silver surfer vs darksied

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
never thinks darksied can take on surfer and glactus lol

i just want to get opinions on what you guys think

about darksied vs silver surfer

juggernaut74
Darksied would kill Surfer imo.

Cosmic Cube
Surfer will kill darksied IMO. What is Darkseid going to do? Hit him with the dreaded Omega beams that Superman pretty much ignores? Surfer wilL BLAST HIM INTO NOTHINGNESS!

juggernaut74
oh yea your right. My bad

IRTMU-Dragon
Why make a thread everyone knows the answer too?

kgkg
lol you should read what "never" said he said darksied is greater than glactus himself , i wanted to show him his herald will mess him up that's all.

Tron
Although this isn't a bad thread, please don't start any "you think your character's so great so i'm gonna put him against impossible odds just to spite you" threads, I having a habit of closing those kinds of threads.

And it's not that easy to determine a winner here, since it IS Darkseid after all, the guy who puts a hurtin' on Superman at times, the guy who inspired Thanos (who beat Silver Surfer like a redheaded stepchild).

Mider
From what ive heard the Omega beams are nothing to laugh about and Darkseid is not a push over you give to much credit to the silver surfer he aint that powerful less he is the keeper or the kryptonian other then that get over yourselves. He would go down against Darkseid and if you guys wanna put surfer up against Darkseid it should be pre-crisis Darkseid who killed the anti-monitor.

Lord S
IIRC in "The Hunger" Darkseid hit Surfer with the Omega beams which caused serious damage to his metallic body...so I'm of the belief that Darkseid could mop the floor with the Surfer.

Never
Are you certain? If that is the crossover (out of continuity) battle where Galactus was going to consume Apokalips, I think you are mistaken. He hit Galactus with his Omega Beams, and Galactus just smirked at him.

Silver Surfer battled Orion and was about to kill him. The Black Racer was on his way, and Silver Surfer hesitated for just a second...after which Orion jumped out of the way.

I don't think Darkseid used his Omega Beams on Norrin. The last time I recall anything damaging his skin (which is actually supposed to be impervious to...basically everything) was some preposterous story wherein Wolverine slashed through it. I ***think*** that was a "What If" story, so it does not count anyway.

I did not even see the first post in this thread...LoL, grow up.

Cosmic Cube
Never underestimate Wolverine... That is such bullshit. What stopped Surfer from making him a pool of liquid adamantium? Regardless, Omega Beams are radiation. Norrin can absorb all forms of radiation.

Tron, are you talking about Thanos defeating Surfer while he was collecting the Infinity Gems? If so, that isn't fair comparison. Darksied isn't nearly that powerful. Darksied fears Superman. Almost anytime Superman comes into town, Darksied will try to use those Omega Beams to no avail, and then take a portal elsewhere.

Linkalicious
In the Crisis of the Infinite Earths it took FARRRRR more than just pre-crisis Darkseid to take out the anti-monitor.

Never
WHAT?!

My God (and erm, I thought THE RULES stated NO CURSING in the threads?), maybe Surfer does not KILL? HELLLLO, he is a PACIFIST.

LoL @ Wolverine being mentioned with Silver Surfer. That is a joke.

Um, MAGNETO turned his adamantium into liquid and bled it out of him. Surfer could do the same if he so chose.

Omega Beams are NOT RADIATION. How about showing us where it says that they are radiation?

Or are you making that up too?

eleveninches
It was superman, earth2superman and darkseid who delivered the final blows to the anti-monitor. Even after he kept coming back time and time again, finally as a flaming asteroid.

Linkalicious
The Anti-Monitor was such a stupid damn bad guy to have such an epic plot revolve around.

The Omega Beams are pretty tough...they managed to destroy the Cyborg Superman pretty easily.

Cosmic Cube
I'm terribly sorry, curse my menial intellect. What are they? They certainly are a form of energy... Whoops, looks like Surfer can absorb that too.

Or maybe the beams are a form of matter? But then again, Surfer can manipulate matter too. Since he's a pacifist, he could turn them into ice cream. Ice cream so good that it would turn Darkseid from evil forever.

kgkg
lol , well i am pretty sure that Omega beam will do some damage to the surfer but not kill him.

I think he can take darksied

what are darksieds powers other than imense strenth , and beams that he can use to beat surfer?

Linkalicious
A superior intellect as well...

I hate to use the old A>B, B>C, therefore A>C arguement. But IMO, Surfer can take Superman, Superman can take Darkseid, therefore Silver Surfer can take Darkseid.

Not the best way to put it, but it sums up my beliefs.

kgkg
but it is true tho if darksied can't beat superman there is no way he can beat surfer.

Man they made darksied a wimp what happend to the darksied that used to beat the shit out of sups.

