Nightwing Vs Spiderman At the Circus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Max Spidey 24
They both Get 30 min Prep Time Then fight in the circus. I think Nightwing Would Barley beat Spiderman At the Circus. Since Batman could beat Spiderman Then At the circus Nightwing is more agile than bats so he could swing off crap just like spidey,plus Nightwing has gadgets and crap.

KharmaDog
Nightwing has nowheres the agility of spiderman.

Spiderman kicks his ass most severely.

Mainstream
with prep time like his "daddy" Nightwing could stand a chance and his gagets too.

StrawNilla
Batman can't beat Spidey. Especially in a standing fight. Besides a spider sense that warms him of impending attacks instances before they occur and agility to match, he's also got the strength to break Bats in half (literally), endurance to outlast him in a battle and reflexes accompanied with the spider sense to help him dodge his attacks.

Spidey could beat Nightcrawler as well even if the setting is at a circus. Especially since Spidey has had experience fighting in the air with the likes of the Goblins and the Vulture, both of whom are quite a bit faster and more maneuverable in the air than Nightcrawler. He also has experience when dealing with heights and swinging from objects high in the air, the guy does it on a a day-to-day basis. And Spdey could sense attacks with the gadgets and prepare to dodge them, then of course he is faster than NC, and more agile, and stronger, and more perceptive, and more enduring, and stronger-willed. These and other reasons besides Spidey just speedblitzing the guy faster than he could teleport away and pummeling him to the dirt, are possible alternatives he could use when dealing with NC.

StrawNilla
Edit: Sorry, I thought it was Nightcrawler at first, man, my bad.

Well that only makes things more simpler. Spidey all the way.

Max Spidey 24
Nightwing at his home like place the circus with gadgets could handle spidey barly though.

Never
I like Spidey, but this would be a lot closer than many believe.

StrawNilla
Yeah, I know. Read the thread title too fast . embarrasment

Anyway Spidey wins quite soundly. More maneuverable in the air, on the ground, stronger, faster, more perceptive, more durable, stronger-willed, I am really starting to tire of posting all of this. I'll leave it at Spidey wins and go from there.

Never
Might want to brush up on your Dick Grayson knowledge.

Mainstream
who said Batman couldn't take Spidey.....I know I got off topic but who said it?

StrawNilla
Might want to REAAALLLY brush up on your Spidey knowledge.

StrawNilla
I did.

Max Spidey 24
We all know Batman Could beat Spidey in different situations and vice versa for Spidey . But this is Nightwing at the cicus witch would beat Spidey By His pure Skill. Spidey is sick but he loses barley.

Never
Not much more to brush up on. Only been collecting Spiderman since Gwen Stacey was murdered.

Am a Spiderman fan and know that he SHOULD come out victorious, but there is no way in hell that it would be easy. Dick Grayson is Spiderman's equal in all save reflexes and strength.

You were saying...?

Mainstream
I could go with that....most of the time I'd say Spidey would be a "regular human" but if the regular human is Bruce or Dick grayson that's a whole nuther story homies.

SnakeEyes
Nightcrawler would be more of an agility match with Spidey

Mainstream
agreed Snakeyes and Yooooooooooooo Joooooooooooooe!

Max Spidey 24
Yeah Probaly but this is not Nightcrawler Its Nightwing.

DarkCrawler
Pfft. Nightwing is the BEST acrobat in DC universe.

Mainstream
true...he could out flip even his "dad" Batman.

Max Spidey 24
Spide Sense doesnt save spidey here if Nightwing Throws More Than a couple stuff while they bot are on the circus wires doing flips in mid air.

Mainstream
da da da da da da da da da da (circus music) if Nightwing can fight half as good as his "daddy" he'd take out Spidey.

StrawNilla
Spidey dodging multiple prjectiles in the air while on webbing was and is like a routine for him, he already has the experience with dealing with dodging projectiles in abundance. And being faster, more agile, stronger, more durable, more enduring et., etc. than Nightwing, he shouldn't have a problem with the guy oin hand-to-hand.

Besides, Nightwing is a human, and Spidey has reflexes 30-40 times faster than a human. Alot of people underestimate Spidey in these types of fights because of the claim that he doesn't have the "skill." Believe me, if Nightwing had the experience and skills Spidey had in the air, and taht's not to mention his abilities, then he'd be much better off. We're talkin' about a guy who's had over 40 years real world time in swinging from a thread from very high spots in the air. Plus the guy swing really fast thanks to maneuverability, sometimes faster than the cars on the road below.

