the ultimate phillisophical question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

seriph
is this a valid question?

debate that one out.

peterKSL
As I've observed, you are an "angel of bad spelling"... "phillisophical" this word is not in the dictionary... So to answer your question, this is not a valid question...

- End of subject -

seriph
philosophical then. the question though is the is this a valid question which doesn't mention philosophical

Reborn Again
Is what a valid question? You haven't asked one.

seriph
is this a valid question? is the question, thats what makes it so philosophical, its got a question mark on the end but you didn't realise it was a question.

Reborn Again
No, it's not then, because he has no statement or questionable quiry.

Player
"Is this a valid question?"

You are entangled in a logical and linguistical mesh. Your 'question' is non-sensical. It's the same as saying: "This is my answer."

Bardock42
Originally posted by peterKSL
As I've observed, you are an "angel of bad spelling"... "phillisophical" this word is not in the dictionary... So to answer your question, this is not a valid question...

- End of subject -

Dude, we got a saying in germany, "Don't throw with stones while sitting in a glass house" this applys to you.

If you don't get it....check your spelling yes

peterKSL
Originally posted by Bardock42
Dude, we got a saying in germany, "Don't throw with stones while sitting in a glass house" this applys to you.

If you don't get it....check your spelling yes

Spelling? I didn't notice any spelling mistakes... point it out...

Bardock42
I meant that in general, oh and not really your spelling, more your grammar yes

peterKSL
we, are similar somehow, because when you spell it wrong, I grammar it wrong... stick out tongue

Originally posted by Bardock42
I meant that in general,

Reborn Again
Originally posted by peterKSL

- End of subject -

The word "phillisophical" should be spelled "philosophical" wink

Storm
(Which peterKSL pointed out.)

liam k
The real question is what is the valid question about?

Reborn Again
To valid is to prove something true. To question is to question a question. I'm not sure how you can valid a question, if the question is asking for an answer that can not be resolved? Or whatever. I guess I'm not smart e'nuff to answer this question.

confused

DBZ MAN
Is this an answer? blink

T.M
It's a question.

Shakyamunison
???????????????????

debbiejo
Huh?

Atlantis001

DrDoom101
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
Is this an answer? blink The title of this thread is a question since it has a question mark.

Capt_Fantastic
You guys who frequent the philosophy forum have officially run out of interesting things to talk about!

Anytime you ask if a question is a question, and then someone starts to debate the definition of a question, you've all lost it.

debbiejo
It's a question about a question...

We are bored aren't we.

Echuu
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
Is this an answer? blink

Is this a response?

Shakyamunison
Is this a thread?

Now I know that is a question.
But that is a statement.
Yes, another statement.
And, still , another.
Will this ever end?
See, a question, I knew it was a question, I just knew it. I think?

AOR
laughing I think we all need to take deep breaths.....

DBZ MAN
lol well it worked hasn't it? your still covering the topic. but it kinda grinds your gears.

Mindship
Originally posted by seriph
is this a valid question?

why wouldn't it be?

Atlantis001
Is KMC a forum ?

Echuu
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Is KMC a forum ?

It would seem so; though threads like these make me wonder.

ewomack
Wow. That was good reading. I think the original question was an attempt at a paradox such as "Can God make a stone he can't lift?" But since the question was a question, then yes, it's a valid question. Not much more to say.

Mindship
Paradox?

This sentence is false.

Always a good one.

Beckspistol

Super Kal El
"To be or not to be?"

ImOne
"is this a valid question?"

Yes, it is a valid question. It's just odd because it refers to itself as this.

On the other hand it's not a "valid" question because the answer is worthless.

il_palazzo
I agree- there is no paradox in this at all. Its a valid question. If it weren't, then it wouldn't be answerable with a 'no', but since it is, a 'yes' answer brings no contradiction.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.