Mario versus Sonic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Who would prevail in this epic duel of the century?

SnakeEyes
BUMP

Time Of Evil
Do you mean who would win in a fight or who do we prefer as a character?

SnakeEyes
Who would win in a fight....of the century

Jason420
Sonic

SaTsuJiN
I think mario defeated bowser way more than sonic defeated Eggman.. but in my opinion its an even call.. they both got pretty elite power ups

Smasandian
Mario is the better character, but in a fight, well Sonic has super speed, but then Sonic, if he hits Mario loses all his coins and you know how much Mario likes his coins.

I think Mario then.

Punk Tiger
It's obveriously Sonic, I mean, he beats bad guys, all he's got to do is beat a plumber...what can Mario actually do? I like Mario but loooove Sonic! Mario punches, kick, belly flops & jumps on bad guys heads. Sonic has speed and power, he can go into Super Sonic & he's tough!

Smasandian
Can sonic fly?

Or teleport?

Or Mario doesnt beat bad guys?
What Mario game did you play.

All Mario has to do is get a star/flower/ turn into a tin man and Sonic is doomed. Sure, Sonic is fast, but he gets hurt when he hits into enemies and if Mario has the star well, Sonic is dead.

Lord Ryugen
Funnily enough I don't think it matters if Mario uses his metal form. Sonic spends his free time cannonballing through robots. if you ask me Sonic should take this fight. The calibure of enemies he fights (Robots, giant robots, giant superpowered lifeforms. Shadow) are superior to Mario's bad guys (Mushrooms, turtles, fish, fire breating dino turtles.) So Sonic takes this but it'll be some fight.

Smasandian
But robots arent solid metal. Mario in tin man form, cant move, no matter how fast Sonic is.
Sonic only has speed and once taken away, he wont have anything else.

Punk Tiger
Yeah yeah but come on! Tin man? Yeah sure, Sonic will be like, "Oh no, tin man, I am so doomed... my super strong speed, punches, kicks, smashes aren't enough for him, oh no."

Yeah, whatever... a flower? Sonic would be too fast. And no he can't fly but nither can Mario until he gets the power (just like Super Sonic, he can fly) and Sonic has the speed to go high distences anyway.

What do you have to say now?

Smasandian
Tin man = solid thing of steel or other highly strong metal
Flower = can shoot fireballs out of his hands and you would probably be too hot to touch.
Sonic is fast but he is fragile. Spikes and robots if he hits them, kills him. So, Mario will become a metal dude, and boom when Sonic hits him, he loses his coins.

Dont give me attitude, im just defending Mario.

SaTsuJiN
Unfortunately... while I'd like to agree.. it would all come down to this :

Super Sonic vs Star Mario... and then we wouldnt get anywhere cuz they cant hurt eachother lol

Smasandian
Hahaha, true.

Lord Ryugen
I'd go with Super Sonic. As long as he's got 50 plus rings he'll out last Mario's star.

nigel45
Falling into holes and getting touched the wrong way by mushrooms kills Mario. They have pretty much the same weakness in their basic forms, so it comes down to this: can a little Italian guy whose only attack would be jumping on his opponents head vs. a Hedgehog that moves alot faster than him and can spin through his opponents, as well as jump on their heads. Power-ups would change things obviously, but they have virtually the same powerups as well (each have modes where they become invincible, etc.). I'm new to this particular forum though, so is there a rule allowing and/or restricting power-ups?

Punk Tiger
What kind of would just fall in a hole, that's a stupid death...

Sonic would be too fast to be touched my lightning let alone a fire flower... and I'm only defending Sonic OK

That is actually true, Mario's star doesn't last long, Sonic has plenty of time wink

Lord Ryugen
Face it who you gonna go for in a fight, a plumber who spends his time jumping on Turtles and Mushrooms. or a Hedgehog who spends his time bouncing through robots, some of which are so large Sonic is actually at ankle height.

Punk Tiger
No way *cough*

ChickinMeat
Wow, never noticed this sub forum before.

My votes goto sonic, hes got spikey spikes, which spin at a high velocity, which equals death.

PunisherFan33
mario

Punk Tiger
You will all say Sonic now! bash chair giljotiini hang sniper

ragesRemorse
It doesnt matter how fast sonic can run if he has a fireball up his ass

Smasandian
Can Sonic catch mario when he is flying also?

nigel45
Well if Mario gets his winged hat, then Sonic gets all his trampolines. And what is Mario going to do once his powerup runs out?

