gl corps vs shiar empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
is it shiar or shi r?
anyways who wins?

K Von Doom
If it's the WHOLE empire... the Shi Ar would take it.

FujiFuu
I have heard other people say that superman beat the gl corps, or something, and if thats true then gladiator would also since he is a complete rip off of superman

spetznaz
Scenario 1: We are talking about the Green Lanterns from thousands of galaxies.
In this case the GL's would have an edge, since the will power of literally thousands of GLs would be an enormous force. Unified they would have the collective power that Uber GL potencies like Ion and Parallax have. The GLs would win.

Scenario 2: A couple hundred GLs (i.e. most of the GLs from the other galaxies did not arrive in time).
In this case Gladiator by himself defeats the GLs. Gladiator is a suped-up clone of current Superman, in some ways equivalent to the PreCrisis Supes. If the Red Son Superman was able to take down the Earth GL corps Gladiator can take down a couple hundred solo. Shiar wins.

Scenario 3: The Guardians of Oa get involved.
In this scenario the whole Shiar empire gets b!t@h-slapped, Gladiator is turned into a vegetabe, and Shiar tech is sold for ten cents a startship. The Guardians of Oa are just insane.

Conclusion: GLs win scenario one, and scenario 3 if the Guardians of Oa are involved. Shiar wins scenario two using Gladiator only.

illadelph12
Uh, doesn't the Shi'ar Empire encompass a couple dozen solar systems? I mean, the Imperial Guard is made up of many different races with special powers that are from planets within the Empire. The Shi'ar are simply the race that rules the empire.

Also, don't the Starjammers have Shi'ar citizenship? If so, that means Binary would be involved as well as Gladiator (depending on what time period we are talking about). On top of that, the Shi'ar Armada and their weaponry that they use to repel (well, try to repel) Galactus would be at play.

Hmm...

The Guardians of Oa could probably take them, but they aren't technically Green Lanterns. I don't think the GL Corps themselves could. Especially considering how ferocious Gladiator can be when he's defending his homeworld as opposed to simply carrying out some bullshit orders.

K3VIL
The Imperial Guard is pretty powerful, but without Gladiator, not so much.Lobo was wiping the floor with them during AVENGERS VS JLA, they were trying to containing him, but without success.

spetznaz
Yes, the Shiar empire encompasses more than one solar system (i think it is between a couple to a couple dozen). The Green Lanterns are in thousands of solar systems. Thousands.
Imagine (in my scenario one), all those GLs focusing their wills as one, towards the Shiar forces. That energy would be equivalent to what Ion and/or Parallax could create, and could technically destroy all of the Shiar with one go.
Now, if it is not the entire GL force but just a couple of hundred the Shiar would win. As i said Gladiator could defeat them solo. This i believe was scenario 2.
In scenario 3 the Guardians of Oa are involved, and they wipe the floor with all of Shiar.
But, going back to te main question, i believe the question asked who would win between the Shiar empire and the GL corps. Assuming that by GL corps they meant the ENTIRE GL corp (minus the Guardians ofcourse), the GLs would win. The force of GLs from a thousand solar systems focusing their wills collectively through their rings, as one, towards a singular defined target (the Shiar) would probably erase all the Shiar occupied worlds from existence.
The entire GL corps acting as one would have the same effect as Ion and/or Parallax acting against the Shiar, and not even Gladiator would have an answer for that.

illadelph12
That is a possibilty, but you and I both know how hard it would be to get thousands of people with different personalities (some of whom don't like eachother with a passion) to have a singular collective will when they are under fire from Galactus busting cannons, a Pre-Crisis Superman with a mohawk and extremely arrogant attitude, and a woman with a neutron star for an afro that can create white holes and manipulate all forms of energy...

If I was a GL, I personally would contact Silver Surfer on my cosmic Motorola and tell him the Shiar have been circulating a video of Shalla Bal giving Gladiator and the rest of the Imperial Guard head, then use my GL power ring to create the image and show it to him, and have a pissed off Surfer soften them up for me while I rally the GL troops to try to pull off that Parallax-esque combined will attack. smile

juggernaut74
If the Guardians are involved then this is a short fight. If anybody reads the GL Rebirth Mini would know that. Ganthet was mocking Spectres powers saying that they dwarfs his. Plus the more GLs you get to work together the more powrful they are. I think there is like 3600 total GLs throughout the Galaxy.

mr.smiley
how many gls do you guys think gladiator could take by himself?

juggernaut74
it seems he could take all of them minus the guardians.

illadelph12
"how many gls do you guys think gladiator could take by himself?"

