Why did the mandolorians get wiped out?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith_lord_Exar
Why do you think they got wiped out?

Darth_Nefarus
Because you touch yourself at night.

DCLXVI
Uh.....
The Mandalorians were wiped out the first time because they underestimated the resolve of the Republic in two wars: the Exar Kun War, and then the Mandalorian War.
Eventually, however, they repopulated and formed a "normal life" within the Republic, occupying only Mandalore and a few dozen colony worlds.
However.....eventually, a rogue group of Mandalorians called the "Death Watch" split from the main Armed Forces of the Mandalorians, erupting in a sort-of "civil war" within the Mandalorian ranks.
The "normal" Mandalorians won, though, and the Death Watch were pushed back into becoming nothing more than a small band of elite ex-Mandalorians.
Over many years, the Death Watch began to increase their numbers and ways of armament, however, and so eventually both sides had many casualities.
Many Mandalorians did not fight in the ranks of the Super-Commandos, living instead a peaceful life. However, the Super-Commandos were ever stretched thin in fighting the Death Watch and taking mercenary jobs to feed the Mandalorian people with some amount of wealth.

Eventually, Jaster Mereel came to power amongst the Super-Commandos and sturck many hard-won victories against the Death Watch and their leader, Vizla. Mereel was killed in battle, however, left for dead by his comrade, Montross.
Jango Fett, (descendent of the once infamous Cassus Fett), took up the mantle of Mandalore and lead the Super-Commandos to several victories.

When it chanced that the Mandalorians learned that the Death Watch were being harboured on the world of Galidraan, Jango lead what were left of his Commandos to hunt the Death Watch out for ever, while earning a credit or two doing some mercenary work.
However, when Jango demanded that the "government" of Galidraan hand over what was left of the Death Watch to the Commandos, the "government" called in a false distress-call to the Jedi Order, claiming that the Mandalorians were attacking them for no reason.
Jedi Master Count Dooku was dispatched with several Jedi. The Mandalorian Super-Commandos were all but wiped out by the Jedi, and only after did the Jedi Order discover their mistake. This was one of the factors which lead Count Dooku to leave the Order and join the Sith.

Two known Mandalorians escaped Galidraan: Jango and Silas, friends in arms. Silas was either not there, or escaped somehow. Jango escaped, wrought with fear and hatred of the Jedi, and sorrow for his lost comrades. He was eventually sold into slavery.
Years later, (I believe), Dooku searched out Fett using information he'd learnt from Silas, (who he'd "kidnapped"wink. This was how Dooku found Fett and incouraged him into agreeing to being Cloned......

If anyone wants more info, just ask......

LightSaber_Part
WOW, that was a really cool read. big grin
Thanks.smile Would love more.smile

DCLXVI
I'd be happy to oblige, so I'll get writing....
Must note though: I may get some info. mixed up, but I'm a HUGE fan of the Mandalorians and have studied them quite rigourously (sp?)....

*Ahem*:
At this time, it may be prudent of me to mention that Jango Fett was first stumbled upon by Jaster Mereel when Mereel and the other Super-Commandos were fleeing a battle with the Death Watch. The MAndalorians were hunted to Mereel's own homeworld, Concord Dawn, where the Death Watch followed them.
Jango Fett's father was a "Mandalorian", par say, for Concord Dawn had long been a colony-world of the Mandalorians, used mostly to grow food and stock for the MAndalorians. It's harsh climate didn't really allow the Mandalorians an easy planet with which to train their troops, so they made do. But many of the colonies, including Concord Dawn, had long before fallen from the grasp of the Super-Commandos, lost in some Republic hierarchy.
Mereel and his family were some of the last "true blooded" Mandalorians, for they, unlike most others on Concord Dawn, (who had bred with lesser Human blood), had stronger genes and longer lives. They could endure more pain than many others of the planet. The people of the planet were mostly of a darker skin-tone than on the other Mandalorian colonies, but this was not so with MEreel's family: they were as ghostly-white as any other in the galaxy at large.

