World's Strongest Super-Being Competition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
So here it is. Earth's mightiest super heroes & villians put aside their differences to compete in the World's Strongest Super-Being Competition.

The entrants:
Colossus
Darkseid
Doomsday
Hulk
Juggernaut
Superman
The Thing
Wonder Woman

The events:
1. "Bench press" a tank as many times possible
2. Pull a 50-car train the fastest (train is on bare land)
3. Hold the Empire State building over your head the longest
4. Vertically throw an 18-wheeler the highest
5. Strongest PSI (pounds per square inch) in a single punch

Take the poll! Who takes home the trophy? Comment on who wins each event or just who wins the whole show.

FujiFuu
These arent the strongest super heros or villians, I mean u dont even have thor, who is one of the strongest marvel characters. Theres to many characters u left out, but depending on if the hulk was as angry as he could get, then it always goes to him.

azndrgn
Well I just put in these 8 because for the most part their powers rely on brute strength (minus Superman). I know I left out some others, but bare w/ me, haha

jplatinum
1.Thanos w/ig( using the power gem to boost his strength)
2. grundy(has near matched supes in brute strength)
3. gladiator( what more can I say about this man)
4. lobo(one bad and one strong mo' fo')
5. superboy( hell he can lift anything he touches)
Just throwing in a few suggestions.

jplatinum
Oh yeah. I like this thread too. Its original. It s cool too. thumb up

azndrgn
Those were awesome suggestions. I'll probably do another thread w/ those guys

mikalv1224
darksied has mental powers so he could use those to help him hold the stuff up.

azndrgn
No dude. Mental powers would be cheating in a contest like this. It's all about the characters' natural strength. Mental powers would be like steroids

Hegemon875
Bus his mental powers are natural

azndrgn
Ok, let me make it clearer (though I shouldn't have to) Every contestant uses his/her muscles (i.e., lift things, pull things, push things) Just b/c Darkseid has mental powers doesn't necessarily mean his arms or legs are stronger than the other contestatnts

JWangSDC
Superman wins hands down, his speed gives him a huge advantage in any type of strongman event.

Jamaican
"Superman wins hands down, his speed gives him a huge advantage in any type of strongman event"

Agreed. He is already just as strong as everyone there, and then you add in moving at nearly light speeds. He is most certainly the victor.

LordFear
Didn't the man just say only brute strength?.So why the hell are we using super speed? Then that means that Darkseid can use mental powers. Anyway I say DOOMSDAY!!!!! You seem to forget that this is a being that has pummeled the Man of Steel once upon a time. Hulk getting angrier? so what Doomsy just adjusts to the weight he has to lift or pull simple as that. How do u defeat something that just keeps replicating itself to adapt to it's environment? You really can't

Jamaican
"Didn't the man just say only brute strength?.So why the hell are we using super speed? "

B/c if he's in a competition of "dragging a 50 car train the FASTEST"...then uhhh dude, i HIGHLY doubt he'd gonna walk it. Dont you? Don't you think each of them are going to try and pull it their fastest?

Draco69
Superman moved a planet.

Hulk COULD win if he was really angry or he had an adrenaline rush.

This would be the most likely roster:

1. Superman
2. Darkseid
3. Hulk
4. Doomsday
5. Wonder Woman
6.Juggernaut
7. Colossus
8. The Thing

Mosiah Felix
madTwo words,omega force.With the omega force Darkseid can transport any being through time and space,use it to disintegrate anyone,AND!There is no known limit to its power.Plus strength-wise,Darkseid is in the same league as Superman,Hulk,and Colossus.

illadelph12
How about adding Apocalypse. He can grant himself any physical ability imaginable. He'd be really stiff competition in each event except maybe the speed pull event (though he could morph his foot into a jet engine or rocket...).

Never
When did he do it post-crisis?

In that poll, hard to say. Who knows exactly how strong Doomsday and Hulk are?

LordFear
Hey Jamaican then we could also argue that HULK could just leap instead of dragging his weight, Darkseid could levitate it as well since this is partly based on speed right. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

azndrgn
Cool responses everyone. So now I'm gonna try to break down each event to see your guys' predictions. Who does everyone think would win the tank bench press competition?

