storm VS ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
i would like to see this fight- well anyway who wins??

Alpha Centauri
Storm.

Flies around, blows him about a bit, zaps him with a bit of electricity.

Over.

-AC

Ketchuptome
I say Ironman.That protobeam and that missle cannon of his will DISSENGRATE Storm. alien

Alpha Centauri
Nah, she'll just fly around and use lightning.

-AC

stormfront13
yeah can't her lightning override his suit?

Alpha Centauri
I'm joking.

Iron-Man would blast her to Hell.

-AC

Ketchuptome
I totally agree Centauri.

cray z 4 sarah
i think it kinda depends on who gets the first hit

demigawd
I give this one to Iron Man.

"WHAT?!? But...but...you said she could beat DOOM. How's she gonna lose to Iron Man?"

Simple. Iron Man is more powerful than Doom. Better weapons, wider array of weapons, more mobile, and a better fighter at the helm.

There. I said it. And I feel good having said it.

Alpha Centauri
Where did the second quote come from Demi?

Who said that...or was it you and your crazy comedic-but-not-really effect?

You're basing this fight upon who's better than Doom?

Fact is they're both better than Storm. People say Doom gets overrated yet Storm gets threads like this.

-AC

Kento
Eh Stark gets this.

DarkDethbringer
Iron-Man strait up!

demigawd
No, but I figured that if I voted for Storm in the vs. Doom thread and against Storm in the vs. Ironman thread that it would bring up inevitable questions from people questionings my consistency. So I pre-emptively headed any of that off by explaining why my position is what it is.

Doom IS overrated.

This isn't a one-sided battle, either. Storm could get some shots in. I just see her coming up short. The fight itself is fine.

Alpha Centauri
"No, but I figured that if I voted for Storm in the vs. Doom thread and against Storm in the vs. Ironman thread that it would bring up inevitable questions from people questionings my consistency. So I pre-emptively headed any of that off by explaining why my position is what it is."

Rather paranoid, no?

Doom isn't overrated.

He's rated higher than you rate him, nothing more or less.

-AC

kgkg
well considering what he was done his not really overrated .

but when people start saying he can beat galactus cuz he absored beyonders blabla powers he can beat him.

That's when it pisses me off.

Alpha Centauri
I'd say you're entitled to be rated highly when you out smart two omnipotent beings, considering he's a mere human.

That's just me though, I like to use common sense.

-AC

demigawd
I think it's very respectable to outsmart cosmic beings. I admire that. But people who say that gives him the ability to best Superman in combat aren't being rational. Doom isn't powerful. He's smart. He's deadly. And with prep, he could do anything. But don't run around enhancing his combat prowess or the power of his armor just because of that. Doom could have stolen G's power without using any armor at all.

Not really. People have carried debates with me over to other threads before in some effort to "get" me on some contradictory point they think I made. IIRC, you were one of them, lol.

Alpha Centauri
"Doom isn't powerful. He's smart. He's deadly. And with prep, he could do anything. But don't run around enhancing his combat prowess or the power of his armor just because of that. Doom could have stolen G's power without using any armor at all."

He is powerful because he's smart, deadly and can do anything. That's exactly why he is powerful. Unbeknownst to you (apparantly) he's a master martial artist. Did you know that? I don't run around enhancing his armour, I give it it's due.

"Not really. People have carried debates with me over to other threads before in some effort to "get" me on some contradictory point they think I made. IIRC, you were one of them, lol."

I've never carried debates into other threads. Similar debates may have raged in connection to a character but I've never carried a debate.

-AC

Wonderman
I think Ironman is the best answer the Avengers have to the mutant problem. I guess he might defeat Storm. Then again, i don't know how well Ironman could stand up to her winds.

ZephroCarnelian
Iron Man, easy peasy lemon squeezey.

His armour is massively durable - easily able to keep him safe from lightning bolts etc.

And he's got enough firepower to level an office block, so IMO Storm's going down.

Scoobless
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Iron Man, easy peasy lemon squeezey.

His armour is massively durable - easily able to keep him safe from lightning bolts etc.

And he's got enough firepower to level an office block, so IMO Storm's going down.

he's got enough firepower to level a city full of office blocks

Alpha Centauri
He certainly does have a good suit.

