Midnight showing??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Does your local theatre offer a midnight showing of SW ROTS and will you be attending a midnight showing????

I may trade a midnight showing for the chance to go twice during the day...but that's just idle thoughts right now

smoker4
Yes, that is my plan and also cause i melt in direct sunlight

Cinemaddiction
Well, hell yeah. I saw "AOTC" twice in 12 hours, lol. I was at a Midnight show, then went right back the next morning at 10 A.M. Naturally, I'll do the same for "ROTS".

darthmaul1
I will try to do that, I saw the midnight showing of AOTC and then saw it again at noon and at 5pm.

Eleonora
I don't think we'll get one :-(

GCG
well we in europe should be seeing it before the americans if it hits the theatre globally on May 19

Julie
midnight and later huh....never really thought of that

ArthasKnight
If there is one, I will try as hard as I can to go see it.

LandoSpeeder2
I don't think the theater that I go too has midnight showings. We go to the mall to see are movies. I've never really seen any other theaters besides that one unless you drive 30 minutes. But I'm not going to the midnight show anyway so it doesn't really matter. It will probably be a week or more than likely more after it opens in theaters before I see it.

Julie
are you going to see it twice?

BAILY
I dont know if my local theatre does... I believe they did for the last two SW movies... but I am not sure... I am prolly gonna see it in one of the cities close to me..... that is my plan anyways... Advance tickets here I come!!

LandoSpeeder2
probably.

LandoSpeeder2
I could go to the Edwards theater, it's downtown though and like I said I'm not going to see the midnight showing. Now if it was up to me I would but my parents have to take me and not either one of them wants to take me at midnight.

BAILY
At school I am a 7 min train ride from a theatre.. too bad I wont be there in May

Julie
If my car's okay I'll try to make midnight but I'll prob drag a parent or two with me or a friend...

Imaginary
Ill drag my brother with me to go see the midnight show eek!

LanİeWindu™
Yup, I'm going to a midnight showing this year.

My uncle and I are already setting up our game plan.

Julie
Hmmm I'm not sure my sister would appreciate being dragged out at midnight

zavin
im going to see it on the first screening at midnight, then again the same day, and later on sunday morning, everyone in my club are going.

Sadako of Girth
I'll definitely be going to my local cinema multiplex for a midnight screening if the chance is afforded... The minute I hear they're doing it,
then "advanced tickets, like the AOTC late session late tickets..... will....be......minnnnnnnnnne...." big grin

Sith Master X
It's way to early to tell if they'll be a midnight showing down my way, but I'll definitely be there for that if there is one.

vader519
Yes my local theatre will have a midnight showing and I will be there. As a matter of fact, my local theatre will start seliing tickets for ROTS in March, so in the next couple of weeks, I will have my tickets.

Julie
Wow...efficient...I need to get me a credit card!

Silver Stardust
Hell yeah I'm going to the midnight showing!!!

Julie
Good for you....ARe you going to see it later that day too...like many on this board

Darth_Decimator
here in australia we have the midnight screenings makin us (95% sure of this) THE FIRST in the world, at my local AOTC sold out 7 theatres alone for midnight screenings, TPM did 5 cinemas, our advance tix go on sale shortly and ill be picking mine up early for sure. i just wish my local was a digital cinema. to my knowledge we only have 1 digital cinema in australia and thats in sydney sad oh well... ill just have to go see it the next arvo after work like everyone else here is doing

bilb
Oh hell yeah I'm going at midnight!! And prolly 2-3 more times that weekend too!! starwars

Silver Stardust
Most likely yes big grin

Imaginary
Do you mean to say that midnight showings are only in the city? GAH NO!!! Even if i do live fairly close theres no way my brother's doing that.

Julie
First in the world publically....George and his possy are the first to see it

Sadako of Girth
And it was filmed in Australia.... Lucky so-and-sos........

RottenDarthOne
I took the whole week off, I'll be going to the midnight show, and every other show I can make it too. Probably 5-6 times on opening day.

Obiwalker08
mightnight tickets-9.99
jedi robe to wear to showing-49.99
star wars pop tarts to sneak into the showing-5.99
toy lightsaber to beat up other fans at the showing-19.99
seeing the final episode of Star Wars at midnight-priceless

yeah...im going....in style

Julie
you're going to buy a jedi robe.....yikes and here I thought I was a crazy, obsessive fan...

smoker4
laughing out loud

Julie
seeing it 5-6 times on opening day would also be very much crazy.....once definately, twice maybe, thrice possibly, four you're stretching it, five you have good stamina, six my hat's off to you, seven eight nine and more you might want to see a doctor for that

The Ones
im going to a midnight showing no matter what!. then ill make up an excuse like: "oh was to tired to remember it" to see it again then im going to get my friend to go and take me with him then my other friend so thats 4 then another on my own so thats 5. WHAAA! no more excuses please help me

Obiwalker08
crazy....no..ive got 5 times planned opening day....thats all i will do that day....and i already have the jedi robe ready (im going in full costume)

Julie
well good luck to you...I don't even own a jedi robe....just lots of books, mugs, toys:-)

Obiwalker08
no robe...u call yourself a fan...

Julie
yes yes i do...I was too lazy to go out and try and find a decent robe....OH and I have 5-6 lightsabers....

