Justice League Ultimate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RoguePw25
I hope no one has started a thread for this show already, but you can talk about all Justice League stuff here.

punkyhermy
YYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOV THAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!I JUST STARTED WATCHING IT ON CARTOON NETWORK IN HOPES TO GET TO KNOW MY DEAR BATSY BETTER...
my favorite episode till now is maid of honor with because it was the first time i saw BRUCE!!!!walking and talking and smirking!!!!!!!!aahhhhhhhhhh!!!!BRUCE IS THE GREATESTTTTTTT!!!!and man i was satisfied!i couldn't stop grinning after it ended!!!
wonderwoman cool too.i hate hawk girl!!!and green lantern!!!!!!!!eeewww!!
supes gets wat he deserves from my batsy!"cry me a river!" and "that idiot!"(sigh)man i lov batman!!!!!! and oh yeah "you're learnng!"HA!!!!
i could go on and on!!!!
i can't wait for the episode "a better world!"two batmans in one episode,babay now the question is "can i handle it?!"nnnoooo i can't sombody stop me!!!!!!!!

punkyhermy
okay,i just realized that was all babble.... blink wink

Gregory
Let's try this again...

I've seen a bit of it. They should not have messed around with the cast for the sake of political correctness. Kyle and Hal were/are great Green Lanters; John Stewart (I think that's his name?) isn't. And Hawkgirl? If they absolutely had to add another female character (and they didn't), couldn't they have chosen a good one like Black Canary?

They also should have left Plastic Man in; he's a great character.

ANGELIQUE
I LIKE THE JUSTICE LEAGUE,I WATCH IT OFF AND ON,
MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS THE MARTIAN MANHUNTER!

punkyhermy
well ithink they added that guys as green lantern because they had to expand the audience.they just wanted a black hero that's all which i think is a good thing.but the justice league should have more female heroines.wonderwoman i have no problem with,but hawkgirls annoying.puhlease!that is not someone young girls would want to idolize!!!!!!!and why the heck are the most prestigious superheroes males?okay maybe they were thought of during a time when women just weren't considered strong enough,but they could still thinkl of a great one!!!!batgirl is ONLY a side kick!!!!!supergirl is only a sidekick!!!!
wonderwoman's good,but seriously speaking she is not a match compared to batsy and supes!!!!!!!!women can be superheroes too!and not just dumb sidekicks with obscenely revealing clothes!!!!!

Gregory
Wanting to add a black superhero is no excuse for tossing aside a great, well-established hero in favor of some third-stringer.

So what woman do you think they should have put in the show? Barda? Huntress? Zatanna?

punkyhermy
none i would say i mean come on is any of them seriously,if lightheartedly put,"cool" in anyway?!nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
so....we have a problem there
as for green lantern,i don't know much about him apart from JL.Soooo that's wat i assumed as for wat he is or is not i wouldn't know....i simply hate him and hawkgirl and want them kicked out of the league!!!

RoguePw25
well, i will admit, them having green lantern black was surprising at first, but I'm glad they have some diversity on the show.

Now, him and Hawkgirl hooking up? No no. they look sick. Is it just me?

Lobo
Don't forget Baby Plas. big grin

RoguePw25
who is plastic man?

Gregory
Plastic Man: formerly a small-time thug named Eel O'Brien, Plastic Man gained his powers durring a heist that went bad (I believe that he was shot, and the wound infected with some sort of chemical, but I could be wrong about the specifics). He now uses his powers to make up for former misdeeds.

Plastic Man's body is completely malliable, sort of like Mister Fantastic. He provides comic relief, but unlike so many other comic characters, he is actually a valued member of the team. After the Obsideon Age, he left the JLA to consentrate on raising his son, but when the JLA were faced with an enemy they needed his help to beat, he returned at urging of his son.

RoguePw25
oh, thanks for the bio. what other members would you like to see on justice league?

eleveninches
Man, I love that show. I've just started watching the episodes over the internet, and it is sooo cool.