Mainstream
Nightwing would still kick his webs.

StrawNilla
Spidey has a unique fighting style of his own that, according to a Marvel handbook guide, "no one can match." That's thanks to a combination of reflexes and agility no one in the Marvel and/or DC brands can match, including Nightcrawler. That factored in with his strength, speed, spider sense that senses attacks instances before they occur, durability enough to shrug off blows from Nightcrawler and his projectiles, and that's only in the highly unlikely event that Nightwing actually can keep up and hit the guy.

StrawNilla
That's all you've got? Come on now, if Rogue the X-Man couldn't "kick" his webs along with a long lines of Marvel's heroes and villains aloke, then what makes you think that a normal human no matter how skilled, could?

Max Spidey 24
If the shocker gave Spiderman trouble then any one can.

Mainstream
Thanks for the backup dude.

StrawNilla
Edit: I think I know what you mean by "webs" Mainstream.

And that has a high unlikelihood of happening in any scenery.

Mainstream
I'm a huge fan of both but Nightwing fighting skill and gagets could even this fight up and they did get prep time right?

StrawNilla
Uh, Shocker's a chump off the street who got lucky and found some gloves that can really pack a punch.

If Spidey gave the Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer, The X-Men, The FF, and Thanos trouble on multiple occasions, don't you find it quite odd that a guy like Shocker who basically shoots streams of energy at Spidey could possibly give him trouble? Spidey should've danced around his attacks all day until he got tired and blitzed the guy. Leaving him KO'ed and ready for the police.

who?-kid
I always compared Nightwing from DC with Beast from Marvel when talking about agility. Beast is more agile, but not that much. Nightwing can be awesome from times, but Spider-Man still takes this.

And not disrespecting Nightwing, but Spider-Man will only have it a bit difficult when underestimating Nightwing and holding back.

Max Spidey 24
Nightwing Would struggle in the fight but at the circus he could beat Spidey just by cutting his webs as Nightwing swings on the circus wires and then throw a barage of Nightarangs(w/e the hell they are called) to take the match.

Spidey Gets caught off guard but Spidey Sense makes him dodge 5 of the ten Nightarangs Nighwing threw. Nightwing could throw ten or maybe more depending if Hes using the disks witch fits between each of his fingers are just mini bombs.

Never
One, he is not faster. Two, he MIGHT be more agile, but that is arguable. Three, how is he more durable?

Four, his reflexes are not 30-40x times faster than a human's. Such exaggeration -- I thought you knew about Spidey?

Try 15x faster, and that comes into the equation if he is far enough away. He cannot dodge bullets at gunpoint, but Daredevil has deflected them with his Billy Club at close range.

Mainstream
Never is right 15x faster than normal...Spidey fast but he's no QuickSliver.

StrawNilla
Sorry, I don't think that's a useful alternative he could turn to.

Besides the fact that Spidey's agility was too good for any martial art, his fighting style can't be matched, it's been proven over the course of 40 years worth of characters and above, none have had a fighting style as unique and as useful as Spidey's.

His durability, strength, speed, agility, perceptiveness, and strong-will among other things would really boost his chances againsta regular human in the field of combat. What people fail to realize is that even if their gadgetry is really advanced, the spider sense can warn them of their use in combat instances before they are used. The guy has reflexews 30-40 times faster than that of a human to dodge attacks from just about every angle, agility Spidey uses to dance around everything from gunshots to galactic energy blasts. My point is, when you take all of Spidey's abilities into perspective, then there really isn't any point to use projectiles, and hand to hand is nothing new to Spidey, he could just speedblitz Nightwing faster than he could counter or react to it. I don't care what kind of skill he has, unless he's someone like Supes or Flash or someone who can turn themselves intagible in the blink of an eye, you ain't gonna avoid a speedblitz courtesy of Spidey, I can't see how he could.

StrawNilla
There was a page displaying Spidey fighting the Hul,k and Spidey said it himself that he had reflexes 30-40 times faster than a human. It came from the guy himself. Not some random comic book fan, but the comic, it's not an exaggeration.