Beyonder
If we're talking about Pre-Crisis Darkseid than yes. That was basically Darkseid as Kirby intended. However, since this isn't Pre-Crisis Darkseid, he ain't on a hungry Galactus' level.

Full powered Galactus (ex: destroying Galaxies in his battle with full powered Tyrant) > Pre-Crisis Darkseid
Starving Galactus > Post Crisis Darkseid

In that crossover, a hungry Galactus took on Apokolip forces and Darkseid. Darkseid's Omega Effect didn't work on Galactus because Galan an essential to the universe and more powerful as well. The OE can't kill anything that was essential to the universe, therefore, couldn't kill Galactus. After that attack, Galactus sent Darkseid flying. Darksied and his forces couldn't stop a hungry Galactus; hence, Darkseid is not equal to Galactus.

And despite what Byrne said, this crossover and other feats by both characters says otherwise.

In that same crossover, Silver punked Orion, while Darkseid actually was hurting Surfer with his Omega Beams (not Omega Effect).

Gladiator wins 3/10.

Beyonder
OOoops, ignore what I just wrote. That was meant for the Gladiator Vs. Darkseid thread.

Never
A full powered Galactus is not more powerful than PC Darkseid.

Where did kgkg specify which Galactus? He did not.

Your rhetoric regarding why Darkseid's Omega Effect did not blink out Galactus is just that. Rhetoric. There also IS no "Source" in the MU, hence other WRITERS surmising that was the reason why they did not work.

LoL @ "despite what Byrne said." Sorry, he knows a hell of a lot more about both characters than YOU do.

Silver "punking" Orion is cute. Surfer's a PACIFIST. Orion is war personified.

And are you not taking a whole lot of liberties in misinterpreting the battle? Actually Darkseid's minions had Galactus DOWN before Surfer intervened, or did you FORGET that part? Galactus did not send Darkseid "flying." He hit him with one beam from his hand and put him on his ass.

Sorry, but your write-up is hardly on point. But it is your opinion.

Regardless of which post it was for, it is incorrect.

Beyonder
Yup, because PC Darkseid can destroy a galaxy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rhetoric? So the OE does work on even essentials of the universe? Galactus dies, the universe dies.

As for not being part of the Source, than I guess Thor, Thanos, Mephisto, Odin, etc. would have a ball with Darkseid if any of them ever met up one on one with Darkseid huh? Be it DC or Marvel. His most powerful weapon wouldn't do a thing.

Yeah, Byrne knows alot. Galactus = Darkseid in power, right. Show me feats of where Darkseid is equal to Galactus?

Feats of Pre-Crisis Darkseid = Galactus
Feats of Post-Crisis Darkseid = Starving Galactus

Yup, Darkseid's minions had a STARVING Galactus down. It was basically Darkseid, Orion, and all of Apokolips Vs. Surfer & a starving Galactus. And in the end, did Darkseid win send Galactus packing? Certainly wasn't anything Darkseid or his son and minions did.

It's more like a Starving Galactus = Darkseid + Apokolips

Gee, Darkseid is eqaul to Galactus.

kgkg
lol how in the hell darksied is equal to glactus is beyond my comprehension.

like i said before Galacus creats people that eat people like darksied for lunch.

Provide some facts , and don't count crossover they are bullshit.

like wov vs lobo , it is fan based no way on earth darksied can lay a finger on Galactus . Never why do you think Darksied is equal to FUll powerd galactus . Even tho darksied is equal to superman/orion/doomsday's power and all these are roaches compare to galactus

Never
>>>Yup, because PC Darkseid can destroy a galaxy.

He has. Read more.

>>>So the OE does work on even essentials of the universe? Galactus dies, the universe dies.

The battle was not even in continuity, so...?

>>>As for not being part of the Source, than I guess Thor, Thanos, Mephisto, Odin, etc. would have a ball with Darkseid if any of them ever met up one on one with Darkseid huh?

He can kill them all via other means. LoL, as if the OE is his only weapon? Hello? He has PLANETS full of parademons.

>>>Yeah, Byrne knows alot. Galactus = Darkseid in power, right. Show me feats of where Darkseid is equal to Galactus?

Byrne knows WAY more than you do. Is your ego to big to allow that? LoL, he's only been involved in comics for what, 40+ years?

>>>It was basically Darkseid, Orion, and all of Apokolips Vs. Surfer & a starving Galactus.

Wrong. Which one did YOU read?

kgkg
you still haven't anser how is darksied is = to galactus?

so then doomsday / lobo / superman will all be close to galactus power acorind to your saying?

Beyonder
I'll read more, but I gotta know which appearances that happened in. For all I know, he could've done it in a Batman comic or Flash.

