Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss.

Napalm
Buffy really dosn't stand a chance all her weapons are based on weakness like crucifixs and holy water they wont have any effict on bane

Draco69
True. But let's not forget that Buffy has super-strength, enhanced reflexes, and very good fighting skills.

stormfront13
I say bane, well actually I don't know who will win, maybe buffy

jinzin
ummm i don't know about that, technically she's probably got at least half of his strength, she frequntly uses crossbows, axes, and swords....but ultimately she won't beat bane, he's too strong, too fast, too well trained, too cunning, too intelligent, too- well the list goes on and on. for her to beat.

Napalm
Ohh yeah I forgot about those powers

spetznaz
If it is the comic book Bane (and not the silly movie version) Buffy would lose. Bane is not only strong, but he is also very smart and cunning. By the time Buffy faced Bane she would already have been driven to near exhaustion (in much the same way that Bane literally drove Batman to the ground before he broke his back).

Bane is beyond Buffy.

Scoobless
ok in a straight up, no prep time fight i would have to go with buffy, she's fought guys way more dangerous than bane and often uses her strength and preternatural skills to lethal effect

can anyone give me an accurate description of bane's strength level?

Napalm
he can lift about 800 lbs.

Draco69
Buffy can lift about 1 ton under optimal conditions. She's pretty strong.

Scoobless
i would've placed buffy closer to the 1.5 to 2 ton range

Draco69
It's kinda of hard to tell. The show didn't have a very big budget. But she's definitely in the one ton range.

jinzin
banes more than 800 pounds with his venom, he's at least in the 5 ton catagory, "the batman" version's probably closer to 10. but it's never been stated what his max out level is. sorry.

chilled monkey
Bane wins this one.

He is probably stronger than Buffy, at least strong enough to hold his own. Plus Buffy will assume he's just a big dumb guy. His superior intelligence and cunning will then surprise her.

This is how it'll end:

Bane: I am Bane. I am the king of Sunnydale.

'breaks Buffy's back.'

jplatinum
I've seen bane punch a giant steel(maybe 1000 lb) punching bag off the chain and 20 or 30 feet across the room with one punch.

Bane is a good fighter and strategist who has gone one on one with batman even before juicing up.
Imagine, this.

Buffy startes doing all her little moves.
She connects a few(full power) kicks and punches that make bane stagger back, then she comes walking in like usual and tries to do some little spinning back kick or cresent kick(her standard m.o.).
Bane backhands her one time and she is sent flying 50 or 60 feet through a wall and thuds againgst a tree outside.
This has briken every bone in her body and caused massive hemmiraging.
She is dead.

Draco69
I doubt the above happening. Buffy has proven to have tremendous damage soak.

Jargon343
I wouldn't give Buffy much credit against Batman even, and Bane is one of the few who can say they've beaten Batman. A fairer fight would be Buffy vs. Croc.

jplatinum
Bane broke batman.

Yes, it was a tired batman who had been in a previous huge fight.
It was still batman who was able to give a fight.

Buffy couldn't beat batman if he were only able to use one arm.

So she can't beat a juiced up bane.
Plus, bane is an expert fighter h2h.
Bane is starter than her too when it comes to strategizing and cunning in h2h fight.

She is good, but bane is better.

Whether movie version or show version buffy, bane still kills her.

All he needs to do is hit her one solid time and she will be dazed.
Then he kills her.

If angel's little weakass punches or spikes' could stagger her, banes at least 3 or 4 times stronger.

That means 2 good full force punches(might be 1) will ****in' kill her, man.

Bane crumbled up the batmobile with his bare hands.

It was the reiforced steel bulletproof batmobile.
The one that used to drive through sheer brick walls with not even a dent on the series.

He crumbled it up like a piece of paper.

Bane crumbles buffy up the same way.

xmarksthespot
From Wikipedia:
"Buffy has various abilities which are well beyond Human norms. Prominent amongst these is her great physical strength. Depictions of her strength have been rather inconsistent throughout the history of the show. At the high end, Buffy has been shown able to lift a metal portcullis which many teenagers were unable to budge, bent a steel rifle barrel with little effort and bent prison bars to assist in a jail break. On one occasion she was able to pick up two Harbingers - servants of an evil force who are equal in size to Human males - and throw them across a room in opposite directions. Faith, a Slayer with abilities similar to Buffy's, was able to punch through concrete with her bare hand, pick up the Vampire Angel with one hand and easily throw him across a room as well as lift him over her head into the ceiling, and pick up a 200 lb. barbell with one hand and use it as a weapon. As a result of such incidents high end estimates of Buffy's strength imply that she could lift up to ten tons, making her some one hundred times stronger than would be expected for her size.

