Who can take down a villian team of Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Darkseid & Doomsday?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
What super-hero team could take down a team of Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Darkseid & Doomsday? X-men? X-factor? X-force? New Mutants? Fantastic Four? Justice League? Is it even possible?

demigawd
Can we create our own collection, or are we limited to an established team?

azndrgn
I think the only team that could have a remote chance of beating these 4 is the Justice League. But the JLA would have a hell of a time doing so.

azndrgn
Well, comment first if you think an established team could take these 4 on. Then create your team that you think could put these 4 in their place. Haha

demigawd
The JLA with the Big Three + GL Hal and Flash could certainly do it. A similar lineup for the JSA could do it too.
An Avengers team with Sersi, Photon and Thor and Reality-altering Wanda could probably do it.
An X-men team with heavy psi-power may be able to do it. I'm thinking Jean, Storm, Iceman, Havok, Bishop, Cable and Colossus and....hell, nah, they all get creamed. sad
The Defenders could do it, though they're probably slightly overwhelmed.
Thunderbolts with Moonstone with two gems might have an outside shot, but only as long as they can protect Moonstone, who has to do all the heavy lifting.

demigawd
Oh, and maybe the Infinity Watch!

azndrgn
This would be a sweet team-up opportunity for the X-men and JLA since they've both fought their respective villians on the villain team!

radioboy121
Maybe the original five of Excalibur. If Phoenix finds that she cannot take them on her own, Shadowcat can merge all five of them together (Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Meggan, and Captain Britain) to defeat the foursome.

Kento
JLA's Big Seven could possibly take it. X-men are no were near on par with JLA so that team up wouldn't be to good. Maybe Avengers/JLA team up against the four...even if two are X-Men villains.

azndrgn
Great answers y'all. Any way you put, a fight against this evil 4 would definitely end w/ quite a bit of rubble surrounding the fight!

Beyonder
Infinity Watch. Warlock, Gamora, Moondragon, Drax, Maximus, and Pip.

Darkseid Vs. Warlock
Juggernaut Vs. Maximus, Moondragon
DD Vs. Drax
Apocalypse Vs. Gamora, Pip

spetznaz
Great matchup. And a tough one to beat.
After all, Apocalypse and Darkseid are amazing thinkers/strategists, and have great power to boot. Juggernaut (when written with some respect) can cause a whole heck of trouble, and Doomsday is just a walking nightmare.
I think the JLA could do this, but several members would have to go bye-bye.
And for the JLA to do this it would have to let Martian Manhunter get into his savage form, which would make him almost unstoppable, but doing so would make him even more dangerous than the four baddies. Superman would probably die again since Darkseid and Doomsday would be gunning for him, and thus he'd meet with D'seid's Omega effect or D'Day's bone-knuckle fists! Anyways, the JLA have a chance. But they would have to sacrifice dearly for the victory (at which point it would only be a matter of time before Doomsday came back and finished them all).

For the X-men to even THINK of meeting this foursome they would need to have the Phoenix. Without the Phoenix all they could do is slow the inevitable.

And I'm sure there are other teams that could do this.
One thing that is for sure is that it would be extremely difficult to do so. Anyone of the four could cause a lot of trouble on his own (particularly Apoc, Dooms and Darkseid), and putting them together just creates a really powerful force.

Kento
Superman, Thor, Captain Marvel, MM, Hulk, Dr. Strange, Orion, Big Barda, and Wonder Woman?? Anybody think that team up might be able to take out the 4?

Beyonder
Loki, Kurse, Mangog, Desak: team Asgard.

Loki Vs. Apocalypse
Kurse Vs. Juggernaut
Mangog Vs. DD
Desak Vs. Darkseid

azndrgn
Hey Kento. Not a bad team-up you made there. I would definitely say they have a good chance of stopping this crazy 4. But like everyone has said, any team is going to have their hands full with these 4 villains. I think to even have a remote chance of taking down Juggernaut & Doomsday on this team you need Superman AND Hulk. Cuz I think Juggs and Doomsday could easily take out Superman, especially since Doomsday has done it on his own.

azndrgn
I really think Apocalypse would school Loki

CountQuan
Onslaught, Galactus, Hulk, and maybe Superman

Beyonder
Is that why Apocalypse is only an X-Men threat while Loki is an Avenger's level threat and threat to Asgard?