Yeah, I guess your right. Darkseid can't do it under his own power, otherwise he'd get creamed by Thor, Odin, Thanos, etc.

Yeah Byrne knows alot, still doesn't mean he ain't bias. Again, I've yet to see any feats as to why Darkseid is Galactus' equal.

Which one did I read? So your saying Darkseid himself beat Galactus and sent him away without a meal?

Never
>>>For all I know, he could've done it in a Batman comic or Flash.

Okie dokie, they had some great scans at comixfan.com. I'll see if they are still up.

>>>Yeah, I guess your right. Darkseid can't do it under his own power, otherwise he'd get creamed by Thor, Odin, Thanos, etc.

LoL, okay. Whatever.

>>>Yeah Byrne knows alot, still doesn't mean he ain't bias. Again, I've yet to see any feats as to why Darkseid is Galactus' equal.

Byrne cut his teeth at Marvel, IIRC. Why would he be biased FOR Darkseid?

And do recall he is very familiar with PC versions of DC characters. He's the one that DEPOWERED Superman.

>>>Which one did I read? So your saying Darkseid himself beat Galactus and sent him away without a meal?

No, I am saying that your descriptions of the battle lead one to believe that 1. you did not read it and are going by someone else's descriptions, or 2. you read it long ago and do not recall it correctly.

Darkseid was not even involved when Galactus was knocked off of his feet. He was setting up his machinery and Apokalips ATTACKED. Not the entire planet, like 4 machines. Galactus was keeping them at bay, then one knocked him down.

Silver Surfer then flew in.

Galactus did not send Darkseid flying. He, again, put one hand out, let out a beam, and knocked Darkseid on his ass. That's like saying I gave you a backhand and "sent you flying" when I in fact knocked you down.

Darkseid, Orion, and ALL of Apokalips? Where was Kalibak, Desaad (I think he was there -- actually I am pretty sure now, I think he betrayed Darkseid), and all of the REST of them then? That's an exaggeration. He could have "BOOM TUBED" the rest in. He did not.

Lord S
Yes I am certain...Orion was talking to the Surfer (who was just once again brainwashed by Galactus) and told him he could not fight him again, cause he was now in debt to him, then Darkseid came out of nowhere and said something about him not being bound by any restriction or anything, and blasted Surfer in the side with the Omega Beams, shredding that portion of his metallic body.

Plus, I do believe Darkseid was thrown more than just on his ass. It looked like he was sent flying a good hundred yards or so by Galactus.

Never
Must be two different comics.

Good hundred yards? The image that I am referencing is from Galactus' perspective. It looks as if he simply knocked him off of his feet.

Darkseid has some long, drawn out preamble before unleashing his OE. You see smoke, then when it clears, you see Galactus smirking.

Nah, don't recall Darkseid battling Silver Surfer in that one.

Anywho, BEYONDER and kgkg, you are in luck.

Here is a list of the battle between one of the New Gods (Lightray) and Orion, which should illustrate how powerful Orion was (PC Orion), which will indirectly show you how powerful Galactus was.

Lightray? Oh, he just flew at 8 times the speed of light, reignited a sun, et cetera. No biggie.

Anywho, looking for more.

http://www.comicboards.com/newgods/view.php?rpl=040828061425

Lord S
Yes it was "The Hunger"...I'll try to post a pic of it to prove my point...

Never
There is a difference between saying "I don't recall that happening" and "it didn't happen."

manjaro
superman comics are somewhat my forte and i cant remeber a time when he was struck by the omega beams and didnt scream like his name was angela. even in "our worlds at war" even when darky's omeaga energy was spent he still had another from of optic attack that was attuned to supes energy signature and he yet again screamed like angela, so to back to the original statement, the omeaga beams are indeed nothing to take lightly.

surfer is powerful but he's not an immortal god like darksied. darksied has arguably the same abailties has surfer does its just that he likes to get all dramatic and fold his arms behind his back and let his eyes do the work, but he can channel energy thru his arms as well.

surfer is dust and you MOFO's know it laughing

Lord S
Whatever...still I'll scan and post a pic of it when I get the chance.

Cosmic Cube
Who is to say that Galactus cannot destroy a galaxy? Simply because he hasn't? Galactus eats planets to sustain himself, not out of malice. Assuming what Galactus cannot do by judging what he has done is not an accurate means of gauging his power. He is not a well developed character. With his power it is very possible that he could destroy a galaxy, or more for that matter.

Galactus is the source of the power cosmic, more powerful than any Omega Beams or "Omega Effect" or anything else that comes out of Darkseid's eyes.

Manjaro when you say "arguably" you mean "probably" right?

