Black Panther Vs Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Max Spidey 24
In a who the hell are u match.

long pig
panther. hes like marvels batman...but much much much more ruthless.

spetznaz
Easy Black Panther. Spiderman is valiant and all that, but Panther is just too ruthless and too strategic. He would systematically take Spiderman down.
Black Panther is basically Batman with more money and more aggression. At least the Bat will only beat a person to within an inch of his life. Black Panther on the other hand will just kill the person and get it over and done with.
Black Panther wins.

dami wilson
bull sh.t............what are you guys on? Black panther? The guy from Africa? Who fought in the avengers? I saw a thread of him and Captain america fighting where Cap beat him. How much can he lift? Not more than Wolverine and no healing power? Spiderman just webs him up and roasts him for the bush hogs roaming the streets.

Come on guys! What strengths does he have? Just an average dude with a mask!

Alpha Centauri
I think Panther would take this.

Master strategist, master martial artist, incredible fighter.

Might be too much for Spidey.

-AC

ScarletSpider
dami--he's beaten the Fantastic Four, he's beaten Wolverine, beat Iron Fist and loads of others. Cap beating him is a piece of crap "uhhhh, master strategist!", annoying boyscout is more like it, though Brubaker and Priest have helped rid him of that a bit.

If it's possible, which it is, T'Challa takes it.

dami wilson
NO WAY MAN! When did he beat the Fantastic Four? Single handedly? He beat the thing? how, he beat Mr Fantastic? hoW? H e beat the Touch? How? He beat WOlverine? How ? Come on dude! Which comics and I'll go get them! All he has is the strengths of ten men? Hungry men for that matter! No racism there but he can t do jack to spidey!

This is even more despiteful than the wolverine vs spidey threads! Wicked! Bring it on dude! State your reasons!

Alpha Centauri
The fact that you don't own the comics in which he won those fights doesn't mean they didn't happen. It's not false until you buy them.

-AC

StrawNilla
Spidey. Obviously he is the fastest, strongest, agile, most durable, most perceptive ala "the spider sense", of the two among other things. And when Spidey puts the fury on or knows he has to lay it out there, he can get very ruthless, ever heard of maximum spider mode? I have, and Spidey going all out with ALL of his abilities used to their fullest extent, he'll win.

And Spidey has already encountered the FF, it wasn't really a fight, but he tossed the Thing over his head and KO'ed Reed Richards if my memory serves me correctly. He's also made quick work of the Enforcers, the X-men, the Sinister Six, among other well-organized and powerful teams.

Mainstream
Gotta go with BP...Black power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dami wilson
BLACK POWER MY ASS, N I'm black too so aint being racist here! Cus he's black dont mean jack here! Like saying cus Tyson's black he'd KO some white dude! Ask Oscar Dela Hoya! Can name a few! Spidey's speed and 10 ton capacity to lift jack will stop this dude! He lost to Captain America in a battle of heroes not long ago!
What gives?

Mainstream
Dami wilson....you black too..what's up my bro-tha! BP "beat " the FF and you don't think he could take a white dude with Spider powers down?

StrawNilla
I'm black to, I'm just saying.

Spider-Man's spider powers stretch far beyond just sticking to walls, sensing danger, and being really strong and fast. Just like he's got what it takes to defeat Cap. America, he's got what it takes to defeat BP.

dami wilson
nope! Spiderman has powers not because of his color but some luck with a radioactive spider! Now, cos of that, I wont be dragged into that power thing, in boxing even, its not your skin but the hunger and preparation and obviously skills that make a fighter what he is. I tell you I've seen some arwful blackmen dance at nightclubs and they made me cry! I had to tell one he made blackmen look bad in dancing and begged him to stop! Man, it was so so sad! A group of blackmen wanted to gang on him! AN

illadelph12
"All he has is the strengths of ten men? Hungry men for that matter! No racism there but he can t do jack to spidey!"

Making a racist joke and then saying "no racism there" doesn't exhonerate you dami. You know damn well what you meant. The fact that you would even bring racial undertones into a fictional comic book thread already shows your mindset. Look how you began your first post:

"bull sh.t............what are you guys on? Black panther? The guy from Africa?"

Why does it even matter where he was from? Should we assume a comic book character from Japan is good at math, and that Blade and Luke Cage like fried chicken? You're obvious racial bias and ignorace of T'Challa abilities and exploits nullify your opinion anyway. You really showed your true 'colors' dami. Pathetic.

But anyway, on to the topic of this thread.

I'd take Black Panther. He has more than the strength of "10 hungry men". He's a genius, master tracker and strategist, has mastered multiple martial arts, superior agility, strength, and endurance granted from the Wakandan herb, a bulletproof, sound absorbing vibranium body suit and boots that absorb impacts and allow him to move in complete silence, and retractable vibranium claws incorporated into his suit.

Basically, he's Batman juiced up on Captain America's super serum, and more ruthless.

Batman could take Spiderman.

Black Panther could also.

Regardless of the fact he's "the guy from Africa".

Mainstream
duuuuuuuudes I though I was like the only black dude on these forums! not that I wouldn't mind or anything. BP is underrated but he'd overkick Spidey's ass. (overkick isn't a word...but bear with me)

illadelph12
There's more brothas on here than you know.

I bump Pete Rock while I read my X-Men comics.

Mainstream
duuuuuuuuuuuudes good to know!

StrawNilla
In a no prep time battle Spidey would waste Batman like no tommorow. Heck, even if Bats had prep time his gadgetry wouldn't be enough to handle someone who can sense an imopending attack coming instances before they occur, not to mention the guy sensing it can move more than fast enough to avoid it.

Spidey has agility and reflexes superior to anyone in the Marvel or DC brands. Not to mention endurance and strong-will enough to assist him in lasting in a battle that could go on for days.

And I may be mistaken but I thought there was a comic where BP tried to sneak up on Spidey and Spidey only laughed ad said "I know you're there." And BP was shocked.

And as stated, when desperate times call for desperate measures, and Spidey knows he has to kick it into gear, he can get very ruthless, and BP will not survive. If Spidey at the height of his abilities messed up Iron Man 2020's armor as badly as he did, then BP's armor will not stand much of a chance.

dami wilson
HEEY, SLOW DOWN, WHEN I said hungry , I didnt mean hungry as in no food! SLow down dude! Gosh! Hungry as they wantedd his kingship! That's what I read in the mag! They get to fight him at once to see if they can defeat him and whoever does becomes king of his village! Hey, slow down1 Hungry for power! I guess I gotta explain everything here cus folks see it in diff overtones and angles.

The only time I seen BP fight was in one episode when he had a conflict with the US govt and wanted out of the avengers and sought wolverine to assist him in Canada! He fought the ten men there and then,.they wanted to defeat him and claim his throne!

Understand now>? I dind't mean in that manner as in starvation dude! Gees..................he still wont be able to beat spidey! Cap beat him....... noufh said but can he lift a ton? He doesn't dodge bullets so he aint fast. Suit or no siut , he going down brotha!

SnakeEyes
I would have to say:

Prep time: BP
No Prep time: Spider-Man

Never
Suuuure. Spiderman can avoid flash bombs, sonics, acid-based corrosives, and any number of gadgets that Batman regularly carries.

Please.

