build an X-team to take out the JLA!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
Here's the JLA lineup:

Superman
Flash
Martian Manhunter
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern
Aquaman

Build an X-team to take these guys out, if you can.

You are limited to 12 X-characters.

cray z 4 sarah
Nate Grey, Dark Phoenix, Godlike Iceman, New sun Gambit, Rachel Grey summers, Proffeser X, Godlike Cable, Magneto, Havok, Storm, Magma, Rogue

Alpha Centauri
Chamber, Marrow, Ice-Man, Shadowcat, Sage Tessa, Cannonball, Magma.

-AC

Mainstream
Originally posted by cray z 4 sarah
Nate Grey, Dark Phoenix, Godlike Iceman, New sun Gambit, Rachel Grey summers, Proffeser X, Godlike Cable, Magneto, Havok, Storm, Magma, Rogue add Legion and this team could do it and have Professor x walk for the love of god!! sad

Scoobless
Nate Grey, Dark Phoenix, Godlike Iceman, New sun Gambit, Rachel Grey summers, Proffeser X, Godlike Cable, Magneto, Havok, Storm, Magma, Rogue

Dark Phoenix................. alone, blindfolded and with one hand tied behind her back

but if we're talking about the regular versions of the characters:

Phoenix
Storm
Nate Grey (when he was alive, obviously)
Ice-Man
Cannonball
Joseph
Colossus
Rogue
Quicksilver
Wolverine
Long Shot
Havok

if we're allowed non X-men X-characters the Magneto, Apocolypse, Sinister and all the other uber powerful guys that should have killed them by now

Mainstream
and cable.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mainstream
and cable.

yeah, but i was only allowed 12 characters and already had 2 powerful psionics

Mainstream
oh yeah..but isn't god like cable a better choice than Nate Grey...I would think anyway.

demigawd
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Chamber, Marrow, Ice-Man, Shadowcat, Sage Tessa, Cannonball, Magma.

-AC

And Storm, right? wink

(hey, this new quick quote feature is bad-ass)

Mainstream
sure why not? after all storm is Black and she's proud...and powerful.

Scoobless
oh yeah..but isn't god like cable a better choice than Nate Grey...I would think anyway.

i was going with the normal versions of the characters with no short term upgrades

Scoobless
sure why not? after all storm is Black and she's proud...and powerful.

plus she's hot......... you know.............. for a drawing anyway.......... embarrasment

Mainstream
indeed buddy boy. indeed.

stormfront13
imo phoenix, emma frost, storm, magma, callisto, cable, colossus, sage, xavier, ice- man, rogue, and stacey-x

demigawd
Stacey-X? What role would she play?

stormfront13
well she can really hurt people just by touching them. a few times she just made everything go crazy in someones body and they doubled over in pain and were throwing up all over the place and couldn't fight

eleveninches
Originally posted by demigawd
Here's the JLA lineup:

Superman
Flash
Martian Manhunter
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern(hal Jordan)
Aquaman

Build an X-team to take these guys out, if you can.

You are limited to 12 X-characters.
Hmmm.

Nate
Cable
Jean (w/phoenix force)
Rachel (w/phoenix force)
Magneto
Joseph
Xorn1
Xorn2
Legion
Proteus
Forge
Gambit

eleveninches
Godlike Iceman
How could ICE MAN ever be godlike???
He controls ice. He isnt even the personification of ice. He doesnt have control over reality . He Cant ever be godlike

Draco69
Phoenix and Phoenix. All Done.

demigawd
Originally posted by eleveninches
How could ICE MAN ever be godlike???
He controls ice. He isnt even the personification of ice. He doesnt have control over reality . He Cant ever be godlike

Iceman has the ability to control the speed of water molecules anywhere within some unspecified range. That includes water molecules inside the human body. That means freezing someone from the inside out.

stormfront13
then couldn't he take out almost the entire JLA by himself

kgkg
no he will get killed before he get's the chance.

but phoenix will cream all of JLA by her self with no effort

demigawd
Any JLA supporters wanna step up and challenge these teams?

stormfront13
k with my team(phoenix, emma frost, storm, magma, callisto, cable, colossus, sage, xavier, ice- man, rogue, and stacey-x)
I say x-men win.

all the telepaths gang up on mm taking him out. ice-man and magma work on flash and aquaman. storm and colossus and storm try to take down wonder woman while callisto and stacy take down batman. cable is the only telepath not workin on mm and he goes for supes. he reads supes mind and makes him think he is surounded by kryptonight. then he uses his telekinesis to try and knock him out. magma realizes that there is one guy left , green lantern and battles him. mm is taken down and sage goes to help stacy and callisto take out batman. after he is done callisto, stacey, and sage helps storm and colossus take out wonder woman. after a long battle wonder woman goes down. then storm helps ice man finish off aquaman. now there is a weakened superman and a weakened green lantern VS my x-men team. all the telapaths work to take down superman while the others take down the GL- imo my x-men win

Scoobless
the X-Men's biggest strengths have always been their psionic members....... without them the Justice League would squash them, with them they will win

Draco69
Sorry but your team would lose. Flash going at lightpeed. Magma, Callisto, Cable, Sage, Xavier, and Stacy-X all go down in a picosecond. Colossus loses to either Aquaman (telepathic stroke), or anyone else really. Emma Frost (assuming she's in her diamond form BEFORE the battle) would get taken out by GL. Storm gets knocked out by a faster than sound WW.