When has Darkseid exhibited matter manipulation on a molecular level? Or the ability to absorb/exude any form of radiant energy? Or flight at warp speeds?

The fact that Norrin is a pacifist is irrelevant to this thread, Never. Read the forum rules by Tron.

kgkg
galactus has destroyed galaxy before , multiple galaxies infact when he was fight with tyrant his own creation.

in it said that galacus has the power to distroy the whole universe , but that's not his role.

Never
Show where Galactus has destroyed a galaxy. He consumes planets, and HE HAS TO USE MACHINERY TO CONVERT IT INTO ENERGY FIRST.

And he is "well-developed." How long have you even been READING about him?

The power cosmic is NOT more powerful than The Source. Have you any clue what The Source is? HMMMMMM? The source of ALL PRIME ENERGY in the DC Universe.

PC Darkseid manipulated matter. AGAIN, why comment on a character if you do not KNOW about him?

Norrin Radd is a pacifist AND CANNOT FIGHT. DARKSEID CAN. Yes, it is relevant.

kgkg
do you even read marvel comic read where galactus is fighting tyrant you will see what i mean
damn don't say bullshit.

There is no way on earth darksied is touching galactus

manjaro
damn how did this switch to Darksied vs Galactus?

"Manjaro when you say "arguably" you mean "probably" right?

When has Darkseid exhibited matter manipulation on a molecular level? Or the ability to absorb/exude any form of radiant energy? Or flight at warp speeds?"

well i dont know about flying but as for ABSORBING radiant energy, darky absorbs element X in his body. an element that gives him contiuum control.Continuum Control: With this power Darkseid is able to tinker with the nature of matter and control the space/time continuum .

Darkseid may also perform more actions with continuum control:
Electrical Generation:
Damage Transferal:
Disruption:
Time Travel:
Teleportation:
Regathering:
Body Transformation

also Darksied does have the ability to restructure things and ppl he has disintegrated, plus steal life forces so i guess that counts as matter manipulation on a molecluar level. plus the fact that LIGHT comes from his freaking eyes that IS exuding RADIANT energy.

i believe your questions have been answered my good sir. check his character profile if you think its bull

kgkg
what am trying to say is glactus will eat darksied now matter what you guys say .

his been beat by superman many times show do you explain that and now all the suden is galactus 's equal funny shit i ever heard.

Linkalicious
Pre-Crisis

Beyonder
Nah man, Tyrant (at his original power) destroyed planets in his fight with Tyrant; this is actually widely known. However, what state (hungry, full, etc.) is unknown. He beat Tyrant and shrunk him to his current size and power.

As for those machines, his machine convert energy into a form of energy for EASIER consumption. He can devour a planet on his own, his machine in a way cooks his food for him. Ain't like he can't eat it raw.

But clearly this is not Pre-Crisis. They are at another level, thus it should be specified if any Pre-Crisis characters are used.

Since it doesn't and we both know Surfer would lose against PC Darkseid, current Darkseid isn't going OE on Surfer win. Should he be able to? Yes. But will he? Ask heat vision what it think's of the Omega Effect.

Forget the Source, Superman > Source. Heat Vision (according to DC) sick > Omega Effect.

Tron
Well, it's a pretty fair comparison to me, seeing as how he kicked Surfer's ass WITHOUT the gems.

kgkg
when did i say it was pre-crisis?

normal darksied vs silversurfer man people start making all these stuff that darksied can beat surfer , pre-darksied ofcourse but darksied no way.

Lord S
Well as mentioned before, he was able to seriously damage Surfer's metallic body with his Omega Beams, so yeah I'd say he can probably take Surfer out.

Cosmic Cube
Tron, can you give the issue in which Thanos beats Surfer? Not Surfer #59, neither of them had their power and Thanos was losing at first.

It is illogical for the Omega Beams to affect Surfer, he can absorb or manipulate any form of energy. Maybe he wasn't expecting them... What crossover was this?

Beyonder
1] It can hurt him. 2] He can't absorb what he didn't anticipate.

Cosmic Cube
Very true... I suppose f he can't see it, and can't absorb it, it would definitely hurt him. Thanos beating Silver Surfer is very possible however. Thanos without any enhancements is at the very least Silver Surfer's equal.

Darkseid is certainly not equal to Thanos, though. Not with the cosmic cube, or the infinity gauntlet, of the heart of the universe. Not even normal Thanos.

The Flash
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=318080

Lord S
It was "The Hunger". A fairly thin graphic novel.

Darkseid uses the Omega Beams on Surfer from behind, and this scene is viewable on the second last page.

Forgive my laziness, I will snap a pic of it and post it for your viewing pleasure...I've been down and out with the flu for a while. mad

Tron
I'll do you one better, you can look at scans of the fight here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t318080.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.