Gladiator vs Darksied

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
lets get the fight started

Mainstream
Darksied....that omega beam anit nuthin ta F**k with.

Never
Omega Beams won't work in the Marvel Universe ^^

Not certain if they will even work on a Marvel character, since there is no "Source" in the Marvel Universe.

He tried that with Galactus. Galactus smirked and put him dowwwwn.

kgkg
i think it didn't work on galactus since he is A cosmic entity with way more power that darksied can imagine.

But his omega beam should work on spider-man and other peeps and superheros.

I think it was because galactus is at a high cosmic level

Never
Uh, no, considering John Byrne opined that they are about equal in terms of power.

kgkg
are you saying darksied is equal to galactus?

Mainstream
yeah Never is that what your saying?

Never
Do either of you know exactly who Darkseid is? Are you kidding? LoL, yes he is equal -- and in many eyes, quite a bit more powerful.

Remember that DC characters are, on average, more powerful than your average Marvel characters.

A quote from a bio I dug through:

"Though he often acts through his agents, Darkseid is one of the universe's most powerful beings, possessing near limitless strength and invulnerability. Darkseid's most terrifying power is the "Omega Effect" -- potent beams of energy projected from his eyes that can lock on and trace their chosen targets. When the beams do inevitably connect, they produce one of any number of effects, ranging from disentigration to teleporting the target across time and space."

I mean...LoL, have you read any of the older comics with Darkseid in it? Galactus consumes planets; Darkseid has rearranged an entire cosmos.

And no, you must not know Darkseid. They have been writing him differently.

Re: Marvel having "big dogs," they have about 20. DC has about 130.

Easily.

And I said that JOHN BYRNE, who has written both the Galactus and Darkseid characters, also said that, in HIS opinion, they are about equal.

Mainstream
hey! I know Darkseid and I don't completely agree with your statement...marvel got some "big dogs" too.

kgkg
silver surfer will distroy darksied how is he a match for galactus (someone who created creatures that will eat darksied for lunch)

Galactus has the power to distroy the universe , and darksied got his ass kicked by superman this is too funny can you please explain how his on glactus level)

Even if he was 100 times stonger than superman he will still be no match for galactus.

Do you even know who galactus is.

Yes darksied is one bad mofo but is he a roach compare to galactus

expalin how darksied is equal to galactus other than darkseid is a GOD lmao

Mainstream
Yeah you go kgkg if Darksied struggles against Supes how could he beat big G.

illadelph12
laughing

Silver Surfer could take Darkseid if he wasn't a pacifist. Orion and Superman give Darkseid trouble. Surfer is miniscule compared to a full powered Galactus.

The Omega Beams would be the deciding factor between Darkseid and Gladiator (basically Pre-Crisis Supes with a mohawk and superiority complex). If they work, Darkseid wins easily. If they don't, maybe Darkseid will miraculously for no apparent reason gain the knowledge that Gladiator has a weakness to a rare form of radiation like the Hulk did when they fought (even though Gladiator flies through space under his own power unprotected and through stars, wormholes, stargates, time, etc, is constantly bombarded with known and unknown types of radiation, and has no ill effects).

So Darkseid should win due to Gladiator's obscure 'weakness'.

Never
LoL, someone must be snorting Ajax.

I guess that's why Surfer chose to battle Orion instead of Darkseid in the crossover (only frame of reference that we have)? LoL @ Surfer could take Darkseid.

This is why Darkseid has rearranged entire universes? Darkseid also has a planets FULL of parademons -- forgot about those? Forgot about his Mother Box? His Boom Tubes? The more I think about this, the funnier it gets.

Darkseid losing to Superman is absolutely horrific writing (to hell with the Super Friends version -- let's talk KIRBY'S Darkseid). The only person in the DCU to ever stand up to The Omega Effect is Doomsday...because he cannot die.

Darkseid is a GOD. Silver Surfer is a HERALD (or former herald).

Are you kidding me? He raises his eyebrow and worlds start to tremble!

*shrug* LoL, whatevs.

And no, Gladiator cannot defeat Darkseid. The Hulk stomped the living hell out of GLadiator already.

Mainstream
Gladiator could Never and I mean Never...never,never, never ,never, never, never, never, never beat Darkseid...it anit never gonna happen!

illadelph12
Orion can take Darkseid. He's preordained to do it, right?

kgkg
i think Darksied kick Orion's ass

Mainstream
usually big D does...but one day Orion beat his poppy Darkie...was Darksied sick that day....I don't know but 9 times out of 10 darksied beats Orion...

illadelph12
The prophesy was that Orion would kill Darkseid one day. I can't remember the exact comic though.

The Flash
Darkseid would win.

