Zeus vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hoorayforpeepee
come on people. i mean, come ON.

i think odin.

goku-vs-superma
MU or DC...does DC even have an odin?

DarkDethbringer
definately Zeus!

hoorayforpeepee
MU...i think DC is limited to a more christian divine hierarchy.

King Burger
I remember reading in those old Marvel Universe HandBooks,
that Odin was stronger (a little?) than Zeus.

That may also be reflected in how Thor is a bit stronger than
Hercules.

So Odin wins, after a tough fight.

eleveninches
Odin is (in my opinion) the most powerful of all the skyfathers in marvel

GRIMM THING
Hercules should only be pertrayed only as a demi-god as his mother was human although I'm not sure if this was changed for the comic books as opposed to real mythology. This *should* be why Thor bests him.

lifeisaglich
I agree and a fight between the zues and odin I give it to zues

GRIMM THING
from the Marvel Directory...............

ZEUS - Height: 6 ft. 7 in.
Weight: 560 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red

Strength Level: Zeus possesses superhuman strength that surpasses that of each of the other Olympian gods except for that of his son Hercules. Zeus can lift (press) 90 tons without making use of any of his other powers.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT - the Marvel Online Directory does NOT cover Odin as a single being!

--------------------------------------------------------------

according to this site http://www.vortex.bridgwater.ac.uk/mtlg/odin.htm

ODIN - Height: 6' 9"
Weight: 650 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Other Distinguishing Features: None
Strength Level: Odin possesses strength in the class of Superhuman Class 75
Known Superhuman Powers: Odin possesses super human stamina - reflexes - agility and speed, godlike durability and warp speed flight. He also has the ability to manipulate energy for various effects including projection of concussive force, creation of force shields, levitation, molecular manipulation of matter, matter-energy conversion and inter-dimensional teleportation. Odin also has the superhuman mental power of illusion casting.
Other Abilities: Oidin is an expert hand-to-hand combatant and has mastery of all Asgardian weaponry.

Draco69
According to mythology, Zeus is wayyyyyy more powerful than Odin. Comicverse on the other hand... I have no idea.

Napalm
Odin cause he has thor on his side

Zahit
Zeus is physically stronger than Odin, but they've always considered
each other as equals. There's no reason to think either one is more
powerful than the other. Marvel Comics-wise that is.
With the Asgardians dead, it would be nice to see some stories where
the Olympians get more involved with stuff.
Perhaps a Thanos vs. Zeus conflict or Zeus has a word with Galactus....

And as for Hercules (Marvel Universe), he was a demi-god, but then
after he died, Zeus resurrected him as a full Olympian God. That's why
he's so powerful. He's easily as strong if not stronger than Thor.
And equally hard to injure or kill.

Hell, I think the Egyptian Gods should get a make-over and start
appearing more like their classic depictions: Ra with a hawk-head,
Anubis with a jackal-head. Damn. I should write an ongoing
Hercules comic and bring in and classically revamp the other gods.
I've always been obsessed with mythology...

K Von Doom
Odin appears in DC as well as all the pantheonic gods, albeit in the Sandman series. When Morpheus had to make a decision on whom to give the key to Hell; Odin, Thor and Loki turn up to represent the Asgardians, asking for the key.

Mider
the DC versions are more powerful i think one god could threaten all of earth, there was a saga were loki caused a war between all the gods ALL OF THEM african, asgardian, olympion, everyone anyway thats just something i wanted to mention i think there both evenly matched but Odin can pull the other norse gods powers into himself to make himself more powerful what exactly are zues powers?

kgkg
in marevel i have never seen the power of zues . He did fight Thanos "the end" but we couldn't tell his power. since he was fighting a GOD

my guess is that he is equal to Odin , or Odin is a bit stonger.

Linkalicious
Odin was getting too old in his later days...I'll go with Zeus

who?-kid
Never read the Avengers (Captain Marvel, Druid, Captain America, Black Night, Wasp, Namor and at the end also Hercules) vs Zeus ?

I'm not a big fan of the Avengers, but that fight rocked ! And Zeus was pretty impressive, the Avengers didn't stand a chance.