However, on other occasions Buffy has struggled to carry a single Human. Additionally, many episodes have depicted ordinary Humans as being able to at least hold their own with Vampires, implying that Vampires have no more than two or three times the strength of a Human at most. Whilst Buffy is generally stronger than the average Vampire, she does not show the level of physical dominance that would be consistent with high end estimates of her strength.

Buffy's apparent physical weakness in selected situations underscores her more human qualities, symbolizing her struggle with the aspects of her life that she shares with normal young women. For example in the episode in which Buffy starts college, she is beaten up by a female vampire. This reinforces to the audience her feelings of being a lonely young girl on a big, unfriendly college campus, after having been the hero in high school.

Since Buffy's physical strength derives from supernatural sources, it is at least conceivable that her precise level of strength is dependant on her state of mind and that she is quite literally weaker when emotionally disturbed or otherwise unfocused.

Her strength allows Buffy to perform superhuman feats of agility beyond any Olympic medalist. She can jump the height of maybe 30 feet and the length of a street and perform extreme acrobatics of all kinds unreplicable by any Olympic athlete.

Beyond her strength, Buffy also has superhuman reflexes and speed. She has shown herself capable of dodging - and even catching - arrows and knives in mid-flight. She has also outmaneuvered bulletfire from a machine gun fire from a Cyberdemonoid. We've also seen how fast she can run and evade an enemy when she outdodged a superhuman agent of The First Evil.

Her body is substantially more durable and resistant to impact or trauma than an ordinary human. She is difficult, though not impossible, to bruise and has never been seen to suffer a broken bone. Her skin can be punctured by ordinary weapons such as knives or bullets. Buffy recovers from even very severe injuries in remarkably short periods of time.

Buffy's senses appear to be heightened. Details are rare, but the degree of enhancement seems to be rather limited - indeed it is possible that she merely happens to have good but normal eyesight, hearing, etc. She has been seen to locate attackers whilst in the dark or blindfolded, though it is not clear if this is a result of hightened hearing or some form of extrasensory perception.

Buffy has natural general fighting skills. Her watcher trains her to hone these talents, and to teach her specific fighting skills, such as various martial arts. The training helps her to battle the occasional demon whose physical strength outclass her own. In general, her super-strength suffices.

Her last power is a limited prescient ability. This manifests itself in occasional prophetic dreams, often presaging some dire event."

Probably an overestimation of her abilities but I don't think Bane outclasses her strengthwise as much as some assume.

Orestes
He doesn't. In fact, Buffy performing at her higher levels could beat the holy hell out of Bane. Out of Batman, too, but I know I've just sinned by suggesting that the great Batgod could be beaten ... and by ... *GASP*! A girl!

It's one of those ones where the one who wins the popularity contest probably wouldn't actually win the fight. wink

Whirlysplatt
All you points are great, but Sarah Michelle Gellar especially in the early Buffy series 1 and 2 gave me the horn bigtime - So Bane v Buffy, give me buffy (please) everytime. smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
All you points are great, but Sarah Michelle Gellar especially in the early Buffy series 1 and 2 gave me the horn bigtime - So Bane v Buffy, give me buffy (please) everytime. smile

smile does she give you guys the horn as well? smile

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Scoobless
ok in a straight up, no prep time fight i would have to go with buffy, she's fought guys way more dangerous than bane and often uses her strength and preternatural skills to lethal effect

can anyone give me an accurate description of bane's strength level?

Strong enough to dent titanium with his punches.

When fighting Batman in a face to face fight, he still 'won' (To the beast of my memory, it's been a while, but I remember him kicking the shit out of him and some plot device saving his ass)

Tough enough to hurt Azrael (Who laughed off two of Batman's best shots) and tough enough to take shots from Azrael (Somewhere in the 1 ton range of strength, possibly 2, but that's being generous)

He's very dangerous.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Strong enough to dent titanium with his punches.