Beyonder
If we're talking about Pre-Crisis Darkseid than yes. That was basically Darkseid as Kirby intended. However, since this isn't Pre-Crisis Darkseid, he ain't on a hungry Galactus' level.

Full powered Galactus (ex: destroying Galaxies in his battle with full powered Tyrant) > Pre-Crisis Darkseid
Starving Galactus > Post Crisis Darkseid

In that crossover, a hungry Galactus took on Apokolip forces and Darkseid. Darkseid's Omega Effect didn't work on Galactus because Galan an essential to the universe and more powerful as well. The OE can't kill anything that an essential to the universe, therefore, couldn't kill Galactus. After that attack, Galactus sent Darkseid flying. Darksied and his forces couldn't stop a hungry Galactus; hence, Darkseid is not equal to Galactus.

And despite what Byrne said, this crossover and other feats by both characters says otherwise.

In that same crossover, Silver punked Orion, while Darkseid actually was hurting Surfer with his Omega Beams (not Omega Effect).

Gladiator wins 3/10.

eleveninches
Gladiator would not stand a chance against darkie

Beyonder
Neither does Superman and yet Supes pulled out like two wins already. A third beating is probably in the works.

eleveninches
superman is DC's quitessential superhero. He's genetically perfect, so they were obviously going to let him win against darkseid

Beyonder
Batman outwitted Darkseid as well. I mean Wonder Wonder teleported out Supergirl and teleported ashes in place of her. The Omega Effect was tricked, and Darkseid also. It ain't just Superman. The must planner and evil genius god of gods is getting outwitted.

And like I said, Superman beating the f#ck out of Darkseid again is probably in the works right now at DC.

kgkg
ya the reing of darksied is long over now his just a common villian.

He was great now his almost nobody

togoro
even if the omega beams worked in marvel, they would have little effect on gladiator other than daze him for a couple seconds, then he would get really pissed and Darkseid would get really beat down.

Do you know how powerful a confident Gladiator is .
E post crisis supes would be a walk in the park for him.
Imagine what he'd do to Darkseid onced he got pissed.

Oh, he could dodge the cannon with time to spare, but he wouldn't have to cause it won't really do much serious harm to him.

Darkseid loses.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by kgkg
i think it didn't work on galactus since he is A cosmic entity with way more power that darksied can imagine.

But his omega beam should work on spider-man and other peeps and superheros.

I think it was because galactus is at a high cosmic level

Not more power than pre crisis Darksied can imagine. I remember when he used to pluck babies from peoples wombs at birth, alter them and displace them through time with a flick of his fingers.

Xplosive
Darkseid omega beem didn't work, of course it worked, but didn't have effect on Galactus, beacsue Galactus was too powerful. Galactus was laughing his omega beams and sent him away along with his army. And kgkg, Darkseid would smash Silver Surfer. To topic, Darkseid wins over Gladiator.

kgkg
Originally posted by Xplosive
Darkseid omega beem didn't work, of course it worked, but didn't have effect on Galactus, beacsue Galactus was too powerful. Galactus was laughing his omega beams and sent him away along with his army. And kgkg, Darkseid would smahs Sivelr Surfer. to topic, Darkseid wins over Gladiator.
NO

Darkeid can't even beat Superman.

whirlysplat
NO

You say that like Surfer could or Gladiator could roll eyes (sarcastic)

Xplosive
NO

That is now, actully the DarkSeid of now, post-crisis, he is shit, soon such beigns as Spider-Man will be able to beat him.
And some are giving exrtemely confident Gladitor too much credit, he gave his extrmely conifdnt punch to Cannonball, what happend, nothing.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by eleveninches
superman is DC's quitessential superhero. He's genetically perfect, so they were obviously going to let him win against darkseid
morally perfect also

kgkg
That is now, actully the DarkSeid of now, post-crisis, he is shit, soon such beigns as Spider-Man will be able to beat him.
And some are giving exrtemely confident Gladitor too much credit, he gave his extrmely conifdnt punch to Cannonball, what happend, nothing.
Aren't we talking about post Darksied?

Darksied also got K.O by Doomsday with few hits.

And yes SS , or Gladiator can take Superman out.

whirlysplat

"Extremely confident punch" That is superb big grin

whirlysplat
Aren't we talking about post Darksied?

Darksied also got K.O by Doomsday with few hits.

And yes SS , or Gladiator can take Superman out.

In your opinion roll eyes (sarcastic)

Xplosive
Originally posted by whirlysplat
"Extremely confident punch" That is superb big grin

Extremely confident punch=the best shot he could give

kgkg
In your opinion roll eyes (sarcastic)
Not opinion fact.

Gladiator is a Pre-Crisis Rip off.

