A little quiz for you....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

big gay kirk
guess who....

Born around the time of the Emperor Augustus in the middle east, I was the son of a popular god.... as a child I preched in the temple, to the bewilderment of both the priests, and the humans who were my earthly parents... when I grew to adulthood, I performed many miracles, including walking on water, turning water into wine, and feeding thousands of my followers with only enough food for a few... later i was tempted by an evil spirit, but triumphed.... when I had been on this earth for about thirty years, I was put to death, but came back to life and was taken into heaven by my godly father, after promising to return and take my faithful followers to paradise... the exact time and date of my birth is open to question, but festivals were held around December time, and all, from slave to noble, were welcome to attend my services...

Who am I??

(/spoiler)Mithras, son of the Sun(/spoiler)

big gay kirk
damn... the spoiler didn't work properly....

big gay kirk
but then, thats life.....

finti
you shouldnt have put the / in the first spoiler thingie of yours, and it aint ( it is [ <-(altgr 8)

debbiejo
I read the book "Too long in the Sun" that talked about Mithras..It was very good. smile

finti
I read the bible it was bad

debbiejo
How bad was it?? Or maybe it was too scary for you....

Adam_PoE
More like it is scary how bad it is.

debbiejo
laughing You never cease to amaze me.

What is the topic here anyway??

finti
scary thing is how people are able to believe the stuff in it

Jury
I am more concerned of the unity of my people rather than with the church matter. I am not happy of the delay of what is going on with the council for now. Because of that I have to make my own decision. From now on, I hereby declare that it shall be the Roman Church offical doctrine that Jesus Chirst is God.

Who am I?

Jackie Malfoy
I have no idea.JM confused laughing

finti
a raving lunatic?

debbiejo
Early church (Catholic) fathers??? Council of Nicia, trent or something?

WindDancer
Soooo what now? Give it another question or forget i? confused

Bardock42
this one is easy:

"To go against conscience is neither right nor safe. I cannot, and I will not recant. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. "

Bardock42
Oh yes by the way, I am not sure but was that Constantine the Great?

big gay kirk
Martin Luther... the fact that he suffered from chronic constipation all his life lends another meaning to the words, "here I stand, I can do no other..."

big gay kirk
That explains a lot.... i failed A level maths cos of not being able to tell brackets apart....

debbiejo
Yep, Martin Luther big grin

ARC Trooper 117
These are too easy:
Who is: "ha-Shatan"?

What does this mean: "Mi-kha 'el?"

Who is: "Gabriy 'el"?

Who is: "Yehoshua ben Yoseph"?

Who/What is: "Yaweh"?

What does this mean: "Adonai"?

Who/What is this, & what does it mean: "Azra 'el"?

Jury
Yep... it was Emperor Constantine... who called the Roman Church bishops and officials to confer in Nicaea. smile

debbiejo
Here's a question...This should be an easy one.....

Who changed the day of worship from The Sabbath (Saturday) to Sunday???

finti
the first barfly, so that he could use that day to sleep while his wife was in church

debbiejo
Incorrect... laughing out loud

Bardock42
Oh I am nopt sure I think it was some early Church founding fatrhers though that wanted to break away from the jewish traditions

Bardock42

big gay kirk
Yehoshua ben Yoseph is of course the aramaic form of jesus son of Joseph.... which is what he would have been called in his own language.... he was also Jeshu bar Nagara (sometimes mistranslated bar Nazara...) which is Joshua the Carpenter's son.... which leads us to....

"Carpenter" was first century Judeaen slang for which profession??

ARC Trooper 117
-As big gay kirk said, Yehoshua ben Yoseph means "Jesus son of Joseph" in Aramaic.
-Yaweh is god, formed from the letters of the Tetragrammation (sp?), basically holy letters....from which was derived the Latin interpretation Jehovah.
-Adonai = "My Lord", used instead of the holy and mostly unspeakable Yaweh.
-Azrael: Yes, he was/is one of the Muslim Angles of Death, and he also has had a prominent role in several other religious articles...as well as Batman. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.