Tekken vs. Mortal Kombat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
Hey Guys. I love thinking of fighting crossovers that would just be bad-ass! In my opinion, Tekken vs Mortal Kombat would be one of them. If Namco and Midway teamed up to do this, it'd be a hit! I know it's a bit awkward with Mortal Kombat having weapons and projectiles whereas Tekken characters just plain fight. But the threads I'll be posting every now & then will be pitting a fighter from each game that I would think make a great rivalry. The MK characters will not be allowed to use weapons, but projectiles are ok because I really think some of the Tekken characters could hold their own against some of the MK characters. I'll even throw in a short storyline for each fight! So here goes the 1st thread...

Orge vs Rayden - There has always been Earth's chosen one who would win Mortal Kombat for mankind. After the humiliating defeats that Outworld has suffered at Mortal Kombat, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi and Shao Khan combine their powers to summon Outworld's chosen one...the God of Fighting, Ogre. Once summoned though, Orge turns on all 3 and beats them to the brink of death, only to realize that they could serve him well in his new desire to bring to Earth the most deadly Outworld force ever to Mortal Kombat. Rayden, having always feared that this day would come, immediately challenges Orge to mortal kombat before Orge's reign of terror can begin.

Orge vs Rayden, who wins? (Orge can turn into True Ogre)

dark1365
A thunder god vs a big fire breathing demon? Obviously Rayden! roll eyes (sarcastic)

azndrgn
But Ogre's the God of FIGHTING. Who better to bring down Earth's warriors than Ogre?

Smasandian
A fighting doesnt beat thunder man.

SaTsuJiN
According to the title fo the thread :
Tekken.. the gameplay far surpasses mortal kombat in my opinion

As for the actual discussion in the thread however.. since you're comparing only ogre vs rayden (which one has nothing to do with the other.. they dont even similarly resemble eachothers fighting methods).. I'm not voting :P

azndrgn
Why do fighters have to resemble each others' fighting methods? Shouldn't 2 fighters' methods be different so they can both adapt?

SaTsuJiN
ogre is hardly the god of fighting.. if he was that good he wouldnt have gotten pwnt numerous times by each tekken player (have you seen an ogre tournament player? I havent -_-) rayden on the other hand is a cheap mutha effah.. teleport , superman dive them into the wall and uppercut them when they bounce into the air = gg k thx

AdventChild
ogre

Joker1237
Rayden,

I think MK has deeper game play, for the TIMES they came out in.

DA was ok, but MKD was pretty deep.

The early MK games were good, But again the games have not evole as todays games, Killer Instinct had the ad of coming out at the right time, There was only 2 KI and 6+ MKs

AdventChild
i really don't like the fighting system of MK....

WAF3001
There both Gods. One is the god of Fighting! Who do you think would win in a fight?

dvampire
Orgre after a long hard fought battle. smile

WAF3001
True Ogre kicks bootie

dvampire
Originally posted by WAF3001
True Ogre kicks bootie

thumbup

WAF3001
Happy Dance reading Happy Dance

LeAtHerRFace
Orge? pleassseee... dont degrade Raiden to a mere "orge" bulk. Raiden is an elder god for christsakes. He has been a guest star in the Xbox hit Unreal Championship 2 The Liandri Conflict! Raiden owns!!

WAF3001
I picked Ogre for sentimental value. Back where I used to live (a long time ago, but I still consider this other place my home) I played this Tekken games at an arcade. I was really young and it was like my first ever fighting game. Well, anyways, True Ogre was my fav. character and has stayed with me pretty much all my life.......
Nothing personal against Rayden

dvampire
Originally posted by LeAtHerRFace
Orge? pleassseee... dont degrade Raiden to a mere "orge" bulk. Raiden is an elder god for christsakes. He has been a guest star in the Xbox hit Unreal Championship 2 The Liandri Conflict! Raiden owns!!

Orge is way stronger than Raiden; but Raiden does have his thunder blast, can fly, and teleport. But I think Orge is just to much for Raiden to handle physically. smile

CorderaMitchell
Raiden's so fu##ing overrated, he's powerful 'but he isn't as "godly" in his worldly form, I don't understand how people see him as so unstoppable, people think he can beat akuma too and akuma is a god.

It would be close, but I'd give it to ogre for melee.

WAF3001
True Ogre just keeps using his flame breathe to kill Rayden!

CorderaMitchell
For note, thunder is crappy, unless you mean lighting attacks, the ones Ive seen him use.

theobvious
<The obvious choice would be rayden because a mere human can beat ogre so a god could definitely beat ogre.

dvampire
Originally posted by theobvious
<The obvious choice would be rayden because a mere human can beat ogre so a god could definitely beat ogre.