Lobo
Firestorm was always my favorite.

http://www.arkworld.com/pete/drawings/images/firestorm.jpg

punkyhermy
u don't have to watch them on the internet!they come on cartoonnetwork!

eleveninches
I dont get cartoon network. I live in the UK, where we only get 5 channels (I dont have sky) sadsadsad

punkyhermy
but at lest u must've been BTAS!
I didn't even see that...so i'm trying to make up... happy

Gregory
One character I'm glad they didn't include as part of the Justice League in the cartoon is Aquaman. I know I'm going to anger his five or six living fans by saying this, but I, for one, do not miss him.

eleveninches
British TV is so crap. We only get 5 chanels, the rest need to be paid for by either Freeview, Cable, Digital/ Sky

RoguePw25
I know that's the truth. And did you see when they had him on the show in one episode? (if forget the name of it) He didn't even have the useless power he does have. I didn't see him using telepathy to the fishes and animals of the sea. Did you?

that was a ripoff.

eleveninches
Just how much does the animated series follow the storylines in the comics??

Lobo
Cartoon Network isn't free in the U.S. either. If you don't pay for it you don't see it.

eleveninches
Do any of the animated series episodes follow any of the comic book story arcs?

RoguePw25
Um, I''m not real sure since I don't really read the Justice League Comics. But my guess is that they do.

RoguePw25
someone said that in the new season of Justice League, they are gettin 60 new characters to join the team. Waaaaaayyy to many new people all at once.

DemonicGambit-2
Dang 60 characters?!!? blink I doubt that though, maybe throughout the series they'll have cameos of 60 characters. I want to see Superboy and the rest of Young Justice, let's have them all team up for an episode.

They follow the comics somewhat, there are several changes though. Like wise with any cartoon or movie about a comic

RoguePw25
For example, Aqua man. Did anyone see his power to communicate to the sea animals? NOt me.

I'll try to find the link about Justice League Ultimate DemonicGambit. THey actually have a pic of the 7 oriiginal league and about 60 other characters in the background.

SuperGirl is there, The Question, and GreenArrow.

shaber
OK, don't know if the rest of you have observed this, however...

What were they foisting on us in Season One? Season Two was immeasurably superior! Should I be glad of this or annoyed that Season One was so feeble?

punkyhermy
i have heard there is this season 2 finali they have made called starcrossed...
but they havent shown it on tv yet....
ok i wont spoil it for u but if u wanna know PM me...
its really cool....
im dieing to see it....
its only out abroad!!!!
its sooo unfair!

RoguePw25
oh yeah. I've heard of Starcrossed and I've seen some pics from the episode. When are the new episodes coming out???

punkyhermy
i donno!!!!!!!!!!
i really wanna say something about it!!
should i?
i will die not watching it...
its all about ......
ahhhhhhhhhhh
i dot wanna spoil it to any one..
so if u wanna know more PM me!

DemonicGambit-2
I thought it was funny when everyone thought Superman died, it's always funny to see cartoons act emotional

punkyhermy
it wasn't funny,it was what it was meant to be sad

RoguePw25
Yeah, I remember that. They kind of make Superman look like a wimp, only no sorta. For him to be the strongest man, faster than a speeding bullet . . .he's kinda slow

DemonicGambit-2
No, it struck me as funny because they're cartoons. But I don't know, maybe I'm just all demented... blink I didn't like the beard Superman had.

And quick question, why in the first episodes does Superman have those lines in his cheeks? But in the later episodes he doesn't?

punkyhermy
does he?hhmm never noticed, anyway i don't have time to tak my eyes off batsy...in front the dark night, super"red panty"man is crap!

RoguePw25
Did anyone like what they did with Aquaman?? I was disappointed. He didn't even have his power to talk to sea animals. Right a rip-off!

RoguePw25
Anyone besides me getting excited for the new episodes?? I think it stinks that we only get 13 half-house episodes next season.

DemonicGambit-2
There's going to be new episodes? blink

Well they actually didn't do much to aquaman, that's how he looks when he's older. He even looks like that now in the JLA comics

RoguePw25
Really?? I had no idea. But yeah, Justice League is renewed and there will be new episodes next season. 13 I hear.

wuTa
green arrow and the atom are are gonna be in some of those episodes

shaber
What was the word that Batman whispered to the hired gun that unsettled him so? Superman said, "you do not want to know," which naturally piqued my curiousity!"

