Surtur VS The JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Can the JLA stop what took all of Asgard to defeat? Here are his stats:

VS.

Current JLA:

Superman
Flash
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Firestorm
Batman
Green Lantern(Kyle)
Steel
Green Arrow
Plastic Man
Aquaman
Captain Atom
Zatanna
Faith(not Dr. Fayt)

Can they stop the fiery demon that even the gods of Asgard fear?

You vote. I say Surtur will lose because not much is known about him. But I'm voting for Surtur.

pr1983
i have to wonder if surtur can control any members of the jla as he did the general public...

Sentry
Probably not, MM and Aqua's telepathy could block it out. Then again MM and Aquaman both hate fire. Well MM does, and Aquaman should be afraid of fire.

I don't think the JLA have the power to defeat him, I think the only way for them to win, is to entrap him in something. That is very unlikely though, since he is a 1000 feet tall.

pr1983
maybe, its possible...

Arachnoidfreak
Zatanna alone could whoop Surtur's ass. She's more powerful than anyone gives her credit for.

kgkg
do you know Surtur is???

Zatanna can beat Surtur ????? how throw her stick at him??

Arachnoidfreak
"Rutrus raeppasid!"

and *poof* he's gone.

She's more powerful than the entire JLA.

Do you even know what her power is?

pr1983
zatanna is incredibly powerful... maybe she can conjure something up to trap him...

Sentry
If Zatanna by herself can defeat all of Asgard, then she could probably beat Surtur. C'mon, no way she beats all of Asgard the way Surtur did. That's like saying Batman can beat Spectre. Bull$h!t.

Arachnoidfreak
You say that because you don't know what her power is.

She can make absolutely anything happen, by saying it backwards.

That makes her the most dangerous character in the entire JLA.

Sentry
I know a little. She's no Dr. Fayt or Dr. Strange... She might be able to do something.

Then again Surtur can do this: rolling on floor laughing

Arachnoidfreak
I already said what Zatanna needs to beat him.

"Rutrus raeppasid!" ("Surtur disappear!"wink

and *poof* he's gone.

Sentry
He'll open a portal and poof he's back. He has escaped imprisonment before by literally going through the shadow of death. rolling on floor laughing

Scoobless
surtur will slaughter the JLA

eleveninches
Jla will slaughter surtar

Arachnoidfreak
No, see, by saying "disappear" she isn't sending him to another dimension, she isn't sending him to another planet, he isn't going to the realm of death. It's all in the choice of words. By saying "disappear" that's it, he's gone, he's been erased from existence, like a pencil drawing is erased from paper.

The Flash
Zatanna owns.

Arachnoidfreak
Fo sho

Scoobless
she has to think of, concentrate and say whatever spell she's going to use, surter could kill half the JLA, her included, in seconds

cray z 4 sarah
surtur owns

kgkg
lol surtur will own Zanata magic like that effects rabits lol

she better at doing magic show than beating someone who ****s with Asgard Gods.

even if she can do something to if his so high in power i highly doubt she can do anyshit.

kgkg
what's the source of Zanata magic????

spetznaz
She doesn't need to concentrate.

She doesn't need to choose a spell.

She just needs to say it backwards .....once.

Voila!

That is the true power of Zatarra'z magic. She does not need to choose a spell ala Dr Fate. Even though Fate is uber powerful, and has the Helm of Nabu guiding him, he still has to go through a process. Zatarra only needs to say what she wants, backwards.

Eg, instead of saying a spell to conjure up a mystic sword, she only needs to say 'drows citsym.'
Immediate effect.

Pepito
No that makes her the stupidest character in the JLA

LordFear
dude they just said that she is at times vulnerable and she needs time to think of her spells. So u don't think that those precious minutes could be her undoing?

Pepito
Do you want to read a comic in which the only way you see the character struggle is in remembering how to say ultimate weapon backwards?

LordFear
doesn;t matter the point is she is not sure fire as everybody is making her sound. C'mon Sutur sound like he could give Darkseid a good pimp slap, so u gonna tell me Zatana is gonna kill a guy that Odin himself fears? In the immortal words of Jim Kelly "Man u guys come straight out of a comic book"

nigel45
I don't know who Surtur is so I won't comment on this battle, I just wanted to say that this is probably the most well constructed Justice League team on this board.

Scoobless
Surtur is the guy responsible for Thor getting the Odin force......... by being the guy responsible for Odin's death......... if magic could beat him then Odin would have used it

kgkg
Extactly. And Odin is A GOD king of God let say if he got beat what can Zatarra do.