Zahit
What issue did the Avengers fight Zeus?????

kgkg
ya i want to read that.

who?-kid
Avengers 284-285. I forgot to mention Thor by the way, he also was fighting Zeus with all his might. It was a pretty long and hard fight, but Zeus was having the upper hand, didn't matter if the Avengers (like Namor, Black Knight, Thor, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel and so on) attacked him all together.

Sentry
Here is Odin's stats:

VS.

Zeus:

Debate.

wolverine8888
odin for sure

Zahit
this battle would stalemate for a long time.
these two have always regarded each other as equals.

kgkg
Originally posted by Zahit
this battle would stalemate for a long time.
these two have always regarded each other as equals.

True, but it seems like Odin plays a bigger role.

Ig , etc.

wolverine8888
odin I think is deffently the stronger and more powerful

Linkalicious
I think they are equal, and the only reason people really think Odin is that much stronger is because he gets a lot more exposure due to Thor as oppose to Hercules.

wolverine8888
hercules is like never in comics any more what happen to him

armandovalles
hes coming out with his own limited series, tomorrow is his first issue out of 5.

wannabe
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I think they are equal, and the only reason people really think Odin is that much stronger is because he gets a lot more exposure due to Thor as oppose to Hercules.

Absolutely right you are!!!
They are equals and it would be a battle for eternity.

Question! Why are they calling some olympian gods by their greec names(Zeus and Hera, not Jupiter and Juno) and some by their roman names(Hercules and Pluto, not Herakles and Hades)?
huh

long pig
Because they are basically the same, romans ripped the gods off almost 100%...they renamed them tho.

wannabe

Xplosive
Somewhere equal, but eventaully Zeus should win.

Avalonofthewind
Zeus would win. He is truly immortal. Odin is in (just very long lived)

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah - that's the deciding factor.

The battle would end when Odin dies of old age - in say ooh, ten thousand years, lol...

armandovalles
ZEUS !!! - - - ODIN !!!

'NUFF SAID!

(who wins?)

Cosmic Cube
Odin. Better fighter.

leonheartmm
odin

armandovalles
i dont know who would win this but Odin is definitely NOT the better fighter, the only thing that even makes odin a match for Zeus is his weapon skills with, more specifically, his sword and his spear.

GalacticStorm
"i dont know who would win this but Odin is definitely NOT the better fighter, the only thing that even makes odin a match for Zeus is his weapon skills with, more specifically, his sword and his spear."

Huh?

armandovalles
its just my opinion, dont be too offended.

GalacticStorm
nah it just doesnt make sense. wink

GalacticStorm
so hes not the better fighter yet his weapon skills make him a match for zeus? hmmmmm.

armandovalles
but doesnt Zeus have better fighting skills than odin, i mean, he taught Herc, who has better fighting skills than Thor, who was taught by Odin.

GalacticStorm
"but doesnt Zeus have better fighting skills than odin, i mean, he taught Herc, who has better fighting skills than Thor, who was taught by Odin"

Yeah but i could get taught how to fight by bruce lee and still get beaten by others. That doesnt mean bruce is any less of a great fighter. Just means hes a crap teacher or im a lazy bas***d who never turned up to my lessons.

leonheartmm
yea they r better fighters, but i think that asgardian gods are more powerful than olympian gods, plus, asgardian gods{like odin, not thor cause thor is not a cmplete asgardian anymore} are virtually immortal as opposed to olympian gods like herc or zeus.

Cosmic Cube
Hercules is certainly not a better fighter than Thor.

goku-vs-superma
OK guys now imagine this the two greatest skyfathers EVER one on one! each is given 2 weeks to prepare. I think that it would be a tie because if zeus puts on the aegis and odin puts on the destroyer they are basically both equally invulnerable. you have to consider Odin's vast knowledge of the runes and other magics but also that the norse gods are not immortal like the greek. DEBATE!

shaolin9976
Zeus is the Gods of all Gods...so Zeus wins!

olympian
Zeus both the myth and comic versions.

Myth Zeus is higher than Odin and overall more powerfull. Not to mention a true immortal.