RoguePw25
I have no clue, but me, like you, so wanted to know what is was!

eleveninches
I hope they replace john stewart with hal or kyle for the new season.

RoguePw25
hal or kyle??? Who are they?? the old Green Lanterns??

eleveninches
they are the best of the green lanterns (hal is actually the best, whereas kyle is the coolest).
John stewart was never great as a green lantern in the comics.

One thing is strange though. Hal actually wiped out the green lantern corps and then kyle got his ring and became the last green lantern.
However, in one of the cartoon episodes, the GL corps still exists, and Kyle Rayners name is mentioned as somebody that was being trained by one of the GL corps.

DemonicGambit-2
Well the green lantern corp was wiped out but the 'watchers' were still alive, they died while Kyle was a lantern. Then the all except for one of the 'watchers' died, and Kyle brought all the others back to life when he was ION

OH and another thing that's been bugging me! How come on Superman Adventures or what ever that cartoon show was they had Kyle as the Green Lantern, yet on Justice League, it's John? They made it seem like they were setting Justice League after Superman Adventures

RoguePw25
I have even a better question: How come in Superfriends they have yet another Green Lantern?? Just wondering also.

I dunno DemonicGambit. The only reason I can see is that they wanted to have some diversity in the cast.

wuTa
thats exactly the reason...the producers even said thats one of the main reasons but c'mon...i dont think jon stewart is that bad.....i actually think they use him pretty good with his military background....they playoff that pretty good

eleveninches
i still think it would be a good idea to replace him in the 3rd season

RoguePw25
I don't! I like John Stewart too and I think that they have some diverse characters too.

VenomVA
I hate this superman's voice it sukcs compared to the one from Batman/Superman and Superman: Shadow of Apokolips (PS2 game).
His voice was alot better!

Good choice getting Michael Rosenbaum (sp) from Smallville to do Flash's voice.

And I'm soooooo happy they kept Kevin Conroy to play Bruce/Batman....he has the BEST VOICE OF ALL!!!!

eleveninches
I hope they have some better villains in season 3. The season villains totally sucked. The only decent ones in season 2 were doomsday and that time travelling guy.

RoguePw25
I love Batman's voice too. It suits him so well. I hate it when they have characters, really good characters, then they speak and it's like. . .what??
But Batman's voice is good.
And I like Wonder Woman's too.

Yeah, they HAVE to have some better villians this season. If I see Luther one more times, I don't know what I'm going to do.

What about the Legion of Doom??

RoguePw25
I hear it's premiere date is soon. Anyone know when??

snoopy43
Justice League has ended. Beginning in August it will be Justice League Unlimited. It takes place about 50 years in the future. New heroes. No Batman or Superman.

RoguePw25
I thought that Batman and Superman were still in. Why not??
I didn't know that it was 50 years into the future.

punkyhermy
New Series: MORE BATMAN, MORE BATMAN QUOTES,MORE OF BRUCEY,MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!YEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing laughing big grin happy rock

Stealth Agent
Hi all I just saw a commercial last night where there wre lots of super hero's standing there and then it said just leage coming on (can't remeber date)

Stealth Agent
*justice league

punkyhermy
JULY 31!!!!!!
CAN'T WAIT!

RoguePw25
Yes. New episode Tonight!! I 'm so excited.

PHANTASM
I LOVED IT!!!!I LOVED BATMANlove SCENES!!!

RoguePw25
oh geez, I was over to my friends house and missed it. What happened?

PHANTASM
Well Green Arrow joined the team.And batman had two scenes!!!love

RoguePw25
Did you get to see any of the other characters??

Punkyhermy
We saw superman,Green lantern, Martian Manhunter.Supergirl...the rest I don't remember...

RoguePw25
whoa. The whole gang was there then.

Punkyhermy
BATMAN WAS THE BEST !!!! love happy

RaventheOnly
It was really good but i didn't like the rock they threw in... it just didn't fit the animation.