Hey mebeee if you has a Zatarra vs LT Thread , Zatarra might win too huh??

Scoobless
lol !ysae si tihs siht nam ...........TL eid dna ffo kcuf
thgif a esol yllautca thgim acirema niatpac rewop siht dah levram ni eno emos fi ebyam

namrepus sisirc-erp naht rewop erom sah kcihc siht ,nam

illadelph12
laughing

Zatanna is the JLA's ultimate weapon? laughing

"odlid cimsoc repus!!!"

If that's the case, Surtur all the way.

Now, if you want to be serious, if Flash and Supes work together, they could combine Supes ice breath with Flash's Speed force abilities and freeze every inch of Surtur before he can defend himself. Considering he's a 1000 ft tall cosmic powered immortal fire demon, most conventional JLA attacks won't do jack $hit to him, but if you know his history you know his arch nemesis are the Frost Giants and he has trouble with cold.

Zatanna??? laughing

Kaerb nikcuf a em evig!!!!

Khellendros
Her power has to have some limits or the JLA would never have to do any work except keep her safe while she rambles on backwards. Besides, Surtur is being of MAGIC. No matter where her power comes from, it is still magical energy, which means Surtur is going to be able to resist it. If Zatanna actually did present a threat, Surtur would just kill her before she could form the words.

cray z 4 sarah
the only thing surtur is vulnerable to is extreme cold

K3VIL
Current JLA:

Superman
Flash
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Firestorm
Batman
Green Lantern(Kyle)
Steel
Green Arrow
Plastic Man
Aquaman
Captain Atom
Zatanna
Faith(not Dr. Fayt)

Superman:
Surtur is a demon, and a mystical being which powers rivals those of Odin.It took a tired Odin enhanced by the power of the Designate to kill Surtur, and thats an outstanding amount of cosmic/magical power.
Against an enemy like that, Superman is dead.One punch and a fire of magical fire from Surtur and Superman becomes ashes.At last he can resist a few minutes but not over.

Wonder Woman
She'll try to save Kal El from death, and then fight to death against Surtur using all his experience and powers, meanwhile

Aquaman and Martian Manhunter
They'll try a telepathic assault, but considering how powerful is Surtur, it wouldn't work.It means they have to face him physically, trying to contain him

Green Arrow
He will be helping the civilians evacuate the city Surtur is attacking.

Batman
Read above, except for helping civlians, Batman is useless here.

Steel
Surtu will reduce him to a block of melted steel and throw him into space or into the ground

Firestorm
He's pretty powerful, but onestly, Surtur powers rivals the Odin Force, FS is outmatched here.

Zatanna
Maybe she can try to banish Surtur to another dimension, obviously if her magical powers are sufficiently strong to do it

Plastic Man
Plastic against Cosmic Heat?Bad fight for PM

Green Lantern
He's probably the last chance of the JLA.If they give Kyle time, he can try to aid Zatanna into teleporting Surtur to another dimension, or to blast him to death as Odin done.

But Zatanna is not the Designate, and Kyle is not Odin, i've serious doubts he has sufficient will power to beat down this opponent.

demigawd
Man, I hate magic users so much. They're basically invincible on the boards because there's no definition to their power at all. It's like, "She's magic, she can just tap her ruby red slippers together and *insert whatever you want here*". It's debate-destroying garbage...

cray z 4 sarah
i dislike the fact that half of marvels heroes could be taken out with a bullet and like every dc character is indestructible

kgkg
marvel has a chain of Charecters from

weak to Uber

while DC

starts with Strong to Uber

lower level marvel heros (wov , spider) have more challenge i guess than say thor , superman , MM

because to make villian for those guys you whould have to make it very powerful.

Wynndar
Surtur's magic is above that in my opinion...could Zatanna say "deyortsed eb esrevinu" and have it work? no because her power is not ultimate.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Wynndar
Surtur's magic is above that in my opinion...could Zatanna say "deyortsed eb esrevinu" and have it work? no because her power is not ultimate.

Exactly. He's a being of magic who also wields cosmic energy. Zatanna ain't doing sh*t.

eleveninches
The current JLA might have trouble, but not if it were the entire JLA roster with all members ever in it

kgkg
eleveninches:
name the people that will defeat him from JLA , from what i heard Surtur has defeated the Asgard Gods himself.

With no pre time i don't see them pulling it off. With Pre TIme of course.

eleveninches
Well, kyle as Ion, or Hal at his prime, or some incarnations of superman, or some of batmans gadgets.

