Fan Backlash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tlbauerle
Okay...most of us here are probably super geeks anyway, but I'm sure most of us can't stand they way LFL is handling this last film. We are all pissed about the HYPER$PACE fiasco in that it is paying for advertisements. Likewise we are pissed about how risky it is to post images, and the Nazi like manner LFL, ahem...the EMPIRE, threatens websites. For the latest example, check out T'Bone at www.starwarz.com/tbone.

What if we organized to stick it to the man by buying tickets for another movie and walking in to see EPISODE III anyways? I know whenever someone says BOYCOTT everyone pulls one of these...roll eyes (sarcastic)

But there has to be someway to get the point across.

Go to TBONE's site and drop LFL a line.

eXSBass
Letter of complaint?

LandoSpeeder2
Dude, the movie comes in 3 months. just forget it.

EHmasterJedi
The reason why LFL doesnt like posting pics of HS is it basically gives no eason for you to have HS if there all posted here, which they are so i guess there not on us to bad.

forumcrew
yep plus seeing as this is the last SW movie i dont think it would help regardless.. they put out more info on SW then most movies do, so you shouldnt really complaign

bilb
Well all of this is getting silly. Like it or not these pics are the property of LFL and they have the right to order them taken down. T Bone has the right to comply or not, but whining about it isnt gonna help anything. Nor is getting his readers to act as sheep and complain on his behalf. Dont get me wrong, I LOOOOVE all the spoiler pics & info, but the fact remains that LFL has the legal right to to do what it wants with its property. The only thing that has really hacked me off is the way Lucas has treated HS members over this trailer thing. We paid for HS, most of which is not that great. The best parts are the videos they put out and that includes the trailer. Like I said LFL has the right to do with its own movie trailer what it wants to do, but it doesnt make it any less of a slap in the face to fans. And honestly, if you are enough of a fan to be on this board or any other SW site, you are so NOT gonna boycott this movie. As mad as I am about the trailer, I'll still be the first in line to see the flick.

jjwil76
is it REALLY that big of a deal? does it suck that websites get shut down? sure. i think people go into making sites devoted to star wars spoilers know that there is a good chance they'll get shut down by LFL though. it's a wonder he didn't get shut down sooner.

how much more of this movie do we need to see? i absolutely love spoiler pics, but what more is there to show? it would be nice to be somewhat suprised. in a week we'll get a trailer with an a$$load of new scenes. there is going to be posters, books, toys etc. plenty of materials to hold us fans over until may. plus, there's still MF.com and TFN. and, lets not forget SUPERSHADOW! laughing

bilb
How dare you invoke the name of the fraudulent one!! laughing

Sadako of Girth
*Name invoked, the dark stirring clouds gather over the 'Backlash' thread.....*

jjwil76
i...i..meant...uh....uhhhhhh.........(runs away)

jaden101
twisted by the dark side, paul ens has become

seriously though...many people pay their hyperspace subscriptions and for what...for them to release trailers a day early or in the next trailers case...a few hours later than the rest of the world gets to see it (if you can stomach sitting through one tree hill)

not to mention that half the stuff from the last web doc was just scenes from the phantom menace

whats to say that half the stuff people are paying good money for are never going to be in the film or are mere rehashes of old pics etc

i for one think lucas arts are blatently profiteering and ripping people off for the sake of a few pics

look at the hype that surrounded matrix revolutions...people were gasping for pics and info but they managed to keep most of it under wraps and released pics on the official site free of charge

so in my opinion its not wonder people like t bone post pics...

they might be able to stop some sites...but they cant stop them all

jaden101
you gotta currently love the genius that is

http://idontfear.com/

jjwil76
that's pretty funny

TheForceSupreme
heh

Mr. Bacon
i hate star wars

jjwil76
we all do mr. bacon...that's why we're here.

Mr. Bacon
oh ok thats cool

SithSpy
business is buisness whether we like it or not, and GL does have every right to charge us for his intellectual and financial property, it sucks but its not like we're being wronged so like it was said above......the movie is out in 3 months, just drop it allready

smoker4
Fer shizzle

BAILY
Baily feels LFL are a bunch of a$$holes.... Baily answers to no one... I will do what I do and well they can sit on their thumbs and rotate for all I care. I want my Tbone buddy back... he is da bomb

The Ones
yea!

Imaginary
Baily stop talking about yourself in the third person stick out tongue

BAILY
Baily answers to no one kiddo stick out tongue cool Make me!!

