Ground Squibs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

elementdeltaX
Hey guys does anyone know how to make inexpensive ground squibs. I'm doing a scene where the character is running from enemies who are firing at him and i am running low on ideas for showing the shots hit the ground behind him as he runs. All suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
elementdeltaX

bilb
How about a Wendy's ketchup packet? laughing

Sorry, couldnt resist embarrasment

elementdeltaX
Anyone else have any ideas??

Thanks,
ElementdeltaX

Arch Stanton
This could get tricky, but I've done it before with little packets of gunpowder with model rocket filament ingitors. You bury a thin wire or even leave it on top of the ground since they're so thin and then touch each wire to one of those heavy duty flashlight batteries in the order you want them to go off. You can probably accomplish this for no more than 25 bucks these days. I know it sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.

elementdeltaX
Yea I was trying to come up with some sort of rig using wire and a battery and steel wool but i had nothing to ignite that would explode. Thanks for the idea sounds good. Any ideas on where I could get the gun powder smile ??

Thanks,
ElementDeltaX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.