LoL. He senses AN impending attack, not what it is.

illadelph12
Kraven the Hunter gave Spiderman a run for his money. Batman and Black Panther are far superior to Kraven.

spetznaz
Erm - check out the current issue of Black Panther. There is a 2 page spread where he basically beat Captain American, and then carried his unconscious behind off into the Bush.That was Tchalla's dad though, but they basically have the same abilities.
As for the current Black Panther, the guy took down the Fantastic Four, and he disabled Iron Man's armor.
Tchalla would slay Spiderman.

Zahit
the only way t'challa beats spidey is with some plan/preperation/trick.
he definitely CAN beat spidey, but in an out-of-the-blue fight, not very likely.

who?-kid
Okay, Spider-Man defender here.

To avoid misunderstandings, I think BP is cool. Nothing more, nothing less, just cool and sometimes impressive. But only a man, herb or no herb ! This is very important.

Everything BP can do, Spider-Man can do too ! But faster and probably better. He also can take more damage and can avoid all of BP's attacks when written right !, but probably not when some lame writer decides it's time to give to BP a "glorious moment."

T'Challa can take lots of people, but Spider-Man is a little bit too much. I am 100 % convinced he can defeat him, but not without the (boring) preptime. In a random fight, he goes down.

If you're talking about the old, very old FF comic in which BP was introduced (they always are much tougher in the beginning of their career, I guess to impress the readers) AND where BP invited the FF to Wakanda (talk about preptime !!), that's a bit dated.

I would like to see the BP to take out the FF in the middle of the street. I think he'd last 3 seconds.

Never
Um...suffice it to say that Black Panther has the means to level the playing field and neutralize any advantage Spider Man has. Does not matter whether or not you agree; that is how the character is written.

LoL no, he cannot avoid all of his attacks even when written correctly.

And, by the way...Spider Man is "just a man" also.

who?-kid
Yeah, just like Spider-Man has the means to knock BP's head off. It isn't gonna happen either.

Spider-Man has a spider-sense that has saved him thousands of times. In most cases, it works perfectly. Does not matter whether or not you agree; that is how the character is written.

So we have a guy who - on a good day - dances through the combined attacks of the Sinister Six (or other superpowered teams), but one human being will be able to touch him ? Only when Spider-Man will fight like a retard.

Nope, far from it, he is much more. He has some sort of mutated body, his physiology is completely different than that of a normal human being. Did you never notice he lifts tanks and climbs walls ?

Never
>>>Yeah, just like Spider-Man has the means to knock BP's head off. It isn't gonna happen either.

Has Spiderman ever "knocked someone's head off?" No, but Black Panther always levels the playing field when he is outgunned, similar to Batman's battles with Superman.

>>>Spider-Man has a spider-sense that has saved him thousands of times. In most cases, it works perfectly. Does not matter whether or not you agree; that is how the character is written.

The spider-sense warns him of imminent danger, not the nature of the attack -- and it has FAILED him countless times. It is hardly failsafe.

>>>So we have a guy who - on a good day - dances through the combined attacks of the Sinister Six (or other superpowered teams), but one human being will be able to touch him ? Only when Spider-Man will fight like a retard.

Is Kraven The Hunter "one human being?" Yes. So yes, "one human being will be able to touch him." Took .8 nanoseconds to come up with that example. Can provide others.

>>>Nope, far from it, he is much more. He has some sort of mutated body, his physiology is completely different than that of a normal human being. Did you never notice he lifts tanks and climbs walls ?

In Marvel you have homo sapiens and homo superior. He is not a mutant.

He is human.

Max Spidey 24
Cough Shocker punched him once cough

StrawNilla
And he can dodge an impending attack despite what it is if he uses the time in which he is warned about said attack correctly.

Spidey can avoid all of that stuff becuase of the time he is given to react to it courtesy of the spider sense, he can also detect where the attack is coming from, you'd have to have some kind of bomb powerful enough to level a building or so for Spidey not to avoid it, and that's only if Spidey doesn't get a move on in the instant or so he is warned.

StrawNilla
Are you talkin' about Kraven's Last Hunt, when he didn't have his powers? Yeah, great example.

Never
No.

His spider-sense would warn him of an incoming nuke. Think he'll dodge that? No.

His spider-sense does not tell him where the attack is coming from. They simply warn him of impending danger. Very vague pre-cog ability, so to speak.

It's right there in every bio. Like here:

"It appears to be a simultaneous clairvoyant responce to a wide variety of phenomena (everything from falling safes to speeding bullets to thrown punches), which has given several hundredths of a second's warning, which is sufficient time for his reflexes to allow him to avoid injury. The sense also can create a general resonse on the order of several minutes: he cannot discern the nature of the threat by the sensation. He can, however, discern the severity of the danger by the strength of his response to it."

Notice it says "a WIDE VARIETY OF PHENOMENA?"

StrawNilla
And Spidey's spider sense has not failed him countless times, and it can tell him where the attack is coming from and the seriousness of /it judging from the sensation he gets, if it's a low sensation, like a tickle, it'll probably be a punch from behind or bullet. If it's a very present sensation, and it's going off like crazy, then he will know that attack will be something really big.

And using the argument that Spidey is human is ludicrous, granted he is HALF-human, but he's not a full fledged human. He's also half-spider, and with the right dose of exposure to something like radiation, his mutation could take over. He's MORE THAN human, not a 100% average joe everyday human.

And there have been quite a few half-a** accounts of slower people than Spidey touching Spidey, that's because he holds back a lot, he's stated it himself. Only in high pressure situations does he really pull out the speed and strength, among other things. Without holding back, the combined spider sense and base reflexes will be alot more than bargained for BP to overcome. You have to take into account Spidey's true abilites and the accounts of Spidey overcoming what seemed insurmountable odds quite easily when using all his abilities to their full extent.

who?-kid
Did I say otherwise ? I said he can do it, why not ? He can bend steel with ease.

Oooh I see, thank you for showing me the light. It is one of THOSE threads, where BP gets all the preptime in the world, blueprints, detailed files, sets up death traps and so on, while the other guy gets, hm, nothing at all ?

Nope, nothing at all... Not very fair if you ask me.

Never said it was failsafe, but you can rely on it. It has warned him hundreds of times more than it let him down, but if you insist on focusing on the few times (yes FEW times when you compare it to all the times it worked perfectly) I think you are a little biased.

Ooh, did you forget the Deviants ? The Eternals ? The Greek and Norse Gods ? The people of Atlantis ? Are these homo sapiens or homo superior wink ?

No he is not. He has superpowers and an extra sense (why am I even arguing about this) ?

IRTMU-Dragon
Spiderman has raw fighting, durability, spider sense and webbing, Panther has an assortment of gadgets, fighting instruments, adept at hand to hand combat.

I bet panther on this one.

IRTMU-Dragon
And dont forget his increased senses and ability to climb walls as well.

StrawNilla
Sppidey's spider sense can warn of a galactic energy blast, a force very similar to that of a nuke, a force that could quite possibly exceed the limits to the damage that a nuke could do to a mass of land, and can Spidey dodge that? Yes.

So he can't sense the exact nature, he can judge the seriousness of the attack by the sensation teh tingle presents, it's right there in the bio. Therefore with that several hundreths of a second he can react to it however fast he sees fit. If it's just a punch or bullet, perhaps he'll just hop out of the way like he always does. But if it's something like the Hulk or Juggernaut about to deliver a heymaker, he's gonna avoid it as quickly as possible.