The Death Watch showed up on the planet, hunting the Super-Commandos. Mereel and his troops hid.
Jango's father tried to stick up for the Mandalorians, for he'd seen them hiding and remembered that he too was a Mandalore, no matter how much lesser. He was killed by the Death Watch, and so too was Jango's mother, and the rest of their family.
Jango ran into the crops, which the Death Watch were lighting aflame, and he helped the Super-Commandos escape into tunnels that ran to the nearest town.
At the town, the young Jango Fett, (probably barely more than seven), was able to kill the Death Watch soldier who had killed his family. Jaster then took him as a sort-of "son", a pupil, and returned to the Mandalorian homebase with Jango in tow.....

Smasandian
Where did they locate this?

This is one reason why I love Expanded Universe in Star Wars. To give more light on small secondary character that are just as interesting as Han, Leia and Luke.
Why do you think one of my favourite book and character is Corran Horn and I, Jedi.

DCLXVI
Where did who locate what?
Me get my info.?

Smasandian
Yeah.

Bardock42
Its a comic, a great one too.

Don't forget that Jango bare handedly killed aboot half a dozen jedi.

And I think he whiped the Death Watch out after escaping from slavery.

DCLXVI
Smasandian> Like Bardock said, I got and get some of it from the Comics, (Jango Fett: Open Seasons & the Tales of the Jedi/Sith comics mostly), but also from video games, books, websites, etc.

*Ahem*:
Jango Fett fought with the Super-Commandos for probably over 20 years, still a pupil under Mereel, until the fateful battle on the world of Korda 6, when Mereel was left behind for dead by Montross....(see above for brief explanation of the battle of Galidraan).....

Before being recruited by Dooku, Fett single-handedly defeated a "Sith" named Komari Vosa, (I believe), and he also killed the traitor Montross in a duel, (see Bounty Hunter Video Game).

As said in AotC, the only other thing Jango Fett demanded other than his substantial pay for being Cloned, was one, completely unaltered Clone for himself.
This unaltered Clone would be known as Boba Fett. Jango had asked for this because he was sure that he was far beyond the age fit to have a child, and to begin to "raise a family".

For nearly ten years, Jango Fett personally trained both the Clonetroopers and his own "son" Boba, rigourously (sp?) leading them all under the ancient fighting-techniques of the Super-Commandos, (edged fimly in-place with some Echani fighting-style as well).
There were some Clones, however, who were on different levels of "independent thinking": some Clones could actually think for themselves entirely, while most of the other more "independent" Clones only had a small amount of "independent thought". These Clones could be arranged in this order:
Advanced Reconnaisance Commando (ARC) Troopers> "Jango-like", because they were the most advanced, "independent" Clones, capable of rational and "independent" thought, not only guided by the will to carry out a mission. Jango Fett initially trained 30 batches of 30 ARC Troopers.

Clone Commanders> "Nearly-Jango", because they were hand-trained by the ARC Troopers after the death of Jango Fett, and were less tampered with than other Clones. They were sometimes confused with ARC Troopers later in the Wars, because they tended to wear the same armour as their teachers.

Republic Commandos> "Nearly-nearly-Jango", because they were slightly more tampered with genetically than the Commanders. These troops should not be confused with the regular "Clone Commandos" below.

Clone Commandos> "Slow-Jango", deprived of almost all "independent" thought, though at times these slightly-less trained Commandos were known to be spontaneous.

Clonetrooper Infantry & Naval Personel> "Non-Jango", for these were the least "independent" of all the Clones. They had almost no real "minds" of their own, and would blindly follow orders no matter what.

More later, of the Mandalorians during the Clone Wars.....

