Battle Of The Sexes, 2nd battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laydiiplayette
Here are the Remaining teams, pick the inner circle for the next round.:
Girls:
Storm
Rogue
Phoenix
Wonder Woman
Starfire
Emma Frost
Scarlet Witch
Raven
Psylocke
She-hulk
Vindicator
Invisible Woman

Men:
Green Lantern
Batman
Superman
Spiderman
The Flash
Wolverine
The Hulk
Cyclops
Colossus
DareDevil
Venom
Iron Man

ZephroCarnelian
Not Phoenix, that's just ludicrous. I don't think proper Cosmic level beings should be included lol. If the girls get Phoenix, then the lads get Parrallax, lol! big grin

laydiiplayette
omg... why do you people have such a problem with phoenix, if you wanted parallax or some other cosmic being, you should have voted for them during the drafting of teams.

Lord-of-Dreams
lol!! I guess the girls are just smarter than the guys!! Girls will win here!!

hex
u forget alucard for the lads he wast all the girls put together lol

laydiiplayette
is anyone actually gonna post who they are voting for the inner circles?

cray z 4 sarah
well when are you going to announce the mission because arent the leaders chosen after the announcement of the mission?

kgkg
the girls will moke the guys lol

the stongest is arguebale superman (for the guys) so girls will wip their ass so bad.

Kento
Aw but the boys have the almighty brain of Batman roll eyes (sarcastic)

kgkg
Brain is not gonna help in this battle.

Phoenix alone can burn them into dust

the boys can win if phoenix and Raven are out.

Even then it's a fight

Kento
I was being sarcastic cause everybody thinks Batman can do anything with prep time.

kgkg
sorry kento my bad i though your were serious.

to people who think batman can do anything are wrong.

He can do many amazing things but his just human , people don't get that do they.

dael fishd evil
I say
Men's: Ironman, Venom, and Batman

Women's: Vindicator, Raven, and She-hulk

laydiiplayette
finally

Scoobless
put the flash in and he can take out phoenix before she has time to form a thought guys........... that's a free tip for the next battle

laydiiplayette
okay... Just choose flash and 2 other guys, and choose 3 girls, and write that down in a post.

cray z 4 sarah
flash, iron man, spiderman

Phoenix, Wonder woman, storm

did u already post what the mission was gonna be if u did can some1 please tell me what the mission is

pr1983
flash, hulk, daredevil...

vs.

phoenix, storm, scarlet witch...

stormfront13
how bout
cyclops, Colossus, and Spiderman

VS

Storm, She-hulk, and Emma Frost

laydiiplayette
I'll post the mission soon. Just waiting for some more votes.

stormfront13
sounds good to me

stormfront13
wait, lady who was voted off??

laydiiplayette
elektra and captain.

stormfront13
ooh ok thanks

laydiiplayette
I just realized what cray z was talking about in her posts. I, personally think there is more strategy involved wheni announce the mission after the inner circle is chosen, because it makes people ready for anything. But I think that I might do what they do in ANTO, and give you a sentence that kinda relates to the mission. Here it is.

"Since we are using the newest versions of heros, be ready for a cutting edge battle."

I am open to anyone changing their votes if they want to.

stormfront13
omg this is so hard! now i'm confused- well I say the same people

cray z 4 sarah
ok thx

laydiiplayette
np

Calax
Personally:
Flash, Green Lantern, Wolverine
v.s.
Raven, Psylocke, and Vindicator

dael fishd evil
Oh! I change mine, Psylocke instead of Raven, Wonderwoman instead of Vindicator. Guys, I just change spiderman for batman.

Wh4t3v3rPhr34k
I say for the girls
Psylocke, Wonderwoman and Emma Frost.

For the Guys
Iron man, Wolverine and Venom

dael fishd evil
nice

Quick Freeze
flash green lantern superman

she-hulk storm wonderwoman

stormfront13
i like quick freezes team

stormfront13
but instead I would have colossus instead of superman

pr1983
still like this one...

phoenix has to go down...

stormfront13
i hope phoenix stays!!- i like that but I say get rid of the hulk and put in cyclops

pr1983
so cyclops can be annihalated?

the female team will win unless phoenix is taken down, the odds need to be evened up imo...

stormfront13
yeah but if the women don't have phoenix then they are done w/ superman- in this fight maybe flash will take out phoenix first, or maybe phoenix will act first

pr1983
flash is fast enough to hit her...

if she tries to use t.p. i'm not sure but maybe the hulk's fractured psyche can protect him, even for a short time...

stormfront13
yeah

Wh4t3v3rPhr34k
Does anyone have any idea on what the mission could be?

stormfront13
pady gave us a clue about it but I have no idea- its on the first page

Wh4t3v3rPhr34k
I know, I was just seeing if anyone had any ideas on what it could be.