-AC

ZephroCarnelian
Yup. Looks very dapper.

Alpha Centauri
I always like the idea of Iron-Man's character, just never really got into it. Bored me.

-AC

ZephroCarnelian
Very true! Who wants to watch a rich guy ave all the fun? I get enough of that in real life lol!

Swanky-Tuna
He's certainly more realistic as a "he's a normal guy but he's still a hero" hero than Batman.

But for an on topic comment, Ironman shoots Storm in the face.

Alpha Centauri
Nah man, Storm would dodge.

Then blow him around.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
Oh crap, and Ironman didn't come prepared for windsurfing at all

Scoobless
does Iron Man get to use an umbrella?

theflyxx
Iron Man wins this............with or without his modified galoshes.

What If...
I'm new to this...

but in the Gamma Book Series Storm took him out by channeling her lightning into a certain ETP which completely drained his suit for 1 minute and 30-something-seconds.

On the other hand, he captured her in his iron-contraption-doohicky- and threw her across the skys.

NoFate007
I say it depends on who's better skilled at flying. I would assume Iron Man is, since Storm has to (as far as I know) use her powers of influencing the weather for her flight, and he can just go at it with his suit. Now, as far as weaponry goes, Storm's got the lead with that one, cause she can form huge tornados that Stark has no way of avoiding...

All in all I'd give this to Storm, but Iron Man has a good shot if he is good at evasive maneuvers and whatnot.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by NoFate007
I say it depends on who's better skilled at flying. I would assume Iron Man is, since Storm has to (as far as I know) use her powers of influencing the weather for her flight, and he can just go at it with his suit. Now, as far as weaponry goes, Storm's got the lead with that one, cause she can form huge tornados that Stark has no way of avoiding...

All in all I'd give this to Storm, but Iron Man has a good shot if he is good at evasive maneuvers and whatnot.

Torandos are really effective against a guy with a top of the line targeting system, a suit that can take a few shots from Thor/Hulk, and more weapons than you can shake a stick at.

stormfront13
um..in the contest of champions someone used their powers to have his suit malfunction, could storm do the same with an emp, or a very powerful lightning bolt?

CorderaMitchell
Perhaps, but Iron Man's offense is faster, and deadlier.

Storm doesn't have many options in this match.

stormfront13
well also like someone else pointed out she has taken him with an emp

CorderaMitchell
She can defeat him, but maybe 2/10. 3 at best.

she is basically a 1 trick pony in this fight.

stormfront13
yeah kinda

Scoobless
Originally posted by stormfront13
um..in the contest of champions someone used their powers to have his suit malfunction, could storm do the same with an emp, or a very powerful lightning bolt?

that was that Bedlam guy... he's a mutant and his power is only good for controlling machines....

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/bedlam.htm

"Known superhuman powers: Jesse Aaronson can generate a bioelectric field that disrupts the normal function of mechanical and electrical systems."

Zahit
Storm's toast.
10/10.
In no way can she beat Iron Man.
Ever.
He can prep his suit to take lightning and convert
it to a power boost. He's done this against Thor.
Storm's toast.

stormfront13
yeah, I knew it was one of the bedlams, so he can generate a bioelectrif field? well storm can control bioelectric fields, maybe there's a possibility(only a thought). and she can manipulate his bioelectric field to shut-down his heart. and the emp thing has worked before. idk, i think they both have a chance, but iron has the edge because of his arsenal.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Zahit
Storm's toast.
10/10.
In no way can she beat Iron Man.
Ever.
He can prep his suit to take lightning and convert
it to a power boost. He's done this against Thor.
Storm's toast.

NO emp? She's screwed anyway.

stormfront13
by prep his suit, do you mean iron-man had to take time to do it, like prep-time, or his suit is naturally that way because storm has done an emp and it affected him.

Zahit
that's part of his suit's function.
he doesn't have to really take any time to do it.
just re-routes something or transfers something.....
He did it in his old armor whan Moondragon was
influencing Thor's behavior.
He blasted the rest of the Avengers and Drax with lightning,
but they survived because Iron Man absorbed most of the
lighting and then proceeded to beat the crap out of Thor.

Storm's going down.
get over it.

CorderaMitchell
I think he understands that , he's just curious.