Obiwalker08
5 or 6.....decent (have eight)..i was just kidding about the fan comment

Julie
I know....it takes all kinds of crazies to make star wars fans...and those without a good sense of humor can take a walk out an airwalk:-)

MissNely
... or you can just go at midnight, then go out to eat, go back and see it again, go home and relax (with friends), go out to eat, go back and see it, and then go home... 3 times in 12 hours... thats what we did for LotR RotK... and thats what we plan on doing again for SW RotS... so yeah... just a suggestion... and go in costume. it makes it ten times better. trust me.

Silver Stardust
Oh, and for the midnight showing, I will likely be going in costume. Not a Jedi robe, though...I'm going to be making one of Padme's AOTC costumes.

bilb
Star you bett take tons of pics!! big grin

Julie
Yeah well I don't even have a costume so I guess that's out, but the three times in a day would be intriguing...I'll run it by some friends.....so sad my friends aren't big fans.

LandoSpeeder2
I'm going to the midnight showing!!!! I can't wait for May 19'th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

machfocus
Me and some friends are planning on going to a midnight showing. Wont be the smartest thing, considering jobs... but oh well, EP III is far more important!

tlbauerle
Jobs???

That's what wookiee hookiee is all about...and the Darth Virus...

Corran
I have tickets for the earliest showing I could find on the 19th at a cinema within reasonable distance to where I will be (near Gatwick - England), but......I also have a reserved ticket to one of the 10 charity premieres in Boston and the pre-receptions and the celebrity after part, messa so excited.

darthmark
Well the list for the midnight screening will be out hopefuly in April. But yes i will be going to the midnight screening like I always do.

I will also be seeing it 2 more times the next day. I saw AOTC 3 times in the same day so I will do the same for ROTS.

vader519
I have always wanted to go to a midnight showing of a star wars movie, but neve had because I either had school or I was taking finals. When Episode 1 came out, I was in 8th grade and had school. When Episode 2 came out, I was a junior in hig school and had finals. Now I am in cleege and will be done with school the first week of May, so I will be there at midnight.

jungleboygeorge
Originally posted by Darth_Decimator
here in australia we have the midnight screenings makin us (95% sure of this) THE FIRST in the world, at my local AOTC sold out 7 theatres alone for midnight screenings, TPM did 5 cinemas, our advance tix go on sale shortly and ill be picking mine up early for sure. i just wish my local was a digital cinema. to my knowledge we only have 1 digital cinema in australia and thats in sydney sad oh well... ill just have to go see it the next arvo after work like everyone else here is doing

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/theater/news20050128.html

Ok this is a link to some OS news i remembered was released a while back... turns out that May 19 is not the official release date for Belgium, France, Uruguay and Switzerland (French)... they all get it on the 18th, not the 19th. So Decimator you were lucky you didnt type 100% or we would have been calling you a liar!! :P

Also, New Zealand i think are the first to see it out of the rest of the world (apart from those charity screenings etc) if they have any midnight screening, as they are 2-3 hours ahead of Australia.

But as for me in Australia, i will be seeing the midnight screening on the Wednesday night (Thursday morning).

JediStang
oh yeah, i'm goin to the midnight showing in my town. also in the next town over is a theater that plays really old-but-not-dvd-yet movies, so when ROTS comes, i'll be there at least 5 times a week....

Hopefully, my volleyball game will be over,
Help me out here, it starts at 6, and will probably be over at 7:30, commute time is 30 minutes from home to the theater. Do you think that i'll have time to get there?

50 days, and my balls can't take it....

Julie
I don't think I can go on the 19th wahhhhh sad

I may be on a retreat....

Don't worry Jedistang, you'll make it

vader476
im seeing it on the 12th

Julie
You're what?? Why, how....ohh you lucky

Sith Master X
I wish I could get around to a midnight screening, though it's probably gonna be a 7:00 pm showing on May 19th for me.

Julie
at least it's the 19th...I might get to a later showing too on the 19th...would you see it twice on the 19th?

vader476
well if its done that is if its done by the 12th ill be able to see it

Sith Master X
Originally posted by Julie
at least it's the 19th...I might get to a later showing too on the 19th...would you see it twice on the 19th?

Nope, I'd save the anticipation of seeing it again and go back a week later or so. big grin Well, I say that now, but when the time comes it'll probably be the following day. lol

Stunrun
btw, is anyone going to the Premiere in London?

Julie
oh I just found out that I will be staying at school through the summer so I'm near a nice 24 plex....midnight show here I come...provided I find some crazies to go with me

Jayd265
i have my tickets for the midnight showing of ep 3. my friend works at best buy and the manager at the cinema is reserving a whole screen for people who work at best buy and their friends so i am going and i dont have to wait in lines or nothing. the tickets are only like 50 cents more. imma frame my ep 3 12:01 showing after lol jj i aint that big of a freak for star wars. but i will keep it.

DarthLazious
I have my tickets for the midnight showing for ROTS and I am going as a Sith.

DenKi
lol wierdo

Jedi dersans
I already have my tickets for the midnight showing!

Texansfan05
I got some midnight tickets May 19th is just days away now rock

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by Stunrun
btw, is anyone going to the Premiere in London?

I wish.

are you?

Lord Yoda
going to the London premiere would be outrageous but midnight is still awesome and actually affordable

moonwalker741
yeah i will be going to the midnight showing of ep 3 at my local movie theater

Envious Eyes
Anybody going to Crown Theaters in Downtown Minneapolis for the midnight showing?

Julie
I bought tickets for the night showing...so no midnight for me but that's okay at least I'll be contious for it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.