Guilty Pleasures in Videogames

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dark1365
These are some things you like to do in games...you know that you're not really supposed to be doing, but you still privately enjoy doing it.

Mine are:

-Killing my Sims in a fire.
-Shooting Captain Keyes with the pistol in the first Halo, first level.
-Letting the CPU knock me into a deathtrap in MK Deception.
-Performing Ermac's mystic float instead of a fatality when the "Finish Him" appears so that you opponent looks like he's bowing down to you.
-Running over marines with a Warthog.
-Crouch toggling a dead corpse, so it looks like you're raping it.
-playing a really girly song in DDRXtreme, on standard.
-playing Chu Chu Rocket, period.
-killing your teammate in GunBound.
-"accidentally" run over a teammate with a Ghost in speed boost, and yell, "sorry I didn't see you there..."
-beating an old man up and robbing him(GTA VC)
-Deliberately trying to get your crime level up to maximum in GTA VC.
-smashing all the windows and denting the walls with bullets in Max Payne.

moises
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HALO'S GLITCH?

dark1365
Yeah why? What the f**k?

StinkFist462
dude are you gonna go to every thread and ask ?

my gulty pleaure is seeing how much blood i can get out of dead bodies on Halo 2

SaTsuJiN
my guilty pleasure was beating the dead hoes up in GTA3 ta get mah munny back wink
Perfect Dark I'd shoot up the corpses til the blood made the game choppy.. then I'd know I shot them up enough big grin .. same for halo

ChickinMeat
I cant think of them all! the one i remember now is in any game with ragdoll physics, seeing how far i can make a body fly using explosives. great fun to say the least!

Elektra_lover
Mine would be driving on the streets in GTA

BackFire
Killing children in Roller Coaster Tycoon.

StinkFist462
lmao yea that kicks all kinds of ass

WindDancer
KOTOR I: While on Taris I threaten and steal credits from the woman with the starving kids. (Bastard! I know)

KOTOR I: I kill Mission Bao and Zaalbar in the unknown Planet (Double Bastard!)

Fable: I steal, cheat, kill travellers, burglaize, beat up my wife, get drunk and fight in the bars, bully children, kill my sister, betray the guild of heroes....etc..etc...(I love that darn short game)

TC Splinter Cell: I use my gun to kill my assistant and I get it from the boss "What the HELL ARE YOU DOING?" (hehehe...)

Halo and Halo 2: Shooting the Marines on purpose.....(talk about friendly fire)

KOTOR II: Basically, make my whole party evil. (nah, no biggie)

Silver Stardust
GTA 3, VC, SA: Driving around in the tank, blowing stuff up and causing general chaos...so much fun.
GTA VC: Going into the police station with a katana (full health and armor code on) and going to town.
Sims: ...killing them in creative ways...
Roller Coaster Tycoon: Deathtrap rides, and dropping litterers into the water.

Elektra_lover
Oh yeah I love killing sims too. My favriot is in the Sims 2 when the bugs eat them.

DirectorFitz
Man , I am glad nobody said "flying planes into buildings in GTA San Andreas"

jaden101
this is an old one

playstation...die hard...the driving game...lining the car up along a pavement(sidewalk to you yanks)...putting it into "in car view! and watching the wipers smear innocent pedestrians blood away as you plough into hundreds of the stupid bastards

a mate of mine used to have a virtual pet for his PC that his son used to play...i got a copy of it and how fun it was when you picked up the cartoon dog and threw the mutt across the room...i loved it

shooting civilians in shellshock

Red Superfly
Why are any of these guilty pleasures?

You're supposed to kill people in GTA. Why the guilt? Just polygons.

radioboy121
First experience with GTA 3 - running people over with a vehicle.
Shooting Solid Snake while he's sleeping in MGS2.
Item moving trick in Sims 2; substituting the food with the baby in the oven.

