Molecule man vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Molecule man
Who wins?

Personally I think Owen will destroy Thanos...

Linkalicious
I think Owen has the power to destroy Thanos, but he doesn't have the mentality.

I know the rules of the board say "all out fight to the death" but that most certainly isn't what Owen is about....Thanos on the other hand has killed more beings than anyone I can recall.

I give this to Thanos because I believe he can find a way to decieve Owen and either make him put his guard down...or leave himself open for a kill shot.

Molecule man
But does Thanos really have the power to kill Owen? He may destroy his body but to actually kill him...

And Owen from FF 27 was really powerful!

who?-kid
Well theoretically, Owen can beat Thanos, no doubt about it. Be he's a dumbass lol.

Maybe it's one of those "whoever strikes first, wins"-fights.

LordFear
yeah I admit it. I have always said that Molecule Man could singlehandly take out the entire MU given an intellect and ego of say Doom. But in his frail state. I mean frail as he is as a character, Thanos would smell that uncertainty in him and slay him quickly in fear of Owen figuring out his full potential.

Superherovandal
how the hell could he take out the entire MU? List his exact powers please. I doubt he could take out DP or Galactus or LT.

demigawd
His powers are simple. Absolute control over all molecules. Since the universe is comprised of molecules, it basically gives him absolute control of everything...

Superherovandal
but could he beat Galactus or DP or LT?

LordFear
Hey super are u serious?
He doesn't have a list of powers cuz he doesn't need them. One controls everything and that's the ability to manipulate molecules on organic or inorganic matter. Do u know what that means?
Everything around you including yourself is comprised of molecules and IS matter. What else do I have to say. The guy is virtually a living Infinity Gauntlet. When Doom realized what he could do, Doom duped him in making him believe that he is his friend because Doom actually FEARED him!!!!

eleveninches
The universe is NOT made entirely of molocules. It is made of reality, space, time, energy etc...
Molocules are a specific thing inside the universe

King Burger
Just because he is stated as having the power to manipulate
molecules, doesn't mean he can manipulate the molecules
of everything!

For example, Silver Surfer also has the powers to manipulate
molecules, does that mean that SS can also beat Galactus, his
creator?

Or take energy, and the manipulation and control of energy. There
are plenty of comic book firgures who have the power to control
energy, from Bishop (sort of), to Silver Surfer, and all the way up to
Eternity. But does that mean that these three are on the same
power level? Can Silver Surfer control ALL the cosmic energy
in the universe?

So You see, just because Molecule Man can control molecules,
doesn't mean he can control ALL molecules EVERWHERE.

It's a matter of quantity, not quality.

And please don't anybody bring up that "Secret Wars II"
bull****.

Bottom line, Thanos, who can defeat someone like Silver Surfer,
beats down this over-rated idiot.

eleveninches
Molocules are NOT the building blocks of the universe. There ARE things much more fundimental than molocules

Molecule man
Molecule man can basically control ALL molecules but he really doesn't have to do that. He can warp reality, time, everything.

He have the power to beat anyone if he's angry enough.

Linkalicious
Silver Surfer's ability to manipulate molecules is different from Owen Reece's ability to manipulate molecules...

Owen has complete mastery....Surfer does not.

Alpha Centauri
Don't confuse Owen's labelled ability to control absolutely everything in existance with his realistic boundaries.

If he was really able to do that, he would be able to beat absolutely anyone. Being the type of character he is, he's never gonna get to that level.

-AC

Linkalicious
Oh of course not.

He was EASILY manipulated by Dr. Doom in Secret Wars so that instead of being a deadly fighter...he was more like Doom's body guard.

There was something that Owen said to Doom during that series that lead me to believe that he truly was capable of just about anything regarding molecules.

who?-kid
I could be wrong, but can't MC only control inorganic molecules ? That means he has absolutely no power over animals, humans, trees...

Never
Since when?

Weird fight though, since MM can dissolve his opponents if he so wishes (so yes he can control organic molecules).

Mider
he does have power over molecules all of them it was after secret wars that dr. doom removed owens mental blocks that stoped him from controlling plants animals etc, he then went about re-igniting all the stars that the beyonder had distroyed.

LordFear
Oh man people u guys are outta your f&^**& minds!!!!
yes atoms and molecules are the building blocks of the universe. Do u go to school. That's basic chemistry dude!!!! He can alter organic and inorganic matter therefore controlling everything around him. Wtf ARE U TAKING ABOUT the universe is made up of time and reality it all stems from molecules. Really people if this is the depth of your ignorance Please don't post stupid sh**. I am outta here!!!!!

who?-kid
the universe is made up of time and reality it all stems from molecules...?? Interesting theory.

A few years ago he fought that evil watcher whose name slipped my mind (Aron or so ?), and during that fight, MC said himself he couldn't control organic stuff. That's why he lost the fight by the way.