LordFear
Phoenix, Wonder Woman and Invisible Woman.
you gotta think strategy. You have powerhous that plays good offense WW. One who plays good defense Invisible Woman and one who just goes all out Phoenix
for the boys....
Superman, Hulk and Ironman.

pr1983
going by strategy you put one weak character on each team, so then if one team loses then they can easily get rid of the weaker character...

and to take down the phoenix imo you need either flash or hulk...

cray z 4 sarah
i agree with lord fear

LordFear
thanx cray!!!
appreciate the support

laydiiplayette
The inner circles are:
Girls: Wonderwoman, Psylocke and Phoenix

Guys: Flash, Ironman and Spiderman

I'll post the mission soon.

darkphoenix110
phoenix rogue and psylocke my choices :P

laydiiplayette
...that was kinda late but okay, it doesn't change the teams.

laydiiplayette
Well, the people chose for this battle make it kinda hard for me to tell what is going on, so i'll leave it up to you guys to debate what happens.

If you read my hint, i mentioned cutting edge, so thats basically what it is. The players each choose a non-projectile weapon of their choice. They are forbidden to use any projectiles of their own, so no psychic bolts, or missiles, or fire or webbing (except for moving purposes). They are then blindfolded and set in a room. I kinda think the girls have the advantage, telepathy and all, but Flash could kinda sway it by just running around with his weapon swinging everywhere.

Wh4t3v3rPhr34k
I give to the girls, they have a telepath that could link their minds so that they could all see. The only one that could see would probably be ironman. Are you making these battles specifically so that the girls will win?

stormfront13
since ww and psylock are both great fighters and have expierence with weapons I give this to the girls, but flash could go crazy and just run around and try to hit all the girls

pr1983
ladii...

telepathy is unfair, phoenix can just mind wipe them all...

this is incredibly biased against the males imo...

stormfront13
she said no mindswiping

stormfront13
but I still say the women

pr1983
where does it say no mindswiping, or was that early on?

stormfront13
"If you read my hint, i mentioned cutting edge, so thats basically what it is. The players each choose a non-projectile weapon of their choice. They are forbidden to use any projectiles of their own, so no psychic bolts, or missiles, or fire or webbing (except for moving purposes). They are then blindfolded and set in a room. I kinda think the girls have the advantage, telepathy and all, but Flash could kinda sway it by just running around with his weapon swinging everywhere."

it says no psychic bolts cause they can't have any projectiles of their own

pr1983
psychic bolts are not mind wipes...

stormfront13
oh they're not- then the girls win easily

pr1983
exactly... unless ladii meant them to be that, but i don't think so...

pretty much neutered iron man too...

stormfront13
what?? i don't what you mean by the iron man thing.

pr1983
no projectile weapons... he has nothing but durability now...

stormfront13
yeah k now i get it

stormfront13
well the women win this one I'm pretty sure

stormfront13
do we wait for lady to decide though??

Scoobless
spidey and ironman go high and flash runs around crazy with adamantium sword killing everyone on the ground (all the girls)

you said pick any bladed weapon........ also iron-man can see even when blindfolded and spidey doesn't need to see to avoid getting hit, just uses spidey-sense...... and they all have adamantium swords

pheonix is taken down with flashes homocidal speedblitz sword attack way too soon for her to useany mind altering ability

guys win

stormfront13
how will flash know where to go??

Scoobless
he doesn't have to know.......... he just runs around swinging like crazy, while IM, who can see and spidey, who can sense when they are near, do their own thing, but from above flashes crazy speed swing range

stormfront13
all it takes is a second

Scoobless
the flash could cover ten thousand square miles in a second, he'd easily slice up a couple of girls he can't see that are only a few feet away

stormfront13
yeah ur right the guys win

Scoobless
cool, anyone disagree?

stormfront13
i don't think so but lady has to give the official sign

cray z 4 sarah
couldnt phoenix and ww just fly in the air where flash wont be able to reach them or will flash be able to attack b4 they have the chance

cray z 4 sarah
either way i think the guys win

laydiiplayette
Well, i did mean no projectiles so that means no mindwipes. I also said it was up to you guys. Ironman and spiderman both have just as much advantage as phoenix because they have sensors/senses. The girls have a minimal defense against flash because they can fly. I am still not sure who would win, I said it was up to you guys to debate about it. Right now it seems that most think the guys will win. I'll leave this at an open debate for just a little longer. Srry, dinner with the girls.

