Has the Qui-Gon-scene been cut?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Roald
Recently Dark Horse comics stated that an "important revelation" has been cut from the film, but was in screenplay they recieved from Lucasfilm and thus will appear in the comic.

We all know Qui-Gon was DEFINATELY in the script, but really, has Liam Neeson ever been filmed?

I can only think of the following: this is the scene that has been cut; well not really cut, because I think it has NEVER BEEN SHOT! Not with Neeson anyway.

What do you think?

Cheesiness
Has it been cut? let's hope so.

Roald
No, no, no! The Qui-Gon scene was perfect! If only for adding some continuaty to the Prequel Trilogy!

Ushgarak
Actually, we have not know anything for definite on this point at all yet. It might have been cut. It might have been not shot. It might be in. We don't have anything concrete.

jedijunky1138
It may not have really been in the script at all.

cylob49
i hope so cause that scene made me wanna puke......"its love that will defeat the darkside" etc.........barf

Three Owls
they would'nt need to shoot it considering hes supposidley only in vocal from. They could just CGI yoda and the backgrounds, no?

JKozzy
I thought Obi was there too? blink Or does Yoda just give him the Sparknote version?

cylob49
considering the mess they made of Liam Neesons voice snippet in CLONES lets hope it aint happening....."Voiceover...voiceover NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Three Owls
oh, is he? hmm...

Sith Master X
Perhaps some of the things he cuts from the actual movie will make it on the DVD movie?

Three Owls
Hopefully.

the AOTC's deleted scenes were a jip(or is it gip?).

Sith Master X
lol Yeah the deleted scenes for AOTC really sucked, and it's a good thing he cut those out of the movie.

TPM had some deleted scenes which made it onto the dvd movie, so I'm hoping for the same with ROTS.

darktim1
Iheard only voice would be heard no image like obi-wan in return of jedi.

Sith Master X
I've heard both, so who knows what to believe now? lol

NoFate007
Well from what Supershadow (I know, I know) says, the Dagobah arrival has been cut, so it might be that if he's telling the truth.

Sith Master X
Yeah, that scene was cut sadly. sad

JKozzy
Surprisingly, he also had the correct trailer information. Pasted from another site, but still.

Darth Subjekt
OK someone tell me this...first off, this isnt EP3 per say, but it has to do with Vader and Vader is in Ep3, soooo......theres supposedly some deleted scenes of the OT where i guess Vader went to see the Emporer, and an officer and a Royal guard tried to stop him,...needless to say he kills them both. Does anyone know what im referring to or know where i can get this footage and/or pics? And before you start up, i would go ask in the OT section, but noone hardly goes there anymore. Anyway, I have to agree with cylob, if they start talking all this love crap to defeat the darkside, i think ill ram a large, dull object in my eye and have it come out of my hear so i dont have to see or hear that crap. THEN ill puke all over the people around me that are enjoying it.....

jedijunky1138
Thus the reason they were cut. stick out tongue

ARC Trooper 117
Nae......
In RotJ, early on in the script, Moff Jerjerrod was supposed to get shocked by one of the crimson Guards when approaching the Emperor....however, this scene was cut, (and not even filmed, I think).

With Vader....: The scene where Vader goes to see Palpy - when Palpy says, "I told you to wait on the Command Ship...." - Vader comes up the elevator, the door opens, and a guard blocks his way, saying something like "The Emperor does not wish to be disturbed". Vader chokes the Guard, and continues on. This scene was scraped, and only is remembered in photograph form....

Here's a good site for searching about lost/cut scenes, (though you may have to search around a bit): Blue Harvest

Phoenix2001
This is the first I've ever looked upon deleted OT scenes.

cylob49
Well i went to the newsagents before work this morning and picked up this months TOTAL FILM MAGAZINE and as well as having an EXCELLENT cover much like other UK magazines(HOTDOG and EMPIRE)recently inside there is a quote from Mcallum regarding Neeson/Qui Gon in SITH -"i just think he (Liam Neeson)was being mischeivous,maybe an image or a voiceover was being considered,but never a part."

Also included is Ewan Mcgregor doing his usual "i was a bit disapointed with the last movie but this one looks good" routine

THE COVER
http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_popup_global.asp?image=/episode3/newspics/totalfilm-april2005.gif

Captain REX
T'Bone has said that there will indeed be a part with Qui-Gon, but that he does not know much of anything about it. erm

cylob49
Well according to this mag Rick Mcallum states otherwise
so it looks like its one to score off the checklist alongside WHO ERASED KAMINO??,BOBA FETT IN EPISODE3??and DOES YODA FART???????.

jaden101
hello guys...im new but i thought i'd start my posting in this thread

correct me if im mistaken but the scene that qui gonn is allegedly in is either anakins dream sequence or yoda's vision...but as far as i know is not supposed to be in any "real life" scenes in the film

i also remember reading that the qui gonn scene is simply a flashback to a scene from the phantom menace and as such is only a re-used clip from that

i remember watching an interview with liam neeson in which he said he was embarrased by his performance and in episode 1 and blamed the production values in that everything had to be done in green and blue screen and hence was very difficult for all the actors to "get into" their respective character roles

he also said as a result of this is that he would NOT be appearing in any of the other star wars films (the interview was before attack of the clones)

so because of this i believe that he will not be in it

as for the shocking revalation that is being cut from the film

i believe it is this

it is said that sideous will be shown to have the ability learned from his master that he will be able to manipulate the midichlorians to create life...i have no doubt you have heard this theory before because this is an excellent star wars forum and you are all very knowledgable

but wasnt anakin "concieved of the midichlorians"

so is essence could it be that anakins birth and very existance was all due to the design of palpatine?