Apocalypse would get turned into a toad by Loki. This guy's stalemated Silver Surfer. Apocalypse is on par with only Magneto, even getting his ass kicked by Magnus.

Kento
So we can use villains to. Zod, Supes, White Martians, and Martian Manhunter.

Swanky-Tuna
All these teams are jokes. Sick jokes.

Here's a team with some moxie, some gall, some power.

Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
Captain "Howlin' Mad" Murdock
Lieutenant Templeton "Face" Peck
Sergeant Bosco "B.A." Baracus
http://members.lycos.co.uk/zanpanzer/A-Team%20TVG%203-84.jpg

kgkg
JLA whould get creamed no ofence.

I whould go with The defender they might be able to do it.

All i know is that JLA whould get cream against these powerhouse virtual all are intrustable /imortal.

how about the glactus team haha : him and his herald vs these fool.

Glactus only will take them all on i whould think his herald will be watching the others getting F*cked

demigawd
Yeah - Team Power Cosmic:

Morg
Silver Surfer
Air Walker
Nova
Firelord
Terrax

kgkg
ya leave galactus out lol
Morg
Silver Surfer
Air Walker
Nova
Firelord
Terrax

perfect team they whould cream Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Darkseid & Doomsday.

Morg vs Darkseid - Morg takes it
surfer vs Apocalypse, Juggernaut -- surfer takes it
Doomsday vs Air Walker, Nova, Firelord ,Terrax--- Air Walker, Nova, Firelord ,Terrax takes it.

i just match them like that lol

azndrgn
You guys are giving some cool team-ups to go against this evil 4. Keep 'em coming! Good suggestion by kgkg above. Like I said before, I think the only established team that could possibly bring these 4 down are the JLA, but some members would be dead at the end (Batman most likely). If a 4-man superhero team were to challenge these 4, I'd pick Superman, Hulk, Ironman and Thor.

Superman would probably want to square off w/ Juggernaut since Doomsday has killed him before
Hulk could take Doomsday in the end
I think Thor could hold his own against Darkseid
Tony Stark could possibly go against Apocalypse if he had some REALLY jacked up suit

The major weakness of this hero team though would be if the villain team used kryptonite to incapacitate Superman. Then the hero team would be hurt badly cuz Supes is definitely a key player in taking down these 4.

kgkg
Superman, Hulk, Ironman and Thor. will most likly loose you know why

here is doomday will beat superman
Jugs will beat Ironman
Darksied will most likly beat Thor(not King thor)
Apoc -- will hold a good fight with Hulk

the problem is most of villian are imortal / indistuctable

so eventually Superman, Hulk, Ironman and Thor. don't have enough power to take them down remember doomday alone took on the JL and won.

azndrgn
Good point kgkg. Man, does everyone at least agree that any team going against these 4 is one hell of a showdown? It's just hard thinking of any combination of heroes that couly efficiently bring these 4 down. In the end, you probabaly need more than just 4 because the sheer power of these 4 villains combined demands a small army of superheroes.

kgkg
azndrgn very true this is one of the Stongest villian group out there.

how about skyfathers the human GOds

they will distroy them tho but any normal team will be hell taking these guys.

demigawd
That depends. We could include enhanced versions of these heroes.

For example:

Rune King Thor
Superman Prime
Keeper Surfer
Ion Kyle

would completely destroy that team. It's probably also overkill.

But King Thor (Jurgens)
Superman
God Cable
Silver Surfer

Would be a good battle.

King Thor takes out Doomsday
Superman takes out Darkseid (AGAIN)
God Cable takes out Juggernaut
Silver Surfer takes out Apocalypse

We could replace Cable with just about any really good telekinetic/telepath and beat Juggernaut

We could probably downgrade Thor to regular Thor and a lot of posters would say he does well against Doomsday. King Thor makes it difficult to argue in favor of Doomsday.

