Do you think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Can we judge one's for there words............Are words more inportant than actions??? Could it be possible that words are realy a viacle, but really transmit feelings????l

Cosmic_Beings
Actions > Words

debbiejo
"Thoughts = words usually........

SaTsuJiN
words are sometimes more powerful than actions.. (when you insult someone for instance).. but sometimes doing something for someone means alot more than just saying that to them

OMEGA_05
Yeah like kicking someone in the balls

never done it but when I insulted someone she got so mad she kicked me in the balls and it hurt like HELL.

peterKSL
Thoughts can be transmited by art, voice, and actions.

Sometimes either each can be more powerful than the other..
It depends...

Jackie Malfoy
I would say both words and action are the same thing.But it is words for me and not action most of the time.So I am not sure.JM confused

smoker4
Actions speak louder than words

Old klingon proverb

peterKSL
It is easier to see than to imagine... that is what the proverb is basicly saying...

FeceMan
But one must realize that one cannot properly communicate the full extent of what one feels through language, no matter how eloquent it is. This is why "actions speak louder than words"--if we could allow others to immerse themselves in our thoughts, completely and without restriction, then our thoughts would be greater than any action.

debbiejo
I think if we could feel the thoughts of those around us. I don't know...it could make for a scary place, but it could also grow some compassion.

If the world had a little more compassion, there wouldn't be so much war.

FeceMan
Should we have one collective mind composed of our individual consciousnesses, the world would be a better place, for you could not hurt anyone without hurting everyone.

debbiejo
Like borg??

FeceMan
^ Err, I suppose you could make that connection, although I was under the impression that the Borg didn't really 'emote'. (Not a big Star Trek fan, but I know a little.)

Jackie Malfoy
I hate that saying.I hear it too many times by my stepdad.JM mad

Storm
A thought which does not result in an action is nothing much, and an action which does not proceed from a thought is nothing at all.

debbiejo
Some thoughts shouldn't be turned into actions.

Bardock42
I think words are just a form of actions, we can only judge someon (if at all) from their thoughts (which we can never fully know) But if you are reffering to something done physically as action than I think "Actions speak louder than words" (ok you got me I just said that to annoy JM)
Anyway this is kind of the difference beetween ethics, the Deontological and the Teleological, one judging only for the results and one for the causes for the particular action.

peterKSL
thumbsup nothing much for me to comment..

peterKSL
But the problem with human beings today is they want to see the result of an action, which has the beneficial on human race regardless of if it was proceed with a thought or not...

An action which does not proceed from a thought, is SOMETHING... Can nature think? or not? Nobody knows, but the results are impressive, don't you think?

Reborn Again
Where do you derive words from thought? The ability to think can transmit action more concentrately than words. Words are an expression of thought, but do not necessarily judge action. You can speak volumes without "saying" a word. Humanity has been "speaking" for millions of years without the development of a recognizable language system. It has only been in the last 5-6 thousand years that expression and thought have been expressed through a recognized written word. Thought is the ultimate vessle of expression without saying a word.

debbiejo
That is so true..

By science now, thoughts can be measured..

Thought ultimately equal actions.

Reborn Again
Really? I would disagree with that. You can think without acting upon it.

debbiejo
Let me rephrase...thoughts CAN equal actions. But never underestimated the thoughts that you put out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.