Comics ( especially marvel since they are more relevant ) they are renowed as equals but Odin is slighty above due to his importance in the mavel universe and more appearances= more feats.

However..zeus would still win. being in the same class and again a true immortal instead of a very long lived god gives you the win.

K3VIL
It would take an injury of such magnitude that it dispersed a major portion of his bodily molecules to cause Zeus physical death
Zeus isn't really Immortal.

olympian
He isent at marvel. Or lets say he is until something of that magnitude happens.

However in the myths while they could be injured they didn`t really died. Uranos was injured by Chronos but he didnt died, he just stayed away from Gaea ( earth ) and when Zeus injured Chronos, the elder god wasent killed either. But rather jailed in tartarus.

And im going by the cannon myth, cause im sure some version says one died or so.

mdbull73
Originally posted by olympian
Zeus both the myth and comic versions.

Myth Zeus is higher than Odin and overall more powerfull. Not to mention a true immortal.

Comics ( especially marvel since they are more relevant ) they are renowed as equals but Odin is slighty above due to his importance in the mavel universe and more appearances= more feats.

However..zeus would still win. being in the same class and again a true immortal instead of a very long lived god gives you the win.

I agree with u that Odin gets more pub, but the two are complete equals.

Stalemate with mass destruction of everything around them. Think Hercules v Thor X1000.

olympian
At marvel they are equals. Odin gets more rep tho.

Myth versions theyr equals if Odin is still the young god who overpowered ymir and together with his brothers created the earth and Asgard.

An older Odin ( ala Thor already grown up ) is past his prime. He has powerful magic but isent that strong anymore. Zeus in the myths never got past his prime.

Now at marvel? Exactly equals.

olympian
And i still have hopes that Marvel will make that fight happen. that would be awesome.

EvilCap America
And i still have hopes that Marvel will make that fight happen. that would be awesome.

Truth be told after so many decades of "Cosmic" beings i wouldnt mind seeing Peak level Ancient Gods get their due and have a wickedly awesome battle

olympian
I so want that. They are the most recgonized mythical gods worlwide ( thirdthe egyptians and fourth the chinese maybe ) and they never had a fight. Almost seems like Marvel avoids on porpuse the issue.

newjak86
They are equals in the comics.
If you wanna go by Myths then Thor is stronger then Odin.
You see in Norse Methology Odin is the king of Gods but wasn't because of his strength but his Wisdom. Thor was the strongest and the Champion of the Norse Gods against the Giants. Plus Odin was still Thor's father so he was still considered higher on the totem pole.
Zeus on the other hand is the strongest most powerful of the Greek Gods in fact in the Myths Zeus is much more powerful than all the other gods combined. Even in the Myth's Thor isn't as strong as Zeus in the Myths. Thor in myths has always dealt in a much smaller role as one on one fighter and his powers have been pushed to a limit Zeus has never had anybody push his limits in the Myths.

olympian
Newjack you nailed it all really well.

Zeus of the myth is even stronger and more powerful than the other plympians saved his two brothers ( myth always made the distiction that his two bros wer almost skyfather level and so different than the others ).

Theres two things that im going to correct tho. Zeus did had someone who pushed his limits. That was Thypon. The bifggest mosnter baddy of the greek mythology, borned from Gaia to defeat zeus.

And he did. They had two fights, and Zeus lost the first and won the second by buring him under a mountain in italy.

Another is that Odin past is prime ( older as he is commonly know ) is less stronger than Thor and Zeus. All correct. However there was a time where he was possibly as strong as Zeus physically. thats when he was younger and defeated the ancient beings before creating the heavens and earth as well as Asgard with his two brothers.

As far as i know besides his powers he also fought physically with those ancient beings. So he was up there.