The only one left would be Phoenix. I'm leaning on the JLA.

Scoobless
well my team included nate grey, flash couldn't touch him through his TK shield and he'd be able to take down most of the JLA solo

azndrgn
Cool thread. It's always good to let the fans choose who they want on a team

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Draco69
Phoenix and Phoenix. All Done.

JLA could take down phoenix alone it would be an epic battle but they could pull it off. And 12 vs 7 doesnt sound fair to me.

kgkg
JLA could take down phoenix alone how.

Phoenix can distroy a Galaxy she will fry everyone in second.

Please tell me how JLa will beat her.

HAHAHA

Scoobless
Originally posted by Hegemon875
JLA could take down phoenix alone it would be an epic battle but they could pull it off. And 12 vs 7 doesnt sound fair to me.

it is when you consider who these 7 are

kgkg
people here don't know the power of the Phoenix

Alpha Centauri
I was joking about my team.

-AC

Hegemon875
Have they not faced threats on the same level as the phoenix?

RSSR
Dark Phoenix, Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, Cable, Ice Man, Magneto, Joseph, Northstar, Longshot, Havok, Gambit, and Juggernaut

Hegemon875
ok hold on are we talking post or pre crisis JLA?

GalacticStorm
Storm, Cable, Rogue, Joseph, Phoenix,Juggernaut, Sage, Rachel Grey, Iceman, Northstar, Bishop and Lifeguard

Khellendros
Ooooh goody, putting together assassination squads for the JLA!

Superman - New Son

Flash - T-O virus free Cable.

Martian Manhunter - Shamanic Nate Grey

Batman - Callisto with tentacles and Wolverine

Wonder Woman - Psylocke with full TK and shadow walking abilities, Banshee

Green Lantern(hal Jordan) - Bishop, Polaris, Joseph(magneto clone)

Aquaman - Emma Frost, Chamber

demigawd
post-crisis JLA. If you were wondering.

No JLA supporters taking on the challenge, I see. I guess all these teams whoop up on them.

eleveninches
Originally posted by demigawd
Iceman has the ability to control the speed of water molecules anywhere within some unspecified range. That includes water molecules inside the human body. That means freezing someone from the inside out. Controlling water molocules does NOT make you a god.

You silly goose.

Joker1237
Too many teams to relly, think of, give us time, lol, I do think its a bit unfair of 12 vs 7.

demigawd
Originally posted by eleveninches
Controlling water molocules does NOT make you a god.

You silly goose.

I didn't say it did. But it makes you awfully powerful if you use it right.

K3VIL
It's me or i sense a lot of hate against the JLA on this section of the forum?

Pepito
Cable, Nate, Xavier, Colossus, Wolverine, Phoenix, Hvok, Magneto, Iceman, Dazzler (with a recording of Blackbolt's voice)

cray z 4 sarah
iceman was never actually a god but recently he did get a superpower upgrade he can now control water molecules using them in several ways such as increasing his size, shape, strength (he once became nearly the size of a small mountain) freezing people from the inside out, and reforming after being shattered

Hegemon875
Originally posted by K3VIL
It's me or i sense a lot of hate against the JLA on this section of the forum?

its not just you there is a lot of hate towards DC in general.

JWangSDC
LoL there's no hate towards DC.

I think DC is a kind of paradox....Their heroes are generally stronger except cosmic entities. Their cosmic entities suck. All their heroes up until around Hulk/Thor level are great...but who in DC (post crisis) has the power to stand up to Silver Surfer? Thanos? GALACTUS?

No one really... Of course you get all these DCophiles who will say darkseid is more powerful than thanos etc etc...

Once upon a time buddy... once upon a time is my response. Darkseid is currently getting beat by Superman, he's only Classic thor level now. Surfer or Thanos will hand Darkseid (the way he's currently written and portrayed) his ass. Of course the great thing about darkseid (I am a HUGE Darkseid fan) is that he's as smart as batman. I've always loved him because he was the strongest physical villain, but he never goes head to head...he schemes.