He has fought at 100X light speed. Supes can't even move at light speed

Shattered planet with his first.

whirlysplat
I thought you were being ironic and sarcastic and now you may have spoiled it xplosive sad

Xplosive
whirlysplat, in my opinion, Silver Surfer will stomp on Superman, crush him, smash him. SS would crush post-crisis Darkseid. Gladiator also, now between Gladiator and Superman, somehwere equal, but since I am MU fan, I give it to Gladiator.

whirlysplat
Not opinion fact.

Gladiator is a Pre-Crisis Rip off.

He has fought at 100X light speed. SS can't even move at light speed

Shattered planet with his first.

He has fought at what????? Read this thread for the physics bit on warp roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=338577&highlight=fastest

kgkg
He has fought at what????? Read this thread for the physics bit on warp roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=338577&highlight=fastest
SS i mean superman

Draco69
Post Crisis Darkseid's powers:

Continuum Control (control over space/time continiuum and the nature of matter) Darkseid also has electrical generation, damage transferal or reflection, transformation, teleportation, dimensional travel, time control, and the ability to use the Anti-Life equation to boost his powers exponentially.

The Omega Effect: Completely and utterly removes a being or object from existence as if they never existed. Literally. They lock on to an opponent and trace their chosen targets. They will ALWAYS inevitably connect. The Omega Beams has once chased a spaceship across the universe. This can also teleport people across time and space. Also it can leech life sustenance from a foe to boost his own powers. Green=leeching, blue=teleportation, red=Omega Effect.

Regeneration: His body can reform itself to regrow lost limbs, and has an incredible healing factor.

Conclusion: Superman beating Darkseid is complete and utter bull****

whirlysplat
whirlysplat, in my opinion, Silver Surfer will stomp on Superman, crush him, smash him. SS would crush post-crisis Darkseid. Gladiator also, now between Gladiator and Superman, somehwere equal, but since I am MU fan, I give it to Gladiator.

Bless you Xplosive your loyalty to the McDonalds of comics is excellent. That said things like Supreme Power, Ultimates, Strange etc are marvel and good big grin

FieryBalrog
You say that like Surfer could or Gladiator could roll eyes (sarcastic)

surfer couldn't beat regular superman?

kgkg
Originally posted by Draco69
Post Crisis Darkseid's powers:

Continuum Control (control over space/time continiuum and the nature of matter) Darkseid also has electrical generation, damage transferal or reflection, transformation, teleportation, dimensional travel, time control, and the ability to use the Anti-Life equation to boost his powers exponentially.

The Omega Effect: Completely and utterly removes a being or object from existence as if they never existed. Literally. They lock on to an opponent and trace their chosen targets. They will ALWAYS inevitably connect. The Omega Beams has once chased a spaceship across the universe. This can also teleport people across time and space. Also it can leech life sustenance from a foe to boost his own powers. Green=leeching, blue=teleportation, red=Omega Effect.

Regeneration: His body can reform itself to regrow lost limbs, and has an incredible healing factor.

Conclusion: Superman beating Darkseid is complete and utter bull****

Well you would think it is bullshit.

What about this.

Superman giving DD a fight.

While darkseid is DD's punching bag. He got K.O so easily.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
surfer couldn't beat regular superman?

Superman has been beating more powerful foes forever, hence the never ending battle. He fights usually only using a fraction of his abilities. Almost everyacion of his is pulled. He is rarely hurt except against the most powerful foes. When is he actually beaten? Even Doomsday has never beaten him. In the GL/SS crosover Cyborg laughed at the power cosmic big grin

Draco69
Well you would think it is bullshit.

What about this.

Superman giving DD a fight.

While darkseid is DD's punching bag. He got K.O so easily.

Doomsday was immune to the Omega Effect because he was "beyond creation".

DD also caught Darkseid by surprise when he was weakened. Although he shouldn't have because of his cosmic awareness.

Bull****

Xplosive
Bless you Xplosive your loyalty to the McDonalds of comics is excellent. That said things like Supreme Power, Ultimates, Strange etc are marvel and good big grin

You alawys keep smiling today, good for you.

whirlysplat
You alawys keep smiling today, good for you.

big grin Thanks

whirlysplat
Hey regular Thor beats Surfer and Gladiator which means so does big blue big grin

Xplosive
Hey regular Thor beats Surfer and Gladiator which means so does big blue big grin

Big Blue?

whirlysplat
Big Blue?

Big blue, you know big blue with a red cape big grin

Xplosive
Big blue, you know big blue with a red cape big grin

I know now.wink

whirlysplat
I know now.wink

Happy Dance

Xplosive
Happy Dance

smokin'

armandovalles
Gladiator wins. Gladiator is definitely stronger than Doomsday, and Doomsday kicked Darkseid's ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.