It says in the bio that his spider sense cannot determine the nature of the attack or exactly what the attack is going to be like a gunshot, or train coming, he can't tell what the attack will be. What you said is like saying he does not know where an attack is coming from if an attack is coming from behind and he's facing forward. Wherever the sensation is strongest is where he will try to avoid, no matter where the attack is, he's going to sense it. It's judging where the sensation comes strongest that tells him where it will be.

StrawNilla
What's to say he can't dodge these gadgets? What's so powerful about these assortments that's too much for Spidey to overcome?

And about Spidey's list of abilities, you forgot the parts about speed, strength, endurance, strong-will, you know, the good stuff.

There's plenty of guys who are adept to hand-to-hand combat, does that put them on Spidey's level and above?

There are plenty of ways Spidey could beat BP, one of them being the speedblitz, that's something BP cannot avoid because aside from Spidey being faster, he's also way too powerful for BP to overcome. Absorbing gunshoits with his armor and absorbing a Spidey speedblitz are two different things.

Here's the power of Spidey's speedblitz......

.....And here's the power of a gunshot. You see the difference here?

srankmissingnin
who?-kid is 100% right IMO. BP does have the means to defeat Spider-man with prep but in a random incounter he doesn't have what it takes to pull out the win.

Never
>>>Did I say otherwise ? I said he can do it, why not ? He can bend steel with ease.

Your comment was about as relevant as saying "Superman can just fly in, knock everyone out, and fly back out." Big deal. HAS he done it? No, so no use in including a variable when it will never play out in a "real" encounter.

>>>>Oooh I see, thank you for showing me the light. It is one of THOSE threads, where BP gets all the preptime in the world, blueprints, detailed files, sets up death traps and so on, while the other guy gets, hm, nothing at all ?

>>>Nope, nothing at all... Not very fair if you ask me.

He does not need prep time to level the playing field. He would need it to put the odds firmly in his favor.

>>>Never said it was failsafe, but you can rely on it. It has warned him hundreds of times more than it let him down, but if you insist on focusing on the few times (yes FEW times when you compare it to all the times it worked perfectly) I think you are a little biased.

Point is it is exploitable (yes, Spidey can be TRICKED.). Only need it to happen once when fighting someone of BP's caliber.

>>>Ooh, did you forget the Deviants ? The Eternals ? The Greek and Norse Gods ? The people of Atlantis ? Are these homo sapiens or homo superior ?

Neither. Most are cosmics. wink

Namor is a MUTANT.

>>>No he is not. He has superpowers and an extra sense (why am I even arguing about this) ?

Horrible example. Daredevil has "superpowers." He is human, pursuant to the frame of reference that I provided. More specifically, he's a human with superhuman abilities.

>>>And Spidey's spider sense has not failed him countless times, and it can tell him where the attack is coming from and the seriousness of /it judging from the sensation he gets, if it's a low sensation, like a tickle, it'll probably be a punch from behind or bullet. If it's a very present sensation, and it's going off like crazy, then he will know that attack will be something really big.

No, the spider sense does not tell him where it is coming from. Why does his bio say otherwise, and why is he consistently written as being warned of IMPENDING danger, but not precisely where it is coming from?

Am still waiting on your Spiderman runs 100 mph/Hulk runs 700mph/Spiderman dodges bullets at point-blank range proof. Notice that no other Spidey fans (including myself) back you up on this? I wonder why.

StrawNilla
And don't forget Spidey's spider sense and superior versatility while while wall crawling.

Tron
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if BP beat Spidey, it's what he does. He's that good to do such things, and his vibranium suit alone helps level the field. Someone who makes their first official Marvel appearance beating the Fantastic Four is a feat in itself, so that's gotta say something.

And since all the black folks are coming out for this thread, yes, Black Panther is the HNIC of Marvel. If ya' don't know what that means, then it's probably better that you don't, lol.

StrawNilla
If you think you're impressing me witht hese arguments you're quite wrong. All you're doing is disagreeing with other people's post (and that's your right so don't claim that I'm protesting it) and posting that paragraph from, what was it, one of those Marvel websites?

And Spidey can tell where the attack would come from judging from where the sensation comes strongest, funny, you reject it, but you can't dispute it, not even with someone else's logic. How quaint.

And you were supposed to end the sentence "I wonder why" with a ? not a . I wonder why you're debating my knowledge with incorrect end punctuation? I've already told you I can't provide the proof, not now anyway. But don't worry I'll be back with the proof you need to quench your thirst for me to prove you wrong.

Max Spidey 24
Lol it probaly is better but i have an idea. what does it mean,dont want to look stupid and say what i think it means.

crazy
spiderman > BP, **** your preptime bullshit, just think about what you're saying when you give someone preptime.

Max Spidey 24
Whats an HNIC

Never
LMAO, I don't debate here to impress anyone (and certainly not you) -- I do it because I like debating and I like comic books.

All bios say that he cannot tell where they are coming from -- I daresay the bios are more credible than you; moreover, in COMIC BOOKS he is characterized as not knowing where the attacks are coming from. Hulk #300, for example. His spider sense was tingling -- he looked UP then saw the hot water come crashing down. He put up some webbing to protect them.

No, I was supposed to end the sentence how I chose to end it -- with a period.

I'll be waiting for you to show me where it says that Spiderman runs 100mph, has dodged bullets at point blank range, and where it says that The Hulk runs 700mph.

And..actually BP would not be considered the HNIC, Apocalypse would...right?

Anywho, that's my point exactly -- BP CAN tag Spiderman. He CAN defeat him. No way would Spiderman win 10 times if they battled 10 times. Won't bother guessing how many he would win, as that would lead to another 5 pages of back and forth...

Max Spidey 24
Is a HNIC a type of Cat

Never
Head...Negro In Charge.

Max Spidey 24
lol oh ok. Any way Bp and Spidey could end up as a draw. They have no prep so its like a draw or Bp wins.

ScarletSpider
He would be...if he weren't currently "dead". And if people could pull their heads out of their asses and figure out that the ancient Egyptians were black. Caucasian sentiment towards issues such as those is really mind boggling. I read an essay once, published by a renowned guy (it was reprinted from the late 1800's, but I digress) that said the Egyptians couldn't have been black, or Arab, or anything short of stark white in complexion because of something like "any of the peoples of Africa could not have successfully built such an impressive and advanced empire." Though they have several theories that the area was densely populated by various tribes and peoples, so over the centuries the people became more and more of a mixed breed. At any rate, most of the theories on the peoples of ancient Egypt are asininely ludicrous.

Anyways, knowledge is T'Challa's greatest weapon, and he spent years spying on the Avengers and the American superhero scene. He has access to Avengers files through his Wakandan satellites, and lest we forget, Spider-Man, for however short a period, was an Avenger. If Panther has a Galactus contingency plan, he can probably think of a few ways to take down our favorite web-slinger.

who?-kid
How exactly ? I really want to know this. Or are you going to refer to some old fight where BP "brained his opponent to death ?". For each fight you name, I'll name ten of Spider-Man wink.

1. Spider-Man doesn't need his sense to wipe the floor with BP

2. He has fought without his spidersense, to people who were stronger and faster than BP. Did I mention Spider-Man is still alive and kicking these days ?

We can argue about that ! But not now and here...

Never
LoL, right on.

