Hulk or Godzilla or Superman or Thor vs. cosmic entity (like Galactus)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

seaapple
Galactus is a force of the universe. It is always strange to me how some would even think to put heroes like the Hulk or Superman on that level. It just doesn't make sense that being from another planet or being hit with gamma radiation makes a being so incredibly all powerful. At least a hero like Silver Surfer was granted powers by an entity like Galactus so it makes sense for his powers to be on a cosmic scale. I know a lot more about Silver Surfer than Superman, but it seems like his powers have gotten all out of proportion from the original intent of Superman (the original couldn't even fly!) Silver Surfer was conceived of as a cosmic power. Hal Jordan Green Lantern seems the same. Godzilla came from Earth, so it also doesn't make sense to put it on that all powerful level. I am not arguing that Silver Surfer is more powerful at this point in the storylines, but just that his power makes more sense in the comics' world.

Personally I think that some of the purity of the comics is diminished when so many beings compete for the all-powerful, godlike mantle. Originally, the only way to defeat Galactus was to threaten him with the Ultimate Nullifier, plain and simple. And even then Galactus just sort of went away with disinterest. It was really cool when beings like The Watcher and Galactus were more rare and had more mystique to them.

So regarding the battle in this thread, cosmic entity wins with next to no care.

kgkg
cosmic entity are all capabily of mass galaxy/universal distruction.

they can't be deafeat of Hulk or Godzilla or Superman or Thor add few other 100 of hero and they whould still loose.

Think about it.

Enternity , Galactus , In-bet , LT

all have power to do massive distruction to the universe if not distroy it.

seaapple
That's my point.

But when I do a search there are actually threads about these types of battle that actually have some arguments on them. Also I wanted to respond to threads making statements about earthly heroes that just give them too much power for their stories to even be entertaining.

Part of the reason why some heroes are entertaining is that they have limitations...it isn't a sign of disrespect to say that your favorite hero can be defeated by someone.

Lord S
Ok thank you for telling us what we already knew.

kgkg
seaapple , your rite people that say something like hulk/jugs can beat galactus in pure fan boy shit.

Hulk will keep getting stonger than he will punch a whole to galactus and Jug won't get hurt.

Both are bullshit.

and Galactus is not the stongest Cosmic being in MU , LT can distroy the universe but it's not really a fight is it.

It's like me vs God.

But sometime is good to compete entities vs enties to see who is greater .

King Burger
Very good points seaapple, I too am sickened by how Galactus
was reduced to some idiot who gets beaten often (by Alpha
Flight no less!), and who needs Reed Richards to heal him.

What bs!

But that's what happens when a comic book character gets really
big and famous, he get over-used. And eventually his powers
and abilities fluctuate. If he's weak, they'll make him stronger
to be able to fight more opponents (like Wolverine), or if he's
strong, then they'll make him weaker, for the same reasons (like
Galactus).

This is why I prefer the Celestials, they are still a mystery.

mdbull73
Thor derailed the Celestials in THOR 387-388, and managed to crack Exitar the Exterminator's armor.

Thor probably couldn't beat Galactus on brute force, but he could fight forever with his hammer, and Galactus would probably expend enough energy during the fight to consider another world eating strategy.

kgkg
"Thor probably couldn't beat Galactus on brute force, but he could fight forever with his hammer"

That's not true Thor alredy fought Galactus he Got his ass Blown him and his hammer are no match for the power cosmic of Galactus.

he won't last more than more than a sec.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.