Why is Chewbacca in Episode III?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

awain
It's not that I don't want Chewbacca in Episode III, I think he's a great character, but it just seems that George Lucas is trying to put every orginal chararcter into the prequels as possible, besides, what's next, Han Solo's one of the Jedi younglings.

Sadako of Girth
The answer to your question is in your first sentence.
Hes a great character. Besides GL wanted to do the Kashykk thing as early as ROTJ, but couldn't see way of doing it back then.

PVS
its not so bad.
besides, it explains why kenobi puts so much trust in chewie in ep4.

Sadako of Girth
yes

Captain REX
That, and how he even knew him.

cylob49
I dont think Chewie comes into contact with Obi in Ep3 and if ALL wookies are slaves by the time of EP 1V how come the stormtroopers dont take Chewie away?

Captain REX
No, but Yoda would have told Obi-Wan of Chewie, perhaps...

Not all Wookiees, btw. Chewie was a free fuzzball, thanks to Han.

cylob49
thanks

Captain REX
Np, I have no life. stick out tongue

Imaginary
Rex, none of us do stick out tongue

Captain REX
Thank you for that confirmation, Imaginary. wink

Happy Dance

Imaginary
Call me Imag smile

PVS
why dont you get a name change then imag stick out tongue

Captain REX
Thank you for THAT confirmation, Imag. wink

iMag...hahaha...new from Microsoft...read magazines on your iMac or iPod... stick out tongue

Imaginary
Mlerghyn! cry

PVS I reckon you should change yours to Percival Vernon Smith...stick out tongue Just because it's been months doesn't mean I've forgotten.

Captain REX
blink

Imaginary
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

PVS
dont ask rex

Captain REX
You're doing that just to annoy me now! stick out tongue

Imaginary
I definitely am yes

Originally posted by PVS
dont ask rex

PERCY eek!

PVS
crybaby

Imaginary
Aww don't cry Perce... have a lollipop wink

Captain REX
Where's mine? stick out tongue

Imaginary
Perce is special, you don't get one... you get ice cream instead stick out tongue

Captain REX
If it's cinammon flavor, that's fine... stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by awain
it just seems that George Lucas is trying to put every orginal chararcter into the prequels as possible

Your ignorance and pompous attitude appalls me

cylob49
I wouldve like to have seen at least 2 more orig trilogy members in this movie........and why not.

awain
Originally posted by Imaginary
Aww don't cry Perce... have a lollipop wink

Hey, we're suppose to be talking about Star Wars... not crying over lollipops for God sake!

Imaginary
It's called THREAD DERAILMENT... you see it and then get over it.

BAILY
You are hijacking all the threads here in the ROTS spoilers section kiddo... you not spoiler free now??

Imaginary
I am, to a degree. I'm not gonna chuck a hissy fit if I find a spoiler by accident, but I'm not going out of my way to find them either. As for hijacking the threads, I can't help it stick out tongue

astrofan428
Wait so as much as you post you are actaully trying to avoid spoilers.

Then I shouldnt tell you that............just kidding, good luck.

bilb
Rexxy, give us all your MSN msgr info at TRA & you wont be in the dark anymore... stick out tongue

Captain REX
stick out tongue

I've been slightly too busy to be doing anything on the computer...yesterday was an exception seeing as I was sick...

bilb
No fair.. you have a life?

Cheesiness
Originally posted by PVS
dont ask rex

bangin

Captain REX
Don't ask me what? sleepy

mossman
Well, the way I see it - Chewbacca is already established as a 200-year-old character in the OT.
Obviously, the events of the PT had dire consequeces for the whole galaxy.

Chewie was alive to remember the Clone Wars.
Even before the PT was written, Chewie's established age made this a fact.
IMO, it is better that Chewie be shown in this context in ROTS - better him than Han, Lando etc etc.
It makes sense to see the Clone Wars and the formation of the Empire influencing a species we know from the OT.
It gives us an anchor.
Otherwise we just get to see battles on Saleucami, Mygeeto, Felucia and Cato Neimoidia.
Where?
Exactly.

Personally, I don't really see the problem...

Besides - the struggle between the primitive Wookiees and the technological Empire was the battle Lucas had always wanted to bring to the screen, from way back when SW as we know it was still a twinkle in the flannel one's eyes.
Okay, so that battle is not quite what we are getting, but I'm sure it will be fantastic - it is a real labour of love.

guiro72
part of me likes to see ot characters in the pt.....part of me worries that it's forced and tacky (anakin building 3p0, greedo, jabba etc.).....in cas4 anyone wasn't aware, there's a recent rumour saying they attempted to put han in ep3 but couldn't pull it off and cut it.....kinda glad they did....i was worried about chewie in this film to start with, but i'm relieved to say it seems to make sense to me, and doesn't feel jarring at all really.....why wouldn't yoda be fighting on kashyyyk?.....very relieved....

SithSpy
I never really thought about it but PVS is exactly right about the Obi trusting chewie thing, Lucas did say that there are alot of things that we may not have noticed in the OT that we will look at diff. after ep.3, this could easiily be one of those things, and although obi and chewie never came in contact if chewie helps to save yoda im sure yoda told obi off screen

X-FAN
If we are going to see Kashyyyk and Wookies, then Chewy belongs in EP3! Although the person I'd most like to see from OT is Tarkin.

Sadako of Girth
Amen to that....!!!!

Darth_Nefarus
The most obvious reason Chewie is in it is because Wookies rip peoples arms out of their sockets when they lose. The clones turn on them and they lose...
Now picture an angry Chewbacca, and the best wookie warriors around, with Master Yoda coming toward you.
God that battle will be sweet.

Sadako of Girth
yes We've already seen the concept pictures of them ripping the TF battledroid's arms out of their sockets,so I believe that this is what we will be seen in Ep3, whether or not we see Clone arms going flying will be interesting indeed... I hope we DO see it....

http://img189.exs.cx/img189/3393/77122sl.th.jpg

http://img189.exs.cx/img189/5669/77135hk.th.jpg

Malic Clanorian
it will be ripping good fun!

guiro72
strange, but one of the first things i ever thought all those years ago, after hearing that they were making the prequels was "y'know, it would be so easy to make out like obi wan and chewy knew each other"......also because i knew that chewy was 300 (some say 200), and yoda was 900, that there would be no problem fitting these 2 characters in.....i wasn't a spoiler hound then, i didn't even have the internet, but i got on someone else's once, very early before phantom menace came out, and the one spoiler i read was that "there were plans to include chewbacca and the millenium falcon in the prequels", i'm pretty sure that they also mentioned han in that list.....at this point that was pretty much the only spoiler in existance, it was that early in the game......

Miss_Faye
True. Very true. But nonethless S.W. still rules.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.