Is the new trailer showing too much?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I just read the summary on mf.com, and damn, the new trailer is going to be showing a lot of stuff.

But is it too much?

Just want your thoughts.

I guess it doesn't really matter to me, either way I'm going to be watching whatever I can get my hands on a million time over.

The only way I could have avoided spoilers is if I went back in time to May 18th 1999 (The day before TPM), and went up to my youngerself and handed over a dvd player with a box set of the whole saga and said: "here you go". That would'ev been a day long remembered.

guiro72
yes, it's too much.....but being that i'm in this forum all the time, i have no right to say so.....

Three Owls
I think to us it may seem so, but maybe to someone who is spoiler free, they still kinda won't know what's going on.

like, if you've ever watched a trailer after you've seen the movie, it's like "what the hell! they gave away the whole thing!" but before hand you wouldnt really know...y'know?

stefaan
How does he know all this?

bilb
I dont know, but this trailer sounds friggin awesome!! I cannot wait to see it!! rock

The Ones
it comes out on 8th march, not long to wait

Stunrun
ive seen far too much already, bring it on!big grin

but i still think they should of left Vader to be shown on the Theatrical release, right on the last shot! man that would of been so much sweeterbig grin

stefaan
If all of this is true, and i think it is, it's gonna be really cool. I'm gonna love the Ki-Adi and Aayla and the clones shot. And of course the Sidious ones. I just hope i can see it quickly.

Sith Master X
Yeah it's showing alot...but it's worth it! Showing the good stuff will make the anticipation that much greater.

Stunrun
12 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a lil off subject but has anyone got the 100th collectors edition issue of Total Film magazine?? it totally rocks! rock its like a hologram thingy, if u tilt it to one side it reveals Vader, and if u tilt to the other side it reveals Anakin, its well coolwink plus Rick McCallum says the F word like 10 times in an interview inside!laughing out loud

ok im donesmile

Wat Tambor
is Aayla in the trailer too

Sith Master X
I think she is, briefly.

Malic Clanorian
i think it will show just the right amount of things to get people to watch the movie...it shows just enough to notify everyone star wars fans or not whats going down in the next movie and how dark it is...

Lowbacca
Surrounded by Clone Troopers she is. wink

XX Emperor XX
The more the better it will just make the wait 'till May 19th even more agonizing

DarkYoda
Yeah...it's too much...

But I like too much!! big grin

This has got to be the longest trailer ever though. There must be hundreds of separate shots from the MF description. It sounds like it is 2 or 3 times as long as the last one.

So many details are being given away that I wonder if there may be a carefully guarded secret to this movie that only a handful of people know about. If you saw the documentary on the OT DVDs you know that Lucas told only the people he had to about the ESB revelation. David Prowse didn't even know. Mark Hamill found out just before he had to act the scene.

We can only hope. (has fingers crossed that JarJar gets killed *warm fuzzy feeling*)

Sith Master X
It's supposed to be 2 and half minutes long I think, or somewhere around there.

Morridini
I'll have to wait for it to come out before giving an answer.

Stunrun
these last 3 months will really make us suffer. we'll have the theatrical trailer.....well, u know what the atmosphere was like at KMC when the teaser was released!big grin we'll be in shock for a few weeks, then the clone wars season 3 that'll lead right up to the opening shot of ROTSeek! then all da merchandiseeek! then the soundtrackeek!then the videogameeek! its making my head dizzy! wacko rolling on floor laughing

Malic Clanorian
i dont know how long it will be theres alot of info from MF indeed but i think alot of it are breif shots not long at all, and most shots have voice overs going on in the background while it rolls threw scenes so i think you may have to watch it over a couple times to really figure out whats going on in the trailer visually at least...

Lowbacca
It's 2:26 minutes long. Happy Dance

vader519
Well to me, it really is not alot. Anyways, if you are are right now, you already know too much already so it really makes no differnece. I can't wait to see it.