>>>How exactly ? I really want to know this. Or are you going to refer to some old fight where BP "brained his opponent to death ?". For each fight you name, I'll name ten of Spider-Man .

Will need to explain the last sentence.

At any rate, there exists myriad ways in which he could "level the playing field." Simply disorienting Spiderman is one way. Blinding him temporarily is another.

>>>2. He has fought without his spidersense, to people who were stronger and faster than BP. Did I mention Spider-Man is still alive and kicking these days ?

How is whether or not he is "still alive and kicking" even relevant? Who said that BP would "kill Spiderman?"

Re: Fighting sans his spider sense, yes, and Venom stomped his ass all over that shed. That was pure garbage, but whatever.

StrawNilla
Give me an excerpt from a handbook that states if Spidey judges from the strength of the sensation in a certain area, he cannot tell for certain that the attack will come from that area.

My thesis is simple, if Spidey judges where the sensation is coming from the strongest, he could tell that the attack is coming from that direction. That coupled with the fact that Spidey could tell the level of seriousness of an attack from the strength of the sensation could most definitely prove very useful on the battlefield.

And I didn't make Spidey dodging bullets at point blank range up. I know this from an actual link of an image on another post that clearly shows Spidey dodging gunshots fired by SWAT team officers. And I don't have proof that you would find credible on the matter of Spidey running up to speeds of a 100 mph. I heard that he had had a speed upgrade from the usual 70 mph. This and the Hulk running up to speeds of 700 mph were claimed to be listed in the Marvel handbook guide. That's all I can tell you.

And BP would not tag Spidey when he put on the speed. Using his reflexes (30-40 times faster than that of a human), speed (superhuman speed that is, no skippin' around that), superior agility, durability, the spider sense, superior endurance, superior will, there's just so many ways Spidey could win using these abilities to their full extent. Even if he held back, those abilities combined would quite easily keep the edge over BP. By the way, your whole "I won't get into how BP will hit Spidey" statement is just another way of saying "I've got nothing" hypocrite. Judging the credibility of someone else's argument when your own is questionable, tssk tssk.

And personally I'm glad you're not here to impress me, because you haven't in the least.

illadelph12
laughing

I think people exaggerate that a character like Batman or Black Panther are useless without 'prep time'. Their brains don't simply stop working because they are engaged in a fight. They think just as fast in the heat of battle as they would in the lab, if not moreso. Prep time would simply greatly increase the probability of their victory from 50:50 to 70:30 and sometimes 90:10 and 100:0.

Now, Spiderman's far from an idiot, no doubt, but T'Challa has the strategic edge. He's only a step or two (or three) behind Spiderman in agility and speed (he is a fully accomplished gymnast), and he's a much better fighter and combat strategist. It's not like Petey's fighting Flash Thomson in a suit. All of BP's abilities are at superhuman or enhanced human levels, and he wears impact absorbing vibranium armor which will take a bit of the pop off Spiderman's punches.

who?-kid
Myriad ways huh ? Blind him ? Good one lol. How about this way: Spider-Man sees him and knocks him out with ONE punch. Now THAT is a plausible scenario.

If BP gets all the preptime, detailed files and money in the world, I think it's no more than fair that Spider-Man will not hold back anymore and goes apeshit on BP.

Would be fun...wink

StrawNilla
No file, no matter how advanced, does not have all you need to know about Spidey. BP can hack and hack and hack again into the Avenger's files and still not have everything you need to know.

Bringing up Spidey's past mistakes will only anger him, and make the onslaught courtesy of Spidey that much more brutal. There are plenty of mind tricks BP could use with Parker, but the webslinger is very resilient. Using his abilities to their full extent, no matter how disoriented Spidey is, will leave BP incapacitated or dead. There's not alot BP can do to counter Spidey's speed, agility, reaction time, etc. Especially in a non-prep battle. Not even in a prep battle could BP create a weopon or projectile Spidey won't be aware of and ready to dodge when it is used. The only alternative I could see BP turning to for a victory would be to suit their place of battle with a hundred or so sticks of dynamite and wait for Spidey to arrive. Wait, even then Spidey could sense the seriousness of the situation and avoid the battlefield completely, so that wouldn't work. I can't see BP winning this.

Never
>>>Give me an excerpt from a handbook that states if Spidey judges from the strength of the sensation in a certain area, he cannot tell for certain that the attack will come from that area.

Um, ONE, "judges from the strength of the sensation in a certain area?" What's this supposed to mean? If his big toe tingles from his spidey sense that means an attack is coming from the right?

Err...the sensation is located in his head, period. The sensation's intensity varies with the intensity of the threat. It does NOT tell him WHERE the threat comes from. Do you OWN any Spidey comics? As a matter of fact, if you DO, I'll quote several examples this evening from some of Mcfarlane's run to SHOW you.

>>>And I didn't make Spidey dodging bullets at point blank range up. I know this from an actual link of an image on another post that clearly shows Spidey dodging gunshots fired by SWAT team officers. And I don't have proof that you would find credible on the matter of Spidey running up to speeds of a 100 mph. I heard that he had had a speed upgrade from the usual 70 mph. This and the Hulk running up to speeds of 700 mph were claimed to be listed in the Marvel handbook guide. That's all I can tell you.

So...I can arbitrarily say that Black Panther runs at 100mph also, and that's gospel? I don't think so. Surely a Spidey fan such as yourself can quote ONE instance from ONE comic book where SOMEONE says that Spiderman runs at 100mph. Can you even QUOTE a picture? LoL @ "I heard that he got an upgrade from 70mph." He NEVER ran that fast, and Hulk NEVER ran at speeds upwards of 700mph.

>>>And BP would not tag Spidey when he put on the speed. Using his reflexes (30-40 times faster than that of a human), speed (superhuman speed that is, no skippin' around that), superior agility, durability, the spider sense, superior endurance, superior will, there's just so many ways Spidey could win using these abilities to their full extent.

And you are making all of this up as well. His bio (MARVEL UNIVERSE) says 15x that of a human's. You say 30-40x. Is this some random number that you created? Or you "heard he had an upgrade" also?

"Superior will?" I'd love to see you TRY to prove that.

>>>And personally I'm glad you're not here to impress me, because you haven't in the least.

Difficult to impress know-it-alls, correct? And by providing us with sources that back up your every claim, you certainly "know it all."

wink

>>>Myriad ways huh ? Blind him ? Good one lol. How about this way: Spider-Man sees him and knocks him out with ONE punch. Now THAT is a plausible scenario.

No one has ever gotten the jump on BP and "knocked him out with one punch."

Same thing with Batman (and I mention him as they are similar).

Nice try. Actually...not really...

StrawNilla
Thank you. I'm glad someone realizes just how fast Spidey can be, especially when using his abilites to the height of their extent. It's just too much for poor BP.

StrawNilla
Don't try to jumble of my words. You know exactly what I mean. Wherever the sensation is strongest is where Spidey knows the attack will come from. Don't pretend like you don't know what that means, he already knows the spider sense is there, and it's not like he can't differentiate from a small tickle and a constant flashing.

Let me provide an example. Pete is in a boxing match. It's the first round, Pete stands in spot and is looking left and right at the crowds and stuff, he's entranced. All of a sudden the spider sense flashes, he knows an attack is coming, he turns to his right side, the sensation grows stronger, and Pete knows the attack will come from the right.

