Thing vs. Solomon Grundy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
Who wins the battle of these two heavyweights? Thing is one bad dude with the attitude to match and the muscle to back it up. Soloman Grundy is immortal and probably stronger and more agile than Thing but dumber.

eleveninches
soloman grundy is SUCH a gay character

Arsenal
This is a good match-up. Solomon is stronger and would probably win if it were purely physical combat, but Thing would probably use his wits and keep a distance by throwing rocks and stuff like how he did with the Hulk until the rest of the Fantastic Four come to help him before he's murdered.

juggernaut74
I dont know if Thing will need that much help. I think Thing might be able to actually pull this one off. It would be a cool slugfest to see in a comic.

supremthor
Soloman Grundy is on superman's strength level.Just think ya should no

supremthor
in other words grundy would murder thing no joke.I just saw him in JLA and he bet the shite out of superman,greenlantern,aquaman,Dr.fate all at the same time

Fieldy69
wut kinda gayass name is solomon grundy
he needs a comic name like mr strong guy

juggernaut74
Grundy was enhanced with chaos magic when he did that. He is normaly not that strong.

supremthor
you saw it juggernaut74.he kicked major ass

theflyxx
Ol' Blue Eyes wins the slobberknocker.

juggernaut74
Yea i saw it. If that is his true power Grundy will turn him into a pile of sand.

Arsenal
http://img143.exs.cx/img143/8577/thisol9je.gif

MERCILOUS
I think Grundy wins cause he's made of wood.

GRIMM THING
I'm not familiar with good ole' Solomon - how strong is he? what's his story?

Rock pulverizes wood - that I know! big grin

MERCILOUS
Well Grundy's only real chance of winning is tiring thing out. He has the potential to win this easy but is too stupid to realize it. He's a wood elemental.

Arsenal
He's basically a DC clone of rampaging Hulk. It's hard to find info about him online. His bio at dccomics.com doesn't even tell how much he can lift.

MERCILOUS
Cause he can lift as much as he wants. The entire universe even. He just assumes he can't so he never will.

GRIMM THING
now thats funny big grin

Arsenal
no expression Maybe I should have made this Solomon Grundy vs. Hulk

MERCILOUS
Hulk'd take it to him same as everyone else, He's just to dumb to realize his power. There was a story about a good Grundy once, He was very intellegent, All the other Grundies that ever existed came back because he was ruining there bad name and it took all of them to take him down. And that was just a pretty smart Grundy, if he was a genius he'd be whipping mad butt. Or if he was seperated from his Grundy Half his elemental part wouldn't even be concerned in mortal affairs and he could reshape the universe as he saw fit, unless he stepped on other elementals toes.

GRIMM THING
poor Grundy - who is his match in Marvel then?

MERCILOUS
I'm not sure I follow.

long pig
iceman maybe? are magneto...graviton elemental?

long pig
hes asking who has similar elemental powers such as grundy...i think?

long pig
oh, nice pics arsenal...as always. i aspire to do the same when i get decent at PSP.

GRIMM THING
yes - exactly

MERCILOUS
hmmm, well he's only a peg lower than the Thing. If he had full control it would have to be some celestial type.

long pig
lol now i dont follow....we realize you have a huge intellect but dumb things down for us "norms" mercilous

MERCILOUS
In his current state of power, a creature only a small step below the prowess of the Thing would be a fair match for Grundy. In a state where he has realized his full potential, only a celestial being could possibly match his power, even then he would have to have presiding power or power greater than god.

Swanky-Tuna
Something smells fishy...

Arachnoidfreak
Close your legs Swanky-Tuna.

juggernaut74
this has been done

juggernaut74
Happy Dance

juggernaut74
Good one he actually predates Hulk by 20 yrs.

Max Spidey 24
Grundy wins

Max Spidey 24
2 of the same topic ?

Arsenal
Yeah I didn't know the kind gentleman made the same battle a while ago.

Max Spidey 24
ohh i thought the same guy made two of them any way grundy wins

Tron
Merging

jplatinum
Grundy wins easy.
Ben Grimm is not a real challenge to him.
He has knock the h#ll out of a struggling superman.
A calm superman would destroy Thing so thing doesn't stand a chance against grundy.

Tony Stark
Although i like Grundy, I think that Benji would take him down.
Way to much rumbling for The THING for him not to be able to take Solomen out for the count. He is Smarter, a better fighter, and much better one-liners.

IMO THING wins.

MERCILOUS
Better at one-liners!? You've gone mad!. When has Ben ever said anything half as funny as "Solomun Grundy want pants too!"?

gautam
id have to go with grundy....he frikin takes on superman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.