Dark Phoenix vs. all of DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CountQuan
Who wins?

Victor Von Doom
That's a huge, huge, mismatch.

Gryn Jabar
Victor's right, DP would ruckus DC.

DarkCrawler
DC would kill DP.

spetznaz
You are insane.

Parallax by himself would destroy the Dark Phoenix.

Team up Parallax and Ion and DP becomes lobotomized and turned into a cosmic geisha.

And note that Parallax and Ion are not even the strongest denizens of the DCU. So, what do you think would happen if all of the DCU was involved?

It was ridiculous for this thread to be made in the first place (although Count Q has a history of posting really lopsided threads), but it is even more ludicrous that someone would think that the Dark Phoenix solo could take on the entire DCU.

Gryn Jabar
I did that because:
A) I love listening to people go on how I suck on an internet message board regarding a fight between comic book characters, especially by a guy named after a russian military force.
B) I was being sarcastic.

spetznaz
Hmmm, that calls for a retort.

a) For one i personally believe in being as specific and as accurate as possible, whether it is something as mundane as me posting on a forum that deals with silly comic book characters, or as professional as me placing a call option on energy futures. I have learnt that specificity and accuracy always pay in the end, and it has served me quite well in all respects (and paid very well). And with that said, the name Spetznaz is just as good as Gryn Jabar, and less gibberish-esque sounding for that matter.

b) I'm never sarcastic.

jffxex1980
DP isn't going to go down without a fight and she's certainly going to take a sizeable amount of heroes if she ever goes down with her. She'll give them a good workout.

Never
Yeah right.

Hegemon875
Superman prime is more than enough, but just to be safe anit-monitor would tear DP apart.

Never
Yeah right!

jffxex1980
DP would absorb Prime's powers like she did with the sun and burn half of DC while telepathically shutting down half of DC's brains 'cuz she's jean grey and when u piss off a cosmic diety, pray to god she doesn't turn u into a syphilliated transvestite

Superherovandal
don't forget that the Spectre just zap the DP out of existance and bring all the other heroes that DP killed back to life.

kgkg
DP will be deafeated there are too many power than are beyond her in DC i can think of at least 20 .

Quick Freeze
darksied, superman prime, ion, spectre???

Tron
Batmanwink

Just give him five minutes...

FIVE MINUTES!!

Alpha Centauri
With Jimmy Olsen?

Fuhgeddabowdit.

-AC

DarkCrawler
http://img146.exs.cx/img146/736/batman26ff.gif

eleveninches
do you REALISE how overpowered DC is?? eek!

CountQuan
SUperman's Dark Phoenix's worst problem.

jffxex1980
RIIIIIGHT!!! She comes charging all blaze and hell wearing nuthin' more than an apple red bikini and just a phoenix emblem over her chest pushing her already big ass boobs higher, making all the guys of DC stop in their tracks and stare at her while she picks them off one by one.

Napalm
laughing out loud

LordFear
well I would put Supes and Doomsday against Phoenix and game over.

jffxex1980
DP would send supes sorry ass back to Krpton and as for Doomsday...leseeee let's do the math here kids, a raging psychopath with horns everywhere versus a cosmic primal force with a five mile radius of fire around here? I think not. On his best day, he'd would last ten seconds if DP was in a good mood

DarkCrawler
But DC would still beat DP...

kgkg
jffxex1980 your rite but i hope your not thinking she could take on the entire Dc universe.

here are some people that will mess her up

presence
spectre
parralax
there are many more

as for doomsday his worm compare to her.

Never
Why does everyone ASSUME that Parallax would triumph over DP?

And of course she loses to all of DC. All of MARVEL loses to all of DC.

jffxex1980
DC emphasizes heavily on raw power whereas Marvel is all about creativity and telepathy.

mikalv1224
Dark Pheonix would surely run out of energy after a while.

jffxex1980
Nay! She's a COSMIC PRIMAL force who existed at the same time as Galatctus or prolly even older. She's part of creation; U destroy the phoenix force, u destroy the balance.

nigel45
Seriously? Cause I thought Marvel thought up characters like Hulk and Juggernaut to be purely raw power, and eventually have fanboys creatively make them both completely unstoppable.

Oh, but you're completely right, DC is dumber than Marvel because you say so.

Gryn Jabar
Rocky Balboa will help Dark Phoenix, so they'l be unstoppable.

Never
Actually it is pretty common knowledge that Marvel focused on a character's mortality much more than DC, hence DC "rebooting" with CoIE.

Or not so common.

Even Hulk and Juggernaut were vulnerable. You never saw them doing the polka through leagues of, say, the Shi'ar Empire (re: Doomsday crushing leagues of GL corps).

nigel45
Was that you trying to take a shot at me? laughing Way to go buddy.