Wh4t3v3rPhr34k
I think that they girls would use flying to their advantage. They could just fly up, dispose of ironman and spiderman, and then wait for flash to get tired. Then they would swoop down and castrate him!

pr1983
without mindwipes the guys win, im's armor is pretty tough, spidey has spidey sense and flash can move faster than any of them can see...

Guys win imo...

dael fishd evil
imo, Ironman is not a very good asset to the team without his projectiles. His durability is a start, but with wonderwoman constantly pounding him, he would be f***ed. Psylocke might be able to beat spiderman because of her katana training. Would she be able to use her psychic knife at all? Phoenix would be more of a helper in this, since she can guide the other 2. I agree with Phr34k that they would wait for flash to just get tired.

pr1983
i see what you mean, but iron man is clas 100 and his shuit contains sensors, so he would have as good a viewpoitn as any...

phoenix is actually the weakest, no physical abilities whatsoever, the guys take her down and the other women are screwed...

dael fishd evil
I think phoenix could evade it pretty easily since she flies pretty fast. I think the guys would have a pretty hard time taking her down too. Spiderman can't slow her down by shooting webs, cuz aren't those projectiles. He'd also have some trouble swinging because he has to hold his weapon doesn't he?

pr1983
she flies, but she aint wonder woman, iron man is pretty fast in the air also, as is spidey... and if its an enclosed space i dont see why flash cant use the walls...

cray z 4 sarah
i thought iron man was class 85

cray z 4 sarah
i change my vote to da ladies cuz of their advatages such as flying, phoenix's mental abilities allowing her to guide her teammates

pr1983
i could be wrong, but i'm sure i read somewhere that he was 100...

dael fishd evil
either way, he's pretty strong, lol

pr1983
hes got too many sensors, he'd know exactly what was going on in the room...

dael fishd evil
Yeah, but his teammates don't. Plus when wonderwoman attacks him, alot of those sensors are gonna get smashed.

pr1983
if she can find him, he can direct the others, spidey has spider sense, and assuming its a room flash can cover every inch in seconds...

dael fishd evil
Isn't phoenix guiding both psylocke and her. Flash can cover all of the floor... Well, actually he could run up the walls i guess, but he's more of a hit and miss guy in this case.

pr1983
yeah, but hes so fast he'd cover every inch of the room, he wouldnt miss...

dael fishd evil
Will they be by the walls though?

pr1983
he can go on the ceiling too... depends on the room more than anything...

dael fishd evil
thats true.

laydiiplayette
Hrm. How about the room from Kill Bill. The house of blue leave. Sorry, I'm thinking about it alot because I was just there and it was uber nice.

dael fishd evil
Can they go out into that snowy place?

laydiiplayette
i guess?

stormfront13
can jean use telekinesis in this?

laydiiplayette
No, thats like a projectile. I guess she could use it to hold her weapon, but thats about it.

Scoobless
on re-reading of this it seems iron man can still use his sonics............ so he can dissable the women enough to at least keep them on the ground, if not knock them out (he'd warn flash in advance so he could get clear then come back the instant he turns the sonics off and go chop crazy as previously stated)

stormfront13
what are his sonics

pr1983
sonic blasts, high pitched sound that can stun opponents...

if iron man uses his sonics maybe he can disrupt phoenix's telepathy, giving the guys the edge...

stormfront13
well if mindswiping is a projecting then aren't sonics projectiles??

pr1983
probably...

stormfront13
well I think they are but I'm not completley sure

cray z 4 sarah
i dont think sonics would be fair

pr1983
telepathy isn't either...

stormfront13
that is why there shouldn't be either

cray z 4 sarah
lol

stormfront13
with everything said I think it might be even

laydiiplayette
sonics are projectiles. In my point of view, because you are projecting sound waves to hurt/disable your opponent. Telepathy is just a form of communication, and is not used to physically harm someone.

dael fishd evil
I was just wondering. Wouldn't Ironman be just as blind as anyone else. I mean are you blindfolding the little things that look like eyes on the suit, or are you blindfolding Tony Stark?

stormfront13
well I think this fight is pretty even, with the flash the guys have a big advantage though

dael fishd evil
But with flying and telepathy, the girls got an advantage. I think the girls would take this cuz flash couldn't really hurt them if they went into the snowy part of the field and flew high.