Silver Stardust
Done it laughing

Darth Revan
Killing marines in the Halo games, shooting corpses to see how much they bleed, killing your teammates for no reason, breaking rules in online matches where people go "ok, you can only use vehicles and grenades, no firearms," or something but don't actually change the settings...

Silver Stardust
Fragging teammates in games is fun big grin

ChickinMeat
That really pisses me off when people do that, and when you play the game normally they criminalise you, like **** off, go start your own damn server

dark1365
When you're a high level in Diablo II, and pay act I demons a bit of a visit and totally whip their asses.

ArthasKnight
-In Goldeneye for N64 in the Streets level, killing as many civilians as it takes to fail the mission and then killing more anyway.

-In the same game, killing all the scientists I see.

-Same game, shooting Natalya many times.

-Basically I kill innocent people.

ChickinMeat
i must agree, that is very satisfying!

Lord Shadow Z
Drowning Lara Croft, making her dive off a very tall cliff, landing her on spikes, watching her being eaten by piranha, letting her be shot, stabbed and clubbed to death etc.

Shooting Natalya from Goldeneye 64 because it is very tempting.

pr1983
starfleet command 3...

beaming marines onto an enemy ship, taking over it and at the last second blowing it up, killing everyone (including my own marines)...

its stupid but cruel...

beating people to death in gta with a golf club continuously shouting 'fore'

shooting marines in halo...

doing strange things with dead bodies in metal gear solid...

Lord Shadow Z
what strange things?

Lord Ryugen
Throwing them off the tanker, picking them up and dropping them on the stairs, putting them on top of each other so it looks like you killed the having sex. That kind of thing Shadow My guilty pleasure on MGS2 was holding guards up and then shooting them in the balls.

Lord Shadow Z
Whatever turns you on I guess...

pr1983
ive done that many a time...

or holding them up, and even after they give you the dog tag blow their brains out...

Lord Ryugen
Yeah but you have to blow thier brains out after they give you the dogtag. Too much risk they'll call for back up otherwise. The guiltiest thing I ever did though was to go on my mum's Tomb Raider 2 save, jump of the highest ledge and save it half way down. Every time she loaded the game she died. laughing out loud

pr1983
hysterical

SaTsuJiN
Lmfao! laughing

My current guilty pleasure is ( In world of warcraft, Im a level 50 paladin) taking a nice little trip to horde contested areas.. giving the level 20 noobs a /wave .. and a few seconds for them to try to run.. where I then proceed to cram my mace as far up their ass as humanly possible ]

dark1365
His mother played Tomb Raider 2? Whoa.

Darth Jello
the NES has a poor color pallette sometimes. so occasionally I like to play Zelda II and make Link crouch. since his sword is flesh colored, he looks like a certain man from nantucket, just kind of, you know, fanning his enormous schlong.

Lord Shadow Z
Yeah, she is better at it than him.

Kaldro
I like taking my lightsaber and killing innocent people or my jedi masters .

Lord Ryugen
SILENCE!! YOU LIE!! YOU ALL LIE!!!

dark1365
Hahaha.....
That is pathetic, a mother beating her kid at gaming.

Peach
Whenever I play Lego Star Wars with a friend, we spend more time trying to kill each other than anything else. It takes us 30-45 minutes to clear a level when normally it'd take about 10 laughing out loud

DarkC
I always like picking up everything and hurling it out the window in Half Life 2.
"Here, lemme take this milk off of your hands! Out it goes!"

<3 Havok physics engine.

Dark-Jaxx
Tranquilizing Emma Emmerich in MGS: 2 and making Raiden get into a bunch of positions, looking like he's sexing her up, and shooting the darts on her breasts as nipples.

General Kaliero
Pretty much any Intimidate option in Mass Effect. You are one evil bastard, but it is just so fun.

Also being hatefully xenophobic while my teammates are aliens.

There are some great guilty pleasures in Galactic Civilizations II. Such as building up your military like crazy while remaining peaceful on the front, and then launching an all-out war against your weakest neighbor.