Bardock42
YOu could tell a bit aboot Alpha too if you feel like it

DCLXVI
I'm not going to get into it now.....and I don't know too much about Alpha....so it'll be paraphrased.....laughing out loud

Bardock42
Well you only have to know that Alpha rocks, he is an ARC, and he was captured together with Obi Wan Kenobi and tortured for a rather long time, and then both rocked a lot, he was very much like Jango just more soldierlike.

DCLXVI
Exactly. stick out tongue
I think he was in the Cestus Deception.....right?

Bardock42
Possibly he was in many republic comics

DCLXVI
Yeah....I should be getting a few of those in the mail very soon....

Bardock42
They are great, a lot of good stories, the Quinlan Vos stories are really good, and so is the one with A'sharad Hett

DCLXVI
Hopefully so.....

*Ahem*:
During the Clone War(s), the Clones were featured quite prominently, (obviously roll eyes (sarcastic) ). However, around the time of the Clone Wars, a ragtag team of Mandalorians claiming to be the "Super-Commandos" came forth and began to fight on the side of the Republic. It was believed that somehow Palpatine had conned the local leader into selling some of his troops....

Boba Fett, during the Clone Wars, grew quite rapidly, shedding his young image and joining the Super-Commandos near the end of the Wars. He hated the Jedi, but he respected the Republic. An odd choice.
He had his dealings with General Grievous, Dooku, and even the "Jedi Hunter" Aurra Sing during the Wars, though many of young Fett's activities went unnoticed and unrecorded.

Some Clones prominently featured above others, recognized, and even honoured were:
-Alpha, the ARC Trooper
-Spar, the ARC Trooper who went Rogue
-Jangotat, the ARC Trooper with a soul
-Delta Squad of the Republic Commandos
-Boss and his squad of Republic Commandos, (see the Game)
-Clone Commander Cody, who formed a bond with Jedi Master General Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Commander Cassus, who was Palpatine's personal Clone-liason for the Clone Wars, (he died in an attack on one of the Neimoidian moons)
-Commander Montross, who died aboard one of the first Star Destroyers, (Victory-class); he'd formed a bond with Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker
-Commanders Thire and Bly, who were mostly unknown.....

Then there was the non-Clone Mandalore who had served Palpatine as one of the first Imperial Royal Guardsmen, Moran Sinn, an Admiral of the New Republic, (thought to have been killed at the Battle of Coruscant).

Pyro GOI
Cool. Post more!!! Happy Dance Can you scan some pages and post 'em? That would be sweet.

DCLXVI
There's a few sites with some good pics.....
I'll find 'em.....

Pyro GOI
Cool.

Bardock42
Here this is Jaster Mereel with young Jango its the cover of one of the Comics

Pyro GOI
Nice. I would buy some if they were for sale over here in Belgium. I once found a Clone Wars comic and bought it but that's all.

DCLXVI
I've got too many pics, so I'll just post where I got them from:
Mandalorian Warriors - Est. Long Before Your Time...
^-Some reference pics of Jaster, Montross, Jango, and others.
Check out some of the member's personal home-made Mandalorian Armour Suits as well.

Born to be 'Leet - The ARC Trooper Fan-listing
^-Got some cool ARC Trooper pics there.....

The Boba Fett Fan Club
^-Some good pics of Jango and Boba, reference, fan art, movie stills, etc.

EDIT> Try Googling, or using a Search Engine, and type in Mandalorian names for more:
Jaster Mereel, Jango Fett, Montross, Jodo Kast, Fenn Shysa, Tobbi Dala, Boba Fett, etc.

Pyro GOI
Wow. Thanks. I think you just made me a Mandolarian fan. big grin

DCLXVI
Here's a pic of Jodo Kast, (it's really a Boba Fett promo-pic, but the body has been coloured in differently using Photoshop):

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/3728/jodokastnormalarmour9av.jpg

And here's the Decipher Playing-Card Game Version:

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/8607/jodokastdefaultarmour26kb.jpg

Here's a refrence pic of Mereel:

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/6639/jastermereelreference24sv.th.jpg

And a fan's interpretations:

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/6242/jastermereeltrue14cq.th.jpg

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/747/jastermereeltrue2akiss9sz.th.jpg

^-For you mondo Star Wars geeks, he's getting kissed on the head by the actress who played Aiyla Secura (sp?) in Episodes II and III. wink

Bardock42
If you were a german speaking Belgiumperson messed well we have them over here.