Kento
Depends on who'd tire out first as to who'd loose.

azndrgn
I'm surprised Juggernaut hasn't gotten any nods. He would definitely beat out The Thing who has 1 vote to win the whole competition whereas Juggs has no votes

ThaWhiteShadow
thing and colossuss shouldnt be on the list

ThaWhiteShadow
supes or hulk would win

azndrgn
The Thing and Colossus may not be as big a powerhouse as Hulk or Superman. But they'd still give some competition. Just like a human strongest male competition, there's always people that lose, but the losers are still strong as hell

Alpha Centauri
Voted Hulk.

-AC

savagerampage
In terms of strength Hulk,superman,doomsday,juggernaut,darkseid all have class 100 strength

thing has 90 tons
and collosus and wonderwoman shouldnt even be in there, they only have a 75 ton lift capacity

thanos and thor shoulda have taken there places

azndrgn
Colossus and Wonderwoman may not be as big a powerhouse as Hulk or Superman. But they'd still give some competition. Just like a human strongest male competition, there's always people that lose, but the losers are still strong as hell

illadelph12
Current Colossus is Class 100, and also has another upgrade on the horizon...

Draco69
Colossus is actually Class 100 as is Wonder Woman.

WW once lifted a airship the size of a city. She also stopped a meteorite the size of Denver from hitting a populated area. She's most definitely Class 100. Oh and these feats were when she was at HALF her strength.

I agree that Thor should be here. It's very surprising he isn't

savagerampage
Okay then the russian is in. but wonderwoman only has 75 ton lift capacity. the other guys would be tossing things around she wouldnt be able to lift, same with thing

Draco69
Once again, WW is NOT 75 ton capacity. Read above post.

savagerampage
She isnt so why was she listed as 75 ton lift capacity

Draco69
It's most likely inaccurate. She's definitely Class 100. She's a step below Superman in terms of strength. The feats mentioned was when she was at HALF her strength indicating her full strength is unfathomable.

savagerampage
She would still be behind the likes of hulk,superman,juggernaut and doomsday,darkseid

Draco69
She would be behind all those you have mentioned.

savagerampage
Hulk would win that competiton just cause he could only get stronger

azndrgn
Hey you guys. I'll be putting up another strong man competition tonight. so look for that one soon

illadelph12
"Hulk would win that competiton just cause he could only get stronger"

Depends. He'd have to get mad. If Wonder Woman competes topless in a thong, he might revert back to Banner while trying to bench press with a gamma boner.

LordFear
tank bench press goes to Hulk

Hegemon875
None of these people is on par with Supes prime (im assuming superman in his most powerful incarnation since it has not been otherwise specified) Marvel Characters shouldn't even be put up against pre crisis DC, theres no competition, DC will just about always win. Except maybe precrisis Darkseid?

azndrgn
Ok guys. The 2nd World's Strongest Super-Being competition has been posted. Check it out!

manjaro
the tank is no good measuring stick. the heaviest tank in US arsenal weighs 68 tons. a weight all of them could lift. if thats the case superman is easily the victor for all he has to do a billion presses at light speed and go take a break....while it would take the others years to do the same...and b4 anyone tries to jump on this...yes it would take 31 years and some days to count to one billion .

Cosmic Cube
A tank is kinda small for these guys, isn't it? I am assuming we are going by strength alone, (No IG, or telekinesis.) According to his most accurate profiles, Superman can lift approximately 48,000 tons. Hulk's base strength isn't specified, it is simply listed as over 100 tons.
Superman being stronger than Hulk is highly debatable.

Since when can Superman move at light-speed?

azndrgn
Check out World's Strongest Super-Being 2 to see if the events are better at testing everyone's strength

manjaro
that was one o' dem retorical questions right? superman can achieve 90% the speed of light. as far as im concerned thats still pretty damn quick

Cosmic Cube
Where have you read that Superman can acheive 90% of the speed of light? Last I checked, he was only as fast as the old Flash at 128 m/s.

kgkg
90% since when am shocked as well?

