Dakota Fanning In Oz Remake??????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

enyafreak
yooung hollywood actress and star of the new 'war of the worlds' remake
Dakota Fanning is being "seriously considered" for the central role of dorothy gale in the big budget remake of 'The wizard of Oz'

'The Great Oz' the films working title is due to be filmed early next year and producers are currently looking at the prospects

botankus
Any particular reason you only post about The Wizard of Oz? If you're a little hooked on it, I've got good news: now you can get it on DVD.

enyafreak
yeh there is a reason. im a huge oz fan. any objections?

botankus
Nope. I like The Wizard of Oz, too. I'm not so sure a big-budget remake will be all it's cracked up to be.

Napalm
Don't let eleveninches see this thread

dizzyblondegirl
with the singing and everything r u serious i cant see that happening

botankus
I was talking about the special effects. If it's big budget then I think it will look like they went a bit overboard with the effort and it will take away from the original concept.

dizzyblondegirl
oh i see but still what do you think about what i said before then with the singing

Cinemaddiction
laughing out loud

dizzyblondegirl
yeah laughing

botankus
Not a whole lot, DBG.

forumcrew
back to the topic i think dakota fanning would be great for the role, shes better then most adult actresses out there

Norma Jean
She's a fantastic actress.

ragesRemorse
Who says nothing is sacred? A remake for wizard of Oz is probably the best idea hollywood ever had. Who keeps making these wizard of oz threads?

botankus
Refer to the second post of this thread.

BlackC@t
I heard this was not some childish musical, there's to be no singing and it's meant to be very dark.

I really don't want Dokota Fanning as Dorothy, bring on some new unknown, but very good, child actor.

Botankus, I love what it says under your sig! laughing

Norma Jean
Wanna know somethine? Who cares about being unknown when you're such a great actress, they probably couldn't find someone else who is better.

Cinemaddiction
That's for damn sure.

BlackC@t
Never knew she was so praised around here huh

Time Of Evil
Dakota Fanning Is not unknown. She played the leading role in Taken, a steven spielberg movie, and has starred in Hide and Seek, a horror movie in which again she is one of the two lead roles.

She certainly isn't unknown, and she is a fantastic actress.

BlackC@t
I never said she was unknown. I just said it would be better if the actress who was picked was unknown.

Innocent_Dakota
This isn't true at all... They haven't even considered a Re-Make of a classic like this... She has gotten the role as Alice in the adaptation of Alice in Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass.... Saying that she is considered for the Wizard of Oz is either pure speculation or a made up tale... Who did you hear this from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.