EvilCap America
Also consider Mythalogical Odin was created to die heroically like the people that worshipped him wanted

olympian
Exactly to the nordics it didnt existed anything more honorable than dying in combat. Thats why theyr Gods werent immortal in the first place.

newjak86
Thank you Olympian I had forgotten about Thypon. He did push Zeus to his max.
Now for Odin on the other hand I will disagree to a degree.
Odin as with Thor are Gods of War since in the Norse myths war was so abundant it was only natural. Now he is powerful but not to the same extent as Thor.
Odin has always been a great fighter but in Norse mythology they decided to make the difference even in the early goings between brain and brawn.
Odin was the wisest of the Gods while Thor has always carried the title as Strongest and this is commonly played out in Norse Mythology.
Odin is like a master tactician he doesn't have the strength as others(he is still strong) but he uses his mind to overcome them still while Thor has always simply overpowered his foes.

olympian
Odin is kind of blurry when he was young. Mind you that i totally agree that when he was older ( and more wise ) Thor was definatly stronger and less wise.

Now the only time i even concead Odin to be in the Zeus level of strengh is maybe when he was young and did the same Zeus did. Overpowered the beings that ruled the universe before and became himself the ruler.

Im going to check it out. Im curious about it now. But more likely Zeus is above him. Even odin did what i think he did he had weapons....so his strenght wasent maybe Top of the Top.

Hmmmmm Myth Zeus all the way and comics equality then!

newjak86
I'm going to go check this out as well. Like you said younger Odin is a bit blurry but I think that he recieved a lot of outside help to as well.

olympian
Oh i know he had his two brothers and maybe his famous spear that never missed his target ( his bros im sure wer in that war. The spear not so much )

But then again Zeus won against the Titans with his brothers help and only finished when he learn to tap his ligthing powers by the elder cyclops. Really need to see if theres some mention of how Odin was as younger.

newjak86
Yes I will probably go to the library and check out a book on it.
I'm prety sure that Odin had had his spear and the six legged horse though.

olympian
The spear maybe but six legged horse no. Wasent the six legged horse son of Loki? He wasent even around at that time of creation.

Now the spear helping him ala ligthing helping zeus, that i belive.

newjak86
You know what i could be getting events mixed up it's been awhile since I've read Norse myhology. I'm probaly forgetting a few details so I'm going to go to the library get a book on it and read up to get my facts straight.

olympian

newjak86
Yes it does show power but as to the degree of Odin's power then is still unclear.

olympian
Thats what tickles me. It doesnt show cleary.

back to the research but for now Zeus gets the nod.

EvilCap America
Now i wanna see Odin and Zesus team up to take on Crom and Agrippa Roman god of the Aquaduct

olympian
Crom was cool. Didnt Thot met him once in a Conan comic?

EvilCap America
Crom was cool. Didnt Thot met him once in a Conan comic?

Not exactly sure but seeing that would fill me with markish goodness like when Undertaker beat down Ultimate Warrior

and wheres the love for Agrippa?He was the strongest super-hero in New York when the Tick arrived

mdbull73
OK, so why do Odin and Zeus fight in the first place?

olympian
Ask the person who started the thread.....my take would be the same why theyr sons would start a fight. To see whos really the top dog.

goku-vs-superma
i believe that odin would win in comics definately because he has access to the destroyer which has the essence of all the norse gods inside it as well as knowledge of how to use the runes and the knowledge of mirimrs well. not to mention that the norse gods life was focused around fighting and everyone of the gods were INCREDIBLE fighters which would definately play a role in a battle with zeus. and in comics odin's spear is much more powerful than just "never missing its target.

olympian
About the spear i agree. That was ust how the spear was known. In comics Odin winning ( at marvel ) is a possibility. They play bigger roled than Zeus and the greek gods. Figthing wise, the nordic wer amazing with weapons, close combat with wrestling the greek wer better. About the destroyer....Odin didnt created destroyer alone, Zeus also had a part in it. And another skyfather if im not mistaken.

goku-vs-superma
he did take part in it but i believe the norse gods are the ones who own it. anyway lets just say that its is only what the gods normally have with them no prep. odin knows the magic of the runes which is an incredible power and i think it will lead him to victory because zeus doesnt have that much knowledge of the arcane.

olympian
Agreed. zeus has more rwa power and figthing prowes tho. And being trully immortal its going to take forever.