If he had a recent power-up (could be, why not, who can keep track lol), than I'll keep my mouth. For once wink

LordFear
It's not an interesting theory it's a fact u have molecules, atoms and subatomic molecules such as quartz and such. It is a scentific fact. Just because time and reality is an abstract thought you seem to think that it's not made up of anything. Have u ever read some of Einstein's work????Obviously not cuz u seem to know more than him don't u Professor!!!

Never
Hmm, to my knowledge MM cannot warp reality and time (unless he has been retconned. anyone who can type coherent sentences care to comment? that leaves about...10, heh).

Yes, he can increase the "space" between his own molecules such that solids pass through him; become ultra-dense; render an opponent discorporate...

kgkg
lordfear you got to remember than comic is not scientificly sound.

Linkalicious
time isn't made up of molecules. no

LordFear
linkalicious then u tell those scholars who studied quantum physics what it's made of tell them since u disagree. The beauty with an opinion is to have supporting fact to back it up. I am calling you out and asking you what is time made of? If u say u don't know then u can't debate the argument.

kgkg
time is ascept created to represent something abstract.

comic and science don't actually go together so you can't say that everything in comic is made of it , in reality yes.

But comic have gods that have power that is not scientifly sound

LordFear
I will say this though kgkg you are correct comix don't follow the same laws as our reality. My argument was based on factual info, scientific facts. But I guess u do have a point there.

Never
I'll bite.

Prove that "time" and "reality" (both subjective abstracts) are composed of molecules, please?

And which ATOMS comprise "time" and "reality"?

kgkg
what do you mean by reality , and time is just an abstract.

who?-kid
Yes as a matter of fact I have. Obviously you haven't, because if you had, you would know Einstein himself concluded that space and universe are basically timeless.

LordFear
it still doesn't say what it is comprised of. Timeless doesn't signify what it's made of. Time is a spatial continuum. But I am asking u what it is comprised of not an adjectif for what it is.

Never
Huh?

"Timeless" meaning? No point of origin...?

kgkg
what are you guys arguing lol ?

time is just an abstract there it's nothing.

it's like saying am dreaming and the dream is made out of atoms.

time is just an abstract created by men.

who?-kid
Timeless : without time.

Let me quote the Man himself :

"...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one."

You see, no time. For further questions, ask a real scientist and not me smile. I don't say he's right, I only know what he thought about time.

Back to the fight : Molecule Man can win, but is too dumb imo.

LordFear
Alright u guys are right about one thing back to the fight.
kgkg is correct because time is abstract created by Man.
Sorry about going on a rampage about it.
AnywaY I say Thanos only because MM is too stupid like who kid said.

Linkalicious
Thanks, i just got here to ask the same thing...

What's the molecular structure of time and space? confused

Beyonder
Molecule Man is a cube being. That said, you have to realize that his extent of control is not omnipotent. Can he mess with time? Not sure, but he can probably do that since he pulled Kosmos from somewhere in space and reverted her back to the Beyonder, just so MM could rave his angers. Bending time and reality is something IMO within a cube beings power.

However, the extent of a cube beings power is NOT omnipotent. They also rank low in the hierarchy of power. And MAGIC is not under Molecule Man's control either.

IMO, Molecule Man and other cube beings rank above skyfathers and maybe Elder Gods, but below Galactus, Chronos, Chaos, Order, etc.

Molecule man
I really don't think Molecule man is below Galactus, Chronos, Chaos, Celestials etc...especially not Galactus.

Beyonder
Maybe not a hungry Galactus. But did Doom absorb MM's powers to fight the Beyonder? After taking Beyonder's powers did he even care about MM or trying to steal his power?

Galactus and everything above him is more powerful than Molecule Man.

Molecule man
That was the old Molecule man before he could even affect organic molecules. But as time went by he have become much more powerful as you mentioned earlier...(vs Kosmos). Galactus won't be much trouble for Owen if he's really pissed off

Beyonder
And Kubik also mentioned to Kosmos that beings such as Galactus, Celestials, Chronos, the Vishanti, etc. are above cube beings in power.

Molecule man
Well Owen isn't just a ordinary cosmic cube since he has a human mind that makes him so much more Kubik said.

Beyonder
Yup. But he's still below Galactus and others. Galactus creates heralds that are are Thor's level, sometimes a notch below. Tyrant, even though not his original self, is still around skyfather level or above.

Furthermore, if MM was that powerful, Doom would've tried to take MM's power no matter MM's experience with his power.

King Burger
The Molecule Man of that piece-of-s*** Secret Wars II was
all powerful, just as the Beyonder of that same series.

But that series has been negated by Secret Wars III, which showed
Beyonder to be nothing but a cosmic cube, and that all the
amazing manifestations of powers he showed in Secret Wars II was
a giant hoax that barely exntended beyond earth itself.