How many could Superman take? Gladiator is Supes with a mohawk and superiority complex.

mr.smiley
true.
what if he was at half power?
sorry if this is getting tiresome

spetznaz
In Superman: Red Son, Kal-el (who in this arc had landed in the Ukraine, Soviet Union, instead of Smallville) had grown up as aSoviet hero. A true Superman, and heir of Stalin (whose name, as a btw, means 'superman.' His birth name was not Stalin).
Anyways, in that arc Lex Luthor became president of the US, while Superman and Braniac took over the entire world. Only the US was not part of the Soviet Empire, and it (America) was in economic and social turmoil. Lex out it all back together and all that, but to get on point the US government recovered a dead GL from outerspace that had crushed on earth, and thus a GL ring.
Lex gave that ring to Hal Jordan, who in this reality was a military colonel and possessor of amazing will power. Hal used his 'master' ring to create replica rings and gave them to Kyle Rayner, Gardner (Rayner's and Gardner's names are mentioned during a battle), and over a hundred other soliders. They called themselves the 'Green Lantern corps.'
They were sent to fight Superman, together with a whole bunch of Amazons after Lex got WW on his side, in a final attempt to stop Supes from taking over the US. The GLs tried to construct a prison based on their wills and mind, but Superman broke it and disarmed them, and informed them that it was lunacy trying to use a thought-based weapon (the rings) against a person who can move at 10 times the speed of THOUGHT!
As a BTW the Amazon army did not fare well either.
Anyways, Superman easily (and i mean with great ease) took down tha corps of Green Lanterns. Hence it can be assumed that Gladiator could take down his fair share of GLs as well.
The question is this. It is one thing to have just over a hundred GLs. It is another thing to look at thousands of GLs.
Against the TRUE ENTIRE GL corps not even Gladiator would have an answer. It would be like Ion or Parallax fighting against the Shiar.
All the GLs acting as one would the same power as Ion or Parallax, since they would be using all the power of Oa collectively in unison. And it should be noted that Parallax destroyed the entire universe, and remade it in his image. That is god level power there, and i do not mean Thor or even Odin. Serious power.
The Shiar are an amazing civilization, but against the entire corps they are done for. The Guardians of Oa wouldn't even need to be involved.
Against a couple hundred GLs i think Shiar would easily win. But bring in the entire corps and it is a mass lobotomy for all under the flag of Shiar.

mr.smiley
what if the shiar tapped into the gl power and for lack of a better word contaminate it

spetznaz
I don't know if that is possible, and if it was then i guess that would be sufficient reason for the Guardians of Oa to get involved. In which case Shiar might as well say bye-bye in their varied tongues. Gladiator would be mentally wiped, have his mohawk shaved, and turned into a man-servant for Superman (if the Guardians have a sense of humor).

illadelph12
Do you think the GLs would resort to that "combined will" attack right off the bat? They would be under extremely heavy fire, and not every Lantern is as adept as the next one. A few could be singled out to prevent that possibility from happening.

I'm not saying it's not possible. It's very possible and plausible, but if the GL would be considered to resort to such drastic measures, couldn't the same be said of the Shi'ar. Gladiator and Binary move fast enough and are strong enough that they could kill a number of GL before all 3000+ of them got on the same page. Not to mention the entire Shi'ar armada firing their anti Galactus weaponry at the Lanterns, as well as the rest of the Imperial Guard.

I just don't think it's so one sided and completely depends on Gladiator.

Swanky-Tuna
That's only a few hundred inept lanterns though. The real GLs have much more experience.

eleveninches
Yeah. The GLC in Red SOn hadnt really been tested. And they were not as experienced individually

mr.smiley
so if the shiar got a suprise attack the gl corp might not have enough time to use your power.
i think the only problem the gl corp will have is that their pretty much all the same.
the shiar empire has a variety of people at their disposal

Beyonder
The Shi'Ar's have nukes that can take out half the Kree empire. Furthermore, they're a galaxy size empire. Most GL's are nobodies. There's only a handful of GL's that are worth anything. And same goes for the Imperial Guard. So it'll be nobodies fighting nobodies, fighting the entire Shi'Ar armada with nukes to take out half a Kree empire. The Shi'Ar have the numbers and the tech's to put down the Corps.