Or even the Justice Legion A.

eleveninches
It would be tough, but wonder woman alone has defeated gods by herself.
Pre-crisis JLA would win easily.

kgkg
how did you get IOn his not current JLA he said GL not Ion or Parralax.

hal at his prime won't do jack shit agaisnt someone who even odin fears.

this is regular superman , and Surtur is magic superman will go down in seconds.

THis is regular where did you get pre crisis.

WW isn't doing nothing either, Surtur beats God that are beyond the gods that even WW worships.

But pre Crisis whould be able to beat him , but current one is gonna get screwd in second. WHo made this thread??

eleveninches
Oh. I didnt read the first post. Against the CURRENT JLA, surtar might very well win.
But I said that they would only have a chance if it were ALL JLA members and incarnations ever.

eleveninches
Originally posted by kgkg

hal at his prime won't do jack shit agaisnt someone who even odin fears.

Hal has fought some of the most powerful beings in the universe, and that's BEFORE he destroyed the corps and merged with parallax/spectre.
Even Kyle in his rookie days managed to hold his own against solaris ( the ultimate enemy and bane of the entire future superman dynasty), and that was when kyle was really inexperienced.

eleveninches
Remember, that the asgardians are not really immortal. Thor is one of their best, and is an equal to superman. They are all dead now anyway (for the final time)

kgkg
remember Odin he can take anyone down , this guy is the stongest highfather if not one of the stongest which puts him = zues himself.

and don't tell me superman can take Odin

The Flash
You're saying Odin was taking Thanos down? Thanos was taking those hits and getting up for more. Odin can't take anyone down.

Beyonder
Originally posted by The Flash
You're saying Odin was taking Thanos down? Thanos was taking those hits and getting up for more. Odin can't take anyone down.

laughing Except Seth, Egyptian god of death. Both grew to gigantic proportions and battled. Their fight caused shockwaves throughout the multiverse. Odin grabbed him and crushed him in a bearhuge, destroying Seth.

Thanos wasn't pulling off anything on Odin except getting himself up. Aside from his intelligence, his durability is Thanos' second best asset. Unless you're saying Beyonder, Omega, Galactus, and Tyrant are all weaklings like Odin as well.

Odin is above Surtur and Ymir in power, and Surtur destroyed a burning galaxy to forge his Twilight Sword.

Beyonder
Originally posted by eleveninches
Hal has fought some of the most powerful beings in the universe, and that's BEFORE he destroyed the corps and merged with parallax/spectre.
Even Kyle in his rookie days managed to hold his own against solaris ( the ultimate enemy and bane of the entire future superman dynasty), and that was when kyle was really inexperienced.

Give Surtur the Twilight Sword.

K Von Doom
That Odin died fighting the Fenris wolf during Ragnarok should say something about their power levels. Would anyone say the Fenris wolf is equal to Surtur?

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by kgkg
Extactly. And Odin is A GOD king of God let say if he got beat what can Zatarra do.

Hey mebeee if you has a Zatarra vs LT Thread , Zatarra might win too huh??

The most ignorant post I've seen since wolverine8888 was roaming the boards.

Khellendros
Originally posted by K Von Doom
That Odin died fighting the Fenris wolf during Ragnarok should say something about their power levels. Would anyone say the Fenris wolf is equal to Surtur?
Now, but that was predestined to happen. For all we know, Fenris had a special resistance to Odin's magic.

kgkg
Thanos , is imortal , plus his so Strong that he kept getting up , that doesn't make Odin weak.

So you guys are comparing GL hal vs Odin and Hal can win??? second funniest shit i heard.

since Surtur is almost at Odins level.

Sentry
Bump

hoorayforpeepee
beyonder...who is omega? the only omega i know is red.

surtur is above odin, it took odin plus loki and one other guy (i forgot who it was, but i'm assuming thor) to take down surtur.

Wynndar
regardless...Odin and Surter are both characters that transcend physical strength possessed by JLA types....Supes, WW,MM, and GL could bang on him all day and it wouldnt do anything, he is truly indestructable against a physical threat. He would literally eat the JLA alive.

Beyonder
Originally posted by K Von Doom

? He also dies in the real mythology against Fenris right? It's one of these destined things. Your not on Beta Ray Bill's level, but hey, destiny says your going to own Odin who is leagues above Bill and Thor. Guess what, you own Odin - it's in the contracts...or stars.

Omega...
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/thanosi.htm

Adam Warlock
Bump

Soujaboy
Is this a joke? Surtur wouldn't even take notice to their attacks.

bbrem123
the JL has no chance against a being of Surturs strength

bigbran
surtur w/o the twilight sword would destroy them!

Darth Martin
JLA wins with telepaths.