So focusing on mortality makes them more interesting...to you. And that other guy. Don't try to argue it as a fact.

Tormentor_2004
I think Dark Phoenix wins. She's an awesome fighter.and a powerful telepath.

Hegemon875
Jesus, we really need some sort of screening process for this forum lol, too many ppl with little or no knowledge of comics are trying to voice their very wrong opinions. DC is full of beings who could sneeze DP out of existence.

Hegemon875
Im not sure I agree on the morality thing but youre right that DC characters have no or few limits, its just the style of DC to create those sorts of characters. And you're right that Crisis on infinite earths was the beginning of the gradual depowering and limit setting on the heroes. I personally hated that move. I love the fact that the heroes are so incredibly powerful and unbelievable just the way a myth should be, because thats what these comics were at one time.

DarkCrawler
laughing

kgkg
well marvel in a cosmic scale is uberpowerfull.

but i do agree that normal earth hero , dc tend to give too much power.

but then again MU earth has thor , hulk , jugs , mag , apc , dr.fate

Never
When I "take shots" I leave no room for doubt, "buddy."

I never said that they are more interesting one way or the other. I think that if one rereads what I wrote, it ONLY says that Marvel focused more on characters with vulnerabilities.

Care to highlight where I said anything about mortality making Marvel characters "more interesting?" I did not.

Well, Marvel stated that in a not so subtle shot towards DC, and if you look at the 80's, for example, comics were literally saturated with characters who were "vulnerable." Hell, look at TOHOTMU's "dead and deceased" list.

Regarding the depowering, DC stated specifically that they were "running out of ideas on how to challenge nigh impotent characters", and that was precisely why Superman was "nerfed," if you will. That was the driving force behind the eventual "levelling of the playing field."

kgkg, Dr. Fate is not a MU character. Kent Nelson is DCU. And again, Marvel's cosmics absolutely pale in comparison to DC's. It is so one sided it is not funny.

RSSR
Question. So where would that put Dark Phoenix on DC's uber list then?

kgkg
dr. strange my bad

Hegemon875
Well it seems the most of the ppl who voted know something about comics.

Never
Off of the top of my head? Dunno, 80ish.

nigel45
Why did you make the post then? You were obviously trying to make some kind of statement, or else you wouldn't have quoted me in the first place.

Never
...actually your comment about The Hulk and Juggernaut being created to be "purely raw power" was what prompted my response about the relatively unequal distribution of power amongst characters in the respective universes.

Neither Hulk nor Juggernaut were created to be unstoppable in the literal sense of the word (no matter what some of these obsequious malcontents may say).

Look at their (relative) counterpart in the DCU, Doomsday. What the hell? He doesn't DIE and you cannot defeat him in the same manner twice.

Wonder why DD does not appear as often when battling the JLA as say...I dunno, Venom did in Spidey comics? You REALLY have to start scratching your head and tap into your well of creativity to pen a story arc to defeat DD. Madre de dios...taking him to the END OF TIME (kind of slick; he's caught in an infinite loop)? That's ridiculous!

But DCU created the monster by conceiving these ridiculously powerful heroes (Lightray travelling at 8x the speed of light. haw), so had to create ridiculously powerful antagonists to challenge them.

Anywho, you just misinterpreted what I wrote. I never shoot unless shot at (and you did no shooting).

nigel45
That's the thing. You seem to have a good explanation for (in essence) stating that DC overpowers their characters. That I have no problem with. But you and I both know that there are many out there who have basically turned that into a catchphrase without truly understanding what they're saying. I over-simplified with my comeback to someone whom I believed did just that. I have nothing but respect for both Marvel and DC and their respective fans, it simply frustrates me when Marvel fans attack DC and vice versa. But I guess I shall have to learn to deal with it.

Cosmic Cube
Superman is nothing to Dark Phoenix. But theres no way in hell she'll beat everyone in DC. Maybe the JLA, but not all of DC. No way.

eleveninches
does DP do DP???
laughing out loud

ZephroCarnelian
Parrallax, np problem. If he can destroy the Universe, he can destroy anything IN the Universe, lol.

kgkg
"Parrallax, np problem. If he can destroy the Universe, he can destroy anything IN the Universe, lol."

not ture being able to distroy the universe doesn't nessary mean he can beat anyone in the universe.

But parralax whould win against DP but it will be good battle.

eleveninches
Parallax didnt destroy the universe using his own power. He posessed hal Jordan, and stole the power of the oans to be able to destroy it

jffxex1980
DC may have all the super powered freaks that can move at the speed of thought and move planets but telepathy has always been marvel's forte. DP would reduce half of DC to a bunch of 6 year olds throwing tantrums. She may be outnumbered and out of place but hell, Jean ain't going down without a fight nor going down without taking some with her. Lesse what's DC like without Batman or wonderwoman huh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.