1996 universal guide

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
Got it for two weeks now...
it arranges things alphabetical and gives things you know from cannon first then the EU...
got some strange things out of it, so I'm doubting how real it is...

phinney6
its probably bogus

LanceWindu
Name one of the strange things.

yerssot
well, it claims the lava pit fight is real, said it was written in the novelisation of RotJ, that's the only strange thing I can remember for now, I'll write the other things down

LanceWindu
Lava pit in ROTJ????????????

yerssot
no no, it claims that there is a reference in the novel of RotJ that said that Vader got in a fight with OB1 and fell in a lavapit

LanceWindu
Oh. It still doesn't sound right.

yerssot
I know sad

LanceWindu
Is it a del-ray book or what? Is it published by Lucas Books? If not then it has to be bogus.

Julie
You never know...besides even books that Del Rey did publish could have gotten a wrong fact or two....the novelization of ROTJ might have had a reference to the lava scene but that's dated material

LanceWindu
I've read one type of novelization of ROTJ and it didn't have a lava reference, but it might have come from a different source.

Julie
Yes it could.....but I don't know...I just doubt the lava scene will ever become reality because so many people know of it.

LanceWindu
I think that GL will go through with it because of the fans wanting to se it for real.

Volundro Ramm
Time to lay this one to rest. A friend of mine works in the movies(such as Saving private Ryan, The fifth Element, Harry Potter etc). His Grandad was Bill Welch(the construction manager for the original Star Wars trilogy), and so he has a lot of film memoribelia(how u spell that?) including story boards and concept art, even a part of the floor of the Millenium Falcon. Also he has a original script for ROTJ. And so, the layin to rest. The lava pit dual conversation was simply cut from the script and not even shot. Apparently Lucas got rid of it pretty early on.

finti
The lava thing is in the novelisation of ROTJ, " we fought and Anakin fell into a molten pit. When he clawed his way out of it......(cant remember it exactly I am at work at the moment and dont have the book here.)

LanceWindu
Well when you pull it out do you think you could type up the excerpt from it for us?

Julie
*waits*

LanceWindu
*looks at watch anxiously*

yerssot
well, he hasa RL you know

finti
from the ROTJ Novel Obi Wan talking to Luke
"When I saw what had become of him, I tried tp dissuade him, to draw him back from the dark side. We fought... your father fell into a molten pit. When your father clawed his way out of that fiery pool, the change had been burned into him forever - He was Darth Vader without a trace of Anakin Skywalker. Irredeemably dark. Scarred. Kept alive only by machinery and his own black will"

LanceWindu
Thanks much for the information finti.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.