StrawNilla
Sorry, forgot to add this, but his spider sense coupled with his reflexes without it make them 30-40 times faster than a human, I should've made that clear.

Never
And Gladiator said that his eye beams can reignite stars.

Wolverine says "I'm the best at what I do."

And...?

Spidey's bio states ~15x faster than a human's.

His reflexes are not 30-40x faster than a human's.

"Spider-Man's overall metabolic efficiency has been greatly increased, and the composition of his skeleton, inter-connected tissues, and nervous system have all been enhanced. Spider-Man's musculature has been augmentedso that he can lift (press) about 10 tons. His reflexes are faster than an average human by about a factor of 15 (he is often able to dodge bullets, if he is far enough away)."

Marvel Universe, and he has not been retconned.

StrawNilla
And obviously Never, you really don't read Spidey comics as often as you should for a debate, at least get your information from a site if you don't want to read the comics.

He is faster, he can run up to speeds of 100mph, he can dodge bullets when far enough away, and that distance doesn't have to be too widespread mind you, especially with the spider sense, he could dodge multiple bullets at POINT BLANK RANGE with the spider sense. DD doesn't even have Spidey speed much less Spidey reflexes so, him blocking bullets with a billy club is just a bad example.

He is more durable, obviously. He shrugs off Ock's tentacles, Rhino's charges, trades punches with Venom, Carnage, and multiple Goblins, he's dented steel doors when thrown into them, he shakes of being thrown into and through brick walls, I could go on and on about how much more durabale Spidey is than Nightwing.

Mainstream
Spidey can move a hunderd miles an hour...if he's riding on car mabye

StrawNilla
That's his reflex speed without the spider sense. Go ahead, try and prove me wrong. There is nothing that indicates that those are his reflexes with the spider sense, that paragraph doesn't even include the spider sense. Remember, there are plenty of accounts of Spidey dodging bullets at very close to point blank range, Spidey dancing around the Hulk, there's even an account of Spidey going into speedball mode against Thor with Mendelson's mind and becoming a blur, there's an account of Spidey tricking armed gunmen into thinking they were fighting four people instead of one. Nightwing has never done anything from dancing around armed gunmen to dancing around the Hulk, the most he's done is dodge bullets.

who?-kid
Hey, that pic came from me (acting all proud)...!! And Spider-Man still wins by the way.

StrawNilla
On his feet he can run up to speeds of a hundred miles an hour, he'd have to be able to run at those speeds to be able to jump 10 yds. (30 ft.) vertically into the air.

StrawNilla
Thank you.

Mainstream
he can sprint a 100mph for a few feet okay...I'll give you that.

Never
Wrong.

"Spider-Man possesses an extrasensory "danger" or "spider" sensewhich warns him of potential immediate danger by tingling sensation in the back of his skull. The precise nature of this sense is unknown. It appears to be a simultaneous clairvoyant responce to a wide variety of phenomena (everything from falling safes to speeding bullets to thrown punches), which has given several hundredths of a second's warning, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>which is sufficient time for his reflexes to allow him to avoid injury."

See the arrows? Thank you.

Spiderman does not run 100 mph. Stop it.

Show me ONE instance where someone had a gun aimed at Spiderman's chest at point blank range, fired, THEN Spiderman dodged it. You won't. Wonderwoman can do that (she can deflect it); Spiderman cannot.

Amazing how people are taking liberty in interpreting a character's abilities.

And what's this about having to run 100mph to jump 30 yards into the air? That's preposterous. The Hulk can jump INTO ORBIT and cannot run some 100mph.

So much for that example.

StrawNilla
I can't show you that instance but maybe someone else can, he can run up to superhuman speeds otherwise he wouldn't be able to jump as high, it's all about the leg strength here people.

I'm telling you I am not making this stuff up, Spidey did dodge a flurry of gunshots at point blank range when he was sqaurring off with a swat team.

Don't tell me to stop something you can't prove wrong. That's just ignorant.

StrawNilla
And you're right about the Hulk thing, in a Marvel handbook guide it stated that Hulk can run up to speeds of 700 mph, not 100.

StrawNilla
One more thing, sorry about spreading all this stuff out. But reflexes are all about reaction, right? Therefore, when accompanied by the spider sense, his reflex speed or reaction time is greatly increased.

And since his base level reflex speed is 15x that of a human, then the added warning and reaction would indeed increase his reflex or reaction to the impending attack, now I'd be really impressed if you could rebuke this.