So there's a team of heroes for you.

azndrgn
Do you guys think that if the hero side was able to utilize the Infinity Gauntlet that that coud greatly help the heroes beat these 4?

azndrgn
With Juggernaut though, you would have to get his helmet off before someone could use their telekinetic/telepathic abilities since the helmet blocks those kinds of powers.

demigawd
The IG is basically a get out of jail free card. It doesn't help you in battle - it ends the battle. Aunt May with the Infinity Gauntlet would beat Poccy, Juggy, Darkie, Doomsie AND all of the heroes named on this thread combined. Let's leave the Gauntlet out of this.

I named a team of heroes that would take out these four villains. Comments?

demigawd
That's why I named a telekinetic/telepathic. A telepath alone won't be able to do it. But Juggy isn't immune to telekinesis, just telepathic attacks. Cable could just telekinetically rip the helmet of Juggy. Or, if someone absolutely insists Juggy is immune to it, he could telekinetically control something to rip or knock it off for him. Then - BLAST.

Or, I'm sure he could get an assist from one of the other guys just to take the helmet off.

Either way, getting the helmet off Juggernaut is usually the easiest part about fighting him. Angel and Longshot can tell you that much, lol.

azndrgn
Good points demigawd. Yeah I liked your 1st list of 4 heroes that could take these 4 villains. It makes sense to fight power w/ power in this case

Kento
X-Man, Kal-el, Martian Manhunter, and Thor.

Thor against Doomsday

Kal against Darkseid

MM against Juggy

X-Man against Apocalypse

azndrgn
Any one have any thoughts on other villains that could make this team reasonably unbeatable? Please give GOOD suggestions. Bad ones would be like: Venom cuz he doesn't add anything, Lex Luthor cuz he's just human and Apocs & Darkseid are 2 great thinkers already, etc

Kento
General Zod maybe. He's dead now...granted but He has broken Superman's jaw.

azndrgn
Martian Manhunter against Juggs, really? What are Martian's powers? I know some of them, but maybe not all of them

Kento
He's stronger or strong as supes, can shape shift, fly, phase thru anything, and a stronger telepath then Charles is.

Those are the only ones I know...he might have more.

Kento
Martian Vision, invisibility, Telepathic Assault, Telepathic Relay, Thought Sensing,

azndrgn
I think the setting for a battle of this magnitude would be awesome. For me I'd like to see it go down in the middle of a big city (NY, LA, etc) and the sky's red w/ black clouds. And bodies on both teams would constantly be thrown throug buildings.

Kento
Eh put it in some small town or something. The heroes like Supes would be busy not only fighting but trying to keep ppl from dying.

demigawd
Well, if you want to make this team unbeatable to just about everyone on this board, you can always add Doom and/or Thanos....

jinzin
considering how DD has beaten the JLA on his own short of a few members I think they'd get slaughtered against this team.

jinzin
oh btw i can't think of any team of the top of my head that could take these guys,,,,,,even if all of the avenegers (like in dissassembled) and all of the x-men, factor, force, and all the defenders, and midnight sons got together, they'd still have a hell of a time taking it to this team.

King Burger
azndrgn, you put together a mighty powerful group of villains here.

The thing is, all four are super-strong, and though two are pure
brawlers (Juggernaut and Doomsday), the other two ahve other
powers as well.

I don't think that any major earthly team can beat them (unless
one counts Excaliber with a pissed-off Phoenix with them).

But I think that the Defenders can beat them, assuming they
have Silver Surfer (most important), Dr.Strange (second most
important), and the Hulk (third most important). These three
alone can beat these four baddies.

Actually, I happen to be one of those who thinks that Silver
Surfer alone can beat all but Darkseid.

azndrgn
Hmm, really? Just Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange and Hulk could beat these 4? I'm somewhat skeptical cuz Doomsday and Juggernaut would probably team on Hulk and have a legitimate chance of stopping him. I'd imagine Dr. Strange would try to use some magic to affect all of the 4 villains, but Apocs might have some power in that celestial armor that counters it. And, yeah, Surfer would probably go after Darkseid which would probably go to Surfer.

azndrgn
Anyone who comments on this thread. Please give any GOOD suggestions about heroes you think could help take down these 4 that have not already been mentioned. I'm surprised how many responses my thread has gotten and from all this feedback I'm going to post a poll thread allowing people to choose from a pool of Marvel/DC characters. The top 7 or 8 will be the custom team that supposedly can take these 4 down.

