Purple man vs. The X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Napalm
All right we have the typicall X-men team

Gambit
Cyclops
Wolverine
Jean Grey
Professor X
Night crawler

Know if you don't know purple man can make somebody do what ever
he says.

Scoobless
killgrave (purple man) controls others using his pheromones and has a distance limit to them, it's possible wolverines healing could free him from killgraves grasp but as soon as he get's control of xavier it's all over

nate grey beat him by figuring out what he was doing to him and sheathing himself in a telekinetic field to block the pheromones while he got the current ones out of his system, jean COULD do the same but it takes time to fully work and he could make them all kill themselves or each other before that happens........... if he get's close enough and wants them dead then they will die

mr.smiley
didn't stacy x have the same power?

DarkCrawler
No, she can only make man do what she wishes...

LordFear
Listen Prof X and Jean combined could disable virtually any opponent. The remainder of the team could simply be decoys while those two work behind the scenes. Logan would last the longest giving them sufficient time to concoct an offensive

jplatinum
Cyclops could hit him with a concussive blast from 100yards away and knock his head off.
End of discussion.

Mainstream
Proffessor Xavier could "stand up" to Purple man mental powers with ease.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mainstream
Proffessor Xavier could "stand up" to Purple man mental powers with ease.

no he can't, Purple Man's powers are not telepathic they are biochemical, if Xavier is within his range then he wont be able to do anything to resist....... in fact he could easily be forced to kill the rest of the X-Men

Mainstream
okay then Scoobless...Xavier..can't "stand up" to PM I though PM powers were mental based...I didn't know they were chemically induced...my bad.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mainstream
okay then Scoobless...Xavier..can't "stand up" to PM

lol, i can't believe i missed that reference the first time around

life is cruell
i understand there powers are different in origin but xavier should be able to mentally rape him before he can influence him

Cosmic Cube
lol Purple Man is cool. He even has a cool name. And a cool color.

JWangSDC
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
lol Purple Man is cool. He even has a cool name. And a cool color.

Luke cage doesn't think so

Linkalicious
Luke Cage gave him a facial.

Cyclops can hit from long range.

Xavier and Jean can do what's already been suggested.

Xavier or Jean could telepathically tell Nightcrawler to teleport behind him and hit him right in the middle of the back.

Gambit...can just blow his ass up.

Wolverine's body would probably get used to the phermones after a while.

But any slip ups and Purple Man can quite easily turn the tables

celestialbodies
Ten years late, but for clarification if nothing else, Jean Grey or X could take this incredibly easily. Jean specifically has telepathically over came Purple Man's pheromone influence twice. Jessica Jones was left comatose after the pheromone control of PM, Jean went in and pulled her back to reality with therapeutic telepathy, simultaneously installing a psychic trigger that allows Jessica to completely resist PM's powers!!!

Zack M
X-Men.

Magnon
Jean casually gave Jessica Jones immunity vs. Purple Man. Jean & Xavier together should be able to protect the whole team this way. Wolverine, with his healing factor AND phenomenal willpower, would resist Killgrave even without outside help.

A joint pheromonal and telepathic assault fails vs. Wolverine:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iy39nF5o4jU/UfBltJTkSkI/AAAAAAAAGsU/SKUulkG5U_g/s1600/ Harry+Palmer+implants+an+egg+in+Wolverine+%2528Unc
anny+X-men+233%2529.jpg

=> The X-men win in a stomp.

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine is vulnerable to pheromone manipulation. You don't really ''heal'' from that. The only exception are Omega Red's death pheromones, which do actual harm to all that lives.

Magnon
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wolverine is vulnerable to pheromone manipulation. You don't really ''heal'' from that. The only exception are Omega Red's death pheromones, which do actual harm to all that lives.

Eh, I just posted a scan of Wolverine resisting pheromone manipulation. So, be it mind-controlling pheromones or death pheromones, he can resist them all. Even without his healing power he could probably resist Purple Man simply due to his strong will, like Doom did.

StiltmanFTW
Can't view your pic atm, sorry for that. Maybe it'll show up fine when I get back home.

Anyway, I know that pheromones affected him more than once. Examples being Daken and Veranke.

Magnon
Can't view your pic atm, sorry for that. Maybe it'll show up fine when I get back home.

Anyway, I know that pheromones affected him more than once. Examples being Daken and Veranke.

Ah yes, my bad. The link is probably too long: if you remove the space before "Harry" it will work.

-Pr-
Shame Colossus isn't here, as I think it wouldn't work on him.

