Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Round 2) - Marvel Division (correct version)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Round 2) - Marvel Division
What an amazing tournament we have on our hands! Thank you all for the great turnout you fans gave me in voting for the winner of each fight in Round 1. Only 16 Marvel/DC fighters remain after the 1st day of the Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament. Before I present to you the remaining fighters and their matches for Round 2, please take time to read the following tournament rules if you have not already done so or to reaccquaint yourself with them:

Tournament Rules (***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN CONSIDERING THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT):
1. Fighters will battle using hand-to-hand combat ONLY.
2. Fighters are NOT allowed to use ANY artificial means of improving his/her chances of winning a fight. This includes mutant powers (energy blasts, telepathy/telekinesis, intangibilty, healing, etc.), weapons and any items capable of augmenting strength, speed, fighting ability, etc.
3. Any fights that may call for an exception to Rule #2 will be decided by myself and fully explained in the post for that fight.
4. Fighters will battle in their default costumes, thus they will not have any more armor than they regularly do.
5. The fights will take place on a raised rectangular platform that is a little less than the size of a regulation basketball court, so the fighters will have more than enough room to fight.
6. A fighter can win in 1 of 2 ways: (1) Battle until the opponent says, "I give up" (2) Knock the opponent off the platform
7. Always keep Rules 1 and 2 in mind. The tournament's purpose is to determine the character who fights best when given nothing else.
8. VOTE in the polls! The only way your favorite fighter can advance is if you vote for him/her. If you only comment, but don't vote, the poll cannot tell the difference. Also, the polls will allow MULTIPLE selections, so only vote for who you think is the winner of each PAIRED fight. I will finalize the results for each round after about a day from the first posts for each round.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND I HOPE YOUR FIGHTER IS CROWNED THE CHAMPION!

Here are the remaining 8 Marvel fighters and the matches they've been paired to according to their previous slot number. Slot 1&2 winners will battle each other in the next round as will Slot 3&4 winners.

1. Psylocke vs Elektra - Psylocke will NOT be allowed to use her psychic abilities in this fight to augment her overall fighting ability

2. Lady Deathstrike vs Temugin - Lady Deathstrike version is before Mojo gave her her implants, Temugin is NOT allowed to use his 10 rings during this fight

3. Captain America vs Shang Chi

4. Daredevil vs Ironfist - Ironfist will NOT be allowed to summon his chi through his hands as it gives him an unfair strength & healing advantage

Scoobless
here's how i'm voting
Elektra beats Psylocke due to an edge in training and fighting mentallity
Temugin beats Deathstrike because of his one-ness of body, mind and spirit..... plus he is a kick-ass fighter
Shang Chi beats Captain America on the basis that he is simply a better hand to hand fighter and knows and has mastered a ton more martial art styles than Steve
Iron Fist beats Daredevil, again through superior training and unity of mind and body

azndrgn
Yup, that's pretty much my reasoning too

demigawd
Wow...I thought some of these votes would be closer so far. And part of me was expecting Cap to be leading Shang Chi. I mean, Shang Chi beat Panther by one vote. And I would have thought that most would have voted for Cap over Panther, so logically, it seemed like Cap would be owning Shang Chi. But I'm glad that's not the case.

Either way, I agree with the above reasoning for my votes, too.

azndrgn
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED SO FAR! SPREAD THE WORD! THE MORE VOTES THE BETTER! big grin

azndrgn
WOW, the winners so far are just dominating their opponents!

azndrgn
Hmm

azndrgn
Looks like the next tournament will be 2 really good matches if the 4 current winners make it through

Scoobless
i notice Dardevil is getting a few votes but i really don't see him winning a fight against Iron Fist

azndrgn
Yeah, DD is getting votes. So it'll be interesting if DD vs IF gets as close as Panther vs Shang Chi was

azndrgn
ATTENTION FANS INVOLVED WITH THIS THREAD. I WILL ALLOW VOTING UNTIL TOMORROW BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO SEE AT LEAST 20 VOTES FOR BOTH MARVEL AND DC MARTIAL ARTS TOURNAMENT THREADS.

eleveninches
Panther v Shang Chi should have been kept for later rounds, maybe even the final

azndrgn
Originally posted by eleveninches
Panther v Shang Chi should have been kept for later rounds, maybe even the final

Eleveninches, if you see this post, please refer to the post I addressed to you in the DC division thread about the random drawing of the matches. Thanks

azndrgn
ATTENTION ALL FANS INVOLVED WITH THE MARVEL/DC MARTIAL ARTS TOURNAMENT...VOTING WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED FOR ROUND 2. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF POSTING THE THREADS FOR ROUND 3. PLEASE CONTINUE GIVING YOUR GREAT SUPPORT BY VOTING ON THE POLLS IN THE MARVEL/DC ROUND 3 THREADS ONCE THEY ARE POSTED. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

Scoobless
Originally posted by eleveninches

Iron Fist is better than Panther.......... Temugin may be as well

azndrgn
THE QUARTER-FINAL MARVEL/DC MATCHES HAVE BEEN POSTED IN 2 THREADS, 1 FOR MARVEL AND 1 FOR DC. VOTE NOW!!! cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.