KharmaDog
The Defenders (members being)

Doctor Strange
Namor
Hulk
Silver Surfer
Brunnhilde the Valkyrie
Beast

This team gives you brute strength, tenacity, magic, cosmic power, fighting ability and intelligence to figure out a strategy. Plus they have all fought as a team before and know eachothers' strengths and weaknesses.

I figure Dr Stange and Beast would put out Apoc, Surfer would take out Darkseid, and Namor, Hulk and the Valkyrie would keep Juggy and Doomsday busy till Strange and the Surfer could tip the balance in their favour.

azndrgn
Haha, maybe if Superman just got hold of the Infinity Gauntlent and said to the 4, "Do you feel lucky..punks?"

Alpha Centauri
Storm could do it.

Electricute them innit.

Bzzzz.

-AC

Sentry
Ok, how bout this team:

Avengers:
Thor
Iron Man
Dr. Strange
Quasar
Sentry

X-men:
Cyclops
Rachel Summers
Colossus
New son(Gambit)
Beast

JLA:
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Dr. Fayt
Green Lantern(Hal)
Wonder Woman

JSA:
Sentinel
Powergirl
Captain Marvel(Shazam)
Obsidian
Atom Smasher(Nuklon)

Defenders:
Namor
Silver Surfer
Incredible Hulk
Valkyrie

Avengers and the JLA take on Darkside & Doomsday

X-men and the JSA take on Juggernaut and Apocalpyse.

Defenders are the floaters and go where their needed in the battle.

I think the combined might of these five teams will be sufficient enough to take down the 4 villains.

jinzin
that's a good fight right there.

azndrgn
Haha. Good suggestion Sentry. Amazing how the combined forces of 24 superheroes on 5 teams would be needed to sufficiently take down these 4. But then you could have souped up versions of other heroes Like Superman & Thor, then you probably wouldn't need as much. I'm tempted to throw Thanos onto the villain team but he would only want to fight w/ the Infinity Gauntlet and that means death for any hero team, regardless of size or strength.

kgkg
Sentry that's too much people not really needed.

avenger , JLu , defenders are the stongest i whould say defenders alone can take them

why because of silver surfer.

azndrgn
Would Thanos w/ the Gauntlet makes this villain team invincible?

azndrgn
Ok, so in addition to Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Darkseid and Doomsday, I'm adding Android to the villain team. He should definitely add to the versatility of this team by being able to use anyone's powers.

Kento
Lets see....Thanos, Darkseid, Doomsday, Apocalypse, Juggernaut, General Zod, and Magneto.

How's that for a better team-up of villains?

King Burger
Is "Android" a comic book character, or one only from the
cartoon?

Still, I say the Defenders with SS on.

azndrgn
If I recall correctly, Android is from the comics. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm more familiar w/ the Marvel universe

demigawd
Team NIGHTMARE. I don't know if any combination of characters classified as a superhero could take them. Maybe if we went back to Rune Thor, Keeper Surfer, etc. it could be done.

Kento
*laughs* Then my work here is done.

Khellendros
Defenders with Ghost Rider guest starring could take them down. Hell, GR's penance stare alone would hurt the hell out of all of the bad guys with the possible exception of Doomsday.

DarkDethbringer
maybe im being brash in this but GHOSTRIDER COULD DO IT EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh and Hulk they could do it!

Calax
android is technically not a character. It's Amazo... just out of question are we talking kill or just knock out? (doomsday can't really die.)

Calax
Also I would have to say Lianna Ganthet or Ion could win it all.

Tron
Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about! I don't wanna hear any of that other jibba jabba, fools!

jinzin
hahahha the A team great stuff.

Yeah I forgot about GR's penance stare, I was just thinking in terms of physical abilities.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.