Imaginary
You're so self centered stick out tongue

darthmaul1
It's only 2.5 months till the movie so we don't have long to wait, Hyperspace is a complete waste of money, this next trailer will be on TV before it is on Hyperspace, no advantage there. I do not see the big deal with posting HS pics, all you have to do is right click and copy it's not as if you broke into LFL and stole a bunch and posted them. some website go as far as disabling the rightclick feature, but the idiots don't realize all you have to do is go alt-printscreen and you have it.

jjwil76
i tried to, but just got a handful of GL's beard hairs.

The Ones
lol

GCG
laughing out loud

dont we know it wink

tlbauerle
All I'm saying is things are a lot different around here than six years ago. I don't remember T'Bone or Lincoln Gasking at Countdown to Star Wars being forced to take stuff down. I think fans should tell LFL where to get off.

LandoSpeeder2
I wouldn't care if no more pics were leaked, and we just got the ones from HS. considering we're getting a new over 2 minute long trailer.

And one of the reasons LFL wants the pics taken down is b/c if they had never been posted HS wouldn't be hated as much.

tlbauerle
Dude...they weren't HS pics in the first place.

LandoSpeeder2
I didn't say they were. confused

tlbauerle
Then I don't get what you are saying...H$ gripes are different from gripes about T'Bone...it has to do with how LFL is doing business now as opposed to nine years ago...The net was a much different place then...

OB1-adobe
Yeah, They have every right to make people pay money for a picture an ananimate carbon rod.

If you didn't notice i'm being sarcastic.

LandoSpeeder2
I don't get how you don't get what I'm saying. I'm saying is that if the pics had never been leaked (not the ones from HS) HS might not be hated as much.

tlbauerle
But pics were leaked way before H$ was even in existance. I remember when Jar Jar's voice was leaked nearly a year before EP I, and do legal action was taken to get the clip removed...no website was threatened to be shut down. It was all over the main sites.

H$ is hated because all the stuff people are charged for was FREE during the Special Editions and other Prequels...

Were you around the SW sites nine years ago? It was a lot different.

El Hombre
I think what Lando is trying to say is that had a single pic or any other type of media not been leaked, regardless of the source, fans would be a little more excited about all the official preview content released thru Hyperspace.

Am I right Lando?

LandoSpeeder2
Exactly.

LandoSpeeder2
No, I was only 4 years old then, I just found out about message boards about 2 years ago, so I didn't know about anything being leaked. stick out tongue

tlbauerle
So then...you wouldn't have a clue about what I'm talking about. Hyper$pace sucks because they are charging for what WAS free for the first two films and the special editions. AND there have always been leaks outside of what was officially released. How LFL is handling this film is much more aggressive than how they handled it in the past.

So from someone who has been around SW Online for 9 Years, giving T'Bone an ultimatum like that is freakin' dumb.

bilb
OMG I was LIVID when that pic was released!! mad

I have been a big defender of HS since it started. For me watching the webcam, even on the crappy days, was a heck of a lot of fun. I love the early webdocs, the post notes, set diaries, Pabs updates, some of the KVs and MOST of the BTHs. So it has been worth the money for the most part. The only reason I am mad now is because GL is supposedly SOOOOO anti Hollywood. Yet he totally screws his loyal to a fault fan base and gives the trailer not only to Fox (which is ALMOST understandable seeing as how they ditribute it) but also to AOL members who haven't paid one figgin cent! Now THAT makes me furious! And yes it is his 'intellectual property' and he can burn the film reels in effigy if he likes, BUT dont give us all this crap about how great HS is for 3 years then expect us to be happy when we get screwed.

LandoSpeeder2
Well, When TPM first came I went to starwars.com and stuff but didn't know anything about message boards or stuff getting leaked.

JKozzy
They certainly aren't lacking on the money side... jeez. Only the most successful scifi saga ever...

tlbauerle
Hyperspace has been crap from the beginning....

Well...I should clarify...I do like some of the new content ideas...like the old bantha tracks...but I'd never pay that much EVERY YEAR.

As far as the episode III stuff...none of it is worth that much. But then to get double raped for fan club and hyperspace?

tlbauerle
Pretty much...

kiadimundijedi
This guy is a big time ego drivin crazed man...

Wow this guys web site makes him look like hes Brian Wilson, Kevin Smith, And any other jack of all trades you can think of.... WOW!

kiadimundijedi
Oh and his Politics suck too...

