General Grievous's fighting style

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chilled monkey
Is anyone curious about how the General will fight?

Presumably he uses the two-sword style mostly. Supposedly he can split his arms in two to use four lightsabres although that will probably be saved for last.

Will we see the stuff from the cartoon? Doing handstands and using his sabres with his feet, spinning around really fast etc.

What do you think?

jaden101
i hope he tries to use the greivous spin and anakin force jumps above him and brings the sabre straight down into his head and he graudually slows down and falls and just as he is about to fall over anakin flips backward and cuts him to ribbons with bits of him flying all over the place

GCG
usually he fights with the crane style but i think he will be using the drunken monkey style on Utapau.

nah seriously, this semi-droid uses its mechanical enhancements as a preferred style as mentioned above with the spin and it also has dodge attacks

smoker4
The art of fighting without fighting, boards dont hit back smokin'

jnolan
I think it was confirmed somewhere (sorry dont remember where), that grevious' fighting in ROTS would not be as over the top as it is in the cartoons i.e., using his feet and spinning alot. He will most likley fight normally with just two arms, then when Obi starts to beat him back will split his arms into four and fight with all four at one time, and give the audience that WOW feeling cool

J-Unit
dooku trained this guy so who knows whistle

Captain REX
Too bad he doesn't fight Anakin! stick out tongue

bilb
laughing

Stunrun
u got there before me REXlaughing out loud

jaden101
so who fights his henchmen...cause these would suggest that its obi wan fighting them

jaden101
and not forgeting

Stunrun
"so who fights his henchmen...cause these would suggest that its obi wan fighting them"

correctyes

jaden101
aahhh...so obi wan takes on the whole lot himself...is that in one go or in separate fights?...and where is anakin at this point?

Stunrun
now that im not sure aboutwink i guess we'll wait and see

jaden101
mmm...im sure there is going to be more to it than that...either it must happen just prior to the dooku fight or quite long after it

given that the dooku fight is going to be relatively early in the film then it would suggest that the grievous fight would be after it

so at that point anakin must be with palpatine being his bodyguard/representative whatever

oh bugger...now im just getting confused laughing

chilled monkey
Thank you all for your comments. Should be interesting to see the bodyguards in action with their anti-lightsabre weapons (at first I thought 'what does he need bodyguards for?' but it makes sense now I think about it.)

I wonder if Grievous will mostly use the two-sword style (which seems to be en vogue at the moment) as most of the pics show him with two? And will we get to see him kill any Jedi to show his power? Probably not as they'll just say that's what the cartoon was for, but there's still a chance.

bilb
Yes Obi has to take them all on himself. Anakin is back on Coruscant, presumably at this point either being manipulated by Palps, committing the Temple Slaughter or on his way to Mustafar....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.