Sandai Kitetsu
Stalemate.

quanchi112
marvels odin beats dc 's zeus or marvel's zeus.

hunbu04
marvel odin have not beaten any dc or marvel zeus. He and Marvel zeus decided not to fight because they said that they where evenly match. On the other hand Dc zeus is very powerful but because of his limited appearence people tend to write him off. why they keep forgetting is that Dc zeus is a member of the quintessence and every member of the Quintessence are omnipotent beings according to their profile. Secondly in New Gods comics when Highfather ask for his help to defeat darksied when Zeus arrive Ares and Odin were present and Zeus called both of them lessor gods meaning he was superior to them even thought Dc odin got mad when he made the statement.
Another thing people keep using on this board against zeus is not he is no longer ruling the olympian pantheon but what they keeping forgetting is that she became lady of olympus because zeus lost a bet. Athena champion Diania won against Zeus champion in a fight. Zeus even comment saying "I am not going to try to take olympus back from you my daughter because you won the bet fair.
In the Dc mini series War of the Gods the Phantom Stranger made a statement when Circe said that she was unbeatable because Hakate was supreme the Stranger reply you of all people should know that among gods supremcy is relative and then he comment that Zeus was the only god one step away from ultimate supremcy

quanchi112
zeus doesnt have the feats that odin has. sorry i recall cronus showing up with his kids and owning the lot of them with ease.

hunbu04
Yes Odin have many impressive feats but both Dc and Marvel Zeus got one feat that Thriumpall odin feats. Both Zeus was able to create life from nothingness. Marvel Zeus created Taylor Madison just for the purpose to catch Hera and Ares planning to kill Hercules. Dc Zeus created the Amazons. Thor with Odin powers fail to bring a girl back to life

quanchi112
Originally posted by hunbu04
Yes Odin have many impressive feats but both Dc and Marvel Zeus got one feat that Thriumpall odin feats. Both Zeus was able to create life from nothingness. Marvel Zeus created Taylor Madison just for the purpose to catch Hera and Ares planning to kill Hercules. Dc Zeus created the Amazons. Thor with Odin powers fail to bring a girl back to life just cuz u can create life doesnt mean u can defeat someone in battle. this is combat not making babies. hell ww can create and make a baby but ares cant on his own. he needs a lady to actually create one,correct.

guy222
Originally posted by quanchi112
just cuz u can create life doesnt mean u can defeat someone in battle. this is combat not making babies. hell ww can create and make a baby but ares cant on his own. he needs a lady to actually create one,correct.

Odin and Zeus stalemate

Hercules
Feat wise Odin's feats far outweigh Zeus's but they should be equals in power as both are leading Sky fathers.

But with Marvels obsession with Asgard, Odin is always going to look the more impressive.

quanchi112
Originally posted by guy222
Odin and Zeus stalemate odin for the win. i cant see zeus doing a thing to surtur at all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hercules
Feat wise Odin's feats far outweigh Zeus's but they should be equals in power as both are leading Sky fathers.

But with Marvels obsession with Asgard, Odin is always going to look the more impressive. feats outweight mostly anything. odin wins.

Priest
Odin fo the win.
I know Zeus and Odin are supposed to be equals. But look at the feats both has, Odin is far more impressive imo.
Also all of earth's skyfahters looked to Odin, and follow Odin in battle, its clear that he leads the pack. (Celestial/ Infinity Guantlet Arc.)

Airwalker
Odin has created life from nothing. Just look at Asgard and all who inhabit it.

Alfheim

But with Marvels obsession with Asgard, Odin is always going to look the more impressive.

Yeah I was gonna say that. In my opinion though it seems that Odin and Zeus are supposed to be the same, its not that Zeus is less powerful its just that Odin is more popular so we see more of what Odin can do.

It could be argued though that Zeus would win eventually because Olympians are truly immortal while Asagadians are virtually immortal....so eventually Odin would start to get old.

Utrigita
Odin if we go featwise.

Stalemate if we use the handbooks as well and I agree with Alfheim Marvel has choosen to focus on Asgard and that why we see the greatest feats from Odin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah I was gonna say that. In my opinion though it seems that Odin and Zeus are supposed to be the same, its not that Zeus is less powerful its just that Odin is more popular so we see more of what Odin can do.

