Star Wars: Obsession

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
anyone reading this Darkhorse comic miniseries so far? I am and its pretty awesome. Its all about Obi-wan's theory that Anakin did not succeed in killing Assaj Ventress when he thought he did. There is an awesome battle with Durge and the ARC trooper Alpha makes a come-back at the end of issue three.

Julie
nope didn't read it

Bardock42
We just get it ov er here right now, I read the first comic so far, which is 2 US I think

Julie
which comic is this

ARC Trooper 117
Nope, not yet.
I am starting to collect the Republic comics though....piece by piece....

SnakeEyes
^
Awesome! Its really cool IMO... I have issues 50-73 so far, i got 73 yesterday... Star Wars Obsession takes place a little after Republic, right before Revenge of the Sith.

SnakeEyes
BUMP

ARC Trooper 117
Ooo!
I think I've got 50-60 coming in the mail through eBay sometime soon....What the f**k?

SnakeEyes
awesome

Mist
hey, im collecting republic and obsession. ive got 1 and 2 of obsession, the comic book guys putting the rest on hold for me.

ive got 61 - 72, but i need 69/71. hes also getting those for me.

how far back does the series go?
i havent seen anything before 61, or id have it by now.

and yeah, these comics are AWESOME! i LOVE quinlan vos. what a guy.
and aayla. damn, i love everything in these comics.

but getting back to obsession, pretty sweet. i like obiwan in clone armour, he looks sick.

Mist
parts 4 and 5 look unbelievable:

Part 4:
Still convinced that Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress is alive, Obi-Wan Kenobi leads Anakin Skywalker and Senator Bail Organa to the grisly graveyard world of Boz Pity. They're hopelessly out-numbered, but Obi-Wan's obsession has made him blind to the danger.

Fortunately, help is on the way. Rig for action as Mace Windu leads a battalion of Jedi and an army of clone troopers to the rescue! All of your favorite Jedi guest star, as well as villains Count Dooku and General Grievous. Plus, the return of ARC Trooper Alpha!

Part 5:

On the bleak cemetery world of Boz Pity, the Jedi fight what they hope will be a decisive battle against the Separatists. As a team of powerful Jedi take on Count Dooku, Mace Windu goes one-on-one with General Grievous in a spectacular duel that requires both parties to pull out all the stops!

But Obi-Wan Kenobi cares for none of this. He is concerned with only a single target-the enemy he has pursued across the galaxy. But Obi-Wan doesn't realize that his greatest triumph might also lead to his greatest failure, and destroy everything that makes him a Jedi and a hero.

Cant wait for mace vs grievous!

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Mist
hey, im collecting republic and obsession. ive got 1 and 2 of obsession, the comic book guys putting the rest on hold for me.

ive got 61 - 72, but i need 69/71. hes also getting those for me.

how far back does the series go?
i havent seen anything before 61, or id have it by now.

and yeah, these comics are AWESOME! i LOVE quinlan vos. what a guy.
and aayla. damn, i love everything in these comics.

but getting back to obsession, pretty sweet. i like obiwan in clone armour, he looks sick.

In Republic the Clone Wars starts in issue 50 and the current issue is 73.

Mist
i got #3 and #4 today! yes! grievous!
and i got 3 new republic comics!
and part 1 of the grievous series!

LightSaber_Part
Scans any one? roll eyes (sarcastic)
(I have seen just a few pages from some and I love them)

jedi_rez
Somebody would like to post some scans or to upload some .... please
Where did you get yours Mist ?

Mist
comic shop in the city.
ill take some shots later.

jedi_rez
I don't have a comic shop in my city...sad
Someone please post some shots...

Obi-OneManShow
http://img102.exs.cx/img102/7835/comicpalps0kg.jpg
The Dark Side of the Post is a pathway to many comics some consider to be too expensive to buy...

mephistodesigns
I'm actually getting ready to go to my local shop to pick up issue 3 of obsession today. And for anyone without a comic shop in their area, just go to www.darkhorse.com and type star wars obsession into the search box and you can order all the issues directly from Dark Horse comics, the company that produces the Star Wars comics.

Obi-OneManShow
I've actually been collecting SW comix for over 10 years now... and while I can get my hands on 80-90% of all comix, it's hard to get hold of that other 10-20%

So, if anyone has... post pls!

Mist
if i had a scanner i would scan...but i dont.

Mist
that was obession 4 btw. this is obsession 3

Mist
the new grievous 4 part comic series.. part 1

jedi_rez
someone can scan some pages??

jtodd74
As it was mentioned in one of the earlier posts. If you go to darkhorse.com and do a search (in the upper right corner) for "Star Wars Obsession", you will be able to get scans of the covers with and with out the Star Wars Title... They are great covers... The art is some of the best I've seen on any cover of my Star Wars comic collection, which includes the my original Marvel series...

mephistodesigns
the original art from marvel....wow that stuff's hillarious. Vader with a green saber....then red....then yellow.....Luke with yellow/red/blue whatever suited them that day. The great buck rodger's guns. And yet, there's something horribly attractive and likeable about that art!

jedi_rez
I have Obsession 3 now...i'm uploading it soon ( the whole comic)

jedi_rez
Now I've got Obsession 4 to...

SnakeEyes
I have read issues 1-4 of Obsession and General Greivous part one. They are all pretty kickass. Plus I got Star Wars Republic issue 74 yesterday!

Mist
republic 74 is cool, tholme looks weird with long hair, i thought that was skorr for a second...stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
lol ^

So far, issue three has been my favorite (from Obession)

Mist
durges death...yeah, pretty sweet. i hope ventress goes out like the bi@tch she is...cant wait for issue 5

SnakeEyes
me neither

SnakeEyes
Now I have read it... awesome cliff-hanger ending!

Master Mawi
The only thing I know is that Adi Gallia is killed by Grievous. But who were part of Mace's Jedi battlion?

SnakeEyes
Ummmm, other random Jedi that do not really matter, because they were just introduced so that they could get killed by GG...

Mist
ventress ending was alright, too bad she didnt get her ass kicked harder though....

it was pretty good how dooku betrayed her....nice to see some backstabbing there evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.