What will be the biggest game of 2005?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
lots of anticipation for these!!!

Julie
ohhh big close match

Smasandian
Between RE4, Zelda.

I dont know about others though.
Im looking forward to F.E.A.R, STALKER, Battlefield 2.

But other than that, there hasnt been any big games announced like what happened last year with Doom 2, Half Life 2, Halo 2, WoW.

WindDancer
I'm going with Jade Empire. thumb up

This is year will be most likely about the new consoles like PS3 and Xbox 2.

BackFire
Zelda, big time.

Also maybe Gran Turismo 4.

SlipknoT
Resident Evil 4

Tptmanno1
Battlefield 2 or Age of Empires 3

SlipknoT
AOE will not be the biggest game of the year laughing out loud

Lord_Andres
Well I belive that Stalker will be one of those games that really will get peoples attention. like Far Cry did, Stalker looks VERY sweet, anyway I'm pretty sure that Quake 4 will be the biggest game this year (if it gets realesed, I'm betting on a late november or december release for that one!)

Darth Jello
all I heard was this: Most rumors about the new zelda game are false. It is actually a prequal to Ocerina of Time and will be a huge improvement over that. and how well did Ocerina do? was that what? 7 million preorders?

Smasandian
I think Quake 4 be exactly like Doom 3. Nowadays, when its comes to gameplay, ID Software is not near most AAA developers. They just do good engines and graphics.

ChickinMeat
I agree, S.T.A.L.K.E.R will be a winner im sure, i saw it running at a gaming convention and it looked sweet.

Im sure i read somewhere that Quake4 is comming 2006? im probably wrong

Kaldro
How about Star Wars Republic Commando? But yes, my vote is in for Jade Empire as well. The game is coming out pretty soon anyway. Both of them are.

Darth_Lucifer
i think it will either be : Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith o'r Matrix Onlinesmile

ResEvil_4ever
Devil May Cry and world of warcraft should be the biggest games of 2005

Linkalicious
I'm going with Zelda.

Wind Waker got all kinds of hype. This new one should be hands down better starting from the graphics up...

General Kaliero
Actually, Eiji Aonuma confirmed in an interview that it is a sequel to Wind Waker, and that it "will be very beautiful."

And THAT, quite literally, is all we know besides what we scrounge from the screenshots.

Despite Aonuma's tight lips, and despite the fact that it will likely come out in Q4, the general reaction to the trailer in last year's E3 should be enough to convince anyone that this is game of the year.

ARC Trooper 117
RotS is going to suck.....KotOR came out in '04....What the f**k?
I'd say it's probably going to be the next HALO sequel. stick out tongue

PunisherFan33
the Punisher All the Way

radioboy121
Kingdom Hearts 2 or Final Fantasy XII (I think it's coming out this year) for me.

manny321
aoe3 will be the biggest computer game of the year. Tens of millions have played AOE.

Draco69
Aren't they coming out? Gamespot says so.

TX!
i think gran turismo 4 will be the biggest game this year or maybe the new final fantsy

Blue Dragon
My sig says it all!

SaTsuJiN
Zelda will undoubtedly hold all of the attention when its released later this year

ChickinMeat
I agree, zelda always does

JToTheP
It will be between RE4 & Zelda until Microsoft releases XBox 360 and all the fanboys go NUTS again, like when Halo came out. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smasandian
F.E.A.R

thats what im really looking forward too.

Beelzebuu
Kingdom Hearts 2 if it comes out. Legend of Zelda if KH2 doesn't come out this year.

Alpha Centauri
Resident Evil 4 is by far the best game ever.

Let alone best of 2005.

-AC

RE401
It's between RE4 and Legend of Zelda. I have RE4 and planning to get Zelda, but I think Zelda will win because it attracts more because of RE4 is a M game and maybe Zelda will be a T.

ragesRemorse
either resident evil 4 or gears of war for xbox360

nick1811
i think ' the godfather: the game' will be the biggest, personally

Darth Jello
if anyone's a mod, i'd like to update the poll so that zelda is called twilight princess, when i started this, it was still untitled.

powerfulone1987
Yeah I am looking forward to those too.