It could be argued though that Zeus would win eventually because Olympians are truly immortal while Asagadians are virtually immortal....so eventually Odin would start to get old. well if what u say is true and they fight now how does this affect odin. he still wins. they arent fighting in 5 million years.

Hercules
well if what u say is true and they fight now how does this affect odin. he still wins. they arent fighting in 5 million years.

Look at the comic time Odin gets compared to the comic time Zeus gets both are stated to be equals but Stan lee himself said everyone knew about the Greek pantheon so he chose to concentrate on Thor and the Norse Gods as he had more scope to play with.

So if you are going to go on feat wars there is no contest but really there is nothing that Odin has done that Zeus shouldn't be able to do, the respect they have for one another goes along way to showing their standing imo.

But as this is KMC feats are the order of the day and Odin has by far the better feats because he has more showings.

Alfheim
well if what u say is true and they fight now how does this affect odin. he still wins. they arent fighting in 5 million years.

They are both extremely powerful and yes its possible I think that they could end up fighting for millions of years if you look at their powerset, it mlght just take Zeus millions or billions of years before he can beat Odin.

Utrigita
They are both extremely powerful and yes its possible I think that they could end up fighting for millions of years if you look at their powerset, it mlght just take Zeus millions or billions of years before he can beat Odin.

No so long a battle isn't really possibly Odin needs the odinsleep on a monthly basis (I think) to recharge it so a battle for millions of years is to much but a very long battle raging for days possibly weeks is fully possible.

quanchi112
They are both extremely powerful and yes its possible I think that they could end up fighting for millions of years if you look at their powerset, it mlght just take Zeus millions or billions of years before he can beat Odin. nah. odin has shown he is the number one skyfather. look how easy cronus defeated dc zeus. it took like ten minutes or so.

Hercules
Originally posted by Utrigita
No so long a battle isn't really possibly Odin needs the odinsleep on a monthly basis (I think) to recharge it so a battle for millions of years is to much but a very long battle raging for days possibly weeks is fully possible.

I thought it was once a year?

Hercules
nah. odin has shown he is the number one skyfather. look how easy cronus defeated dc zeus. it took like ten minutes or so.

What the hell has DC Zeus got to do with this? confused

quanchi112
What the hell has DC Zeus got to do with this? confused i always figured dc zeus was superior to marvels zeus imo.

Hercules
i always figured dc zeus was superior to marvels zeus imo.

So how do you know DC Cronus isn't superior to Marvel Odin and Marvel Zeus?

Really DC doesn't come into this at all and again, when Zeus is getting small Cameos in comics and Odin has been centre stage more often it doesn't give us a gauge of Zeus at full power.

Marvel chose to concentrate on The Asgardians as their number one Gods not the Olympians therefore on a whole they have a lot more feats because they make more apearences.

If feat wars is what you are going by then Zeus cannot compete but really they should be practically equals in power.

quanchi112
So how do you know DC Cronus isn't superior to Marvel Odin and Marvel Zeus?

Really DC doesn't come into this at all and again, when Zeus is getting small Cameos in comics and Odin has been centre stage more often it doesn't give us a gauge of Zeus at full power.

Marvel chose to concentrate on The Asgardians as their number one Gods not the Olympians therefore on a whole they have a lot more feats because they make more apearences.

If feat wars is what you are going by then Zeus cannot compete but really they should be practically equals in power. so u want me to ignore the feats.

laughing good one.

Hercules
so u want me to ignore the feats.

laughing good one.

No, do you actually read before you post or what?

Marvel has said they are equals, this has been shown in the mutual respect they have for each other, Odin gets more panel time because Marvel decided that they would concentrate on the Norse Pantheon as their Gods of choice as they had more scope to be inventive.

With me so far?

So this means that Odin has WAY more feats, so arguing who is more powerful on a feat war is moot.

Put it this way, certain Abstracts haven't got the on panel feats of Odin but would you say Odin is more powerful?

Seriously, read where I have said in a feat war Zeus can't compete, comprehend it, understand it and THEN post...

gogogadgetgo
imo odin=zeus though

so stalemate

but odin thor would kick both their asses laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.