Now Molecule Man isn't as strong as that Beyonder (Beyonder was
a cosmic cube, while MM is, I believe, a human who was exposed
to the powers of a cosmic cube, gaining some of its powers), so his
powers would be even less.

Botton line: just as Silver Surfer can control Cosmic powers, but
not to the level of a Galactus, the same can be said of MM's
control over molecules.

It's a question of the extent of powers, not the nature of them.

Beyonder
Molecule Man is above other cube beings. You'd think he'd by weaker but he's not. Kubik mentioned this to Molecule Man as he pleaded to MM to stop his relentless attack on Beyonder/Kosmos. Not that Beyonder wasn't able to put up a fight, Molecule Man was just getting the better of Beyonder.

Him being a human allowed him to operate on another level that cube beings born from cosmic cubes are not able to.

Molecule man
You guys are overrating Galactus if he is really that powerful he wouldn't have to consume planets just to survive.

Molecule man could create herald-beings too if he wanted to

kgkg
"You guys are overrating Galactus if he is really that powerful he wouldn't have to consume planets just to survive."

that's how he eats and i don't think his over rated why whould you say that?

Beyonder
He's not. That's his role in the universe. Ever heard the statement that Galactus was a force of nature? He is. He's the balance between Eternity and Death. Just cause he eats planets doesn't mean he's weak.

Skyfathers and Elder Gods don't eat much either and they're cosmic level beings. Neither does Tyrant. But that still doesn't mean they're more powerful that Galactus.

Dark Phoenix consumes stars, are you saying she's weaker than Molecule Man or other cube beings?

Molecule man
I don't say that Galactus is weaker than skyfathers and elder gods, just that he's weaker than Molecule man.

Im pretty sure Molecule man from FF 27 would have beaten Galactus!

OneDumbG0
^ Biz-a-bumpity-bump.

psycho gundam
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9468/reality5hd.jpg

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9468/reality5hd.jpg
And this has what to do with what?

psycho gundam
thanos' innate immunity to reality warp.

not saying mm loses but he will have to exert himself to mess with his molecules, not just because he's an eternal but because of his not being under the influence of chaos and order.

galactusischere
As much as I like Thanos's character, I have to say that Owen slaughters him with absolute ease.

D_Dude1210
Thanos already beat the Beyonder's recent (female) incarnation aka the Maker. :-/ And Beyonder was always listed as > than MM.

snyper1982
Originally posted by LordFear
It's not an interesting theory it's a fact u have molecules, atoms and subatomic molecules such as quartz and such. It is a scentific fact. Just because time and reality is an abstract thought you seem to think that it's not made up of anything. Have u ever read some of Einstein's work????Obviously not cuz u seem to know more than him don't u Professor!!!

LULZ. Have YOU read any of Einsteins work? NO. Have you ever heard the phrase, "The vaccum of space."? That means that space is made up of vast amounts of.... nothing. At least nothing that science has identified yet. I also think you mean sub atomic particles, such as quarks, not quartz, which is a type of crystal. The vast majority of the universe is absolutely nothing... aka space.

So next time you should actually know what you are talking about, rather than pretending you do.

Kasper Gutman
I was going to add something about the Time debate but I'll stay out of it. I've gotten confused by Quantum Leap episodes.

snyper1982
Originally posted by LordFear
linkalicious then u tell those scholars who studied quantum physics what it's made of tell them since u disagree. The beauty with an opinion is to have supporting fact to back it up. I am calling you out and asking you what is time made of? If u say u don't know then u can't debate the argument.

LULZ. Now you are bringing in an ENTIRELY theoretical field of science as PROOF for your side. You show me the "time" element on the periodic table, or the combination of elements that makes up a "time" molecule... Oh you can't. Just stop while you are ahead.

h1a8
What gets me is that classic MM was so powerful he could destroy a multiverse with a gesture.

Now we have this Sentry debacle?

Either Sentry becomes the new Beyonder or comics has just got more stupid.

Pezmerga
Lol this thread took a....weird turn... It went from MM vs Thanos to MM vs Galctus, and had bouts of real science vs comic science... smile

Blanket
Originally posted by snyper1982
LULZ. Now you are bringing in an ENTIRELY theoretical field of science as PROOF for your side. You show me the "time" element on the periodic table, or the combination of elements that makes up a "time" molecule... Oh you can't. Just stop while you are ahead. Way to time travel back 5 years and own that noob.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Blanket
Way to time travel back 5 years and own that noob.

laughing

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Thanos already beat the Beyonder's recent (female) incarnation aka the Maker. And Beyonder was always listed as > than MM. I think a lot of folks recognize that (i) there was a whole lot of circumstance behind that, and (ii) Maker =/= Beyonder.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Blanket
Way to time travel back 5 years and own that noob.
laughing out loud

kgkg
Ahh I miss Molecule man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.