Never
LoL -- the onus is not on ME to prove it. You are the one saying that he dodged gunshots at point blank range. Provide us with an issue number? How about a picture? How about even who he was fighting?

LoL, show me one bio ANYWHERE that states that Hulk can run up to the speed of sound. Show me one PICTURE anywhere of Hulk running up to 700 mph. You will not, because you CANNOT.

Reaction time? Odd, in his bio it says that his SPIDER SENSE provides him several hundredth's of a second warning, which ALLOWS him to dodge out of the way via his 15x normal human's reflexes.

You are interpreting his abilities on your own, and incorrectly at that.

And again, show me any bio that says the radioactive spider bite gave him increased RUN SPEED?

Please? I'll give you a week. A month if you need it.

You won't find it.

Max Spidey 24
People dont give Nightwing enough credit. It could be Hulk and Dooms Day Vs Spiderman and alot of people say Spiderman wins because of His Spider Sense so they cant hit him. At least some people here give a good reason why Spidey might win but other dont. Nightwing needs to get more credit.

Cosmic Cube
Anyone realize that Spiderman can jump a hell of alot higher than Nightwing? He could do alot more moves than him while in the air. I say Spiderman wins.

Cosmic Cube
I thought this was an acrobatics contest, not a fight.

Tron
No, it was stated that it's a fight in a circus.

Max Spidey 24
Nightwing is the master at the ccircus so he stands a good chance

StrawNilla
Srank can back me up on Spidey dodging bullets at near point blank range.

And the Hulk thing isn't an issue here, I told you the sources of the informations for Spidey's case and the Hulk's, and you STILL haven't proved me wrong in the matter. You just laughed, no arguments to the contrary there. If you were so passionate on belittering me.....without proving how BP could win (and you haven't still), why not post more proof providing examples on how he couldn't? You will not, because you CANNOT.

And the paragraph on the spider sense never said anything about allowing him to dodge an attack at 15X reflex speed, the part about him having reflexes 15X faster than the average human came earlier, before the spider sense was even mentioned. Looks like you've been caught making stuff up there, pal.

And again, why argue BP's case with a "BP's richer and more resourceful than Batman" when I've provided the "Spidey could simply speedblitz him at the starting bell, a maneuver BP could not counter." Hmm. I guess Never never backs his arguments much when staring logic in the eye.

Well, now I have a compliment for the guys down at the Spidey versus Cap. America, DD, and Wolverine backing the trio. At least they post stuff for me to argue.

StrawNilla
No, there's alot of people who know enough about Spidey to know the difference between him avoiding Hulk and/or Doomsday and actually fighting the brutes.

Nightwing is only given credit for what he can do to Spidey in an actual fight. And seeing that Spidey could unload a speedblitz at the start of the fight, immobilize him with a wide spray of webbing, or simply KO him after springing around thrown projectiles and closing in at breakneck speed with a jab to the skull, there's not much he can do.

StrawNilla
That's when compared to OTHER acrobats that aren't Spidey.

A couple of flips here and there, and he'd steal the show from Nightwing that and any other day. And what with having a built-in warning system that would keep him adept to surprise attacks from Nightwing (assuming Spidey held back) from any angle despite him being unfamilar with the environment, would kepe him on his game alot faster than Nightwing would prefer, or expect.

Nataku8188
People... are actually... debating this?

Give me some good reasons why Nightwing stands a snowball's chance in hell against spider-man, who has defeated Mysterio, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Morbius, escaped from the X-men (Including Nightcrawler), and has lived after encountering both the Hulk and Juggernaut.

Nightwing has... uhm... a stupid costume? Ya...

StrawNilla
I'm glad someone realizes it.

DarkCrawler
Spidey would win.

Mainstream
in theory...but if Dick got Prep time and had enough gear he could squeeze out a victory..believe...mah bro-thas and nightwing orginal costume...the one with the gold..was so gay..his current costume is okay though.

Mace Skywalker
Ill let it slide cuz i know your joking.

Mainstream
I agree with the statement...Nightwing no Batman..but i could see him winning it's not impossible you know.

SPOON
You're right, he can. According to the marvel encyclopedia that I have in my hands right now anyway...

Mainstream
I read it too...I love those books...I hope a FF one comes out before the movie does.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.