And everyone should be a mandalorian fan.

Although I don'T think Jodo Kast was Mandalorian....wasn't he a faker?

DCLXVI
It's not really known, though popular belief is he was a Mandalorian, somehow related to Montross......the traitor, that is....

Bardock42
Possible, no match for Fett though...in no way....ever.

What do you know aboot Cassus though?

Oh yes and aboot Mandalore?

DCLXVI
Cassus?
Which one, Fett's ancestor, or the Clone?
And Mandalore? The First?

Bardock42
Yes both times the ones 4000 years ago

Bardock42
Mandalore even earlier I think

DCLXVI
Ah okay.....

Cassus Fett was a Mandalorian Mercenary and Bounty Hunter, (as were his descendants). He was very good, but he was eventually caught by Republic forces after sabotaging a ship for 16, 000 credits. He was put on trial, and executed - but his mysterious son carried on the Fett's legacy....

Ah, Mandalore "the First", was first seen about 40 years before KotOR during the Exar Kun War, when he banded his forces and people together, and fought for the Sith. He was arrogant, and foolish, and I believe he died at the hands of Exar Kun.

His successor, "the Second", led the Mandalorians into the Mandalorian Wars - but he was eventually killed in a one-on-one duel with Revan, the Jedi Knight, before he/she turned to the Dark Side.

His successor, "the Third", disbanded the Mandalorian Forces, and turned his armies into nothing but weak mercenary bands. He was killed by Revan on the Rakatan homeworld.

Mandalore "the Fourth", was Canderous Ordo . This Mandalore again made the MAndalorians strong, bringing together the many ragtag-clans still out there. And after the War against Darth Nihilius, Mandalore led his troops to again found Mandalore the planet, where they began to take shape as a race once more.

Bardock42
Oh really,.. does that happen during KOTOR? or where can I look that up?

DCLXVI
Mandalore "the Third" is usually killed by the Player when you go to the Rakatan homeworld and kill the Mandalorians. In fact, you have o kill him. wink
Mandalore "the Fourth", is seen in KotOR 2 as Mandalore.....

Bardock42
Oh I see, Kotor is pretty cool, I just always start over I have to play it through soon

DCLXVI
Yeah.....I've gotta' start playing 2 again soon.....stick out tongue
Oh yeah, I got most of the Cassus info. from his Gun and Armour, found in KotOR 1......wink

Bardock42
oh I see, I saw the armor but thats it, I dislike the armors of the other mandalorians though

DCLXVI
wink
Here's a comparison of Mandalorian armour done by Joe Corroney (sp?) an artist for SW: Insider:

http://img221.exs.cx/img221/5171/insidermandalorianarmor7yn.th.jpg

^-The far left is the original Mandalorian Armour during the Exar Kun War, the middle during KotOR and KotOR II, and the far-right is an image of a Mandalorian Death Watch soldier. wink

http://img221.exs.cx/img221/1868/insidermandalore8kh.th.jpg

^-Again by Corroney, a drawing of Mandalore "the First".

http://img221.exs.cx/img221/5223/insiderspar7by.th.jpg

^-Again by Corroney, this is a drawing of the Rogue ARC Trooper "Spar", who pretended to be Boba Fett.

http://img221.exs.cx/img221/1534/insiderviszla6gd.th.jpg

^-A Corroney of Vizsla, once the leader of the Death Watch.

Bardock42
Exactly, I hate all these armors, whats wrong with the good new Boba armor

Spar pretended to be Boba...how did that come aboot?