Zahit
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I think he understands that , he's just curious.
...don't know about that one......he thinks storm can beat dr. doom......

CorderaMitchell
oh... nevermind.

stormfront13
I don't care that she is really going down, but based on history, his suit has been shut down by storms emp, and bedlams bioelectric field manipulating, which storm Can also do. and storm can also manipulate starks bio-electric field to shut down his heart

Zahit
ok...you're right....storm beats iron man....storm beats everyone.....

stormfront13
she doesn't beat everyone, but look at his history, and the fact that she can shut-down his heart

CorderaMitchell
How's that happeneing again? confused

stormfront13
if you are refering to how she can shut down his heart, she can manipulate his bio-electric field which will shut down his heart

DarkCrawler
if you are refering to how she can shut down his heart, she can manipulate his bio-electric field which will shut down his heart

And she does that in the split second it takes Stark to blast her out from sky?

Iron Man wins 10/10.

stormfront13
she did it in seconds when she wasn't even hurrying

DarkCrawler
she did it in seconds when she wasn't even hurrying

Issue number.

Iron Man can still blast her faster.

And you realize that Iron Man's armor actually protects him so his heart wont shut down...

Nataku8188
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Issue number.

Iron Man can still blast her faster.

And you realize that Iron Man's armor actually protects him so his heart wont shut down...

Yea, that was the originaly purpose of the suit (Well, one of it's purposes)

stormfront13
i don't have the issue at hand, but it was when shinboi shaw tried to get her to join the hellfire club, and she refused. then the hellfire club attacked the x-men. storm jumped on shinobi andwrapped them in his bio-electric field.

stormfront13
and in the past storms emp has shut down his suit, so it will all work out

K3VIL
Originally posted by demigawd
No, but I figured that if I voted for Storm in the vs. Doom thread and against Storm in the vs. Ironman thread that it would bring up inevitable questions from people questionings my consistency. So I pre-emptively headed any of that off by explaining why my position is what it is.

Doom IS overrated.

This isn't a one-sided battle, either. Storm could get some shots in. I just see her coming up short. The fight itself is fine.
Doom is overrated, overrated my shoes.
Doom has been a god, he has fought almost any hero of the Marvel Universe, he's a monarch, a genious, a rich man, a powerful sorcerer.
Storm is a mutant girl with big breasts an weather powers.
Storm compared to Doom is not even an ant.
Doom's armor is so powerful he knocked unconscious ADAM WARLOCK.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by K3VIL
Doom is overrated, overrated my shoes.
Doom has been a god, he has fought almost any hero of the Marvel Universe, he's a monarch, a genious, a rich man, a powerful sorcerer.
Storm is a mutant girl with big breasts an weather powers.
Storm compared to Doom is not even an ant.
Doom's armor is so powerful he knocked unconscious ADAM WARLOCK.

Breats and weather powers, funny. laughing

Zahit
Even with the armor and intellect of Dr. Doom, I must say....
those breasts would probably stop me in my tracks regardless....

CorderaMitchell
You can't ever be too smart where intelligence overrides hormones... rock

What If...
Stormfront13 you are so biased it isn't even funny. Storm used to be a favorite character and now I hate her...thanks to you.

I have NEVER seen you say she will lose...it was either a "she totually piwnsz!!!1!!11" or a "shE stillll has a chance if she maniipulatees her power in summ wayz wev'e never herd of be4!1!1!1"

Batman Wins
Originally posted by What If...
Storm used to be a favorite character untill I found out she was Black

no

What If...
Your beyond cool, your KEWL

GalacticStorm
"""""""""""Stormfront13 you are so biased it isn't even funny. Storm used to be a favorite character and now I hate her...thanks to you. """""""""""

You've been here all of 5 mins so how has SF made you hate Astorm in that time. Methinks you've heard other people say the same thing so its a case of jumping on the bandwagon.

""""""""""""""""""Storm used to be a favorite character untill I found out she was Black """"""""""""""

Did you really say that What if?

CorderaMitchell
Maybe he's been reading these threads a looong time, like many do.

You don't just JOIN a forum for no reason.

He didn't say that, there's no edit.