Wynndar
smile

bigbran
nope, jla gets crushed.

draxx_tOfU
surtur>>>>jla
surtur w/ twighlight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jla

thedoc_j
Surtur would kill the entire JLA within a minute or two. None can harm him, they are all insects to him,his mystical power is beyond Dr. Fate, Strange and Zatanna combined. he is more powerful than odin, thanos, etc... eahc of whom could mop the floor up with the JLA 10/10.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Jla is so full of plot devices it's not even funny. One smash from the God wave would destroy surtur. Diana used it to destroy a being vastly more powerful than surtur. A nice hefty 8 minute sundip for superman while green lantern and zatanna hold surtur off is all it would take as well. Or how about MM and Aquaman amp up hal jordans will power to an infinite degree. They dont' have to use thier telepathy to attack surtur so much as they can use it to amp thier teamates will to be able to defeat surtur. Zatanna could cast a spell on her teamates that increases thier strength 100 fold for 5 minutes. So many ways. The jla has beaten menances that are vastly more powerful than surtur.

MJOILNIR
The twighlight sword is a pretty good plot device to, being able to manipulate reality and all. Morgan le fay did that with it, imagine what Surter can do with it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wouldn't we all agree that the JLA has beaten foes stronger than Surtur? If that being the case, The Jla can certainly take down Surtur. Just cuz he's some uber bad marvel villian, all of a sudden he is unbeatle. You guys would have the Avengers finding a way to beat Asmodel and his angles in less than 10 minutes. Just cuz they are mavel heroes.

MJOILNIR
Yes, they have beaten characters more powerful and lost to ones less powerful. In fact I dont think he would stomp them every fight. They may find a way to win. I think the sword of twighlight used to its fullest potential could beat most any non-cosmic character, DC or Marvel. I give credit where its due. I hate Supes yet Ive argued for him on more than one occasion. I think a cosmic being, weilding a cosmic weapon capable of altering reality will beat the JLA more often than not. Id give the same odds to any of marvels heros as well. That seems like pretty fair reasoning to me. It took the power of Odin and the Designate to take down Surter.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Yes, they have beaten characters more powerful and lost to ones less powerful. In fact I dont think he would stomp them every fight. They may find a way to win. I think the sword of twighlight used to its fullest potential could beat most any non-cosmic character, DC or Marvel. I give credit where its due. I hate Supes yet Ive argued for him on more than one occasion. I think a cosmic being, weilding a cosmic weapon capable of altering reality will beat the JLA more often than not. Id give the same odds to any of marvels heros as well.

Gog is at least as powerful as Surtur or more. And Two Superman and Two Wonder Woman were enough to at least battle him for a while. I think that Surtur was specifically designed to beat the Asgardians. With that being said, he might not be as potent against someone different. I'm not saying the Jla can beat surtur easily or even all the time. But there are ways it can be done. Each one of them at one point or another has faced beings as mighty as surtur, alone. There is a reason they are the favorite supergroup for everyone to challenge. They are simply the best. They can pull 4/10 or 6/10 against surtur

MJOILNIR
"They are simply the besteereer You accuse everyone else of marvel bias and this is what you saydoh Man Ive never accused any person on this board ever of being biased in a debate, ever! You are the first one. Thier is no doubt in my mind you are totally. absolutly biased for everything JLA. Im sorry but that "Simply the best" quote done it sad

nvrbeenwthagirl
"They are simply the besteereer You accuse everyone else of marvel bias and this is what you saydoh Man Ive never accused any person on this board ever of being biased in a debate, ever! You are the first one. Thier is no doubt in my mind you are totally. absolutly biased for everything JLA. Im sorry but that "Simply the best" quote done it sad

You think there is another Superteam in comics history that is as powerful as the Jla has been as of late? Even wizard named them as the most powerful super team in comics history. Ur taking my comment out of context. but whatever.

MJOILNIR
Out of context? No, dosnt seem like it. You constantly accuse everyone on these forums of Marvel bias. Whenever people dont agree with you that the JLA is going to win thats usually what you say. Not just that comment but many others as well. People get tired of being called biased all the time. If you want to say "Thier simply the best" thats fine and its certainly your right to do so. Your very entitled to your opinion, but when you say things like that (and useing it to justify them winning) and call other people biased because they dont agree with youeek2 ??????? That gets old. sad Im sure you can see how people would take it.