And you may have stomped me on the issue of Spidey running up to speeds of 100 mph, but you haven't exactly presented an argument other than "no he can't." to the contrary.

And I'm not making up the whole thing about him having reflexes 30-40 times faster than that of a human. He starts out with reflexes already 15x faster than that of a human, the spider sense provides him with more time to react, thereby accelerating his reaction.

StrawNilla
Oh yeah, about the superior will. Ever heard of Revelations, Spidey and GG are really going at it, giving each other their all. Spidey beats the odds however by pushing himself beyond his and GG's expectations.

When he was fighting Thanos, even after he was beaten to within an inch of his life, he did not give up, he prevailed.

When he was fighting Morlun with two broken ribs and having a car drop on him, he still managed to outrun a gas leak in a collapsing building and hold his breath for about ten minutes or so underwater. And even then he came back for the second time in a fight where he was beaten within an inch of his life to prevail in the end.

Never
>>>Don't try to jumble of my words. You know exactly what I mean. Wherever the sensation is strongest is where Spidey knows the attack will come from.

Show me an example from a comic book OR bio where it says this. Or did you just jumble THEIR words?

Just ONE place where someone else OTHER THAN YOU says this.

>>>And you may have stomped me on the issue of Spidey running up to speeds of 100 mph, but you haven't exactly presented an argument other than "no he can't." to the contrary.

You said that he can do it. PROVE it. Not entirely difficult, given the hundreds of Spiderman comics...right?

>>>And I'm not making up the whole thing about him having reflexes 30-40 times faster than that of a human. He starts out with reflexes already 15x faster than that of a human, the spider sense provides him with more time to react, thereby accelerating his reaction.

Ah, if you are not making it up then why does it say IN HIS BIO that his reflexes are quicker by a factor of 15? You are making up the 30-40x faster and just do not want to admit it.

If you are NOT making it up, why is that not listed in a bio OR a comic book? Purely some random figure you created, akin to saying that he can run at speeds of 100mph "since he can jump 30 yards into the air."

His spidersense does not "speed up" as in "augment" his reflexes, it GIVES HIM MORE TIME TO REACT. If I just throw a PUNCH at you I will probably hit you. If I say "psssssssssssst" before I SWING you will be able to dodge it. THAT'S how it works, in essence: it is an early warning system, it does NOT "speed up his reflexes" in that sense.

He does not dodge bullets at point blank range, but will wait on you to prove that one also.

long pig
because of the "black power" comment i change mine to spidey.
white power biiiiitch!

Max Spidey 24

long pig
eh, no apologies

Max Spidey 24

illadelph12
It's really sad when racism contaminates a thread on fictional comic book characters.

People's true colors are really being displayed today.

thumb down

long pig
indeed.

Max Spidey 24

Tron
Alright, now everyone's starting to get too into the racial thing in here. If anyone feels that strong about it, then take it to the proper forum, but for now, stay on topic.

Never
How this does NOT deserve an instant banning is beyond me.

Cursing is not tolerated but "white power" comments are?

Interesting.

Eden Unicorn
I dont know much about Panther. When i first started in comics as a kid he was my first hero. I drifted to more powerful characters. Does he have the strength of ten men. That's close to 1 ton strenghth. His suit makes him one of the most dangerous men in comics.
It's the webbing that i have a problem with. I've seen Spider web up Juggernaut for God's sake.
Oh yeah, Panther must have an unbreakable grip both in his hand and in an arm lock. Cause that suit absorbs all impact, thus not just directional. If he ever got his hands on Spider, it might well be lights out.

Eden Unicorn
Oh i was just reading up on Black Panther. Because of the soles of his boots he can jump from an 8 story build. and can run up walls. He can't stay stationary on em though. I don't know where spider-man could escape.

Never
If you are really interested in reeducating yourself on Black Panther, might I suggest Priest's run in Marvel Knights (1998, I think)? He did an exemplary job with the character and is primarily responsible for the upgrades that Black Panther received (similar to Grant Morrison's being responsible for elevating Batman to "Batgod" status).

Most agree that, with prep time, the fight would be over pretty quickly, with BP emerging as the victor. It is the impromptu fight that most simply disagree on (as usual).

And...Spidey could simply jump or swing away from Black Panther. That is not much of a problem.

ScarletSpider
Yes, Christopher Priest's run on Panther is the best source for learning about him. It started out in the Marvel Knights line, but then went into regular Marvel. It lasted 62 issues, with a spin-off The Crew, which had a sort of T'Challa padawan from Harlem in it (along with another BP character and Jim Rhodes!). Also, Geoff Johns run on Avengers (57-76 volume 3) featured Black Panther as a direct continuation from Priest's run.

who?-kid
Somebody who sets up a trap for Spider-Man, now that's something new...

Zahit
Spidey avoids traps by brilliant hunters/scientists/villians ALL THE TIME.
I still think it's possible for Black Panther to win, but he can't do it relying
on JUST his skills. Spidey outclasses him phyically in every way.
He'll need some plan or maybe outsmart Spidey (which is NOT easy).
I love it how people constantly under-estimate Spidey's powers.

Never
Sorry, Black Panther probably set traps as a 2 year old. He's a tad more advanced than Spidey and setting traps.

who?-kid
Same here. I have no problem giving the victory to BP - he's one damn smart cookie who gets underestimated by too many - but Spider-Man has been dancing through deathtraps for years...!!

Not only that, but like you said, he outclasses him physically in every way. I really can not see how BP will beat Spider-Man (6 months of preptime will not be accepted).

Max Spidey 24
I love how people over estimate Spideys powers (same goes for every one else). I dont know to much about panther but from what i hear he could stand up to spidey, not sure who wins though. (I know Spidey like a book)

StrawNilla
You really like proving your point by saying a character can't do something, when you yourself can't prove me wrong. You keep telling me to prove my point, when really I should be asking you to prove me wrong. It's sad that someone could bounce around the facts.

Sbout the reflex thing, I said hat 15X is his base reeflex speed, the spider sense provides an accceleration in his reaction time, you haven't even proven me wrong on THAT medium, in fact, you haven't proven me wrong on ANY medium from where I'm sitting.

I'm tired of your constant little chatter about how Spidey can't do this or that, when you in fact you just aren't man enough to admit that BP will lose, and that you can't prove my thesis wrong. Or anything else I state wrong for that matter. Like I said, it's sad.

StrawNilla
No one's exaggerated Spidey's powers, it's the other way around with BP.

Spidey would mutilate BP with a well-placed speedblitz at the start of the fight, he's certainly fast, agile, and maneuverable enough to do so. Instances in the past where Spidey has done this has proven ill to those on the recieving end. Do you need a list?

theflyxx
Spidey outclasses BP in every physical aspect. Spiderman is stronger, quicker, and more agile than Black Panther is.

Spider-Man wins 8/10..

Max Spidey 24
More like 5 or 6 out of 10

StrawNilla
No.

8/10, if not 9/10.

long pig
damn. my bad..thought it was funny at the time...thought the "biiiiiiiitch" ensured it as a non serious comment. guess its hard to tell im black over the net. no more racial commentary from me
mybad

dami wilson
tHEY MEET ON THE STREETS OF New York at prep time while chasing other stuff and a fight breaks out! When will he have the prep time to prepare? Kraven the hunter was better and failed many times cos spidey's warning sense puts that plan out. Taking a bullet is different from a 10 ton punch in the face cus his suit cant be like iron mans armour. Gosh you're gonna say he's wolverine next! He's also not a squick as spidey so he gets hit ten to one. Spideys webbing is another factor plus spidey casn hit in in webs from long range and spidey has tools of his own!