LandoSpeeder2
I very much think this trailer is showing to much.

thank the Lord!!!!

Stunrun
how long was the teaser trailer? i think it was like a minute and a half, correct me if im wrong, so the theatrical would be roughly twice that! hey, thats long enough for mebig grin

XX Emperor XX
well here's a discription of the trailer again. Now that I think about it is showing a lot. Maybe because this is the last trailer if you remember AOTC had I think 3 teaser trailers and 1 full trailer.
Lucasfilm Logo, 20th Century Fox Logo

-A Theta-Class shuttle and three fighters fly by the camera towards Coruscant.
-Coruscant, late afternoon, the Republic Executive Office appears for a brief moment.
-Palpatine (close-up, speaking very slowly, deliberately, looking straight ahead, watching the ballet)

PALPATINE
...The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

ANAKIN
Is this possible to learn those powers?"

PALPATINE
Not from a Jedi.

-A civilian shuttle turns over the Coruscant cityscape towards the Senate building.
-Obi-Wan and Anakin are inside the Temple, walking down stairs.

OBI-WAN
"The Council wants you to report on all the Chancellors dealings."

Magna Droids stand with two Battle Droids.

ANAKIN
"That's treason."

Palpatine standing up from his chair in his private office.

OBI-WAN
"We are at war, Anakin."

-The space battle and some explosion where clone-troopers die.
-Anakin moves to take a seat in the Chancellor's private viewing box in Galaxies Opera. We see huge spheres of water levitating over stage with dancers inside them.

Mace (voice over, in a grim voice)

MACE
"...Very dangerous putting them together... "

Palpatine in his office, patting Anakin's shoulder.

MACE
"I don't think the boy can handle it... "

Mace & Obi-Wan in the gunship over Coruscant.

MACE
"I don't trust him."

-Tri droids blazing guns, Republic fighter exploding, debris flying by.
-Palpatine in his office (concerned).

PALPATINE
"I need your help, son."
-Palpatine walks away from Anakin:

PALPATINE
"I'm appointing you to be my personal representative on the Jedi Council."
-Anakin standing in the middle of the Jedi Council room. We see him from behind. Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo-Koon appear holographic with other Jedi Masters present.

MACE
"You're on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master."
-Kenobi looks away from Anakin's reaction.

ANAKIN (close-up, shocked)
"What?"
-In Padme's apartment - Bedroom.

ANAKIN (to Padme, bitterly)
"Obi-Wan and the Council don't trust me."
-Huge gun with clone crew, large explosion aboard ship.

Palpatine (V.O)
"Learn to know the dark side of the Force... "
-Anakin grim and focused, listening; then with Padme, at night on the balcony.

PALPATINE in his office (forcefully)
"... And you'll achieve power greater than any Jedi. "
-Anakin briefly fighting Dooku and then the posse entering private office.

Music stops.

The Jedi ignite light sabers.

MACE
"You're under arrest, Chancellor."

Palpatine in his chair carefully controlling his anger.

PALPATINE
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

Close up: light-saber hilt snaps to Palpatine's hand with audible click.

From now on, 10 drum beats and no other sound - one for each short (second or two) scene

- Posse enter, but this time Sidious jumps in its direction from behind (over) the camera, we only see his back; then Mace in defensive pose;

- Ship (Grievous' fighter) flying away from a planet;

- Obi-Wan in huge control room on Utapau, totally surrounded by battle droids, Magna Guards and Grievous;

- Capital ships fighting in close quarters, one of them falling down smoking heavily;

- Bail shouting in his speeder, with blaster shots flying by;

- Obi-Wan's fighter flying over Utapau;

- Anakin hanging in the elevator (turbo lift) shaft;

- Camera flying down to Mustafar surface;

- Grievous versus Obi-Wan Kenobi duel; we see Grievous from behind only; his fighter and some rocks in the background.

- One-tracked vehicle (tank) speeding on and closing to the camera; Wookiees jump off it, one of them straight on the camera.