If you do it right they surrender their entire civilization to you, without any demands, after just one attack.

DarkC
Random knife throwing in Assassin's Creed!

Ryo 666
In MGS, shooting all their arms legs and everywhere they can survive, making them fear etc.

Torture basically.

jaden101
pushing people infront of trains on GTA4

Dark-Jaxx
In Assassin's Creed, getting into big ass fist brawls with Thugs.

Peach
In COD4, I like to use the sniper rifle a lot. If people try crawling through the grass in an attempt to not be seen, I shoot off their legs.

ragesRemorse
grand theft auto is my guilty pleasure

MadMel
getting stealth camo in halo, then sneaking up and owning all marines until johnsons goes crazy laughing out loud

ESB -1138
...throwing someone into the sun or just crushing living creatures under your own body weight (Mario series).

Neo Darkhalen
beating the hell out of various Nintendo characters... plus sneak killing on COD4 and TF2.

SnakeEyes
I remember a few years back when playing Soldier of Fortune on my PC, I got a lot of enjoyment from just killing my teammate and spending time goring up his body.

The gore graphics/system in that game kicked ass.

MadMel
mixing various miracles in black and white 2 and testing them on my own villagers evil face

star wars BF 2
me and my friend slaughtering an entire guild in a jedi match (2 vs. all of them) during a tourny..good times..our guild rocked big grin

detpack throwing

mine thowing

watching my enemies burn (bothan incenterator ftw!!)

sneaking up on my enemies, knowing that very soon ill be watching them burn (bothan stealth ftdoublew!)

landing emperor palpatines midair attack....right into a large group of enemies

Utrigita
hehe welcome back from the plane of suck stick out tongue

Dungeon Keeper, playing it is a guilt in itself wink

MadMel
double lulz big grin
pocket tanks - deliberatedly toying with my friends before blasting them to hell

ESB -1138
In Empire at War 2 bringing in a capital ship into orbit and then nuking a small group of Ewoks...good times

Raoul
Originally posted by jaden101

eek!

i so have to try that...

ESB -1138

Here's one with GTA4. Throwing the driver out of the car (but driving off before the passanger could get out) and then driving the car into the river and watching it slowly sink as I swim off to safety.

jaden101
Originally posted by Raoul
eek!

i so have to try that...

watch who you do it to though...cause i stood behind one guy for ages waiting on a train...they notice you standing there and he turn around and kept telling me to back off....he eventually pulled out a gun and shot me in the face

laughing

Mairuzu
cheating on my wife with the nextdoor neighbor on the sims, that montcliare chick...

ragesRemorse
one of my friends coordinated an alliance wedding crash with his horde friends a few months back on WOW. I laughed for a while about that one.

SaTsuJiN
Um.. does jumping Lara Croft to her death count?...

*lara croft scream* XD

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
one of my friends coordinated an alliance wedding crash with his horde friends a few months back on WOW. I laughed for a while about that one.

Alliance Wedding? That's the pinnacle of lonelyness it would seem if you can only find a girl (or a guy pretending to be the a girl as in 95% of the time) in a MMO.

Peach
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Alliance Wedding? That's the pinnacle of lonelyness it would seem if you can only find a girl (or a guy pretending to be the a girl as in 95% of the time) in a MMO.

Because it obviously couldn't have been an in-game/RP thing only, right?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Peach
Because it obviously couldn't have been an in-game/RP thing only, right?

Sounds like someone is pleading guilty. shifty shifty

Peach
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Sounds like someone is pleading guilty. shifty shifty

That would require me to actually play MMOs, which I don't. They're boring to the extreme.

Superboy Prime
A guilty pleasure of mine is teabaggin' people after I kill them in Halo multi.

I know...I'm miserable.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
A guilty pleasure of mine is teabaggin' people after I kill them in Halo multi.

Who doesn't do that?

DarkC
That would require me to actually play MMOs, which I don't. They're boring to the extreme.
In WoW it is deathly boring to level up.