Superherovandal
Assuming WW uses the God wave Surtur is annihilated. without it they get burned. didn't you see what happened when they faced Fernus? This would be a magical fernus who is way stronger, has magic powers, and a reality manipulating sword.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Out of context? No, dosnt seem like it. You constantly accuse everyone on these forums of Marvel bias. Whenever people dont agree with you that the JLA is going to win thats usually what you say. Not just that comment but many others as well. People get tired of being called biased all the time. If you want to say "Thier simply the best" thats fine and its certainly your right to do so. Your very entitled to your opinion, but when you say things like that (and useing it to justify them winning) and call other people biased because they dont agree with youeek2 ??????? That gets old. sad Im sure you can see how people would take it.

ANd I said what I meant. ANd I just put up a challenge for someone to pick from the avengers roster, a team that could beat the jla. If they can, then I'll concede that the jla is not the best (meaning most powerful and skilled) in comics history. Tho my favorite super teams I ever read were dont laugh, The New warriors, The legion, The 9-'s xmen when they had two teams, and Xforce. When it was like domino, cable, feral and all that. The best was used in terms of power and skill. not in the best team for a good read.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
ANd I said what I meant. ANd I just put up a challenge for someone to pick from the avengers roster, a team that could beat the jla. If they can, then I'll concede that the jla is not the best (meaning most powerful and skilled) in comics history. Tho my favorite super teams I ever read were dont laugh, The New warriors, The legion, The 9-'s xmen when they had two teams, and Xforce. When it was like domino, cable, feral and all that. The best was used in terms of power and skill. not in the best team for a good read.

What the f**k? Are you serious? You can't be. Saying the Jla can defeat Surtur with the twilight sword 6-10 is like saying they can defeat all of Asgard including Odin. The Jla really couldn't even defeat Odin, considering Odin could just blink them all out of existence before they could even open there mouths.

Surtur, and Odin have destroyed Galaxies in their battles and caused shock waves throughout the multi-verse, none of the Jla have even a fraction of that kind of power.

Surtur 10/10 he blinks them all out of existence

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
What the f**k? Are you serious? You can't be. Saying the Jla can defeat Surtur with the twilight sword 6-10 is like saying they can defeat all of Asgard including Odin. The Jla really couldn't even defeat Odin, considering Odin could just blink them all out of existence before they could even open there mouths.

Surtur, and Odin have destroyed Galaxies in their battles and caused shock waves throughout the multi-verse, none of the Jla have even a fraction of that kind of power.

Surtur 10/10 he blinks them all out of existence

No one in the Jla has that kind of power? You sure about that? Orion does. WW's God wave is more powerful than Odin and Surtur combined. Hal jordan's ring can do that if his will is strong enough.

Jesse7
Seen as how in a cannon cross over, WW and 2 others defeated Surtur i'm going with the JLA.

manorastroman
notice how the most knowledgable DC advocates (val, juntai, batdude, et al) are staying out of this...

surtur 9/10

Soujaboy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
No one in the Jla has that kind of power? You sure about that? Orion does. WW's God wave is more powerful than Odin and Surtur combined. Hal jordan's ring can do that if his will is strong enough.

You really just don't get it. Surtur can shape and alter reality at a whim, he just wants WW to be gone and she's no longer there, same with Odin. Hal Jordans ring doesn't even compare to the power of the twilight sword, you might want to leave that alone.

Surtur 10/10

K3VIL
Originally posted by Jesse7
Seen as how in a cannon cross over, WW and 2 others defeated Surtur i'm going with the JLA.
What?Show me proof of it.
Wonder Woman, Hyppolita and She Hulk are showed engaging Surtur in a fight, not beating him.He could have owned them and then disappear when Krona got defeated, like all the villains.
Surtur is skyfather level, near or equal to Odin, and you believe he can be defeated from WW, her mother and She Hulk?
JLA is owned.Sword Of Twilight FTW

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
You really just don't get it. Surtur can shape and alter reality at a whim, he just wants WW to be gone and she's no longer there, same with Odin. Hal Jordans ring doesn't even compare to the power of the twilight sword, you might want to leave that alone.

Surtur 10/10

So Surturs sword is the most powerful weapon in the universe in Marvel? Surtur is a villian. And the Jla can and would find a way to beat him. They have faced beings more powerful than Surtur. No one said that the JLA could beat him in a curb stomp or even most of the time. But you have to give credit where it is due. They have beaten beings mightier than he. So it is very feasable that they can pull a victory against Surtur.

Madvillain
Surtur 10/10

hunbu04
Zatanna just need to say rutrus raeppasid and it a endgame
don't say surtur is above her magic because he is not in remember DOV special raeppa ertceps and look who appear the spectre

Soujaboy
Surtur 10/10

Martian_mind
Surtur FTW.donatello

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.