Vote Libertarian Fool

tlbauerle
Thanks n00b...

Vote Libertarian if you want to eliminate every single social program in existance including public education...dumb@$$

Sadako of Girth
For those who missed the "Rod" outrage....

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/4595/bth302ci.th.jpg

tlbauerle
Yeah...that was one of my favorite...

It really adds something to my STAR WARS experience.

bilb
Sigh... I have been listening to the HS griping for years now. I understand why alot of people dont like HS. Great, Fine, Yada Yada Yada. So :
a) hush already, its old and annoying
b) stop leeching the pics that HS members post on boards like these, its hypocritical at best
c) find another franchise to belittle, I love SW so enough already

GCG
in their defense, they could say that its the rod that lifts Vader (in Mask) into position. That will be the first scene in ROTS that we see Vader as we know him in the OT.

Not that im taking their side....

tlbauerle
Dude...you were just bagging on it too!? WTF?

Who's leeching? I've been the one to release a webdoc or two.

tlbauerle
GCG - I like you H$ Contribution...

kiadimundijedi
I wont turn this Star wars thread into crazy political thread...

But yes, get the government out of everything...

When you can explain 1.5 Billion Dollars of Everyday spending, I'll vote for someone like John Kerry

Oh Read the Constitution Sometime...

bilb
Ok, thats great, really. But there are HUNDREDS of other posters out there who moan & groan about HS, never pay a dime for it but are all too happy to take the pics whenever they can, That's who I am talking about. If you pay for HS then by all means complain away, You paid your money for that right. Its the ones who dont pay anything for it & still complain that I have a problem with.

kiadimundijedi
Also Government Education is not working, your the Dumb A$$ .

Let families keep thier tax dollars so they can afford to send thier children to a good school.

kiadimundijedi
Now Back to Star Wars.

tlbauerle
Not only have I read it...smart@$$, I've studied it. Where do you get off assuming crap about me and my beliefs.

kiadimundijedi
Well you dont see me posting a link to my personal page that has all info about me... ME,ME,ME,I,Me,ME

If you dont want people to judge your beliefes dont post them for all to see through a star wars web page...

Repulicrat

Thier is no difference

as long as big two are in power, big two will always rule...

Sadako of Girth
I think, as I posted before on some other thread quite a while ago, that the Inanimate rod thing has been an industry joke certainly at Fox for some time and that the offending BTH was a homage to the gag...
It's a gag that has been used in 'The Simpsons" twice at least among others....

Maybe Obi-wan pulls it out of a gantry using the force and that is instrumental in Anakin's final plunge..... sending him to his crispy char-grilled fate....

kiadimundijedi
BACK TO STAR WARS.

IM SORRY OK, LETS DROP IT.

tlbauerle
Dude...you freakin' started it.

Ever think I might have a frickin' head on my shoulders and might be an intelligent person? I'm a Mormon Democrat...both by long hard personal choice. I'm obviously not one of the sheep so don't treat me like one.

GCG
oh yes.....or perhaps palps orders that it will need to serve as an insertion ; an aide to help anakin stand up straight in that suit laughing

kiadimundijedi
MORMAN TOO....

OH GOD

kiadimundijedi
I SAID IM SORRY

SHEEP

tlbauerle
Hmmm...it looks like it could be used for something more...erect.

JKozzy
Guys, quit it. Duke it out in PMs if you must, tlbauerle and kiadimundijedi.

Heh. Inanimate rod. Wonders never cease stick out tongue

tlbauerle
Dude...BACK OFF!

Sadako of Girth
laughing

Ooooh. confused Didn't Gloria Estafan have a similar reinforcement
in her back...? Oooooh that sounds so ooooooh...and arrrrghhh.....!!!

(Obviously wasn't inserted into the same part of the anatomy as that evil git like Palps would inflict on Anakin though in your hypothesis......!)
laughing

GCG
poor anakin ; burnt to a crisp and forced to whitstand that carbon rod for the rest of his unnatural life. Now we know why Darth Vader succumbed to his death when Palps' lightning fried him......that rod was a conductor ! laughing out loud

do you think that the rod became a ghost as well in ROTJ ?

Sadako of Girth
Undoubtably.... If the rest of the garb he was wearing became a part of him then why not...? laughing And judging by that smile he gives Luke, he must be pretty comfortable with it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.