GalacticStorm
Either way. If you disgree with what SF is saying then counter it with a good argument and evidence. Stop insinuating he's a fanboy and saying he's making you hate a character. Thats really not nice. All he's doing is defending his favouriter character to the best of his ability. Just as anyone would do. If you disagree with what he says then come up with the goods. Theres really no need to make him feel bad.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Either way. If you disgree with what SF is saying then counter it with a good argument and evidence. Stop insinuating he's a fanboy and saying he's making you hate a character. Thats really not nice. All he's doing is defending his favouriter character to the best of his ability. Just as anyone would do. If you disagree with what he says then come up with the goods. Theres really no need to make him feel bad.

I agree, the same token should be used for people who can't counter my arguments, and resort to attacking me, or saying I hate a character.

I agree on BOTH sides of the coin.

GalacticStorm
I agree, the same token should be used for people who can't counter my arguments, and resort to attacking me, or saying I hate a character.

I agree on BOTH sides of the coin.

Yeah whatever CM you just hate Storm lol big grin

CorderaMitchell
Yeah whatever CM you just hate Storm lol big grin

And this is why I'm retiring at 10000 posts, considering I had stormfront agreeing with me, until people started teasing, I have no need for such tactics.

Batman Wins
And this is why I'm retiring at 10000 posts, considering I had stormfront agreeing with me, until people started teasing, I have no need for such tactics.

Your retiring after 10000

eek!

Another person running away because they cant handle people.

Hit List
C 17
Cordera next

CorderaMitchell
Oh don't worry, its not that you guys ever came close to phasing me, its these shit threads, and fanboys that people come on and don't debate worth shit on. wink

Batman Wins
Oh don't worry, its not that you guys ever came close to phasing me, its these shit threads, and fanboys that people come on and don't debate worth shit on. wink

Lol dont leave though. You atleast staying on KMC ?

CorderaMitchell
That remains to be seen.... shifty

Batman Wins
That remains to be seen.... shifty

Sad day in Kmc when CM just vanishes off the face of the earth. Become a mod or something

CorderaMitchell
I can't just "become" a mod.

I think I've chewed out too many here for that.

A mod has to be a good debator too.

What If...
I don't care if it isn't nice....it's true.

Yes I've only been a member a couple days but I've been reading for months.

And seeing all his posts it is worthless trying to argue with him...he just can't and won't accept facts.

Bandwagon? I've never seen anyone else tell him that. Kthxcomeagain.

CorderaMitchell
You should see the wolverine fanboys, I thought you may have been reading those posts before you joined.

GalacticStorm
I don't care if it isn't nice....it's true.

Yes I've only been a member a couple days but I've been reading for months.

And seeing all his posts it is worthless trying to argue with him...he just can't and won't accept facts.

Bandwagon? I've never seen anyone else tell him that. Kthxcomeagain.

You've been here all of 5 mins son you are in no postition to be making people feel bad. None of us are. Come again? This is no competition boy. If it were i would tear your ass up.

Washco
How would 'Dark Storm' fare? She was uber powerful when she turned 'dark'.

Zahit
probably no better than dark jubilee.

Batman Wins
Iron man rapes her and sends her back to harlem.

stormfront13
*****Stormfront13 you are so biased it isn't even funny. Storm used to be a favorite character and now I hate her...thanks to you.

I have NEVER seen you say she will lose...it was either a "she totually piwnsz!!!1!!11" or a "shE stillll has a chance if she maniipulatees her power in summ wayz wev'e never herd of be4!1!1!1"*****

^^wow, your real pathetic......storm loses to many people, but she can beat many people. and anyways you must be lying saying that she was one of your favorites, because I have never said something that she can't do or hasn't done and if she was one of your favorites then you would know that wouldn't you? many of the people she has been put against on these forums she can beat, but she loses a few also. like for example she has been put against Dr. strange, she loses there, she has been put against wonder woman, she loses there, she has even been put against superman, she also loses there. the thing about storm, is that many people can't stand up to the fury of the weather, and many people underrate her. i overrate her at times, but at least I stay in the lines of what she can do, and what she has done in the past she stands more than a chance against iron-man. and seriously, you really need to learn to type or at least click the spell check button

Batman Wins
Strom is a shitty character now. The reason she WAS popular because she was Black, and that was rare, now there more black characters, and she just looks stupid compared to them

sbo
Originally posted by Batman Wins
Strom is a shitty character now. The reason she WAS popular because she was Black, and that was rare, now there more black characters, and she just looks stupid compared to them

I disagree completely, Storm's popularity is because she's a great character, not because of her ethnicity. And black characters are still not that common.

stormfront13
that's not the only reason she was popular, she was a strong willed black woman which was rare, and the fact that there is only like 2 or 3 that can control the weather.