Scoobless
if the GL's get parralax then shi'ar get phoenix (the actual phoenix, not jean grey) and the two completely indestructable gurdians of the M'kraan (or however it's spelled) crystal, they also have extremely advanced tech, some telepaths, the imperial guard, hundreds (if not thousands) of powerful warships and whatever super people live on the worlds they control

it'd be a good (if galacticly) destructive battle........... but i think th shi'ar would win

Vegetto
The Shi'ar Empire takes this without much effort. They just have Oracle read someone's mind and find out what their weakness is. Assuming there isn't a Home Depot on any of the plantes in the entire Shi'ar empire, then they send Gladiator to earth for some yellow paint or a yellow jumpsuit and then he comes back and beats the hell out of all of them all except Kyle (because his ring doesn't have the yellow flaw); and if Kyle is still in the fight by that time there is no way he'll last against the rest of the empire.

(I'm shocked that I was the first to think of this... shame on you all! lol)

mr.smiley
well one things for sure.
the battle would probably cripple,if not end the universe.
i might lean more towards the shiar now

LordFear
The Shiar would win. They are among the most advanced alien race know in MU. GL corp would finally exhaust all of their powers just fighting off the hords of shiar soldiers and armada fleet warships. It would be a slaughter rock rock rock rock

Scoobless
if gladiator painted himself yellow he'd become parrallax's first target..........and a big bright yellow easy target at that

spetznaz
You brought up Parallax vs the Phoenix force.
Ok, let's have a go.
The Phoenix entity can cause the destruction of an entire galaxy. That is serious power, no doubt! But let us see what out pal Parallax can do!
Parallax has destroyed the entire Universe (not galaxy, universe); and not only content with that, decided to remake it using his will alone.
The Phoenix force is totally out of her league here (and against Ion, basically Kyle Ryner's version of Hal Jordan's Parallax) she is also an insignificant flea.
Seriously, the unleashed power of Oa, all of it, would obliterate everything and anything the Shiar could come up with. Even if they could manage to get the Phoenix force (which is debatable) on their side.
The only way the GLs would lose is if they are caught with their pants down. Have the entire GL corp versus the entire Shiar empire, and the GLs would win.
You could even resurrect the Skrull empire, and add the Krees as well, to the Shiar, and they would still be as easily destroyed by the GLs (if all of them are present, and the question stated the Entire GL corps).
Green Lanterns win, while the Guardians of Oa watch this from some far flung galaxy while munching on some popcorn.

spetznaz
Actually all it would take was one competent GL and thousands of utterly useless GLs - as long as the incompetents have their power rings the one great GL can channel that force into an awesome power. Remember when Kyle made replica power rings and sold them to the entire American population for a dollar a piece? The people were happy, and since they were so cheap they sold like hot cakes (and people were flying about and doing all sorts of things). The reason the GL did this was so as to use the collective power of all those people, through the rings, against some apocalyptic force that was going to threaten the earth, and it worked.
Hence, all it would take is one GL who knows what the heck he or she is doing, and thousands of warm bodies with at least some level of minor intelligence and a power ring each.
The Shiar would fall just as hard (since that one GL, focusing the power of all those rings, would have the power of an Ion and/or Parallax).
Shiar falls.

manjaro
IMO its fairly obvious how this would turn out. the fact that more than likely it would be the Shi'ar who are gonna be the aggressors on this one.

the gl corps are gonna be minding thier own business and the shiar are gonna want OA as a part of thier empire. what that means is just like what always happens when the GLs are dealing with threats on a Galactic scale while thier trying to neutralize the threat they also will be catering to all the innocent bystanders that get caught in the mix. its this distraction that would reult in them being ground to dust mostly by gladiator himself.

also, there are only 3500 gls. one in each galaxy, or was it solar system? either way they lose. it would be all drawn out and dramatic but if it is them against the ENTIRE empire, the shiar would eventually triumph. especially since the corps isnt gonna get any outside assistance from the likes of the guardians or JLA

K Von Doom
I think the actual number of superpowred ShiAr in the Imperial Guard numbers as many as Earth heroes. I think the ones we're most familiar with (Smasher, Oracle, Avalanche, Tempest... etc) is just one team.

mr.smiley
phoenix now has the power to deystroy the universe

mr.smiley
the emperial guard according to the big xmen book

warstar
astra
fang-deceased
smasher
manta
earthquake
electron
sibyl
scintilla
starbolt
flashfire
nightside
neutron
shape shifter
hussar
titan
magique
impulse mentor

mr.smiley
and gladiator

mr.smiley
but even more have been mentioned on this thread

Beyonder
big grin

Beyonder
You mean Parallax after absorbing the energies from PreCrisis? Having your own power to recreate a universe is different from using Crisis energy to amp and assist you. Phoenix is the embodiment of life force unborn. Stars faded when she tapped into this power, the universe was dying and this was under her own might.