Punkyhermy
The monster u mean?
I know!
It was ridiculous to have that as a villan!!!
what were they thinking?!

Punkyhermy
I LOVED 'FOR THE MAN WHO HAS EVERYTHING'!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WAS SO EXCITED AT THE END!!!!!!!!!!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT WAS SOOO GOOD TO SEE LIL BRUCEY!!!!!!!!

VenomVA
So how many Seasons are there of just "Justice League" 2 or 3?

Punkyhermy
hhh... JLU is the 3rd JL season...
teh last episodes will feature Batman Beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO
OOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoguePw25
I can't believe that I haven't seen a single Ultimate episode! That stinks! I've got to start catching it

OB1-adobe
I'm starting to get sick of that show real fast. Every episode is full of all these characters that come and go in a flash, and you never see them again for another 5 episodes. Your left desiring more, because its over in a half hour, and then the next episode comes along and we start all over again with a bunch of people we don't know. Speakin of flash, I havn't heard him talk all season. I am really afraid this awsome show has just ran its dick into the dirt no thanks to the suits runnin the show.

Joker1237
Well, I heard Joker will not be on JLU, He was on Batman TAS, A water down Joker was on TNBA, He was also on Superman TAS, and on JL.

That is a long list of series that he appear in, It would be a shame if he does not show up on JLU.

If there is Batman, there has to be the Joker.

VenomVA
I agree, I want Joker and I want to see more Batman and Flash!!

Punkyhermy
Agreed

RoguePw25
I know what you mean!! i wish that they could have gotten like, 3 or 4 new characters to join the team instead of like 60+ people. You see Green Arrow in on episode and you're like, wow, I like him, then you go 3 episodes later and he doesn't show up again. It's like .. what???

VenomVA
I missed JLU last night....was there a new episode or rerun?

VenomVA
when are they showing more NEW episodes?

RoguePw25
good question. The new season runs out in November, so I guess their showing one each Saturday. . ..how sad though, I STILL haven't seen a new episode.

VenomVA
Damn, no new episodes yet? *frown*

JLred
I looked and I didn't find it so I made this thread. Ok here is about tonight's episode The episode starts off with a man in an odd suit. It's in the future. His wife walks in the basement and looks at the "supposedly" junk which is actually many artifacts like the magna carta and cleopatras comb.well yeah his suit is a time suit. she gets mad at him for not stealing jewels and such. He leaves through time. In the watchtower present time theyre talking about stuff. Green Lanturn and Batman talking about Hawk Girl and Wonder Woman. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Then they all get up Wonder woman, green lanturn, and batman and walk somewhere to see whats going on and they see the time traveler trying to steal batmans utility belt but he opens portal and leaves they follow him in.THey go to past western time June 12,1987. They beat up these guys and take thjeir clothes. Go to bar sees two guys playing poker weird thing though one has 4 a's and a king while the other has 4 king's and 1 ace. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah anyways the sheriff bad guy takes out a futuristic gun while the other has a pistol. Yeah so they meet up with the pistol guy and some other good guys and the time machine guy. His invention was stolen By the sheriff. He makes a deal with them to pay his time. They find his hideout and sneak in after fighting robots and dinosaurs and stuff they stop the guy. Batman is holding the thing when the time machine guy says "lemme help you" or something like that and it zaps batman. He grabs it and opens up a portal and goes to the future. They follow.They see clowns from Batman Beyond. Then a strange man with wings, old static, and batman beyond are all their fighting them. When man with wings looks at GL and says "DAD" and it ends with GL face suprised
If you read it cool huh?

Dazzler619
Just saw it 3 hours ago.Tonight's episode rocked

Xanatos
ok is seriously think this show sux. i mean its totally un even. theirs like 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
good guys

vrs to a few bad guys, now i hate when ppl come in to a topic labled somethig they dislike and then rant about so im gonna stop, but seriously whats so great about it.

JLred
I don't know......cry........for some reason it just makes me wanna see it....it's a conspiracy.....to stop US.....I just like all the different superheroes.......yup

RoguePw25
I hate that this show only had 13 episodes! We needed more to the series.