Cant forget about Colossus. Looks real good.

ragesRemorse
yes, that does look very good. I havent been as excited for a game as i am for Colossus in a long time.

Flood Aidan
Pro Evo 5

DaRk Lotus
Originally posted by PunisherFan33
the Punisher All the Way

That game sux big time it was too smiple to beat on any level of game play.

Blue Dragon
A lot of Zelda being mentioned here... smile C'mon Zelda is just so good!

pr1983
Originally posted by Flood Aidan
Pro Evo 5

i agree...

Red Superfly
Resident Evil 4 so far.

It's brilliant.

God Of War and Legend Of Zelda are also looking to be good competition.

Darth Jello
this zelda looks good, but I kinda wanted it to be a prequal to Ocarina of Time instead of a prequal to Windwaker

Smasandian
If the new Zelda was a prequel to Ocarina Of Time, wouldnt that mean link would be a baby?

the new Zelda is actually a sequel to the Wind Waker, not a prequel because the same thing as above, Link would be a baby.

But then again, this is the Legend Of Zelda, which means their isnt really a cohesive story between any of them.

Darth Jello
it's a prequal to the windwaker, explaining why Hyrule was flooded, the creators said so. and the ocarina would have a different link and involve the war that was mentioned in ocarina of time. as for a timeline, if you really look it's pretty obvious

shadow12
Originally posted by Darth Jello
it's a prequal to the windwaker, explaining why Hyrule was flooded, the creators said so. and the ocarina would have a different link and involve the war that was mentioned in ocarina of time. as for a timeline, if you really look it's pretty obvious when will this one take place like how many years after majora's mask

Darth Jello
it'll be something like a century after Majora's Mask.
and in case you want to get into this, here's the timeline that makes the most sense to me:
1.Ocarina of Time
2.Majora's Mask
3.Link's Awakening
4.Twilight Princess
5.The Windwaker
6.The Legend of Zelda
7.The Adventure of Link
8.Oracle of Ages
9.Oracle of Seasons
10.The Minish Cap
11.Four Swords
12.Four Sword Adventures
13.A Link to the Past

LiL nAstY GirL
KH2

Julie
KOTOR II was awesome....I think I played it 20 times

powerfulone1987
Final Fantasy XII. I think 12 is the one that's coming out next. Yeah, I am pretty sure it is.

Royal Knight
TLOZ

powerfulone1987
I don't really understand the big whoop about the Legend of Zelda.
I've only played on Zelda game and that was on my gameboy advance.
I don't even understand why it's called Zelda.
Shouldn't the title have Links name in it?

kier14matrix
I think The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess will be the biggest game of 2005.

kier14matrix
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I don't really understand the big whoop about the Legend of Zelda.
I've only played on Zelda game and that was on my gameboy advance.
I don't even understand why it's called Zelda.
Shouldn't the title have Links name in it?

Zelda for the gameboy advance is good, but play Ocarina Of Time and Majora's mask on the N64 and you will really see what all the whoop is about. The gameboy version doesn't perform the Zelda games to their full potential.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by kier14matrix
Zelda for the gameboy advance is good, but play Ocarina Of Time and Majora's mask on the N64 and you will really see what all the whoop is about. The gameboy version doesn't perform the Zelda games to their full potential.

When Majora's mask came out I really wanted to play it because I am a time traveling maniac. I am just really intersted in time travel. But I don't know what happened at the time, maybe nobody would buy it for me, after all I was younger than.
Also in my life I have had 2 N64 because out of the kindness of my heart and a little coaxing by my mother, I gave them away to other kids that were less fortunate during christmas time and their parents gave it to them and said santa clause did. I also did the same thing with my super nintendo.

I must say that I deeply regret this ignorant and childlike choices. I was too young to make a decision like those.

But yeah maybe I just haven't played the right game to get into it. I wish I had played Majora's mask or whichever one was the time traveling one. Maybe i'll buy this next upcoming link game just for the heck of it. Should I?

