Why Don't Jedi Wait!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jard_Dooku
Why don't jedi wait and fight against the sith together?
If Yoda and Obi-wan had fought Sidious together they may have won,
If Qui-Gon had stalled Maul to wait for obi before the forcefields they might have won,
If Anakin had gone in with obi against Dooku they may have won...

mossman
Well, I don't think it really works like that when you are fighting for your life.
Obi and Qui-Gon do face Maul together - after they are separated, Qui-Gon probably would rather Obi was back at his side, but he's hardly going to stand there saying "please don't hit me - just hang on!" is he?

If Ani hadn't have rushed in against Dooku? - well that is a plot point that has more to do with Ani specifically than Jedi in general.

And would Obi and Yoda really have been able to defeat Sidious?
Something only the chosen on seems able to achieve...?
I wouldn't be so sure...

Ushgarak
Drama.

mossman
LOL - yeah, and that, I suppose... stick out tongue

RottenDarthOne
Yoda Vs. Sidious

We haven't actually seen that one yet, but I'm guessing Yoda figured he could take care of business.

bilb
Wouldnt have much of a PT if they had waited..... wink

Darth_Nefarus
Sidious is too powerful for anyone but Anakin, there's no point in denying it any further. However, if anyone or any two could, Yoda and Obi-Wan together might have been able to.

BAILY
The Jedi are too headstrong and arrogant.... they think they can do everything themselves... and Mace Windu is stupid for bringing three pussy Jedi to confront Sidious with him.... he did more damage than they ever could... And it is possible that Sidious could take on ten Jedi at once.... Spoilers suggest Sidious hasnt wielded his saber in some time.... so he took advantage of it in ROTS..... and he goes all nuts on Mace and co....

CountQuan
George Lucas wanted the battles to be that way. George Lucas doesnt think the battles would be fair if Obi and Ani fought Dooku, etc...

Jard_Dooku
alright cheers for clearing that up guys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.