Moon Knight vs. Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

seaapple
Here are two heroes that get their powers from Africa. Who comes out on top in this battle?

Ignite
coz i like the black panther im gonna have to say him, but also coz hes soooooooooo great, his powers arent ova the top but still wicked, i wish i culd sense stuff like him.....ok that was weird.

KharmaDog
Don't know enough about moon knight to call this one. But lookswise they would make a pretty cool looking team.

dami wilson
who's moon kinght? How'd he get his powers n is he a man of the night?

theflyxx
Moon Knight was an ex-CIA agent and mercenary who died and was resurrected by the Egyptian god Khonshu when his body was placed in front of its statue.

His strength is enhanced by moon light and his level of strength correlates with the phases of the moon.

Moon Knight has enhanced strength and agility with extensive knowledge of martial arts, throwing weapons, and staff fighting.

Think of him as sort of a poor man's Batman.

Back on topic: Black Panther would easily defeat Moon Knight because BP outclasses MK in each and every aspect. BP is stronger, more agile, quicker, and more ruthless, not to mention his vibranium suit/claws and energy daggers.

srankmissingnin
MK power levels have vared a bit over the years. Some instances he might put up a good fight but most of the time he gets taken to the tool shed by BP.

BP doesn't surpass MK in every aspect! MK is a much better dancer...

theflyxx
No way. BP is a brother. He would dance circles around moon boy. Happy Dance

srankmissingnin
You might be right, after all Moonknight would be wearing slippers and prancing around on his tip toes... and thats lame.

ebonyblade1
This is no contest poor moonknight has to work for a living.

I say Black Panther.

ScarletSpider
Moon Knight has to work for a living? I don't get what kind of argument that is. But in all actuality he doesn't. He has two identities that are both millionairs, playboy Steven Grant, and Marc Spector, owner of Spectorcorps. Jake Lockley's a cab driver bum, sort of MK's version of Matches Malone.

BP's strong, but at his strongest, MK is stronger. Also, because of his enhanced strength at night, it's toned his overall physique to peak human. I agree that BP is faster, and a better fighter. MK carries several weapons, an extendable truncheon, crescent darts (made of various materials, silver, adamantium, other more afordable alloys), nunchucks and more. Though, BP's energy daggers and anti-metal claws can make short work of those probably. It would most likely come down to a hand to hand fight, and after awhile T'Challa would win, but MK is no feeb, this would last a lot longer than the 5 minutes others have alloted him.

ebonyblade1
Oh, this isn't the same moon knight that used to be the avengers pilot? At any rate, the comment was based on the obvious fact that he doesn't have the resources of tchalla. He is no feeb. yeah but clearly this battle belongs to black panther.

seaapple
Moon Knight's powers were always sort of mysterious. When he was down and almost out he always believed that Khonshu saved him. It was never clear cut, but it was mystical, or a touch of luck. This is one advantage that he has. Also, he is quite rutheless as he was a mercenary in the past. And he was a little bit disturbed mentally, his 4 personalities definitely were not balanced. He used these personalities as resources for gaining information. The original Moon Knight comic (drawn by Bill Sienkiewicz) did not stress the whole strength/phase of the moon thing too much.

But Black Panther is a king. He also has a legitimate connection to Africa so maybe Khonshu would be less apt to come to the aid of Marc Spector vs. him. His resources dwarf even the millionaire Steven Grant's.

In the end I too think that Black Panther would win, but I think it is a good match up because they are both mysterious heroes that don't rely extensively on superpowers. I think it is something where Black Panther would win 8 out of 10 times. Moon Knight has defeated some very tough foes, so I don't discount him totally.

I think that Moon Knight has him beat in terms of costume though. His is one of Marvel's best costume designs. The original series was well written and well drawn. They should have given him better powers. Also, maybe it would make sense if a hero supported by an ancient Egyptian god was a person of color...

Eden Unicorn
I like Black Panther more and more every day now. I wish he would rejoin the avengers. I'd like to see a squad of Street Avengers with Cap. Black Panther, daredevil, moonknight, hawkeye, spiderman and wolverine, Powerman.
I've seen Red Skull defeat Black Panther. I took Cap to save him.
Moonknight tends to win his battles. That's the way he works. He's sorta reluctant but I think he wouldn't feel all to bad about beating up Panther.
Moonknight is a losers hero, he almost always wins. That's his power, like it or not.

ScarletSpider
In Panther's series it was revealed that his Panther God was actually Bast, the egyptian panther/cat goddess. Panther's herbs provide a sort of mystical link to her, so he already has an African god as his avatar, and Khonshu's put too much of his own faith and power into Marc to back out.

As for Marc being a whiteguy, well he was a traveling mercenary, and though it would make sense for the Fist of Khonshu to be Egyptian, I think Khonshu supposedly took note of his heroic dying hour and decided to help him out, regardless of skin color.

srankmissingnin
I agree with seaapple... Moonknight has a better costume.

seaapple
ScarletSpider,

That's interesting that Black Panther is Bast's avatar. I did not know that. I was thinking also just of the fact that T'Challa is a ruler in Africa and that perhaps a mercenary wasn't there in the past for the benefit of the African people. But you are right in that Spector was chosen the Fist of Khonshu and simply fighting an African would not cause Khonshu to fail to let him down.

I sort of like the side of the Moon Knight character that there was a mystical edge to how he won his fights. I remember in one he almost lost before he decided to use a spiked cestus over his fist. He got really brutal and finally triumphed. I think that was Moon Knight #25, the first series. All of the issues around that tiem were great. That is the Moon Knight character at his best. Also, he wasn't too musclebound yet, which looked better. He seems better when a little more sleek and agile looking. (But that is true of most Marvel characters, think of the classic Silver Surfer and then the Silver Surfer now.)

Anyway, I like Black Panther's T'Challa alter ego better, but Moon Knight and the Khonshu connection are very cool. I think it is a cool battle because of the Africa connection, etc, and now that it would also represent a battle of avatars of Egyptian gods it is even more interesting.

ScarletSpider
We learn about Bast being connected to T'Challa in Black Panther issues #21 and 22 (Priest's run), which, coincidentally, guest-stars Moon Knight. It's also drawn by Sal Velluto, who pencilled the first 24 issues of Moon Knight's own title way back when.

Grey Ghost
Moon Knight takes Panther in the seventh round with a well placed truncheon to the back of his head. Where's Frenchie during the fight?

jinzin
at his best, moon knight.

Banner
Originally posted by Eden Unicorn
I like Black Panther more and more every day now. I wish he would rejoin the avengers. I'd like to see a squad of Street Avengers with Cap. Black Panther, daredevil, moonknight, hawkeye, spiderman and wolverine, Powerman.
I've seen Red Skull defeat Black Panther. I took Cap to save him.
Moonknight tends to win his battles. That's the way he works. He's sorta reluctant but I think he wouldn't feel all to bad about beating up Panther.
Moonknight is a losers hero, he almost always wins. That's his power, like it or not.

In Avengers " Red Zone " Black Panther beat Red Skull and saved Captain America, Falcon and Iron Man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.