Versus Forum new rules requests

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
1.Some characters must be banned from threads:
Superman Prime, Phoenix Force, Galactus, Living Tribunal, all those uber-alles entities that can just end a fight with a wave of their hand.

2.Threads with challenges like Nightcralwer VS Silver Surfer or the Punisher VS Firelord must be deleted, cause they are just simply dumb and useless imho.

demigawd
The problem with that is that so much of it is subjective. Sometimes even these joke threads will suddenly take a serious turn. Case in point - Sonic vs. Flash.

Lord S
An anti-anime clause would make me very happy.

kgkg
i haven't seen anime anymore tho.

lol those dbz ones were funny .

K3VIL
Sonic VS Flash?Like a Ferrari Enzo vs a Crysler Voyager.
Obviously Dragon Ball characters after the fight with Goku's brother Radish have a level of power that is too much God Like to being put in any VS thread.

Zahit
hey man, i still think Butters can out-dance Dazzler.....

Happy Dance

kgkg
they there are still people that think war hulk can beat SS4 Goku lol

spetznaz
While I agree with the second rule (some threads are just plain ridiculous) the first may be hard to adhere to.
Case in point.
Exactly who is an uber-powerful character? While names like the Pheonix, Beyonder, Superman Prime and the LT may pop up there are many others that are 'stealth' uber characters (particularly in the hands of fanboys).
For example Juggernaut and the Hulk.
I've seen threads where some have claimed that Jug could basically drop kick everyone left of Heaven in Comics, and should someone interject logic they simply go into over-mode and say that 'normal jugz may not but 8th day would.'
And when it comes to the Hulk it even gets more ridiculous. After all the ONLY thing one needs to say is that the angrier Hulk gets the stronger he is, and thus 'he can do anything.'
I've seen strength levels attributed to the Hulk that not even Marvel knows about (the most he has done in comics is lift a mountain, as well as being one of the defining characters in the Onslaught arc when he ripped the armor), but in the forum some have made up figures simply based on the statement that his upper limit has never been breached.
And in most cases it seems that Juggernaut and the Hulk cause more issues than the Beyonder and Galactus. By far.
But we cannot say ban the Hulk or ban the Juggernaut, can we.
Hence i think the best thing to do is to ensure there is logic in threads. With logic even characters like Beyonder and Prime can be used. Without logic there will always be a fanboy who will claim Wolverine can lift 25 tons or Namor can defeat Magneto.
It boils down to logic, not characters. Because even if Galactus disappeared and the Living Tribunal was done away with there would still be issues like just how much power does Cytorrak give Juggernaut (and what exactly does 'unstoppable' mean) and how far can one go with the whole 'Hulk mad Hulk unstoppable' mantra (and just how strong is 'NEAR-unlimited strength).
Logic is key. Not banning characters.

Linkalicious
I'm guessing the people that generally make the illogical threads are new members who have probably not been on the board long enough to be a stickler for rules.

Lord-of-Dreams
No. A newbie is generally not new to comics, dude. Also, being ie doesn't make a newbyou stupid. After all,I've only been here for about a month and a half, and none of my 5 threads were so ludicris(sp. sorry) as Quan's-master of bullsh*t thrreads.

manjaro
thank goodness im complety shaved for if see one more aquaman vs namor thread i would just pull my freaking hair out!!

Max Spidey 24
I made sonic vs flash by being serious since they both have the title like fastest thing alive then people turned it into a joke so yeah.

Lord-of-Dreams
Shouldn't this have just been one PM to Tron/Paola?? Not a thread? Sorry if I'mwrong, I'm used to being a Mod. ...

nigel45
See, the problem there was that alot of people (myself included) don't read Sonic comics. I knew of them, but I was mostly just thinking about the sega Sonic. But you got to admit, at first glance it sounds like a joke thread.

Tron
Although I understand your concern, I'm turning down the request. Yes, some characters are ridiculously powerful, or have abilities that can end a fight, or whatever, but not all of them are unbeatable. All I'll say is, if you really feel a thread is ridiculous because a character is too powerful, then don't post in it, and let it die away. If you go posting in it and saying it's silly because it's one-sided, then it's you're fault for keeping the thread alive, and there's nothing you can tell me at that point.

Again, same applies as above. Don't post in a thread that you believe is stupid. It's that simple.

And Lord's right, this should've been a pm, not a thread.

Closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.