Can Phoenix destroy the universe? Well, she can fade out the universe's stars, thus killing them. So guess what happens to the universe when its stars die out? Can she create a new universe? Hmmm, is she not the embodiment of life/life unborned? The Phoenix does rish from the ashes does it not? I don't see why she isn't able to create stars. It's not exactly creating the entire universe, but she's still doing this under her own might.

And before you bring up Parallax's powers, he sacrificed himself to destroy the Sun Eater. That wouldn't be needed if he truly was powerful and could create a universe.

And I don't see why we're bringing in higher beings. It's not like Parallax is going to join the Corp or that Kyle could just become Ion any time he wants or that the Phoenix would come to the Shi'Ar's aid.

With that said, 3,600 GL's Vs. Gladiator/Binary/Imperial Guard/Galaxy wide empire/advance tech/armadas of star ships

Again I say, most of these 3,600 GLs are nothing but cannon fodders.

juggernaut74
Is there any reason why you would assume this? How many GLs have you seem in comics? I just dont get his. How may of the Shi'ar Imperial guard are weak? The only one who is worth a crap is Gladiator. The weakes GL could take out the no. 2 guardsmen.

Beyonder
Your average GL has done what now? There's only a handful of them that's worth much when impending doom emerges. If most were much, they wouldn't have stupidly engaged Apokolips and get crusafied the way they did. Nothing but cannon fodders. Experienced and powerful? sick

juggernaut74
How can we know what the other GLs do. The only ones we hear about are the earth bound ones and few others. I guess your just assuming that they are all weak. Comparing Darkseid is like comparing Thanos. Thanos made all of Marvels heros out to be fairies including Surfer and Thor. Do poeple go around saying Surfer is cannon fodder cause he and Thor got bitchslapped by Thanos. Probably not.

manjaro
the only gls that are wotrh a damn aresadnot in any particular order)

john stewart
kyle
hal
kilowog
the planet(forgot its name)
john stewarts ex(forgot her name)
the squirrel
the six armed one
the one thats a huge head with arms and legs
that griffin falcon-ie looking one
and the one that has that cool v-shaped mask and he seems to have fangs.

whenever anything comes up these are the ones they pushh up in the picture. no matter what. be it apperances in comics, justice league episodes. they even had a cameo in Duck Dodgers on cartoon network. then they say ."oh its 3000 of us out there"

mr.smiley
i realy don't know how many guard members are realy worth anything but i can list some of their powers.

mentor posseses super human intellliegence
nightside can create total darkness over a small area
sibyl is a powerful telepath

there are two or three with super human str etc.
that's just a few though

juggernaut74
Well there is 3600 GLs in the Galaxy. How the hell is DC gonna give them all a cameo with dialogue in a comic? Not gonna happen so how can some people say that the ones that are not in a comic are useless.

manjaro
still 3600 is no match for an entire armada. i dont care what anyone says. they could have willpower coming out the ass and its not gonna matter

kgkg
how big is the the empire , from what i heard they rule an entire galaxy. Which will bean they have millions of warship . I don't think the GL can handle them.

if my millions of warship is true (and remember they have advance tech)

manjaro
more like billions

mr.smiley
i never would have thought shiar out numbered them that badly but then again this is one reason why I posted this

Cosmic Cube
There are a hell of alot of Green Lanterns, But they'd still have hell with Binary and Gladiator. I'm not sure. The GL's have alot of technology. But so do the Shiar. I think the Shiar have the Mind Gem. I don't know who wins, but it seems like the Shiar have more at their disposal.

mr.smiley
i think if shiar got the first attack they diffenetly will win.
actualy i know belive they would win under most any circumstance

K Von Doom
Each of the 3600 GLs would have to destroy at least a thousand space ships, because the Shi'Ar Imperial fleet consists of millions. Not to mention the Imperial Guard.

The Flash
The empire wins.

mr.smiley
well I guess we all pretty much agree then.

mr.smiley
since army was asking,maybe some new people could put in some new imput?

ZephroCarnelian
I believe the Empire is too much for the GLs.

The Corp would put up an awesome fight and inidvidually they're probably as powerful as entire battalions of Shiar warships.

But from what I've heard of the Shiar empire, it's mighty big.

It'd be like loads of wolves fighting an enraged bear.

The Bear is more powerful, but it'd be worn down and lose.

juggernaut74
The corps right now consist of five GLs.

But when its all said and done there will be 7200.

Thats gotta be hard to handle for any empire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.