Batman Wins
Can she make shit get hot or her powers only make things cold.

stormfront13
she can use heat and cold why?

Batman Wins
she can use heat and cold why?

Never seen her use heat.

stormfront13
doesn't mean she can't, she is able to make the temperature rise easily

nimbus006
Originally posted by Batman Wins
Strom is a shitty character now. The reason she WAS popular because she was Black, and that was rare, now there more black characters, and she just looks stupid compared to them [/QUOTE

Ok your starting to take it a little to far with all the racial comments

stormfront13
yeah, no need for racial comments, and to say that you obviously know nothing about storm and you didn't know she is one of the most powerful black characters

What If...
Lol Stormfront I think you missed the sarcasim in me "mispelling".

"If it were i would tear your ass up."

Oh geeperz your tuffz with a z.

stormfront13
I can't wait till galactic comes here and sees that. and I guess I did because you spelled misspelling wrong

GalacticStorm
Lol Stormfront I think you missed the sarcasim in me "mispelling".

"If it were i would tear your ass up."

Oh geeperz your tuffz with a z.

Watch your mouth sonny

GalacticStorm
Who are you to be playing the big man on the forums? I havent seen anything credible come out of your mouth in all of the 5 mins that you've been here so know your place noob

What If...
"and I guess I did because you spelled misspelling wrong"
L@L1!!1!1!1 you misssed it again,

Galatic do you live here you responded like 2 secs after I did.
Watch my mouth?
It's a comic book forum, don't act like your the shitzzz L@L!1!!!!1!1

stormfront13
oh please...... what if, your probably some stupid 12 year old who thinks that he can come in here and make all the veterans or senior members look stupid.

*****It's a comic book forum, don't act like your the shitzzz L@L!1!!!!1!*****

^^i could say the same about you

Batman Wins
How Big is storms breast by the way. i was just wondering out of no where because some time they are big and some time they are small.

stormfront13
varies by the artist I guess

whirlysplat
Iron man winsbig grin

Batman Wins
Anyone have any Storm pics where she dont look like a 90 year old.

GalacticStorm
"and I guess I did because you spelled misspelling wrong"
L@L1!!1!1!1 you misssed it again,

Galatic do you live here you responded like 2 secs after I did.
Watch my mouth?
It's a comic book forum, don't act like your the shitzzz L@L!1!!!!1!1

And you try to have a go at SF about his spelling?

Since when people started referring to me as "Galatic" I really dont know.

I aint trying to act like anything boy. I am what i am. Ive got friends on here and if i see any of them or anyone for that matter getting started on then im sure as hell gonna back them up. Stop trying to make a name for yourself by hopping on a bandwagon. You want some credibility? Get it through debating.

What If...
Who says I want credibility?

I'm just saying he is biased which is true.
Sorry I didn't memorize your name bud...I'll get to making the flashcards for it right now.

GalacticStorm
Who says I want credibility?

I'm just saying he is biased which is true.
Sorry I didn't memorize your name bud...I'll get to making the flashcards for it right now.

Theres a good boy. Now you've managed to gather the attention you were after, do you feel like actually debating now? Come on What If. What u got for me?

What If...
Umm what exactly are you wanting to debate again?

K3VIL
stormfront13 your fanboy side is getting the control making your argumentations less effectives and more useless.
Storm can control weather patterns and perform impressive feats, ok, but her durability is that of a human, as for Magneto, she has to deal with high energies that her body can't deal with for a exstensive span of time.She can tire out, while Iron Man can just use his sonic device to K.O. her, throw at her some missiles, enter in stealth mode, reappear in front of her and blast her into oblivion or punch her outta the battlefield.

stormfront13
if I am so biased, then you must have a really good reason as to why iron-man wins

stormfront13
or storm can just perform an emp(worked in the past) and shut down his heart

What If...
The emp did not shut down his heart.