Thats also true that spidey holds back alot when fighting, puch and even speed so get used to it! When he full out punched the juggernaut in the face once while trying to stop juggy from attacking a black boy with the juggs sword, spidey hit him with everything he had and the jugg stopped and thought about it and turned back! That kidda punch would knock out wolverine and BP any day!

The spiderman they print bloo...y holds back all the time and that sucks cos now guys like you think he's a wimp! smokin' sick mad embarrasment eek! eek! eek! laughing

Banner
Black Panther take Spider-Man? If he can take on Mephisto, Captain America, Iron Man, Magneto, Red Skull, Iron Fist and win...why not Spider-Man? Sure I can see it happening. In some cases he did use preptime and gadgets but hey -- that's his MO. Like it's Batman's MO to use gadgets, preptime and so forth.

Mainstream
Black Power!!!!!!! I hear you Banner word up my bro-tha!

Banner
Cus' I'm from tha' -- M I crooked letter, crooked letter I crooked letter, crooked letter I hump back,hump back I. Huuuuuuuuuuuuredd me? Yo. Calm down with all the Black Power, kid. You're gonna scare all the white folk. Besides, Panther isn't " Black " he's AFRICAN. Big difference.

Mainstream
ummmm okay. Cuz Black P is the Shizzle fo shizzle and that's no bullShizzle!

Banner
Uh. Right. huh

Mainstream
indeed old chum...but did Black P beat all those gentlemen you listed about 4 post ago?

Banner
Yes. He did. Why else would have I mentioned them?

Tron
You left out the Fantastic Four.wink

Mainstream
Black P beat all these dudes...finally a black superman! well theirs Steel but he sucks..Black P is the superman of the getto jungles! I might buy his book after all.

StrawNilla
Realistically, once these charcters got their hands on BP (and they are strong enough to do so) BP should've been destroyed.

Besides, none of them are as maneuverable, as well a contortionist, or as agile as Spidey on their BEST day. At the starting bell Spidey could casually leap frog the distance between himself and BP, maneuvering himself between thrown projectiles courtesy of the spider sense and of course, the agility. After that, it's Spidey's game....

BLITZ!!!!!!

StrawNilla
Just one thing, you knwo how I said that if any of those chracters got their hands on BP, he would be destroyed?

I meant with the big guys like Mephisto and IM (Iron Man), not guys like Cap. And comparing Cap. to Spidey isn't fair. Spidey obviously outclasses him in every physical aspect. No surprises there.

long pig
GRRRR thats what pissed me off the first time!!!
no BP or WP!

Max Spidey 24
Panthers eat webs

StrawNilla
I think the phrase "Panthers eat webbed fists" better suits the scenario.

CountQuan
I full agree. Spiderman wins.

Lord-of-Dreams
Umm... Magneto is waaaaay too powerful for Spidey. BP beat him with a good plan. Also, mneuverability+contortionisme is pretty much irrelevant. Most of the given guys are far more powerful than Spidey. Period. Panther just has the brains to take this.
And all you guys who always go on about how BP needs prep. time, he does. It's true. But he takes it, it's not given to him. So stop saying that he would lose without it. He's walking down the street, gets bonked on the hea by some crazy punk... gets up off the ground and has a short go at this guy. After realising that he won't win hand/hand, he retreates. It's not over, he just had the sense to back up. This is what makes him so powerful. Spidey does do the same, but e doesn't do as well to do it. See??

StrawNilla
Magneto may be more powerful than Spidey, but he's nowhere near as fast, agile, maneuverable, elastic, or perceptive as Spidey. He could easily speedblitz BP before he could "take" prep time.

I've already stated how Spidey could do a number of varied attacks on BP before he cpould go anywhere. These include web attacks, blitzes, the "bob and weave" method, etc. Tell me how BP's going to escape an swift Spidey attack without Spidey speed? Or counter it without Spidey strength, agility, elasticy, etc.?

StrawNilla
And in case you're wondering, BP would be through with a well-placed punch from Spidey, especially one on the head (can you say collapsing skull?)

And he's no crazy punk. That's a ludicrous thing to argue.

Max Spidey 24
Every one says one punch from spidey will take there skull. HAve U ever seen that happen buddy. The kingpins Skull didnt crack.
And Spidey doesnt crush skulls no matter what even if hes dying the man doesnt kill .

long pig
ok, BP is batman ok(with more money and better physical everything)? lets just see it that way.
can batman beat spiderman? of freaking course!

long pig
comics brings races together! ....nothing else is like it right tron?
im done thanks lol

Lord-of-Dreams
Stop bringing race into this!!! God damn it!!! Tron,where the hell are you at????? Do your job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spiderman is not as powerful as some of us are trying to make out. He is really only supposed to fight groups of guys with guns. The aforementioned became boring for readers really quick, sothe writers brought in super badguys. Crossoversand crappy writers just pumped PP up into something he's not.
BP is underestimated. Largely.
And StrawNilla, you are either saying that BP is extremely slow, or Spidey is at least QS speed. Think about it. I know that Spidey is fast, but he's not superfast, just a bit faster than human average. And BP is very fast and strong and has extremely good reaction speeds- peak human. So don't count him out physically.
Keep up your arguements, you have presented someof the best stuff so far. smile

Never
How trite. How jejune.

If YOU say I punched you in the face, the burden of proof is not on me to show that I DIDN'T do it; the onus is on YOU to prove that I DID.

I know you pulled that 30-40x quicker than human reflexes out of your nether region, hence my asking you to provide ANY any ANY any ANYthing to support your posit.

You can't.

As for your rather puerile argument that I cannot prove you wrong (when indeed the burden of proof is on YOU), that's idiotic, no? That's like me saying "well um She-Hulk can press 200 tons!" and following it up by challenging someone to prove that she CANNOT (when her bio PLAINLY states that she lifts much less than that).

As for Spidey losing to BP, Reading Is Fundamental. LONG ago I said that, in MY opinion, Black Panther can probably land a punch here OR there, but his margin for error is smallllll. No amount of training/rolling with a punch can prepare one for someone who hits as hard as Spiderman.

With prep time, DUH, Black Panther walks over Spiderman. Without prep time (and this battle SHOULD be without prep time) it is Spidey's battle to lose.

whobdamandog
Actually Spidey's reflexes are up to 30-40 times faster..he states this himself..refer to the pick below...

The MU Handbook states the 15 times faster figure...either waaay..he's much faster than BP...

Never
Yeah, and Wolverine says he's the best at what he does.

And Gladiator says that he can fly through as well as ignite stars.

I can list a who's who of exaggerations by comic characters as well.

I don't think that anyone argued about whether or not he is quicker than BP. That was evident when I pointed out that he bounced around all of the X-Men without getting touched.

Nice try though.

whobdamandog
His speed is superhuman....The MU Handbook even states this...although not anywhere near the speed of QS...the fact that its difficult to see him when he pours on the speed would mean that he's obviously very fast...

Never
No...he's not "superhumanly FAST."

He is superhumanly "quick."

And anything substantially quicker than a human is considered to be "superhuman."

