Data vs Terminator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FG2Lucius
Who would win Data or Terminator

pr1983
which terminator? arnie?

FG2Lucius
Yes the T-100

pr1983
t-800 isnt it? not sure what number...

anyway... data wins, he's stronger, faster, smarter...

FG2Lucius
I kind of agree but the Terminator is hard to kill. And I think their farly even in strength. IMHO

eleveninches
Data would win agaisnt the crappy T-1 models from T3.
But he would get shredded against a T-101 or T-800 or T-1000 or T-X.
Data was not designed to be a combat android. He was designed to be an android without emotions.

chilled monkey
It's true that Data wasn't designed specifically for combat, but I think he could defeat the T-800 as his technology is more advanced.

eleveninches
not much. The t-800 mimics humans more accurately than data, and it isnt even their prime funcion. Data's main goal is to imitate humanity

spetznaz
Data is basically an android made to imitate humanity. He also has an amazing computer-brain and all that stuff.

But the Terminator models (everything from the one in the first T movie to the T-X) were made for combat. And to be actually pretty good at it.

Data would have a very slim chance of defeating the T-800 (actually slim to none), absolutely no chance of defeating the T-1000, and would be re-programmed by the TX.

Data against a Terminator would be like having a Cray Supercomputer that can walk fight an Abrams Main Battle Tank with sentience. Barring external circumstances (like the Cray having the resources of an army) the MBT would easily win, every time. The computer may compute a trillions strategies, but in a fight between the two the computer will still get a HEAT shell up its @$$!

Data would get destroyed. Now, if he had access to Star Fleet tech it would be another issue. But if it is just Data solo, and a Terminator after his behind, the world would be short one really cool walking humanoid computer!

pr1983
i thin you guys are underestimating data's strength...

against all but a t-800 he's f*cked...

i believe he can beat a t-800...

data's body is extremely resistant to physical harm, as much if not moreso than the t-800...

data had picard for a mentor, that would f*ck anyone up...

data wasn't built with an emotion chip, thats why he failed so much, because he tried to imitate humans without the concept of emotion...

t-800 was built with synthetic skin to make him appear human, data wasn't...

t-800 barely passed for human once it opened its mouth...

star trek first contact, data lifts up a borg and f*cks it down a corridor, thats pretty strong...

he didn't have a killer instinct like the t-800, but he has an emotion chip now, if he was pushed i believe he could do it...

Swanky-Tuna
Does Data get his tricorder and/or phaser?

Keep in mind, Data is very fast as seen when he reconfigured all those chips in like 30 seconds.

pr1983
indeed, his reflexes are almost superhuman...

and i dont think he gets em...

chilled monkey
Let's assume at first, it's hand-to-hand.

I still say Data. Remember, Terminators can pass themselves off as human due to their organic outer covering. They have no intention of learning about humanity or discovering emotions, etc. They know just enough to blend in. Data is always trying to understand feelings.

And, as pointed out, he has much better reflexes and vast strength.

GRIMM THING
I loved it when Data was kicking the BORG's butts smile

Napalm
t-800 close battle

t-1000 data gets shreded

T-x data begs for mercy

FG2Lucius
Hand to hand no weapons and Data could have a Tricorder but I don't see that a Tricorder would make that much difference. Data could tell that T-800 was a machine like he did his "mother" in that episode just by observation. And I think as far as strength they would been even. But sheer intellect Data wins. The fight would be cool to watch.

FG2Lucius
I don't know the only thing the T-1000 an T-x have on Data is the liquid metal thing and I don't think the T-x could reprogram Data.

Swanky-Tuna
With a tricorder, he can scan the terminators for weaknesses. Maybe reprogram them.

FG2Lucius
Data could probably do that with out the tricorder.

DarkCrawler
big grin

http://www.movie-comics.com/comics/030110.gif

DarkCrawler
laughing

http://www.movie-comics.com/comics/030222.gif

DarkCrawler
laughing out loud

http://www.movie-comics.com/comics/031018.gif

Swanky-Tuna
Bahahahahahahaha... poor Brent Spiner

DarkCrawler
http://www.movie-comics.com/comic.php?strip_id=236

data 0001
you cant rule out data's massive intellect. if he knew the t-1000 was coming after him for any reasonable amount of time hed be able to prepare. if he really was able to examine his composition hed find a way to take him down. granted hed get his ass kicked in a hand to hand fight but it wouldnt come to that. the ability to change form wouldnt fool him either, based on the example of his mother.

MERCILOUS
Data get his ass kicked in a hand to hand fight? nonsense, he could run all sorts of different battle programs, and mix them up in a way that Terminator wouldn't be able to calculate it with his AI until it was too late.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.