However the game essentially starts at 70 if you know what I mean. Endgame is where everything is happening.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by DarkC

However the game essentially starts at 70 if you know what I mean. Endgame is where everything is happening. Leveling up was an experience and lots of fun for me

Peach
Originally posted by DarkC

However the game essentially starts at 70 if you know what I mean. Endgame is where everything is happening.

Meh. I'm not going to play a game that's insanely boring 99% of the time for 1% of play that's possibly good.

DarkC
Meh. I'm not going to play a game that's insanely boring 99% of the time for 1% of play that's possibly good.
It's more like 50%. All the new development and new content revolves around endgame. Small wonder why they say the game starts at 70.

Utrigita
Witcher can bring up some pretty nasty things too.

Mairuzu
hookers

Bardock42
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
-In the same game, killing all the scientists I see.

T-that wasn't the purpose of those levels? shock

Raoul
watch who you do it to though...cause i stood behind one guy for ages waiting on a train...they notice you standing there and he turn around and kept telling me to back off....he eventually pulled out a gun and shot me in the face

laughing

ouch... i was playing a while back, chasing some drug dealer badman had asked me for help with, and he went to cross the street (the dealer) so i shot him in the leg, the guy stumbles, slowing down JUST as a car comes into view, sending the guy into the air where he must have done at least two sommersaults before crashing to earth... t'was fun...

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Um.. does jumping Lara Croft to her death count?...

*lara croft scream* XD

i've dont that in every tomb raider game ever. its fun. and she always has it coming...

Rascaduanok

Nemesis X
I always enjoy running over marines with my scorpion tank in Halo.

In GTA 4, I always keep dropping a grenade inside a burger shot and running like hell to get out of the blast range. I saw dead bodies flying out of the windows and I thought that was awesome. Plus, I always shot Roman in the face with a shotgun because I thought it would be fun and it was. It's fun shooting relatives in the face smokin'

In the Incredible Hulk, I threw pedestrians into bill boards. It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's just a man about to make a face plant on a bill board laughing

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I always enjoy running over marines with my scorpion tank in Halo.

You BASTARD!

I hate it when people do that in co-op. laughing

Nemesis X
Holy crap, that was you I ran over? rolling on floor laughing

I'll keep running you over as much as I want. Warn your teamates evil face

MightyEInherjar
In GTA 4, taking the helicopter to the ceiling of the level and then jumping out. It's a hell of a fall, and it's great if he hits something on the way down and lands on a car/person.

geshien
Oblivion: using the uber powerful test "finger of the mountain" and blasting heroes.

Fable: wreaking havoc in towns.

Halo: pwning, period.

Turok: setting flares on dinos and watching them fight each other.

WWE Smackdown vs Raw: TLC matches with friends.

Blax_Hydralisk
I masturbated during the Winnie the Pooh levels cutscenes from Kingdom Hearts 2.

Peach
Okay, really, was that necessary? ermm

DigiMark007
I used to enjoy drowning the animal mascots in Roller Coaster Tycoon.

ermm

Blax_Hydralisk
Okay, really, was that necessary? ermm

Only cuz I luv ya hun. stick out tongue

Peach
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I used to enjoy drowning the animal mascots in Roller Coaster Tycoon.

ermm

Who didn't do that?

I'd build death-trap roller coasters that killed all the riders and drown people who littered. There would also be an island to put the people who got sick and threw up.

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Only cuz I luv ya hun. stick out tongue

ermm

MadMel
chopping up dead bodies in jedi outcast and jedi academy evil face

ESB -1138
Banging a hooker in GTA then killing her.

DigiMark007
Who didn't do that?

I'd build death-trap roller coasters that killed all the riders and drown people who littered. There would also be an island to put the people who got sick and threw up.

Damn. That's far more demented than I ever devised.

no expression

Raoul
*reinstalls rollercoaster tycoon*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.