SaTsuJiN
flight hat doesnt run out.. its like a hang glider.. you'd have to jump off a high peak to get good air

Lord Ryugen
Not really that useful then...unless Sonic kicks his ass off a cliff or something.

seriph
lets face it all mario has going for him is a hammer... i would go for sonic because mario just seems week

Lord Ryugen
Well if hge get's the racoon suit he can turn into a statue but really now. Sonic tears him apart then feeds his corpse to the Chao's

Punk Tiger
laughing

Tekno Boy
Sonic would kick Mario's backside easily. All Mario needed was one hit to go down back in the old days, while Sonic had his rings to protect him. Now, Mario has a health bar and a water pistol to defend himself with and Sonic has a homing attack and doesn't lose as many rings when he is hit.

Tekno Boy
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
I'd go with Super Sonic. As long as he's got 50 plus rings he'll out last Mario's star.

Yeah, but Sonic would need all 7 Chaos Emerald to do so.

I know that I just said that Sonic would beat Mario. I'm just saying that Sonic would need the Chaos Emeralds, Whereas Mario just needs to hit a block and he's got a star.

Still, Sonic can out run Mario so...

Sonic all the way

Tekno Boy
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It doesnt matter how fast sonic can run if he has a fireball up his ass

He'd be running pretty fast if he has a fireball up his ass. laughing out loud

Lord Ryugen
The fireball wouldn't hit him in the first place, its not face and has a nice bouncy pattern to exploit. The best Mario can hope for is a draw and thats if he's lucky...really lucky.

John Bak'or
dude sonic has survived blast that obliterates practically everything (shadow's chaos blast. shadow couldn't last 5 seconds trying to hold back before blasting sonic up the arse with one of these) sonic'll speed blitz (to con supes/flash's moves) mario to tiny peices. then he'll begin the fight and realise there's nothing left to do and go home.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by Smasandian
Can sonic fly?

Or teleport?

Or Mario doesnt beat bad guys?
What Mario game did you play.

All Mario has to do is get a star/flower/ turn into a tin man and Sonic is doomed. Sure, Sonic is fast, but he gets hurt when he hits into enemies and if Mario has the star well, Sonic is dead.

Super Sonic, Hyper Sonic, Chaos Control, Sonic Wind, Lightspeed Attack, Homing Attack, Spin Dash, Super Soinc Speed, need I go on?

thegmeister53
Mario + Star= Sonic dead.

ESB - 1138
You mind telling how? Sonic wins this fight with his great speed and he can just freeze time using Chaos Control if he wanted to.

Lord Ryugen
Doesn't he need at least one Chaos emerald to do that, either way it doesn't matter, Star Mario can't be hurt. Unfortuantely he's not fast enough to catch Sonic who'll just keep out of his range till the star runs out. Then Mario dies.

John Bak'or
yes but he might as well have all 7 and turn supersonic even though he doesnt need them.

swedish_bum
Stupid thread anyway...

Sonic x 20
I like both Mario and Sonic, but my Vote goes to my Main Blue Hedgehog Sonic!!!!!!!!!! big grin big grin cool cool

John Bak'or
hmm

Faroth
Here's how I see the fight:

Mario: Mama mia!
Sonic: *Runs around the arena*
Mario: *Loosens hat*
Sonic: *Trips and starts tumbling on the ground*
Mario: ... Mama mia!
Sonic: Ah, f*** it. *Runs around Mario, punching him on all sides.
Mario: Okie dok- Oh s***
*Pwnage*

Son of Man
Even if Mario blasted that gay ass fire attack, Sonic can just use his insta-shield, then saw off Mario's head.

Think about it. Mario fights turtles, fish, and a huge turtle.

Sonic fights Final-Hazard, fights Shadow (who would kill any Mario charecter.) and plenty of machines. Sonic wins.

MadMel
yep

Sonic x 20
Don't forget that Sonic also Fought Perfect Chaos as well and Defeated Him!!!!!!!!!! big grin big grin cool cool

Inspectah Deck
Sonic wins easily

It's not Mario would actually touch Sonic even if he does get a flower/feather/star/etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.