Scoobless
sonics are not projectiles, to say that would also mean speaking was a projectile
telepathy can be mentally "projected" to disorientate and hurt your opponent which a very similar effect as as the sonics in question........ if by your "no projectile" rule you mean that the person can only use their own body (or armour) from a reach perspective then neither sonics nor telepathy should be allowed, if you allow one you have to allow the other

laydiiplayette
but telepathy isn't used to physically harm the person. It mentally does, but does not physically. How about this? Since the phoenix is allowed to use telepathy on her teammates, ironman can use his sonics on his team mates. If you want me to allow ironman to use his sonics on the other team, then i should allow telekinetic force pushes. Whichever you choose.

laydiiplayette
projectile - n. - 1. A fired, thrown, or otherwise propelled object, such as a bullet, having no capacity for self-propulsion.
2. A self-propelled missile, such as a rocket.

I am sorry scoobless, you were right about sonics, but if i follow this definition, then i have to allow telekinetic force pushs and telepathy.

Scoobless
if you allow tk punches you have to allow all weapons and it defeats the purpose, ok, they can use telepathy but only on each other and iron man can hand out spare com units he has in his suit to spidey and....... well maybe not to flash because, by the time he gets them out to use them, flash has already sliced the girls up in his crazy speed slice blitz

Scoobless
does iron man get his shields?

cray z 4 sarah
somebody asked a good question earlier wen u say blind fold are u blidfolding tony stark or the iron man battle suit?

laydiiplayette
I don't see why i have to because telekinesis is not really that similar to missiles or bullets (which are mentioned in the definition). Telekinesis as well as sonics are not propelled by anything.

laydiiplayette
Ummmm. I didn't think about that. Tony? I guess. That wouldn't be very fair though. I don't know. aghhhh. My senior project is due soon. o.o

cray z 4 sarah
lol

Scoobless
i was referring more to his energy based attacks such as repulser beams, uni-beam and stuff

laydiiplayette
oOo yeah. Smartness. Sorry, I'm being all stressed cuz i have to finish my dress for my senior project.

Scoobless

laydiiplayette
It is korean, but when i pasted it, it go all messed up cuz the server doesn't support the text.

cray z 4 sarah
um can some1 plz tell me how to start my own thread?

Scoobless
what does it mean?

laydiiplayette
Cuz it's the fire in your eyes
I put in deep in my heart
But I accidentally hide the sound of my love so it won't be heard

Scoobless
wow...... i didn't know you felt that way about me....... shouldn't you have sent this in a PM cool

jk

where's it from?

laydiiplayette
its a part of a song by BoA

laydiiplayette
Okay, back onto topic. Just say we blind fold the things that look like eyes on the suit. Since that is the case. I am pretty sure that the guys win 6 out of 10. Vote for eliminations.

cray z 4 sarah
ok so i vote a guy besides flash iron man and spider man and i vote for either psylocke phoenix or wonderwoman?

laydiiplayette
yup

cray z 4 sarah
im not sure who to vote for on the ladies because psylocke is the only remaining hand to hand person on da ladies team so she might come in helpful later on

whobdamandog
Ladiplayette..are you a chick or a dude? if your a chick, is that your picture on your profile..if it is than damb gal you fine...if your a dude than just ignore the post...lol

Scoobless
i want to get rid of pheonix because the telepathy thing is getting annoying
for the guys team......... cyclops or daredevil........... there's nothing they can do that someone else on the team can't do better

Scoobless
lol............... i was thinking something similar myself big grin

laydiiplayette
Uh, I am a girl. But you could guess that from my name. My sig and profile pic are not me. lol.

Scoobless
lol........... guess we got a little off topic there........ smokin'

laydiiplayette
yes, yes we did.

pr1983
cyclops can be of use, daredevil cant really given the calibre of opponent...

phoenix must go imo...

cray z 4 sarah
i vote daredevil off and pylocke why should phoenix have to go if she is the grls big gun

dael fishd evil
I think that it is established that Phoenix will be useful in most missions that are just about power, so we need her. I think that Psylocke should go, because her skills are sort of useful, but there are people that can probably match those and give something extra. I think that Superman should go, because he can't really give anything but raw power, and as we have seen, these battles aren't always about that.

Wh4t3v3rPhr34k
I agree with Dael about Superman being only about raw power, which isn't necessarily the way to victory. But I disagree about Psylocke, because i think she can best some of the guys, and has the whole psychic thing going for her. I believe that WonderWoman should go, because she basically has Superman's powers, with less of it. So my votes are for Superman and Wonderwoman.

Scoobless
um........ the guys vote off a non-player and the girls get rid of someone who was in the last battle right?

if so then i say (again) cyclops or daredevil........ whichever gets more votes

if i get to vote for the girls eliminatee then definately phoenix

pr1983
thats exactly why she must go...

he's more than raw power, freeze breath, heat beams, super speed... and highly intelligent...

i'm still saying daredevil and phoenix...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>