Laptop brands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChickinMeat
Im looking in to getting myself a nice spankin' new laptop, but i only know of 2 major brands, and they are Dell and Packard Bell.

Anyone be able to recomend me some good laptop brands (preferably available in new zealand), or if you own laptops could you recomend me some good models.

thanks in advance for any advice.

Smasandian
I think AlienWare makes laptops. Check alot of the PC gaming magazines, they usually have gaming laptops. But you have to pay your leg for them though.

SaTsuJiN
http://www.g4tv.com/screensavers/features/622/Roundup_Top_Laptops_for_Gaming.html
(this one is 2004 though)

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Notebooks/4521-6527_16-5021302-7.html
(this was updated 2005.. so it should be good)

Machete_Guy
i would say Dell are the best.

ChickinMeat
cheers for all your info, i shall add it to my notes!

Smasandian
Check out the laptops in the new Comptuter Gaming World. They have three laptops reviewed and they say its the best laptop for gaming ever made (but that will be toppled in like 3 days)
They use the new GeForce Go 6800 and are clocked at around 50 fps with Doom 3, Half Life 2, Far Cry and UT2k4 with every single thing on.
So they're pretty powerful and thier not from Dell.

ChickinMeat
thats one thing i was wondering about, which graphics accelerator would you guys want in a new rig? an ATi card or an Nvidia card? Always had ATi, so dont know whether i should change or not, what do you think?

DiViNe diFiNIty
i use toshiba brand there laptops are reliable
i have had the one i have got for 4 year

ChickinMeat
Ive heard Toshiba are good, ill have to look into them

Smasandian
Well the graphics cards are different in laptop's because of size and thats why laptops are never as fast as desktops. Nvidia has this crazy ass chip that they released which is super tiny and I think most laptops use.

ChickinMeat
You wouldnt happen to know the name of this crazy chip would you? is it a smaller version of the 6800?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.