DCLXVI
I'm not entirely sure. The whole Spar situation is quite new to me. I'm not even sure when he was created. wacko

*Ahem*:
After the Clone Wars, and after Palpatine went before the Galactic Senate and proclaimed himself Emperor under the tenents of the New Order, the Mandalorians were again all but forgotten and dumped.
During the Wars, the Separatists had attacked the world of Mandalore, devastating it's cities and peoples. Palpatine promised to revive order in the sector, and to help rebuild the planet for all the Mandalorians had done.
But he lied, and Mandalore lay in decay.

After the Wars, Boba Fett travelled throughout the Galaxy-at-large, yet he eventually settled on his father's homeworld of Concord Dawn. He lived a quite normal life there, but in the end, his stay was cut short: he followed in the footsteps of Jaster Mereel to a startling degree.
Mereel had once been a Journeyman Protector on the planet, but he had been exiled for killing a fellow Protector, though the Protector was supposedly "corrupt". Well, he wasn't really exiled: he escaped his execution, and was named-in-exile.
Boba Fett did this as well, though the man he killed was indeed a corrupt official. Still, murder was murder on Concord Dawn, and Boba Fett under the name of Mereel was taken before a trial, where he uttered the words:

"Everyone dies.
It's the final and only lasting Justice. Evil exists; it is intelligence in the service of entropy. When the side of a mountain slides down to kill a village, this is not evil, for evil requires intent. Should a sentient being cause that landslide, there is evil; and requires Justice as a consequence, so that civilization can exist.
There is no greater good than Justice; and only if law serves Justice is it good law. Is is said correctly that law exists not for the Just but for the unjust, for the Just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar.
I bow to no one and I give service only for cause."

Bardock42
Where is that from? A book?

DCLXVI
Yes, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, under The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett.

DCLXVI
*Ahem*
I'm done writing about the Mandalorians like this for tonight, and I've decided to do a little more research and make a progressive essay about the Mandalorians.
I'll keep posting like I have before, but I'll also start arranging it into some sort of order....wink

Bardock42

Bardock42
Is it known how Boba got all the scars?

Pyro GOI
DCLXVI, can you post some more mando pics?

Malic Clanorian
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Because you touch yourself at night.

lmfao laughing laughing laughing

LightSaber_Part
DCLXVI Thanks!!!
really cool stuff. smile
would love more. smile (when you can get to it.)

DCLXVI
My god, it's only been one day....it seems like I haven't been on in months.....stick out tongue

Alright, I'm constantly learning things about the Mandalorians, so expect some of my earlier statements to possibly be dissavowed (sp?) later on when I learn more....

For example: I've started to read Republic Commando: Hard Contact, and I've learned quite a bit in the first two chapters already! stick out tongue

I may post some more here tonight, but I think I'll get to editing my earlier posts in Word first....I may post more pics soon....or update the links.....

DCLXVI
"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu. Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a."
-Song by Niner and Fi, two Republic Commandos, in Republic Commando: Hard Contact.

English:
"They were the wrath of the warrior's shadow, and the gauntlet of the Republic. Our vengeance burns brighter still."

Darth_Janus
Amazing. I've learned more about Mandalorians in the last fifteen minutes than I think I have any other SW subject. Boba's words at that trial, btw, are very inspiring.

Excellent research, man. Keep it up.

DCLXVI
wink
Will do......probably do the biggest updates on the weekend.....
And as I said above, I'm going to edit the posts and all the material I have on the Mandalorians, and I'll probably make some sort of "essay" on them, maybe making it a download for you guys......wink

Fëanor
ooh! can't wait

DCLXVI

MistaMandalore
You can download the music from republic commando via the lucasarts game site. Just click on the mp3 section of republic commando. The songs are sung in ancient Mandalorian. Pretty damn cool.

DCLXVI
Hm.