Hell, if I ran 35mph (top speed for a human is generally 20mph or so) that's "superhuman speed."

Who said it is difficult to see him? That's wrong.

whobdamandog
Same thing...the words can be used synonymously..but if you don't believe me..here's the definition for both(go to dictionary.com if you want to validate these definitions..)

quick: Moving or functioning rapidly and energetically; speedy.
fast: Acting, moving, or capable of acting or moving quickly; swift.

Yes I know..its been stated in the MU(It was in either an older version of the handbook..or an official guidebook to SM I once possessed) that he does have "superhuman" speed...I don't know how fast that equates him to when it comes to running/sprinting..but the fact that he has superhuman reflexes, can jump at least 3 stories in the air, and has superhuman strength would undoubtly support this notion...In addition to this..many of the opponents he has faced on a regular basis consistantly point this out as well...

The X-men..(Secret Wars)
Iron Man 2020..(stated SM was lighting quick..couldn't touch him)
Thor(Eric Masterson version..described him as a blurr)
Wolverine(Can't remember what comic it was in..)

to name a few...

savagerampage
spiderman wins easily

illadelph12
I've already said I think T'Challa would win. I just want to add for all the people accounting Spiderman's superior strength and speed against BP that he wears a vibranium armor suit which is basically the world's best shock absorbing material. The pop from Spiderman's punches and kicks will be diffused on impact. They'll still have force, but it will be exponentially less impactful than they would be normally. You add that to BP's own heigtened agility, reflexes, speed, and martial arts mastery, and BP could go toe to toe with Spiderman in calculated exchanges. All he would have to do is parry and counter with the Vibranium claws he has on his suit and injure Spiderman to take away a bit of his speed, then pull out one of his sonic weapons to effect Spiderman's equilibrium and the playing field is very levelled.

who?-kid
Huh ?

I really think you confuse SM with Batman. Spider-Man has ALWAYS been more or less the same character, and it certainly didn't take long for the first superhero to make an appearance.

If there are characters who get pumped up from time to time, or who fight larger than life villains they in theory just can't handle, than Batman is your man. And the same goes a little bit for Black Panther.

Other characters who received some extras (powerwise): Hulk, Thor, Invisible Girl, Thing, Thanos, Wolverine, Gambit, Colossus, Black Panther, Sabretooth, Roughhouse, Electro and the majority of the rest of the Marvel Universe.

Spider-Man is one of the few with still the same powers and enemies (more or less of course).

Yes he is, he's the one most people underestimate. But he's still no real match for Spider-Man.

A bit faster than human average ?? He IS superhuman fast, not of course QS level, but still very fast and quick. I don't know how fast he can run though, and frankly I don't care, I'm talking about his reflexes, the way he moves, fights, bounces all over the place, that IS superhuman fast.

Lord-of-Dreams
You are generally right. But you forgot SM in your list of super-pumped guys wink :P!! You might not have noticed it, but I don't really blame you. I didn't know BP was pumped (if he really even is...). Anyway, You were right about SM's reflexes being extremely fast, but I was talking about running speed. He would have to get to BP before doing this 'blitz' thing. BP is not ultimate or anything, but he's no slouch. He's a bloody genius!! And yes, I know that Parker is as well, but trust me, he doesn't hold up a candle.

StrawNilla
Spidey having reflexes 30-40 times faster than a human and She-Hulk lifting 200 tons are two completely different things.

There IS proof that Spidey has 30-40 reflexes faster than the average human, there is no proof to support She Hulk's case....you just can't accept, and you can't prove me wrong. There's already a link supporting it (or two) and I've already provided a thesis that you haven't been able to prove wrong yet. Granted, I did not provide the link....granted, someone else did....granted, I provided a thesis to support it...granted, you didn't prove it wrong.

Sooo....that's Me: 1, Never: 0.

As for your claim that BP could walk all over Spidey with prep time, Reading Should Be Fundamental (but in some cases such as yours, it isn't.) I clearly stated that Spidey could speedblitz BP at the starting bell, no trap would go undetected by Spidey, and obviously BP ain't hittin' Spidey with or without projectiles (spidey sense becomes this)....and he could just wait it out until an opening comes for Spidey to close in for the kill. Have you proved this wrong? Nah, at least, I didn't see a case in which you did.

And please, whatever statements I may have made in this or other posts directed at you that you may have taken as an insult, don't get fumed over it. They're just arguments, nothing personal.

I say this because I DO NOT care for turning this into another Spidey VS. DD, Cap. America, and Wolverine debate thing.

StrawNilla
That doesn't matter in a Comic Book versus board fight.

Spidey holds back with the Kingpin as well as an assortment of peak humans (and Kraven, if not, he should've BEEN jelly)......in comics. This ISN'T comics, it's a fight with comic book characters, but a characters philosophy on life and death does not matter here.

StrawNilla
Never said he was QS speed, just as no one ever said that QS was as agile, maneuverable, elastic, perceptive, etc. as Spidey. He's not.

Spidey has superhuman equilibrium and reflexes as well as being superhumanly fast, agile, durable, enduring, willed, etc. BP is not. Really, calling Spidey speed just above human average is as illogical as saying QS's or Speed Demon's running speed is just above the human average. Spidey's stronger in areas where most if not all comic book characters and Marvel and DC are not, who else could bounce around numerous projectiles and attacks after being notified of their happenings instances before they occur like Spidey could? No one, including BP.

Becuase there's having peak agility and Spidey's agility.

Spidey's agility and reflexes coupled up to act as one, as part of his own unique fighting methods (style) has helped him to hold his own against characters as powerful as the Hulk for immensely extended periods of time, going into speedball mode he's driven Thor to whip out the hammer. He's a regular in the department of team wrecking, he's made SWAT teams, a terrorist, as well as other armed gunmen and expert marksmen look like ametuers even when utilizing precision targeting. There has been teams on entirely different levels such as the X-Men and the FF to go up against Spidey and fail. Many established and put together supervillains have gone mad trying to combat the guy, his elusiveness alone have consumed their thoughts.

Peak agility and reflexes are on a much, much, much, much, much, much lower level (and I do not consider myself exaggerating in saying so). With these, one is lucky to get around one or two well put together gunmen at a time, and a SWAT team would (and should...this is minus PIS) down them easily. Dodging lasers and pumpkin bombs thrown at them by a superhuman are out of the question. Granted, the average person would have a most excrutiating time trying to touch someone with agility reflexes on these levels, but it wouldn't be flat out impossible, especially when one does not have pre-cog.

So, you can take this as you please. I consider it more fact than opinion, but it's up to you to think this way or to the contrast.

StrawNilla
By the by, thank you greatly for your last statement Lord-Of-Dreams.

It did not go unappreciated. smile

Lord-of-Dreams
Well,although you are wrongwink it's true. You presented some decent stuff. Not all that 'spiderman is stronger than BP' crap. So don't mention it smile

But really, you are underestimating BP. Hugely. Spidey has caused F4 troubles. I know. I respect that. But did he actually beat them?? Like BP?? I dunno...
And BP is no swat team, dude. He is a hardcore ass wupper!!! On Spidey's level for sure. He has extremely high levels in every region. Especially brains.
"Really, calling Spidey speed just above human average is as illogical as saying QS's or Speed Demon's running speed is just above the human average."
This statement is implying that Spidey is just as fast as QS/Speed Demon. Think about it. Take a second... *ding!* Matter fact, take four B. And think before... ahhh, Pharell...