After she did use the emp, she struck him with lightning like an idiot and his suit regained energy because he set his suit to absorb such high

After that she realized it wasn't working, then creating a blizzard and almost froze his jet boots.

Once they have worked together, anytime his suit was drained she would rechange him.

BTW anyone who says Ironman would catch her in the skys, I remember him saying something such as "how am I supposed to catch someone who controls the very air i fly on" - something like that.

stormfront13
while Iron Man can just use his sonic device to K.O. her, throw at her some missiles, enter in stealth mode, reappear in front of her and blast her into oblivion or punch her outta the battlefield.

^^if his sonic device is truly sound, storm is able to do something to the air and pressure so that sound doesn't get in-she can easily take care of missels, check out extreme x-men. stealth mode won't work either because she can see heat signatures and energy patterns, sence his bio-electric field, or sence his disturbance through the wind. her emp's have worked against him in the past and can do so again.

stormfront13
*****The emp did not shut down his heart*****

^^i know that, she can manipulate his bio-electric field to shut down his heart. and yes, i doubt he could catch him seeing as she can take the air and wind away from him, she did it to angel. and what-if, are you going for storm or iron-man because most of your points were good for storm

What If...
Both.
5/10 to either I believe.

His repulsors couldn't reach her and her lightning only helped him...both would have to find different ways.

If it were to the death I believe Iron Man could pull it off with his plasma bolts which have once destroyed a small Kree ship.

whirlysplat
Uni beambig grin

What If...
Iron has to much shit, it is annoying...anytime he needs something he has it.

whirlysplat
He's coolsmile

stormfront13
i believe all storm has to do is an emp, then shut-down his heart........but what if- what makes me so bias that you made one of your first potst about me, because i have said storm loses a lot of fights tons of times on the forum. if she will lose then i will say it, but if she has a chance or wins then i will say it

CorderaMitchell
I miss all the good stuff.

stormfront13
what do you mean?

Swanky-Tuna
Is shutting down her opponent's heart something Storm normally does?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Is shutting down her opponent's heart something Storm normally does?

All the time.

CorderaMitchell
what do you mean?

conflict and such, the jerry springer stuff, nothing much...

stormfront13
she has done it in the past

CorderaMitchell
she has done it in the past

Jerry Springer?? confused

xmarksthespot
Ok so it keeps coming up that Storm can shut down a person's heart by manipulating their bio-electric field and that she has done this before to Shinobi Shaw. Also that she can do this from a distance?

Is this the encounter they had in an annual? I don't remember Storm killing Shinobi Shaw. I remember her generating electricity as she knelt above him and giving him an ultimatum that if he phased into her heart that she would kill him by electrocution. That would simply imply that she can electricute someone close to her in proximity (which is nothing new) not that she can consciously shut down someone's heart by electrical disruption from a distance.

If there's another incident where she "shuts down someone's heart using her powers from a distance" then consider this post retracted.

K3VIL
while Iron Man can just use his sonic device to K.O. her, throw at her some missiles, enter in stealth mode, reappear in front of her and blast her into oblivion or punch her outta the battlefield.

^^if his sonic device is truly sound, storm is able to do something to the air and pressure so that sound doesn't get in-she can easily take care of missels, check out extreme x-men. stealth mode won't work either because she can see heat signatures and energy patterns, sence his bio-electric field, or sence his disturbance through the wind. her emp's have worked against him in the past and can do so again.
Since when Storm can detect beings without seeing them?Give me proofs of this.
The emp did not shut down his heart.

After she did use the emp, she struck him with lightning like an idiot and his suit regained energy because he set his suit to absorb such high

After that she realized it wasn't working, then creating a blizzard and almost froze his jet boots.

Once they have worked together, anytime his suit was drained she would rechange him.

BTW anyone who says Ironman would catch her in the skys, I remember him saying something such as "how am I supposed to catch someone who controls the very air i fly on" - something like that.
The EMP will not work, IM armor is shielded from EMP.
IM boots works in the space and in the polar freeze.

stormfront13
*****Since when Storm can detect beings without seeing them?Give me proofs of this.*****

^^she is able to sence bio-electric fields, I am pretty sure she was searching for cannonball this way in x-treme. she is able to sence beings in the wind, she searched for vindicator this way waaay bak in like x-men around # 100 i think. and she is able to shift her sences to see energy patterns and heat signatures, she also did this in x-treme. and X, i read in an issue summary provided by uncanny x-men that she had shut someones heart down.