Anyway, characters like phoenix and the "God-Like" X-men are going to hand all of the JLA their ass. the "god-like" xmen...they don't really have a name, it's just their powers to the max. Gambit controlling all kinetic energy...kinda ridiculous no? Ice man controlling the speed of water molecules? Who's gonna stop him.

DC has also always been kind of ridiculous with super-speed. They have guys running around @ labout lightspeed and reacting with the same quickness. That makes no sense...how does Superman ever get hit in the face? A punch should look like an ant crawling towards him even if it's coming from someone as mighty as Darkseid.

You say people here hate on DC? I say people here give DC way too much credit in the power department. Sure genereally speaking they are WAY more powerful, but Marvel has it's characters too. Marvel just portrays a more real world. That's why I loved JLA/ Avengers so much...I thought it did such a wonderful job of bringing out the differences of each world.

demigawd
Originally posted by JWangSDC
LoL there's no hate towards DC.

I think DC is a kind of paradox....Their heroes are generally stronger except cosmic entities. Their cosmic entities suck. All their heroes up until around Hulk/Thor level are great...but who in DC (post crisis) has the power to stand up to Silver Surfer? Thanos? GALACTUS?

You know, I used to think that too, but then I discovered that while DC's cosmic beings are weaker than their Marvel counterparts, cosmic beings DON'T occupy the highest levels of power in the DC universe. Holy/biblical beings do.

So who stands up to the Surfer? Thanos? Any number of angels/demons can take them out. Who takes out Galactus? Spectre, or the higher level angels.

So overall, even at the top levels, DC characters have the greatest power.

Someone posted a DC power hierarchy - I was surprised to discover that regular Superman barely cracked the top 100.

JWangSDC
Oh yeah, I saw that too and was wondering about that...I guess i'd need a better understanding of them

eleveninches
In the top 100 list that 'Never' posted in 2004, superman prime only made #84 in the list of 100 Most powerful DC beings. And more have been introduced since then.

Swanky-Tuna
My team to take out the JLA would be:
Dazzler
Jubilee
Strong Guy
Gambit
Squidboy

eleveninches
/\ yes
It would be jsut as effective as any other X-team against the JLA

LordFear
twelve huh???
Here we go
Logan(feral state though, I mean the original savage one)
Sabertooth(both combined are formidable killing machines)
Charles X Cable
Bishop Havok
Iceman Phoenix
Rouge
Nightcrawler
Psylock
Juggy

Mainstream
how about this god like cable..boost up the powers of 11 xmen and they fight the JLA.

jffxex1980
<YAWN> This isn't even a fight! This is a bloodbath! Phoenix alone can annihilate them without even breaking a sweat, plus you're throwing in X-man?!?!?!? <SIGH> Sure, Flash can move extremely fast but telepathy moves at the speed of thought. No contest. Here's my scenario

JLA and X-Men are facing each other. Jean looks at 'em and raises her eyebrow. JLA blinks and backs and flies aways.

jffxex1980
My X-Men team:

Professor Xavier (with cerebro)
Jean Grey (Phoenix Force)
Emma Frost (also with diamond power)
Rachel Summers (Phoenix Force)
Nate Grey (Full power)
Cable (without the techno virus)

Ask yourself, does JLA really stand a chance in a roomful of telepaths? Superman and Flash are fast but the speed of thought is transcends through time, space, and matter. MM is bagged. What chance does he have against 6 of the most powerful telepaths in marvelverse? WW, she's brain dead before she could even pull out her lasso, Emma can play for hours with mind while Jean telepathically reduces his thought process to the equavalent of a three year old while puking and shitting on himself simultaneaously. Batman's synapses are fried; he'll be reciting my little teapot for Xavier, Hawkman and Hawkgirl....ever seen two birds fly wingless? Nate grey can telekinetically pull their wings off.

rougeredmage
Magneto--- all round strong hero? has cool powers

Juggernaught-- we all know he isnt as strong as supes but who cares

Sunfire-- probibly the most powerfull pyro the xers had. and coudlnt keep

Multipple man-- usefull to have around could beat batman

Mimic -- only thing he couldnt mimc would be the ring and WW band things

Cyclops
Havoc
beast
Colosus
Polaris
storm
(the other guys )

K3VIL
Has Dr. Manhattan ever been a member of the JLA?Cause if it's so he can show the X-Men and the X-Fanboys something about power.
D.C. is a paradox?
I can say Marvel is a paradox too.
How can a guy like Spider-Man defeat the "Unstoppable" Juggernaut, how can Hulk win against every character the fanboys doesn't like to beat him?Cause they are write in a crap way sometimes.
Just cause D.C. is full of powerhouses, doesn't means it's a paradox.
It's just written in that way.And as a fan of both Marvel and D.C. i can also add in a fantastic way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.