DCLXVI
Sorry for the double post.....
Not sure if I've posted these before:

SPOILER ALERT: The below photo is a spoiler-pic that has been leaked.
http://i147.exs.cx/img147/1418/badtothebone3of.th.jpg

^-A Clone Commander, possibly Cody, Bly, or perhaps this "Thire" we hear so much about....

http://i147.exs.cx/img147/1029/130825aa.th.jpg

^-This is a Republic Comic featuring Clone Commander Bly, who apparently stayed with the Jedi A. Secura.....notice he's wearing Episode III Clone Armour....

http://i147.exs.cx/img147/9984/clonecommanderbly6xe.th.jpg

^-This Episode III Toy is named "Clone Commander Bly" on the Official site.

http://i147.exs.cx/img147/1993/comicconbannerclonetrooper7ns.jpg

^-A Comic-Con banner featuring the Episode III Clone Trooper Armour.

DCLXVI
More:

http://i147.exs.cx/img147/429/clonepilot2xb.jpg

^-This is a leaked photo of a Clone Pilot in Episode III.

http://i147.exs.cx/img147/6537/clonetrooperaf0zr.th.jpg

^-A released pic of an Episode III Clone Trooper Toy.

http://i147.exs.cx/img147/8356/commandercodyresized8ik.th.jpg

^-I believe this to be a leaked pic of Commander Cody, resized from my sig below.

http://i147.exs.cx/img147/589/senatestormtrooper6ij.th.jpg

^-A Stormtrooper/Clone Trooper, named "Senate Stormtrooper".

http://i147.exs.cx/img147/7631/senatestormtrooperresized2dd.th.jpg
^-Resized of the above.

DCLXVI
If anybody cares, the "essay" has been put on hiatus. wink
I hope to finish it before the end of '05....wink

Darth Subjekt
DCLXVI, i was under the impression that as a sith, Count Dooku issued a challenge to a few different bounty hunters, including Jango and Montross, to kill his rouge apprentice, Komari Vossa, and thats how Jango was picked. Its from the game 'Bouny Hunter' but i thought that it went along with book story lines/movies as a back story of Jango. Do you know if any of that holds true to what you've read? Also, in the game that is, thats where Jango kills Montross, as he was hunting Jango so he would get the bounty of 5 million credits.....the whole cloning aspect of it being an added bonus. Anyway if any of this sounds familiar outside of the video game, let me know if you could. Thanks a lot man.

Darth_Glentract
The Mandalorians never get wiped out. Boba Fett reforms them and they appear in The Unifying Force. I think there is only like ten of them though. They do kill a lot of Vong even though they have a really small part and are only mentioned for about a page or so.

DCLXVI
Subjekt> Yes, you are right on all of that. I forget what I posted, but it seems I may have been not too clear, or sometimes wrong on that. Sorry.
That is the official EU story, but some other backstory on top of that was that Jango knew all this crap, etc. I'm sorry if I then forgot to mention what Subjekt did.....

Glentract> No, the Mandalorians were wiped out. Many times.
For one, after the Exar Kun & Mandalorian Wars. Then after Galidraan. In between the years of TPM until the end of the CLONE WARS, the Mandalorians had begun to rebuild themselves, however slowly. Sadly, they were almost completely wiped out in an as yet un-novelized battle. wink
And yes, Boba Fett did eventually bring them back....

Julie
they're too freakin bent on getting in a fight with everyone

Ogami Itto
I thought the Mandalorians existed in KOTOR times????

Julie
they did....but they keep getting in so many fights....think of them as the jedi..thy eebb and flow with regards to numbers

Ogami Itto
i guess after they scattered into minor factions (after that battle cando goes on about) they just fight to the death with anyone!!

Julie
yeah that kind of death wish usually gets granted

DCLXVI
ATTENTION> For all those that were/are now interested in learning about the Mandalorians, I suggest you check this out: Mandalorian Discussion Thread wink

For whatever reason you may or may not hate TF.N, this is the place to go. wink

BTW> Some of my information earlier in the thread seems to have been either mislead or disproven by the article in Insider #80. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.