StrawNilla
Spidey is faster than BP. Fast enough, agile enough, maneuverable enough, poised enough, and perceptive enough to rush BP and blitz him into submission or defeat.

Bp's not on Spidey's level, more like below them. All of his abilties are on an enhanced level, and "enhanced" is no testiment to Spidey's abilties AT ALL. Spidey's abilities are on the level of a high-end superhuman to low-end metahuman, this is thanks to his mutation that makes him half-man half-spider. I can't think of any attack that BP could execute that would go undetected by Spidey. And by "Spidey speed" I meant in the field of reflexes, perceptiveness, maneuverability, and speed in general combined, so, yes, saying that "Spidey speed" is just above the human average is saying that QS os Speed Demon's running speeds are just above average.

Tron
Actually, it does matter in here. It's assumed that they're fighting "in-character" unless the starter of the thread says otherwise.

StrawNilla
Well, it's not like Spidey being "in-character" means he going to just stand there and take the attacks.

Spidey in-character has been klnown to knock down and even knock out some guys (like Punisher) with one punch each.

demigawd
Black Panther takes this fairly easily. He wouldn't win a straight up hand-to-hand fight, but he'd pretty much go Doom on Spider-Man and come up with some plot that turns everything Spider-Man does against him. BP may not even be in the battlefield until the end...

dami wilson
HA! AND HA HA to you my friend!

Tron
I didn't say all that now did I? I simply said that we're not talking about Spider-Man killing anyone because he's considered "in-character" in this thread, that's all.

StrawNilla
I never said you did say that, I was making my OWN point.

StrawNilla
He couldn't duplicate most if not all the high-level feats Spidey accomplishes fairly easily, and tell me how is BP supposed to turn every little movement (especially the speedblitz) against him?

Especially with the spider sense, the superior reflexes, the superior agility, the superior strength, the superior durability, the superior speed....and it's not like Spidey's going to be dumb and walk in to any of his traps. He'll be warned quite a time before he stumbles onto a trap aligned with an inticate electrical pattern or something of a lesser, or more hazardous extent and avoid it.

Spidey could take the physicality of BP, thanks to the enhancement in bone structure or (if you prefer) the strength of it. Standing fight or not, if BP closes in for a heymaker, Spidey could snatch him into a bear hug for a quick submission, or swat him off to the side....better yet, he could latch onto BP's flying form and swing him around into a wall or far off into the surrounding open area.

demigawd
But that's the thing. Black Panther would know how to use SP-s weakness against him. Based on the battle rules, they have working knowledge of each other's powers, which means that BP knows that Spider-Man has spider-sense. Clever enemies have used that to their advantage before by misdirecting him from multiple angles, confusing him, overwhelming his spider-sense and then clocking him. BP could simply employ that strategy, then while SM is disoriented, come in and slice him. It only takes one claw strike.

who?-kid
1. BP may know Spider-Man has some kind of extra sense, but it isn't as simple as you think it is to disable it.

2. Spider-Man still remains faster, stronger, more agile and more experienced than BP. And still has his web too by the way.

demigawd
It's not disabling his Spider-sense. It's turning it into a liability instead of an asset.

I think of BP as a super-genius Kraven with better equipment. I think of BP as a smarter Batman and Spider-Man as a weaker Superman. I think of the results being the same.

who?-kid
I think of BP as a mini Spider-Man.

StrawNilla
No it doesn't take "only one" claw strike. That's a common misconception, thinking Spidey's durability is just above the average. It's much, much more that. Even if Spidey is disoriented, it's not like it makes him any weaker, just unfocused, maybe that will SLIGHTLY make the force of BP's attack more of what it's cracked up to be, but that will do far from KO him. Spidey'll just shake it off (if he sees the need for such a motion) and spring back into action with numerous "bob and weave" attacks.

All it takes is one punch to knock BP off his game, two (if Spidey is hoding back THAT much) to knock him out or keep him disoriented for a long, long time.

StrawNilla
Besides, it would take alot of gadgets in BP's ploy to disorient Spidey that much.

What's to say that Spidey won't get in the first attack? He KNOWS BP is no Kingpin or anyone like that, he's not scared of him mind you, but he knows NOT to hold back as much as he would with any average joe. Knowing Spidey has common sense, he'll probably go for the major stun attack, or KO. It depends.

Blade Cutter
OK look I think Black Panther is one of the tightest Hero's out the but with out prep time he just can't win this one.All the more powerful people he beat with out prep was because he was able to thank up a plan wile fighting because he was faster and more agile then them letting him bey him self time wile avoiding getting hit. In a fight against Spider-man he will not have time to thank of a plane because his speed and agility advantage is gone.NEVER I can tell you where Spider-man run faster then 75 mph in a comic in (Strange Tales Annual #2 the Amazing Spider-man face to face with the Human Torch)When Spider-man ran down and past up on foot a guy using a rocket jets and wheels on his shoes and said in the he was moving as fast as a rocket Spider-man ketches up with him and then runs in front of him and cuts him off then says(they don't call me Spider-man for nothing chump!).He all so run up the side of a building faster the the Torch could fly up it in that comic.

Blade Cutter
Spider-man also beat the FF in his second comic without prep time.

JWangSDC
Spiderman

LordFear
bBP

leonidas
seems some of the mainstreamers/old timers don't always get the respect they might deserve in this forum (ie - check out the cap v lion-o thread!). i think BP is awesome but if spidey decided to really cut lose he'd put the kitty cat to sleep. he's beyond him in all physical areas, and though BP is probably a better planner/strategist (i say probably because spidey's been in and survived thousands of scraps with some of the heaviest hitters around - off the top of my head he beat superboy by using his brains) than spidey, so that leaves BP's only real advantage in his gadgets and i don't think that would be enough. i could easily see BP taking him down if spidey had no idea BP was looking for him, but face to face, gotta go with the webhead.

Silverknight
Black Panther has superior fighting skills, gadgets, and a suit that is made of Vibranium which can absorb sidermans punches considerably. I give it to Panther.

Blade Cutter
Panthers suit only slows down the momentum of metal objects like bullets knifes steel poles and swords.The only hope he has of slowing down spideys punches is if the web shooters on his wrist slow him down but that will not save Black Panther from a Spider-man kick.People learn about the suit it only stops metal not every thing that is thrown at him.

leonheartmm
get real, spidey takes it.

Quick Freeze
is this a joke??? i read the 1st 3 pages and got so frusturated because most of it is for black panter!!! please tell me this is a joke! do i have to tell you spidey's powers??? compare them to a "better" batman and really think about it guys (if you actually have to to figure out this no-brainer)!!!!! spider-man has conquered much more incredible feats than bp can ever hope to come close to. if you give TWO black panther's a MONTH of prep time spidey will finish them in minutes! there is absolutely NO WAY IN HECK black panther can win this! he's a great character and a cool concept but PLEASE dont put him up against spider-man. it's embarrassing.

lifeisaglich
I am leaning more towards the side of Black panther mainly because of his ability to come with quick plans to take down powerful foes in the heat of battle.

But if he chooses to confront spiderman head on like he does with most of the people of that he fights then he is probably going to lose.

Black panther has also done a lot of incredible feats in and on it self.

Mainstream
BP Black Power!!!!!!blackpanther

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>