When fighting Batman in a face to face fight, he still 'won' (To the beast of my memory, it's been a while, but I remember him kicking the shit out of him and some plot device saving his ass)

Tough enough to hurt Azrael (Who laughed off two of Batman's best shots) and tough enough to take shots from Azrael (Somewhere in the 1 ton range of strength, possibly 2, but that's being generous)

He's very dangerous.

But does he give you the horn confused

King KAM
Bane beat up on a batman who hadnt slept ion over 48 horus, and has just fought
EVERY criminal who escaped from prison, on his way home, Bane fought him after he was more exhausted then he had ever been in his life.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by King KAM
EVERY criminal who escaped from prison, on his way home, Bane fought him after he was more exhausted then he had ever been in his life.

But does he give you the horn

King KAM
But does he give you the horn
no bane doesnt do it for me,but buffy on the other hand....i wouldnt mind having a few nights with that broad.

Whirlysplatt
no bane doesnt do it for me,but buffy on the other hand....i wouldnt mind having a few nights with that broad.

me neither 8bit Chris's money shot sounds good on Geller

jgiant
Bane would put a hurtin on Buffy, but in the good way...

Nataku8188

They've fought more than once.

Orestes
Originally posted by jgiant
Bane would put a hurtin on Buffy, but in the good way...

Never, ever invoke that image in my head again. mad sick

chilled monkey
smile does she give you guys the horn as well? smile

No.

xmarksthespot: Thank you. That's very helpful.

"Buffy has various abilities which are well beyond Human norms. Prominent amongst these is her great physical strength. Depictions of her strength have been rather inconsistent throughout the history of the show. At the high end, Buffy has been shown able to lift a metal portcullis which many teenagers were unable to budge, bent a steel rifle barrel with little effort and bent prison bars to assist in a jail break. On one occasion she was able to pick up two Harbingers - servants of an evil force who are equal in size to Human males - and throw them across a room in opposite directions. Faith, a Slayer with abilities similar to Buffy's, was able to punch through concrete with her bare hand, pick up the Vampire Angel with one hand and easily throw him across a room as well as lift him over her head into the ceiling, and pick up a 200 lb. barbell with one hand and use it as a weapon. As a result of such incidents high end estimates of Buffy's strength imply that she could lift up to ten tons, making her some one hundred times stronger than would be expected for her size.

However, on other occasions Buffy has struggled to carry a single Human. Additionally, many episodes have depicted ordinary Humans as being able to at least hold their own with Vampires, implying that Vampires have no more than two or three times the strength of a Human at most. Whilst Buffy is generally stronger than the average Vampire, she does not show the level of physical dominance that would be consistent with high end estimates of her strength."

See, this is one of the reasons I dislike this show. Any series should stay true to its internal logic; how else can you suspend disbelief? How can you expect to understand and enjoy the show when this logic is constantly broken by cheating writers who are too lazy to follow their own rules?

"Buffy's apparent physical weakness in selected situations underscores her more human qualities, symbolizing her struggle with the aspects of her life that she shares with normal young women. For example in the episode in which Buffy starts college, she is beaten up by a female vampire. This reinforces to the audience her feelings of being a lonely young girl on a big, unfriendly college campus, after having been the hero in high school."

That is just ridiculous. There are plenty of better ways to show a character as human and vulnerable.

"This reinforces to the audience her feelings of being a lonely young girl on a big, unfriendly college campus, after having been the hero in high school."

Because they think we're so stupid we couldn't figure it out otherwise.

King KAM
Originally posted by Nataku8188
They've fought more than once.
but hes only broken the bat once.

xmarksthespot
Was it actually helpful or is that sarcasm? confused
Oh well I'll take the complement either way.

I don't know where her strength level would be, just don't think that Bane outclasses her strengthwise by that much... if at all. Of course there are a lot of other factors to consider besides strength.

Btw most writers tend to think audiences are stupid - Wolverine must be on the cover of every book otherwise audiences might forget that he's in the title and won't buy it.

jplatinum
He broke a weak tired batman, but he did break him.
Hey gotta give him credit for something.

Bane dad:"Son at least you're not a complete screwup......Now go get me a beer dumbass."

No wait. Thats Red Foreman.

"Hello wissconsin!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.