XXX: State of the Union (2005)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lau_timmy
This is the sequel to the 2002 spy movie, XXX, which ended up making $141 million in the U.S. on a budget of $85 million. In an unusual move, director Rob Cohen and star Vin Diesel both signed on for this sequel before the first film had even opened. Their haste probably guaranteed this film was put on the fast track, but as it turns out, neither Cohen nor Diesel will be returning for this sequel, just like how they didn't return for 2 Fast 2 Furious either.

This sequel the follows the adventures of another criminal Darious Stone(Ice Cube) who is forced by NSA Agent Gibbons (Jackson) into becoming a super field agent under their new "XXX" program. He is sent to Washington, DC to diffuse a power struggle amongst national leaders. Die Another Day director Lee Tamahori is the top choice to direct this sequel. I though that Lee Tamahori did a pretty good job on James Bond so I hope that this one will come out good too.

This movie looks better than the first. The trailer looks very promising. Ice Cube looks good as the new hero and Willem Dafoe looks awesome as the villain. I am definitely going to see this movie. Does anyone else agree

ericadurancefan
i said 2 fast 2 furious was going to suck without diesel but it wound up being better than the first and maybe it will happen with this one too

BackFire
worst movie ever

lau_timmy
The reason that XXX wasn't that good was because of a poor script. XXXmessedtate of the Union seems to have a much more interesting script and thereby I am hoping that it will be a better movie. Rob Cohen's direction in XXX was good. Not great but good for the genre. Lee Tamahori did a pretty good job directing Die Another Day (but whether the movie was good or not is already a different topic). His visual style is better than Cohen's, he makes decent action scenes and his fast forward editing would be perfect for a movie like XXX: SotU. He even brought along cinematographer David Tatersall from DAD . They have a much better director which will make it a much better movie.

Wolfie
Looks better than the first one, I'll give it that.

ragesRemorse
looks like has frozen over

BlackC@t
Urgh! I hate Vin Desil! yucky

forumcrew
looks like a completely stupid movie once again.. but this one does look more entertaining.. its a popcorn flick and thats it

ragesRemorse
you would need popcorn laced with Lsd to enjoy this movie

MildPossession
Uh huh...

Anyway, I enjoyed xXx for a fun movie, Asia Argento and the Prague setting, so I am looking forwards to the second movie if it can beat the first one. Trailer looks fun fun fun.

Without Asia Argento sad

ragesRemorse
Teah, any movie headlining an actor with the word ice or cube in the name i tend to try and avoid.

lau_timmy
This will be better than the first. Ice Cube is a badder ass than that pansy Diesel. I will spend my money on this one.

SlipknoT
Are we forgeting Darkness Falls?

BlackC@t
I only saw the ending to Darkness Falls, didn't seem too bad erm

But you must be forgetting 'House of the Dead,' which was the WORST ever, along with Shaun of the Dead.

Kaldro
I wouldn't mind watching this movie. Besides, I like any movie when it comes to Ice Cube. I got to hand it to that guy...Remember "The Friday After Next"? I especially love that movie.

Napalm
I bet $1,000 this movie sucks.

JKozzy
Oh God. The first one was terrible. I am disgusted that another sequel is made to a bad movie... but that's really what it's come down to, nowadays sick

WindDancer
Ice Cube a badass??? maybe back in the 90's or something....

SlipknoT
You say Shaun of the Daed sucked but yet your brandishing a Return of the Living Dead 3 sig roll eyes (sarcastic)

But I completely agree about House of the Dead

Cinemaddiction
"Are We There Yet?" is so gangsta.

SlipknoT
laughing out loud but he was good in Boyz N' the Hood

BlackC@t
You snag! mad

You completely copied that from Dean!

But House of the Dead did suck, and to think, they're making House of the Dead 2 rolleyes1

But at least it doesn't have the same director from the first.

SlipknoT
They're making a House of the Dead 2? no expression

BlackC@t
Unfortunately erm...

BackFire
Darkness falls is infinitely worse then Shaun of the Dead.

BlackC@t
Well I wouldn't know, I did not see all of Darkness Falls erm

Cinemaddiction
Eh, back on topic guys. Got a whole forum dedicated to Horror flicks. Even the shitty ones.

Wolfie
Yeah, I thought I had stumbled back into the horror forum for a second there.

laughing

SlipknoT
Love the new sig Cin thumb up

lau_timmy
Now, if this movie does well enough for another sequel, which I think it will, then what do you guys think about the Rock playing as a XXX agents. All of his movies so far have been pretty good.

ragesRemorse
Excluding of course, all the movies he has had a lead role in.

lau_timmy
Screenwriter Rich Wilkes revealed during the time of the release of the first film, while talking to the WGA that one possible setting might be Japan, where Xander Cage could take on the Yakuza, ninjas, etc., but that has apparently been dropped in favor of China. Unless it's picked up for use in 'XXX3', that the storyline would have depicted Xander going to the South China Sea to infiltrate the deadly Maraca Strait Pirates, notorious for their 21st century versions of pirate raids and pillaging.

lau_timmy
I read somewhere about a year or two ago that Samuel Jackson hates rappers that become actors...he said it disgraces the black actors like himself and Morgan Freeman, Denzel etc. that have worked hard to be were they are at.

And now he is doing a movie with him?

lau_timmy
Lee Tamahori was pretty good with Die Another Day and this sequel looks better than the original.

