Kamino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maverick2364
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else have a serious problem with how Lucas created Kamino? It seems too unrealistic for the aliens who live there to have been capable of building such a technologically advanced city over the huge oceans there. Take a look at Geonosis and Naboo, their structures at least look like they were built by their locals.

Is anyone else frustrated about Kamino?

ARC Trooper 117
You bring up a valid point.

ArthasKnight
Um, I never really gave it much thought. Though honestly, it doesn't bother me. Any idea how you build a Death Star? Or construct an underwater city like the Gungans did? I try not to think about it too much.

Sith Master X
I've got no problem with Kamino at all. I thought it was quite brilliant.

Darth_Janus
Well, if you're gonna sweat over Kamino, you might as well start nitpicking a whole lot of other things. But I can see your point. Still... I ain't gonna think too deeply over it.

jedimaster2000
I thought Kamino was pretty cool. Anyways, Like most of the other people, I never really looked at it too deeply.

Ushgarak
Yeah, I think I go with the "don't look too deep, it's only Star Wars" view as well; if it was 2001, I'd be more annoyed.

Darth_Lucifer
Yeah dont look to deeply into it, but if you notice you see one of them riding out of the water on that beast thing, so maybe they generally live underwater but had to create a construction for the clones on like stilts, think about us humans using Oil Rigs, and in a place like the Galaxy of starwars technology is far more advancebig grin

Maverick2364
Heh, I still have trouble envisioning that race doing any sort of construction on their own lol. Maybe they live in bubbles like the Gungans!blink

jedimaster2000
It's STAR WARS buddy, anything can be possible.

JKozzy
I liked Kamino a lot. The whole idea of an ocean planet and all-white buildings looked really cool to me. I found it to be one of the more likeable planets in the Prequel Trilogy. It's not like we saw the whole world, just one small complex of buildings. Perhaps when we see the serpant flying, it's coming from the machine creation facility?

Darth_Lucifer
Yeah maybe he was coming from a Giant Machine facility o'r he could have been out doing his weekly shooping? Yeah they seem really advanced and we dont know the whole stoy about them, all we know is that they are good at making clones and live on a planter that is all water one eye

GCG
well the Kaminoans are slender like creatures which may have developed from the oceans around Tipoca city. As the SW databank puts it they possess a scientific cunning that allows them to excel in the genetic manipulation of numerous species which i believe included their species before.

But what is strange is that to build the structures they live in (Such as Tipoca City) they would have neeeded something to smelt iron ; some sort of furnace that would be extremly difficult to concept on an ocean planet.

Maverick2364
Exactly, and it's hard to find a surface in a planet of water.

Darth_Lucifer
But couldnt they have got it from the bed of the ocean or even transported it from another planet, who kows the whole city could be a giant ship? lightbulb

Maverick2364
Yes that seems very realistic... confused

Darth_Lucifer
At the end of the day they are very advanced and we dont know much about them smile

Alliance
I like Kamino a lot. Its a very cool looking place and original. They are obviously technologically advanced (they have a huge cloning program) and we build ocean drilling platforms. Why not a city? Also, the whole Jango Obi-Wan fight scene in the rain was brilliant.

The only thing i have an issue with is the Kaminoans have hoof like feet which doesnt make sense for a water planet.

Julie
Kamino's okay....I'm not disturbed by it, but it doesn;t fascinate me or anything either

Padmé Amidala
Its a movie..... Not a documentary lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.