where it ended. Don't believe me, go read supes/dd hunter/prey. Even after getting an upgrade from motherbox superman nearly gets slaughtered by doomsday with eas, not to mention that darkseid got KOed by DD in about 3 hits.
DD.s speed,,,,,,the JLA stated that DD throws punches at speeds comparible to the flash. His running speed however has never been shown.

Doomsday wins this, anyone who's ridiculous enough to claim otherwise should read more Doomsday comics.

Mainstream
Indeed...Doomsday is as close to being unstoppable as you could get.

Gilgamesh
Ok, so which superman are we talking then? Take the 70's- 80's Supes and DD is no match, no one is, thats why they toned him down. I thought we were talking present day Supes and DD.

Since DC characters tend to fluctuate a lot from one series to the other were gonna have to be more specific on the period this battle would take place.

Kento
MM being a telepath is useless. Hulk can't have his mind read, and Doomsday can't either. MM is as strong is not stronger then Supes but he was beaten during the Doomsday War arc just as fast as Orion, and Superman. Doomy, and Hulk take this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.