Remake nominations.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mardook
If you could nominate 5 movies that would be remade. Ignore all things like whether the Original was untouchable. This is just for fun... imagine if the money was there not to mention the authority to make the remake better. So which 5 movies would you nominate? Oh and no movies from the 90's. Anything before that is acceptable.
Here is my list.

01. War of The Worlds: If it happens, give it more of a military angle.
02. The Ten Commandments: To make it different, why not reimagine the story in a future setting or even an off world setting. If not, follow the Original but sprinkle with factual and interesting twists like maybe posing the idea of UFO' worship on Moses' part.
03. He-Man: For all the cartoon fans out there. Frank Langella was cheesey.
04. Poltergeist: All recent spook flicks have failed to awe us. They could either remake or revive this one.
05. The Witches of Eastwick: As much as I love Jack Nicholson's Daryl character this one would be interesting to see with a different setting. Maybe it can take place during the Puritan Days.

evil face

hrh_jennifer
I don't know if I can think of 5 right now, but I think Dungeons and dragons could be made much better, not nearly as hammy and with a much better cast, my second wouldn't actually be a re-make but I would have loved Baz Luhrman's Romeo and Juliet if only Leonardo di Caprio wasn't in it, I just can't watch him at all! Other than that, I love old films such as The Court Jester, Hans Christian Andersen and The Slipper and the Rose etc. so it would be cool to see how they would be made again (this would be just for fun, as in these cases I think the originals are untouchable and there will never be another Danny Kaye!) :-)

hrh_jennifer
Just realised that Dungeons and dragons is a nineties movie which you specifically asked to be left out, sorry!

mardook
Actually I don't mind bending the rules just a tad. Besides D & D sucked and would warrant a remake anyway. smile

Kes
If I'm not mistaken an He-man movie is in the works, with Tom Cruise as He-man. sick

mardook
Hmm... well. In that case they should rename it to He-Wants-Man!!! big grin

Cinemaddiction
I'm hoping you're very VERY mistaken there, Kes. Besides, the original "He Man" movie is a friggin' cult classic! To go and ruin that, on top of make the movie when there is absolutely no interest in the character, is cinematic suicide for whoever where to pick that project up.

Fire
never the less jennifer dungeons and dragons sucked. it could have been so much better

Myth
Tom Cruise as He-man? He is way to tiny.

Kes
Oh, sorry my bad. Its Iron Man stick out tongue

Lord Soth
I was just about to say something about that big grin

One that I would like to see remade would be Wonder Woman. One thing that I always hated about it was that an Amazon Princess would NOT wear a brightly colored costume like that. I would like it remade with a more Amazonian feel.

eleveninches
1. Superman (the first movie)
2. It's a wonderful life
3. Star Wars: Episode 1 (any remake has to be less disapointing than this movie)
4. Lord of the Flies
5. Predator

ejay1
Lets remake Ghostbusters, Captain America, and Footloose.

MarkHobin
Indiana Jones....any of them.
Poltergeist...they could so make that movie more convincing now.
thats all i can think of....its 4:30 am!!

Tom Cruise could play She-man!

Cinemaddiction
I can see Tom Cruise as Tony Stark (Iron Man).

Remake "Predator"?!? BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They'll never revisit "Predator", and especially not "Episode 1". That was a lesson learned on Lucas's behalf.

Mark, did you not enjoy any of the Indy trilogy movies? I say that because I found all 3 to be boring personally, and most everyone else bites my head of for saying so.

Samas-adian
I like the Jones Trilogy. i find it fun to watch.. buts thats me personally.

How bout no remakes, something original.......please original....

umm War of the Worlds i hear is being redone by Spielbergh...and has tom cruise in it.

Samas-adian
And predator is blasphemy.

One of the best action flicks...with the Terminator 1 and 2

Lord Soth
I'm not going to bite your head off, but it begs the question WHY?!

boxofdeath2.0
I nominate Matrix: Revolutions (which is not from the 90s mind you), boy did that move suck and blow all at the same time.

MarkHobin
i dont mind the original Jones, but it would be fun to see it again, just using more advanced equipment.

Curl_Up&Dye
1) Jaws 1...an awesome movie...but maybe remade with a more realistic looking shark...

2)The Rocky Horror Picture Show...another classic...but I'd like to see what they do with it.

3) The Exorcist...we have better special effects now...even though i love the original

Xena!
I think "Love Story" should have a remake. another film that would make a good remake is "Breaking away"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.