"everything is happening exactly to my design"...or whatever the emperor says in rotj

GCG
i gathered that its gonna be voice only - to Yoda - To help him 'unlearn what he has learnt' - but im not 100% sure

GCG
I'm not too sure about that but i think that there is more than a coincidence behind Qui-Gon and Maul meeting on Tattoine at the same time the boy was discovered........and the reasons Sidious wanted Padme dead.......he prob. could foresee , albeit a little cloudy , a vision of someone (Luke) interfering with his EMPIRE.

cylob49
Im sure a lot of KMC forum members will have to "unlearn what they have learned" regarding rumours that are going to be shot down come May19th.

jaden101
hahaha..thats a very good point indeed...although it must be said that most starwars forums are replete with utter garbage

what i find disturbing is the fact that most of it is probably churned out by lucas to throw people of...this includes many of the images from the film that get thrown like bones to rabid hyperspace member dogs...

an example being the gifs that were off anakin and obi wan stepping through a door into the chamber where palpatine is being held hostage and then anakin carrying out an unconcious obi wan again

these images are most definitely NOT in the film

so could most of the images we are seeing simply be "cuts" from the finished products

and for the people who are paying for these images on hyperspace...isnt that sort of ripping them off?

i tried to IMG them but souldnt cause im not "well known" enough

i'll attach them instead so if they break any rules feel free to delete them...they are on cavola...i know sansfi visits there so perhaps he can IMG them (page 15...usual thread)

jaden101
and

GCG
oh yes my dear friend ; i surely hope that lessons are learned before May 18 stick out tongue

http://flag.blackened.net/anarpics/blkred1.gif

jaden101
may 18th...thats my birthday for those of you who are going to get me a nice big present... wink

guiro72
....i wou;l;dn'\t trust what mcal;;lum says on this one....jury's still .out....stil;11;l distraught that they'\ve cut dag7pobah, so i'\m npot .-.even .-gponna think to7p7po much abpout this whpo;le qui gponn --situati7pon-....s7porry my keyb7poard ap7poears t7po be br7poken.....

jaden101
laughing out loud laughing

Naredhel
I read it today confirmed in a UK film mag (Total Film) that it was a rumour about Qui Gon appearing in ep 3... but maybe his voice is still in it? I'll check it out again.

guiro72
.....they'\ve been despoerate;ly trying tpo keepo this one a secret frpom the start.....this is why i wpou;ldn'\t trust mcca;l;lum'\s wpord pon it.....damn, stpopopoid keybpoard.....

Ushgarak
Well... this all takes us full circle...

Regarding Qui-Gon's part, we have no idea if, or evidence that, it even ever existed. I would be surprised if it is there. But it might.

That's really all we can say.

Cascador
Indeed this scene is not in the film...the door isn't cut by lightsabers anymore, it just slides open and Anakin and Obi-Wan walk through...about Obi-Wan knocked out...I don't really know what happened to that.

Darth_Vader05
i hope it hasnt been but because Qui Gon is awesesome

guiro72
obi wan is knocked out during the dooku duel (twice maybe).....the question is when does he come to?.....if he doesn't wake up straight away, then anakin would have to carry him until he does.....i never heard that shot had been cut, would appreciate an explanation, but last i heard palpatine tries to persuade anakin to leave him there and anakin refuses, so that sounds like there's still some kind of carrying scene in there.....qui gonn should be in the film, but maybe just his voice to yoda at end of film.....damn they're pulling out all the stops to try and keep this one under wraps though.....

stefaan
I don't think that if Qui-Gon does make an appareance in Episode 3 it will not be in a flashback. Has anybody ever seen a flashback in one of the 5 star wars movies? It's not Lucas' style and i don't think he's about to change it any time soon. And if Qui-Gon was a ghost why did he appear years and years later? Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda couldn't wait to get their spectral butt in the spotlight again (Endor), Qui-Gon has all the right to show up there as well.

guiro72
it would mean nothing whatsoever to luke.....no, it will not be a flashback.....also, if you re-read what you just wrote, you may come to the conclusion that you need to change your tagline thingy wink .....

Three Owls
hahaha

stefaan
Why, am i offending to much people in here?
Just like the movies a bit.

guiro72
not offended, hence the wink ......is all cool.....

Cascador
Well I don't think Qui-Gon will be in a flashback...you know the spoilers, right. Qui-Gon knowing the true power to have eternal life (from a certain point of view).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.