FrankWhite69
When i heard the idea for this i was like no poor ice cube he's gonna make another bad move with this film but after seeing a few trailer for this it loks like it might be pretty good sorta 007 N' Da Hoodish lol i like that, im a ice cube fan and then i saw Scott Cann and Willem Defoe was in it as well, i dunno still.

BlazingBarrells
i dont care!!! i think this movie is gonna be crazy Lee Tamahori is an amazing director, Die ANother Day was fantastic and i am gonna be first in line to this stupid ass movie!

Filmmaker451
Originally posted by BlazingBarrells
i dont care!!! i think this movie is gonna be crazy Lee Tamahori is an amazing director, Die ANother Day was fantastic and i am gonna be first in line to this stupid ass movie!

Don't get your hopes up buddy i saw the film yesterday and though it was okay I have some complaints:

A. the acting wasn't so good
B. The effects are cheesy
C. A couple of automobiles are easily found as CG
D. When you see later in the film a couple of stunts you can totally tell the background setting is fake

The only reason I thought it was fine was because it's just a fun action movie so with all the guns & explosives it was still fun.

lil bitchiness
Terrible, just terrible. I will not see this movie - it just looks shit and Ice Cube annoys the hell out of me.

jackinthebox
I just saw this movie and it sucks balls!!!!!!!!! might as well spend your movie seein another cody banks movie

TheFilmProphet
No. 3 this past weekend.

XXX: State of the Union
$12,712,272
3,480 Theatres

And two thumbs down by Ebert and Roeper whom gave it a -1 star.

This speaks for itself.

dude51
Does anyone know of any sites that u can get free bootleg movies?if u do either reply back or send me a private message.thanks

TheFilmProphet
Just a little tip, KMC frowns on people who discuss illegal activities such as bootlegging or P2P affiliated subjects.

dvdcastle
I went to cinema yesterday night to watch that movie. All i can say about this movie is lack of action, scene too boring, the play of this movie is loose, the actor (XXX)is nothing special to say(dunno how to act, always got the same look, speaking like reading the script). If it was vin diesel it would have been much better. sad

TheFilmProphet
I personally don't like either Vin Diesel or Ice Cube as action stars especially in XXX 1 and 2.

Filmmaker451
I missed my chance to edit the rating i gave for this movie but it's actually 5/10.

forumcrew
simply one of the worst movies ive seen

wazz
cool

SnakeEyes
I bought tickets for this movie, so i could sneak into another...

TheFilmProphet
Classic strategy, I remember doing that before too.

Cinemaddiction
If you could sneak in, then you more than likely could have gotten into the film you wanted to see, considering lax security. I hate people that do that, those that are crass enough to admit it, even moreso.

MildPossession
Apparently an idea for the third xXx movie if they make one will be to have the lead female, don't know where I read that.

forumcrew
i read the same, the 1st director said hed consider it with a female lead, with someone like michelle rodriguez

RaventheOnly
I just came in to say, I would never watch this movie if i was held to gun point..... i would rather take a bullet. no expression I cannot believe they made a first one!!!!! to begin with! laughing out loud I saw the first one on DVD ... and i was like WTF!!! I want the time i spent back crybaby

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
If you could sneak in, then you more than likely could have gotten into the film you wanted to see, considering lax security. I hate people that do that, those that are crass enough to admit it, even moreso.

I might have done it in the past, but when your very young perhaps 7-13 or so the idea seems fun and you don't really seem to care. Now it is a completely different thing if a person is still doing this as an adult.

sk8stuff09
i saw this sequel and it SUCKED! the script was random and gay, and ice cube is a shitty actor! and they made vin deasel die off...w/e it sucks

PINBALL
It looks like the worst movie ever

Dogbert
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

I dont do that. :d I just sneka into a movie after watching the one I bought the ticket for wink

Dogbert
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
I might have done it in the past, but when your very young perhaps 7-13 or so the idea seems fun and you don't really seem to care. Now it is a completely different thing if a person is still doing this as an adult.

if you do it as an adult... it's kind of weird considering yous hould still be able to get into the movie in the first place.

TheFilmProphet
Exactly, lol

Like I said before, if you do this as a kid I really don't see a very big problem with it.

lau_timmy
I thought this was a good James Bond type movie. The action scenes, gadgets and the special effects, were fantastic and smart. The first scene drew me in like nothing ever before. I mean on attack on the NSA. I was a little disappointed to hear Xander Cage was killed, with no further explanation, but apart from that, it was still good. The story is ok. Dont forget, its an action movie.

Darius Stone: Wars come and go, but my soldier stay eternal.
Agent Augustus Gibbons: I like that. Who said it? Jefferson? Patton?
Darius Stone: Tupac

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet

If your still doing it as an adult your just an idiot. because your allowed to see any movie you want. Dont feel bad though, I still from time to time go into another movie if my choice has tunred out to be shit. I feel it is the least that i am owed. $10 isnt cheap for a movie, so i should atleast get my moneys worth stick out tongue

If i bought a ticket for a movie like XXX2 though, i wouldnt go into another theater, i would accpet that i am a dumbass, and got what i deserved for paying for such a shitty movie. That has happened before. Recent examples are unleashed and tomb raider2. I diddnt feel any retribution was nessecary because they were bad choices to begin with.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.