K Von Doom
The tank would disintegrate to dust if Supes bench pressed it at light speed.

wolverex84
Eventually it always comes down to hulk and superman, marvel's strongest vs DC strongest . Hulk should win this one because of his strength, natural pure muscles composed of gammaRAY molescules, imean according to the movie, 15feet tall and very muscular, every muscle in his body counts when he even lifts things that are even less than 10 tons, take the movie for instance, did you see when hulk threw the armored tank like almost 2 miles away, now that is pure /natural strength, we could tell how he shouted when he threw the tank,that he feels the pain and strain in his musles yet he still gets stronger because his strength is limitless... I THINK IF THIS WAS BASED IN THE MOVIES, THEN HULK IS DEFINATELY THE STRONGEST because he is even stronger in the movie than the comic.

superman should come in as 2nd place, imagine how strong you would be if you can from a planet that its density is 100 times denser than earth, that means you would be as strong as superman, but he has his own limitations, hulk does not.

LordFear
I go with Doomsday

Wynndar
yea but in the scientifically unaccountable world of DC i doubt they would care to demonstrate that.

jplatinum
Man, I think the hulk takes this one because supes can't bench 60 tons
at light speed that many times,he would wear out quicker than people think.
Hulk's endurance is much better and his strength would grow instantly if he had motivation and he would press the tank probably limitless times like for hours and hours.
And anyway this is strength and power so speed uber speed is banned so supes would be disqualified if he tried that light speed thing.

Hulk wins regardless!!!!!

azndrgn
Hey jplat, check out World's Strongest Super-Being 2

manjaro
you're kidding me right?(looks suspiciously from left to right) where where you when superman kept pace with jay garrick and even impulse(POST crisis of course)also where were you when when supes kept pace with wally when they ran from keystone city to san fran and back b4 they ended thier conversation about politics and voting(tho that was not an official race)

but most importantly, where were you when superman was so angry after lex was elected president he went to that dead moon off saturn and smashed it up, along with a comet.(also collected in the President Lex trade)

the caption read:"a small dead moon off saturn approx. 4 minutes after the announcement that Lex Luthor will be the next president of the United States." but the thing is just two pages prior he was in his office making a phone call to a head of state(as per Perry white's orders) to get a reaction about the announcement.

and since saturn is well over 800 million miles away from earth, and it takes light about an hour to get from earth to saturn, and vice versa superman must have great speed to get there in four minutes. in fact it would seem as if he was even faster than light but hey...thats comics for ya!big grin

IN in Superman#191 when he and flash had an official race, as he tries to catch up with the Flash, the Army and SCU try to deal with a strange rift that is forming over Metropolis. Superman checks out the rift and flies at 38,005 M.P.H. Mach 50 and then does 184,200 miles per second (a tad shy of traveling at the speed of light). he likley got to that speed bcuz there proabbly was no gravity in the rift. When Superman gets into the heart of the rift he encounters a strange alien creature that is part of the Baxtan race of alien beings.

plus that wasnt the first time the 90% thing was explored. thats mostly coming outta the mid-late 90's. in fact, they even listed J'onn with the same speed. so basically what it boils down to is in Earth's atmosphere im willing to say that he has a maximum of mach 50, and in space where there is no resistance after a while he could acclerate up to the 90%

jplatinum
I think hulk would win because of his ability to get stronger and all he would need is motivation and his body will instantly boost his strength to compensate any weakness.Plus if he get hurt straining a muscle he automatically heals in like 2 seconds so a muscle cramp wouldn't stop him from pressing a 60 ton tank thousands of times bafore his exhaustion kicked in.

Oh and superman would be disqualified if he tried the lift speed thing since I'm guessing one would have to use thier natural muscle speed in these events. Superman's extreme feats of speed are manifested and would be a qualification,and he could not press an object that heavy at light speed beacuse he would serious injury himself plus he would give out alot sooner than people realize. He may be able to press a car at near-light speed but not a 60 ton tank at light-speed.Using his normal superman level speed to the max without manifesting any uber uber speed, I'd say he presses the tank about 200-500 times before he is plum out exhausted. so Hulk still wins. no miffed

azndrgn
Since this is my thread I'm going to advertise my "Martial Arts tournament" thread. Go check it out! cool

K3VIL
The list should be:
Classical Thor
Superman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman, who's class 100, he has lifted San Francisco
Doomsday
Beta Ray Bill
Hercules of Marvel Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.