*****The EMP will not work, IM armor is shielded from EMP.
IM boots works in the space and in the polar freeze.*****

^^then why did they both work before when storm did it? I'm going by history and from history between these 2 she will win.

whirlysplat
Iron man can manipulate force fiels tech he stole from FORCE big grin

stormfront13
he can manipukate what?

whirlysplat
he can manipukate what?

force fieldssmile

He is far to much for storm, despite the Claremont factor.

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

CorderaMitchell
What are you arguing storms chances to be??

stormfront13
so he can manipulate force-fields, so.....storm can easily work inside of force-fields, and this still won't stop her from doing an emp which she did last time and it worked last time

Swanky-Tuna
How long ago did the emp thing take place and was it in his own title?

whirlysplat
so he can manipulate force-fields, so.....storm can easily work inside of force-fields, and this still won't stop her from doing an emp which she did last time and it worked last time

Iron man has an EMP to big grin as well as about a million other gimmicks. He is a heavy hitter and a halfbig grin

He has to many options, his power is only limited by the source he is tapping.

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

Wanderer259
How does Storm create EMPs?

Swanky-Tuna
She can make it rain EMPs. It makes perfect sense.

GalacticStorm
Storm mainpulates energy patterns. Thats her power. While on earth she manipulates meteorological energy patterns to create weather. She's manifested different powers in different environments.

She generates E.M.P's presumably by manipulating energy patterns.

whirlysplat
Storm mainpulates energy patterns. Thats her power. While on earth she manipulates meteorological energy patterns to create weather. She's manifested different powers in different environments.

She generates E.M.P's presumably by manipulating energy patterns.

Not through a serum that gives her the power of a billion exploding suns then?

Keep the faithbig grin

You all know the rest

stormfront13
no, galactic hit it right on the head

xmarksthespot
Traditionally Storm subconsciously psionically altered atmosphere variables (temperature, pressure, humidity), which is what I always assumed was meant by meteorological patterns, in order to consciously elicit meteorological phenomena. The explanation of her lightning is that she can excite electrons in atmospheric molecules.

Storm still shouldn't have sufficient control over electromagnetic force to create an electromagnetic pulse instantaneously whereas someone like Magneto would. She still shouldn't have sufficient control over even electrical fields to consciously shut down a person's cardiovascular and nervous systems from afar. Has she constantly and consistently done either of these things? Or are these more singular events.

stormfront13
she has done an emp on multiple occasions, and most recently she has done an emp as soon as wolverine told her to.

wolvie:storm, hit her with an e.m.p

and right at that moment storm does it.

also she has shifted electric fields on multiple occasions when dealing with sentinals, and she has done it to people. idk how she can do these things, but I guess it has to do with her control over lightning and electricity

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Traditionally Storm subconsciously psionically altered atmosphere variables (temperature, pressure, humidity), which is what I always assumed was meant by meteorological patterns, in order to consciously elicit meteorological phenomena. The explanation of her lightning is that she can excite electrons in atmospheric molecules.

Storm still shouldn't have sufficient control over electromagnetic force to create an electromagnetic pulse instantaneously whereas someone like Magneto would. She still shouldn't have sufficient control over even electrical fields to consciously shut down a person's cardiovascular and nervous systems from afar. Has she constantly and consistently done either of these things? Or are these more singular events.

Magneto shouldnt be able to open up wormholes just like that with no effort but he can. Storm manipulates meteorological energy patterns to create weather related effects. However in different environments be it space or other dimensions she works with the patterns at hand which has in the past on a number of occassions manifested in different powers.

It is not subconscious control X. It is very much conscious. Subconsciously she she can accidentally manifest her powers as they are linked to her emotions however the general application of her powers is very much on a conscious level.

No admittedly the manipulation of the bio electric field was a singular event but then so was magneto opening a wormhole and that has been used consisitently in versus match ups so i see no reason why the same thing cant be down for storm.

She has created an E.P and disrupted electronics on many occassions however

xmarksthespot
Well I'd just note an EMP and an electrical pulse that overloads circuits are different things I think.