Long shot: pillar of smoke over Jedi Temple.

Music returns.

Emperor's voice from the Original Trilogy.

SIDIOUS
"Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic..."

During this line, brief scenes are shown: Sidious' not so pretty face, Obi-Wan looking anxiously at droids closing on him, then Mace with saber and Palpatine's back (his hair indicates strong wind), then Yoda with clones behind his back - aiming blasters at him.

Chewbacca (close-up), roars.

Tantive IV flies by, towards a planet.

PALPATINE (V.O.)
Do what must be done.

During this line: Anakin Skywalker looks very dark and dangerous, hooded in robe, then leading ranks of troops (shot first from high above and then from ground level, closing to the camera).

PALPATINE (cont.)
"Do not hesitate... "

During this line: Aayla Secura surrounded by clones who aim blasters at her....

PALPATINE (cont.)
"Show no mercy..."

Ki-Adi-Mundi also surrounded by clones; they open fire and he tries to block shots with light saber.

Then, Anakin Skywalker approaches the camera, probably in a Mustafar bunker, then cuts down two separatists.

OBI-WAN KENOBI (to Yoda inside the Temple):
"Who could have done this?"

Anakin Skywalker cutting a Neimoidian.

A very Sith-like Anakin Skywalker, standing on the pillared balcony on Mustafar, in dark cloak and hood.

YODA (to Obi-Wan)
"Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker has become."

Anakin Skywalker cutting into another Neimoidian.

See Threepio, leaving Padme on the balcony, Coruscant at night: "I feel so helpless...".

Then a montage:

* Battle over Coruscant.
* Jedi star fighter incoming.
* Padme crying.
* Anakin and Obi-Wan duel in large hall.
* Coruscant battle again.
* Kashyyyk battle.
* Obi-Wan and Anakin exchange light saber blows in a narrow corridor, with sparks flying off the walls.
* Sidious shooting force lightning at a surprised Yoda.
* Obi-Wan with hands outstretched for a force push, determined and tight, like in a contest "who's stronger in The Force".
* A 10-wheeled Juggernatu tank shoots rockets straight ahead.
* Space battle with R2 close-up.
* Obi-wan jumps back, down to the circuit/ pipe hanging over a lava river.
* Anakin Skywalker with lava in the background.
* Obi-Wan Kenobi with lava in the background, shouting very dramatically, almost through the tears:

OBI-WAN KENOBI -
"You were the chosen one!"

* Space explosions.
* Sidious throwing Senate pods with The Force.
* Yoda avoiding them and rolling over - Senate chamber in the background.
* Sidious with light saber close-up, with a very sinister smile or laugh.
* Craft flying over water, possibly on Kashyyyk; fountains of water arise.
* Huge wave of lava falls over a pipe on Mustafar.
* Obi-Wan and Anakin duel on the balcony. (The same place where Anakin stood earlier, Sith-looking).
* Yoda looks up at the camera, close-up.
* Mace swinging his saber and kicking or falling back
* Space battle again.
* Anakin and Obi-Wan exchange light saber blows in mid-air, flying over lava on long cables...

Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith Logo

Breathing...
Shot from their left side, aboard the Star Destroyer: Vader folding arms on his chest and and Emperor staring straight ahead.

Darth_Vader05
I think the trailer isnt showing enough cant wait until i get the trailer on March 8th cuz i have hyperspace.

Sadako of Girth
Don't worry too much. Sure. "2 and a half minutes" it may be,
but I reckon it'll all be fleeting stuff by the description of it all...
And LFL after the (admittedly debatable) fuss they made about the leaked still probably aren't exactly gonna be showing us massive long cuts of each scene anyway..... IMHO... And there so much to cover in 2hrs 15+
that I doubt they'll be able to damage us that much with montage/snippets.. Theres bound to be plenty of surprises for us left and as other people rightly voiced, anyone THAT knowing of the movie as to be able to connect 3 second segments with what they already know already, are going to have drank deep from the spoiler well already.... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.