StiltmanFTW
Well, he doesn't breathe, so yeah.

-Pr-
Well, he doesn't breathe, so yeah.

Yup.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Magnon
Ah yes, my bad. The link is probably too long: if you remove the space before "Harry" it will work.

Ah, Brood. Good feat; totally forgot about it.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Magnon
Eh, I just posted a scan of Wolverine resisting pheromone manipulation. So, be it mind-controlling pheromones or death pheromones, he can resist them all.

In regards to the Death Pheromones, Red's in particular, Wolvie doesnt simply resist it. He is bothered by it to a degree making his healing factor work constantly. Makes him groggy n all. Just sayin.

But yea.. I do remember when Cage resisted purple man. I think DD is as well, but im not 100% sure.

StiltmanFTW
Yes, but it takes a very long time before he goes down. Hence, he's death pheromones resistant, but not death pheromones proof.

Originally posted by jrodslam
But yea.. I do remember when Cage resisted purple man.

When? I remember 2 times when he stomped Killgrave, but that was because A) Killgrave was powerless B) Cage had nanites protecting him or something.

jrodslam
Yes, but it takes a very long time before he goes down. Hence, he's death pheromones resistant, but not death pheromones proof.

When? I remember 2 times when he stomped Killgrave, but that was because A) Killgrave was powerless B) Cage had nanites protecting him or something.

Ahh yes. Cage did say he didnt have powers, but they way his pupils were on panel, and then changed made me think Killgrave did have them, but not to full power.

KingD19
You either need extremely strong willpower(Like Doom who basically said "F*ck you, I'm Doom, your powers mean nothing) or some way to quickly stop him from using them.

Because Killgrave has immediately infected like hundreds of people. And everyone here would be vulnerable to the pheromones if they get hit. Which would then be fighting Purple Man and whoever else fell under his control the fastest.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, Purple Man is like a king of pheromone manipulators.

And that Doom moment was PIS. Then again, Doom's whole career is full of PIS...

KingD19
Purple Man is to pheromones what Xavier is to telepathy essentially. This team can beat him, but they have to be extremely quick on the draw. Like Cyclops has to rip his visor off the moment the match starts lol.

Surtur
Flip a coin really. It's a quickdraw, whoever activates their power first will be the one walking away.

Yeah, Purple Man is like a king of pheromone manipulators.

And that Doom moment was PIS. Then again, Doom's whole career is full of PIS...

Actually Doom does have extremely strong willpower so I don't think it is PIS. I mean I'm not saying it is good writing, but I don't think it is his only showing of doing something like that.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Surtur
Flip a coin really. It's a quickdraw, whoever activates their power first will be the one walking away.

Actually Doom does have extremely strong willpower so I don't think it is PIS. I mean I'm not saying it is good writing, but I don't think it is his only showing of doing something like that.

Willpower is irrelevant. PM controls their bodies, not their minds. His puppets are fully aware of what they are doing and almost 100% of the time hate it. Anyone from no-name street thugs to Captain America to high end telepaths, it doesn't matter, if his pheromones get into your system he controls your actions.

Magnon
Once again, the X-men win this 10/10.

Jean can protect the entire team from the pheromones with a telekinetic shield. Or Jean and Xavier can protect the entire team telepathically like Jean did with Jessica Jones. Or they can just send Wolverine whose healing factor combined with his phenomenal willpower would protect him from Purple Man's powers. Or they could simply use any attack that is faster than the diffusion of pheromones through air plus the time it takes for them to take effect; this includes, but is not limited to, an optic blast in the face or a psi-blast in the face. Heck, even Kurt could probably teleport Killgrave's head off faster than his pheromones could take effect.

celestialbodies
Guys, Jean alone is capable of counteracting PM's influence, my original post should have clarified that. She was able to protect Jessica Jones and place a trigger in her mind, a YEARS old trigger, to keep his influence from ever controlling her again. Yes, his abilities are bio-chemical but Jean at least has shown her telepathy can directly and indirectly protect not only herself but others from his influence!!!

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt184/treysome1/Alias028-12-13.jpg

Mindset
Originally posted by Scoobless
Willpower is irrelevant. PM controls their bodies, not their minds. His puppets are fully aware of what they are doing and almost 100% of the time hate it. Anyone from no-name street thugs to Captain America to high end telepaths, it doesn't matter, if his pheromones get into your system he controls your actions. Doom's willpower may as well be a super power at this point.

Each cell in his body has the willpower to resist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.