Personally I don't buy that Magneto can open wormholes with a thought thing. However he can manipulate electromagnetic force, and subsequently theoretically has control over the other three fundamental forces, so it's not completely out there. It has only happened once arguably as a plot device so I don't know why it's constantly brought up as an accurate portrayal of his capabilities. No one seems to note the Wanda factor. sad

What I meant by subconscious vs conscious was the manipulation is subconscious to consciously produce meteorological phenomena, she doesn't pick and choose and manipulate which individual electrons she desires to generate lightning, she doesn't consciously think I want to increase humidity and lower temperature to create rain. She wants to consciously generate lightning and through subconscious manipulation of the atmosphere she does so. That shouldn't give her the control required to shut down a person's nervous or cardiovascular system.

Question as yet unanswered. Was Shinobi Shaw the person whose "heart was shut down by manipulation of his bio-electric field" and was this in an X-Men annual. Because if I recall she never shut down anyone's heart she threatened him with an ultimatum of electrocution. If it's a different incident then my apologies for my ignorance big grin

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Well I'd just note an EMP and an electrical pulse that overloads circuits are different things I think.

Personally I don't buy that Magneto can open wormholes with a thought thing. However he can manipulate electromagnetic force, and subsequently theoretically has control over the other three fundamental forces, so it's not completely out there. It has only happened once arguably as a plot device so I don't know why it's constantly brought up as an accurate portrayal of his capabilities. No one seems to note the Wanda factor. sad

What I meant by subconscious vs conscious was the manipulation is subconscious to consciously produce meteorological phenomena, she doesn't pick and choose and manipulate which individual electrons she desires to generate lightning, she doesn't consciously think I want to increase humidity and lower temperature to create rain. She wants to consciously generate lightning and through subconscious manipulation of the atmosphere she does so. That shouldn't give her the control required to shut down a person's nervous or cardiovascular system.

Question as yet unanswered. Was Shinobi Shaw the person whose "heart was shut down by manipulation of his bio-electric field" and was this in an X-Men annual. Because if I recall she never shut down anyone's heart she threatened him with an ultimatum of electrocution. If it's a different incident then my apologies for my ignorance big grin

Nope you're wrong X. In Storms origins and even in Uncanny Xmen i believe, Storm talked of how she learnt to control the various affects of the weather by watching the flow of electrons during lightning strikes, by watching how the patterns of energy behaved during various weather related effects and she copied them. She psionically manipulates these patterns of energy to manifest her weather powers in an earth like atmosphere.

As for the manipulation of the bioelectric field incident you're making me doubt my recollection so im going to have to look search through my comics to refresh my memory lol.

As big a Storm fan as i am i believe in an all out battle to the death that Iron Man would win. However if they were just engaging in a friendly duel then Storm would win. Its her durability that lets her down. Come on CC upgrade my b*tch!! lol

stormfront13
*****Come on CC upgrade my b*tch!! lol*****

^^right there with you galactic, though shouldn't storm have enhanced durability seeing as her powers make her immune to the affects of the weather, and wind resistance can be thought of as affect of the weather. if wind resistance going mach 3 doesn't do anything to her then shouldn't she have enhanced durability, or is this only with wind resistance...........I have always wondered this.

GalacticStorm
*****Come on CC upgrade my b*tch!! lol*****

^^right there with you galactic, though shouldn't storm have enhanced durability seeing as her powers make her immune to the affects of the weather, and wind resistance can be thought of as affect of the weather. if wind resistance going mach 3 doesn't do anything to her then shouldn't she have enhanced durability, or is this only with wind resistance...........I have always wondered this.

She's enhanced in that she has a high resistance to all weather related effects and phenomena, but not to the point where thats enough to protect her from the effects of someone elses powers

stormfront13
yeah....i figured as always, but yeah I agree, in bloodlust stark would win, but if they fought in something like contest of champions where no one dies then I think storm would win.

K3VIL
Storm is immune to her OWN weather powers.
She can be sliced, shooted, and smashed like any common human.

DarkCrawler
or storm can just perform an emp(worked in the past) and shut down his heart

Worked in the past. How many years ago? I think that Tony Stark, world class genious would be intelligent enough to make his armor EMP resistant by now...And it still takes longer for Storm to perform EMP then Iron Man to shoot her ass down from sky...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>