And I still never got another Super Nintendo or N64 and my mom said she would get me another one N64 which would have been my third one. I also gave all of my games to the super nintendo away and one of my games away to the N64 cause I had just gotten one new game to the N64 so I kept that to play on my next N64 but I never got it. It was a new Kirby game. I'll always regret my choices. sad

Blue Dragon
At the moment the poll reads:
Zelda Twilight Princess - 13 votes
Other - 13 votes

Just look at this! Other is any game in the entire world. Just say that 13 votes is for 13 different games, 13 different games combind isn't enough to beat the 13 votes for Zelda alone!

Oh yeah, oh yeah! Happy Dance

kier14matrix
Yup that's because Zelda totally owns all the other up-coming games. big grin
And i think you should buy the new Zelda game Powerfulone1987 because it's meant to be the best one to come out yet and you won't regeret it!

General Zodiac
The new Zelda will be forgotten about when Halo 3 comes out.

kier14matrix
Not entirely true.

((The_Anomaly))
ohh god Halo people. Halo 2 sucked, and halo 1 was sub-par at best. they are just shooting games, nothing more, they are good ones, no doubt, but bring nothing new to the table.

Zelda will own everything this year. I can see it taking over OoT for best game of all time.

Darth Jello
Majora's mask is interesting in the beginning and awesome in the end, but all the minigames and impossible tasks and timetraveling frustrations make the bulk of it...well...an absolute abortion of a game compared to Ocarina of Time, Link's Awakening, and Link to the Past.

SaTsuJiN
Zelda... people are drooling over every drop of footage they can get their hands on.. no doubt it will be a big seller come release day

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Arbiter
Pfft no way! Halo is so...pfft, it's just not good.

shadow12
halo is a rip off of metroid anyway zelda will be really good

diabloprimeevil
diablo 3 will be good aswell but that looks to be a 2006

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by shadow12
Halo is owned! Bye bye baby!blowupblow

Zelda = notworthypunk

shadow12
lol but seriously it is a rip off of metroid and your right zelda owns

Ast Rofan
Originally posted by Arbiter

What? confused

Arbiter
How is Halo a ripoff of Metroid? Halo is soooo much better then Metroid. Samus us a bounty hunter who goes around to planets doing whatever. Master Chief looks nothing like her and is fighting in a war.

shadow12
they took alot from metroid i mean some of the fricken enimies look like damn space pirates

kier14matrix
Yeah Microsoft need to think of some new fresh ideas, instead of copying of Nintendo.

choosewisely
nintendo rules

Fire
Age of Empires 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smasandian
Originally posted by diabloprimeevil
diablo 3 will be good aswell but that looks to be a 2006

There is no known existence of Diablo 3.

If your thinkingof Hellgate, then yes, but there is no Diablo 3.

MrBones
RE 4, and that was a GREAT game...

Blue Dragon
How is it a rip of Metroid though? I don't like Metroid but I'm just wondering how it is.

Blue Dragon
Well it won't be Zelda, it's been delayed until no sooner than April 2006!

Skorn254
RE4

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Halo is owned! Bye bye baby!blowupblow

Zelda = notworthypunk

Fanboys... roll eyes (sarcastic)

mASTer Rofan
Resident Evil 4, nothing has even come close.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Fanboys... roll eyes (sarcastic)
....not again...

I'm no boy! roll eyes (sarcastic)

crazy_shadow
quake 4 on xbox 360 no expression

Otaku
Beat Down:Fists of Vengeance of course laughing

Seriously though.I have no idea.When on the E3 i was thinking too much about the next gen consoles that i couldn't really digest all the games.

Nactous
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
....not again...

I'm no boy! roll eyes (sarcastic)
Did you read this hotsauce, or anyone else for that matter? I'm just telling everyone I'm no *bends two fingers on each hand* 'fanboy'. I might be a fangirl. wink

Blue Dragon
Since Zelda won't be out until 2006, I'm saying other. None of the above, so I'd say maybe Jak X or Dragonball Z 4, I don't know any big games this year...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.