RoguePw25
Actually there's a thread about this a few posts up. big grin

Justice League Unlimited
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f36/t32883.html

mechmoggy
Thread merged.

JLred
I had no idea they merged I was checking eveywhere for it. Thank god I checked thius one. Wooh!!

liam k
when the hell does the series after starcrossed get on british tele is really pissing me off. someone give me info!

OB1-adobe
Hi fellow comic book fans, isn't new episodes of JLU supppose be coming soon?

Also, I wasn't a big fan of this show, but I think I heard that Teen Titans got cancelled?

Does Cartoon Network not know good shows when they see them?

grey fox
Teen titans is not getting canceled but is ending at season five , and it was necessary . It was starting to seriously go down the gutter....

OB1-adobe
I hope Justice League has a kick ass ending. Like a 5 parter or something.

Cartoons haven't done that since Turtles/transformers/G.I joe days.

After almost 15 years, like 200 and something episodes, and 4 movies. I think the the DC animated universe deserves a steller ending.

Not like:" oh well that was fun, we'll just have the last episode be a story how the flash can't stop eating"

Tron
I don't see JLU ending anytime soon. Bruce Timm will be pulling episodes out of his ass til the moment he dies before he lets that happen. They'll probably try pulling off a 6-episode series finale at some point, then Timm will say "screw this, we'll go for another season", and that'll happen about every two seasons, lol.

Teen Titans was good, but I'd rather see them brought into JLU continuity at some point, especially Deathstroke (and not Slade, as badass as he was), I think they'd be able to do more with them that way.

TwisterGameX
They said it got pushed back until april and yes that and teen titans are getting cancelled. Jlu might have a chance..slim

Tron
Yeah, too much fanbase in JLU, it ain't going anywhere for as long as they can push out good episodes. Worse case scenario, if it starts getting dull, they go back to basics and focus on single heroes and their villains again.

Uberking Robert
JLA/JLU sucked. It was full of feminism, it was too politically correct, it had too many strong women, it didn't seem right, the characters weren't accurate enough to the books, the "caricature" style of artwork for the animated DCU is retarded (all the male characters have really huge chests and jaws, tiny ankles/wrists and virtually no detail on their bodies).

Paola
Bruce Timm is god and the only reason why I like JLA/JLU...

moving to tv forum...

Magee
It is always good seing you're favourite comic book chars animated which is why I love JLU. However they need to up their storylines, the JL more often than not fight cosmic villians and all we really get on the show is the earth based ones. If TT is being cancelled I think it would be a good idea to get them in the JLU series, adding Superboy and kid Flash to the line-up would make for an excellent show lol.

manjaro
i read in wizard that they will be pulling epsiode ideas from actual comics in the future so i give it a good 2more seasons b4 they weigh wehter or not the wanna cancel

Darth Macabre
See JLU opened up so many options. Now you have the individual stories of the other heroes that could turn out to be pretty good episodes.

MrHeavySilence
It's already been cancelled. There's no chance for it to come back.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
It's already been cancelled. There's no chance for it to come back.

Its not necessarlly canceled.

Knowing Bruce Timm and his crew they will release the majority of the episodes, but they will revisit it.

Hell they are putting out a new Animated Superman movie based during STAS era.

If Justice League will be cancelled they will give it a stellar finale. Like a movie or sumpin

Thorin
well i didnt like either, but still watched if nothing good was on, and they made superman a fvckin pussy.

Black Rob
i cant believe JLU is over... sad

badabing
Is there going to be a DC show that will be replacing JLU?

Black Rob
Originally posted by badabing
Is there going to be a DC show that will be replacing JLU? i dont think so,however they will have a Fantastic 4 show out soon.

lovelymissphoeb
Do you guys know of the OLD Justice League? I remember just a few of them - Got another flashback when I found part of an episode on an old taped tape!

Tron
Originally posted by lovelymissphoeb
Do you guys know of the OLD Justice League? I remember just a few of them - Got another flashback when I found part of an episode on an old taped tape!

Season one of the original Justice League is already out. Season two will be out next Tuesday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.