Jin isn't a normal human, and Rayden gets beaten by mortals all the time. Ogre is much stronger. no expression

luffyjin
i think mortal kombat deception ruled but the fighting system smeels bad tekkens ogre would definetly pull through victorius he did absorb heihachis energy i mean that mustve bean pretty hard to do concidering heihachi is a rock hard fighter

tassard
off i whont to see a game like Tekken VS Mk

Sonic x 20
Raiden was killed in Deception, but was reborn and became even more powerful than before. Besides Raiden can teleport anywhere he wants. Besides, Raiden fought alot of tough fighters before. I feel Raiden has this battle won. big grin big grin

snake_eyes616
Been playing MK longer, not a big fan of Rayden though. I always either got Johnny Cage cool or Liu Kangyinyang

Sonic x 20
MK fighters have ANIMALITIES!!!!!!

Oiram62205
MK sucks ass

I HAVE played every tekken and every mk btw

Sonic x 20
Does Tekken have ANIMALITIES? No. Only Mortal Kombat has that and Bloody Roar also.

Darth Sparhawk
True Ogre.
And I like Tekken more.

darth-yoda
orge takes this his suprem size adn by the looks of it he has some strenght and he haas a shield even raiden dont have one of them im sure that could block lightning

Sonic x 20
Raiden has been reborn and he may have some new moves up his sleeve. big grin big grin

toshin
Tekken is way better. Characters have more charism. The story line is more original, the gameplay is better and last but not least Nina Williams is in there.

samishe
Well if Shang and Quan Chi kicked his ass by using his magic then Ogre surely can.
And still Raiden can beat Akuma.

Supreme04
Well actually i think that by far Raiden would beat Ogre.
And MK is better... One Fight i would like to see,though,is Onaga against True Ogre.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Supreme04
Well actually i think that by far Raiden would beat Ogre.
And MK is better... One Fight i would like to see,though,is Onaga against True Ogre. Onaga would win that.

shin_remy
I believe Rayden wins Mk is to underrated

S.G
I don't know to be honest but I'm going with Rayden, he proved his fighting skill when he took on Quan Chi and Shang Shung at the same time, he was owning them till they used magic. Oh and I will remark on how those two are top rier in MK. Ogre is powerful but I'm pretty sure he can be beaten by Rayden.

Coleman Trebor

Raiden teleports Ogre into space, then teleports back, instantly.

QED.

S.G
Wow what a stupid answer.

Coleman Trebor
Wow, what a stupid comeback. next time back up your statements.

S.G
Back up you'rs by showing or telling me evidence that Rayden can do that. Where has he ever showed the skill to do that, why didn't he do it to Onaga or everyone. Because he can't.

JacopeX
Who ever spells it "Rayden" is a n00b

Raiden > Ogre

Swe_Bum
Originally posted by JacopeX

Raiden > Ogre Amen! yes

S.G
Originally posted by JacopeX

Raiden > Ogre Seeing as I don't even really buy or play MK much I think I can be excused.

Oh and it was Rayden at a time I beleive. It has been changed before. wink

shin_remy
Originally posted by S.G
Seeing as I don't even really buy or play MK much I think I can be excused.

Oh and it was Rayden at a time I beleive. It has been changed before. wink

yeah, like you have ever played or buyed something else roll eyes (sarcastic)

S.G
Do you know what f@ck you. I spent most of my time on my ame and I bought all tekkens apart from 1 and 2. i completed MK and was very good at SF oh and completed all Soul blades/soulcalibers. So you don't know anythign about me so don't try to be a smart ass and presume otherwise.

shin_remy
Originally posted by S.G
Do you know what f@ck you. I spent most of my time on my ame and I bought all tekkens apart from 1 and 2. i completed MK and was very good at SF oh and completed all Soul blades/soulcalibers. So you don't know anythign about me so don't try to be a smart ass and presume otherwise.

is that the best you got the say? no expression

S.G
And yours was any better Jackie.

Sam Z
Raiden wins this without much trouble.

Coleman Trebor
Originally posted by S.G
Back up you'rs by showing or telling me evidence that Rayden can do that. Where has he ever showed the skill to do that, why didn't he do it to Onaga or everyone. Because he can't.
My evidence is called logic. Raiden has the ability teleport himself, or other people in contact with him, instantly to anywere. Whats stopping him from just teleporting someone into space? nothing.

The only reason he can't do that in the games is because of balancing issues, and plot devices. hence why I dont play fighting games that often. They try to make everyone look equal, yet they give certain people powers that, if harnesed to their full potential, could be used to kill ANYONE.

Thats how it works in the real world.

S.G
But when has he ever been shown to be able to teleport that far. Oh and this is a fight that would be a ring our sort of and would suck and he would be a pussy.

king of kane
all right i think its time to make a new matchup

by the way im new hi

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Raiden has more supernatural powers and is more likely to defeat Orge/True Orge

However, I do like Tekken better than MK as a fighting game.

majid86
I hope they don't fuse Shao Kahn with any Tekken Characters and created an unoriginal character like Dark 'Lame' Kahn from MK vs DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.